GTAV PS4

Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes Demo Hits PSN Tomorrow

Brian Keltner's Avatar + Posted by Brian Keltner on Sep 06, 2010 // PR Manager, Capcom

Action Fans, history buffs, Anime enthusiasts, and anyone else who wants a fun time punishing enemies: the Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes demo for PlayStation 3 gives you a sample of what to expect when it arrives on PSN tomorrow, September 7. Featuring two playable samurai, the demo lets you pick up the swords of Mitsunari Ishida or smash your enemies into the ground using bare hands as Ieyasu Tokugawa, each with a few leveled up moves. When the full game arrives on October 12, you’ll have more than a dozen playable characters to choose from, each with their own weapons, fighting styles, and move sets.

From the creator of Devil May Cry 4, Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes puts you smack in the middle of the war between clans in 16th century Japan. With notable samurai taken from Japanese history, but stylized into veritable war machines, choose a side and form alliances as you battle hundreds of enemies in the effort to unite, divide, conquer, or bring peace to the land. On your way to the final battle, you’ll upgrade your weapons and learn powerful new moves including deadly BASARA arts which allow you to unleash spectacular moves that wipe out multitudes of enemies.

I’ll leave you with a tip: while it’s not always necessary to take down the camp commanders in order to progress through the game, occupying a camp can give you added bonuses such as weakening the final opponent. So fight hard and fight smart.

Hop online, download, and enjoy! Be sure you don’t miss Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes when it arrives in North America on October 12.

PAGE 1 2

+ k1ngsnak3 on September 7th, 2010 at 2:44 pm said:

I love the anime and this looks like a pretty solid translation. Now if I can only find which moving box I put my PS3 into then I’d be all set!

+ Zantagor on September 7th, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

@51 if you want to jab at Capcom for copying an historical based game, then at least get the original name right :P

There’s no games called, Samurai heroes from KOEI. It’s Samurai Warriors. And I hate to say it, are “alike” only at the basic level. SW is more “historical accurate” while SB is more in your face over the top theatrics like Devil May Cry, it doesn’t take itself seriously.

+ gdtarrant on September 7th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

Has anyone actually been able to download the demo? I’m not seeing it on PSN…

Brian Keltner's Avatar

+ Brian Keltner on September 7th, 2010 at 7:28 pm said:

It should be up now. The store seemed to update a little late today.

+ silent_sid on September 7th, 2010 at 3:44 pm said:

lets hope that this is better then devil kings

+ xxnike629xx on September 7th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

@Kamiyaaa
Thank you for your wealth of knowledge. However, I would like to comment on your use of the word “3th”. Unless I am mistaken, there is no such word. I believe you were meaning to use the word “3rd” or “third”.

=D

Anyway, back on topic…

I really do hope that Capcom makes the decision to be smart and include the Japanese voices.

+ xxnike629xx on September 7th, 2010 at 4:51 pm said:

@gdtarrant
Don’t see it on PSN.

LIES!!

>_>

+ Franx on September 7th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

Ummm…definitely not on PSN…

+ Altoh_Ryuki on September 7th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

when does PSN store update cuz ive been checking every hour since 12 pm PST and still no basara

+ Auchenai_92 on September 7th, 2010 at 5:50 pm said:

8:49 pm Eastern time, and yet to see the Demo on PSN Nice bull. I wonder what the delay is. R.U.S.E, Castle Crashers etc already hit PSN why not this?

+ Lord-Me on September 7th, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

Looking good, Gonna try out the demo tomorrow.

+ Franx on September 7th, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

Total bummer — was sitting at work looking forward to trying this out all day.

+ xxnike629xx on September 7th, 2010 at 6:38 pm said:

Yep.

A bunch of lies.

I guess Sony and Capcom fails at marketing since it seems like they want this game to fail when it comes out.

:: sigh ::

Capcom posts that “Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Heroes Demo now on PSN” at Tuesday, September 7, 2010, 08:59 AM PST which would be 11:59 AM (Eastern Time).

Well it’s 9:37 PM Eastern time and I see no demo.

But I did get that firmware update which address security vulnerabilities (i.e PS3 USB device homebrew stuff blocked out).

+ xBarritx on September 7th, 2010 at 6:41 pm said:

I think PSN updates around 9pm/10pm eastern on Tuesdays. When I heard the Vanquish demo was coming out, it was around 9pm-10pm that day until I saw it on PSN.

+ Kamiyaaa on September 7th, 2010 at 10:05 pm said:

@xxnike629xx Oh, thank you for telling me!
btw, the demo is in PSN now

+ n4nobust3r on September 8th, 2010 at 5:07 am said:

JAPANESE VOICE PLEASE!

capcom usually give us dual voice onimusha,sf etc why can’t you include japanese voice there is space for it and you have done it with lots of your other game!

if this doesn’t have japanese voice then i guess i’m set with the region 3 asia (japanes verion one) then

once again need confirmation for japanese voice please capcom,masamune vs yukimura isn’t going to be as hot and burning with english voice acting!

PUT YA GUNS oN!

+ SupaGokuMan on September 8th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

Okay let me clear things for you people. ONE, THE GAME WILL NOT again, THE GAME WILL NOT!!! HAVE DUAL AUDIO. the Wii’s disc is unable to fit the files for the JP voices. and secondly, for those who say “its a rip off of Samurai Warriors” or, “it looks just like Dynasty Warriors” well, its far from it. at the base of it all, yes they are similar. but if you talked to someone who OWNS the game (i.e. Me) they could tell you so much different. its a fantastic game. really is. maxing out everybody at this point. trying to get the two insanely hard trophies.

+ WarriorSpirit0 on September 8th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

Why isnt the demo in Europe PS Store?

+ vash392 on September 10th, 2010 at 9:08 am said:

Omg I love the anime so much and the demo was nothing but great :). Felt like I was playing Dynasty warriors gundam 2 >_<.

+ rafael_martines on September 10th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

Brian Keltner please, we want any confirmation about Japanese Voices….

+ Skv007 on September 11th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

WHAT! NO ONLINE CO-OP

I find that very disappointing.
The ps2 version had offline co-op (well I’m thinking of Samurai Warrior’s 3 i think) but that was quite a few years ago.

It’s quite disappointing to see that online co-op wasn’t implemented in such a great game!
Offline co-op was a feature that was obviously supposed to be in there (as it’s presessors also had it, but i expected this game to leap online considering how awesome the co-op is in this game.

It’s sad to see that the game isn’t trying to step forward at all.
I’m going to buy the game, but i still hope to see online co-op support down the road for this installment. Otherwise, I might as well play my old Samurai Warrior/Heroes games that have had offline co-op for the last decade.

+ rafael_martines on September 13th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Its is just a port of Wii, without japanese voicecover and offline co-op… only that… :(

PAGE 1 2