Bloodborne

ModNation Monday: Enjoying Double-XP Week?

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Sep 07, 2010 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

ModNation Racers for PS3: ModNation Mondays

Greetings everyone! Ramone Russell here with another ModNation Monday Tuesday update!

Double XP week ends Thursday!

Remember to take advantage while you can, it only lasts through Wednesday. By the way, some of you have asked so I wanted to clarify — the multiplier is not applied at the end of a race so you won’t see it there, but when you get back to the ModSpot and check your stats you’ll see that you’re getting Double XP. Enjoy!

ModNation Racers Dynamic Theme available on PSN

For those who can’t get enough ModNation Racers, the Dynamic Theme is available on the PSN for $2.99 putting you right on the racetrack.

ModNation Racers Dynamic Theme available on PSN for $2.99

Next Week: The Artist Spotlight Returns!

Tanner Foust: ModNation Racers Artists SpotlightTyler McQuarrie: ModNation Racers Artists Spotlight

Next week witness the return of the ModNation Racers Artist Spotlight! Professional stunt and race car drivers, Tanner Foust (2007/2008 Formula Drift Champion) and Tyler McQuarrie (2008 Redline Time Attack National Champion) grab a copy of ModNation and take it out for a spin!

ModNation Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation Racers get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handiwork on the PlayStation.Blog.

Mod of the Week

Mod Name: ”Biff Tradwell”
Creator: tjperez123

ModNation Racers for PS3: Biff Tradwell

Kart of the Week

Kart Name: ”Gary and Biff Kart!”
Creator: tjperez123

ModNation Racers for PS3: Gary and Biff Kart!

Tracks of the Week

If you have videos of your track, submit them to ModNation Racer’s YouTube channel (ModNation@Playstation.Sony.com) and we will include them in the blog if your track is showcased.

Track Name: ”Forgotten Ruins Mountain”
Created by: Blind-Rush

ModNation Racers for PS3: Forgotten Ruins

ModNation Racers for PS3: Forgotten Ruins ModNation Racers for PS3: Forgotten Ruins

Blind-Rush says: “Forgotten Ruins Mountain is a former battle zone of a war held by three civilizations; desert, jungle and alpine civilizations. After the war, all was left in ruins making one of the best tracks in the ModNation world. To make this track, I used props from three themes, the ones mentioned earlier. I took advantage of this feature to make various passages, each one with a different theme.”

Track Name: ”Switchbacks and Stairs”
Created by: Harbringer

ModNation Racers for PS3: Switchbacks and Stairs

ModNation Racers for PS3: Switchbacks and Stairs ModNation Racers for PS3: Switchbacks and Stairs

Harbringer says: “A simple, yet not so simple track that takes you up a mountain through a series of switchbacks then flying back down a crate staircase. This is a unique track you don’t want to miss!”)

Track Name: ”Evolution City”
Created by: Stitchless

ModNation Racers for PS3: Evolution City

ModNation Racers for PS3: Evolution City ModNation Racers for PS3: Evolution City

Stitchless says: “This is Evolution City. After several people began gaining powers, the city was given to this population so they would have a place to call home. Heroes and villains roam these streets, and some even the sky. Even after the recent attack by Toxic, the city sprang back quickly. Be forewarned: there are many paths to chose from. Will you follow the sewer line like the crazed cyborg? Will you take a detour through town? Or do your powers take you to the top, soaring above all?”

YouTube “Show us Yours” Creation Contest!

Remember we are having a “Show us Yours” contest on YouTube. Contest rules are simple: submit a video or picture of your very best Track (original creations only) to ModNation@Playstation.Sony.com. Also, be sure to subscribe for all the latest updates to ModNation Racer’s YouTube Channel.

The winners will be announced in an ModNation Racers blog post in September. For more information including prizes and complete rules and details, visit the News and Updates section of the ModNation Racers community site at http://community.modnation.com/en-us/.

Hot Lap Roster for this week

Continuing with the trend we started weeks ago, this week’s Hot Lap roster features all-new community created tracks.

Monday: S: Desert Burst, by Tecnoboy1
Tuesday: Juggernaut Cliff, by Harbringer
Wednesday: Panama Canal, by Blind-Rush
Thursday: Gobi Desert, by C_Smith
Friday: Sewer Surfin’ [BWB], by Barberian912
Saturday: Mirage Canyon, by Harbringer
Sunday: Hurghada Morning [DJTX], by DjTechnics

More news next week! Until then… see you in the ModSpot!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ etur0 on September 7th, 2010 at 4:23 pm said:

What about the ps store? When would it update?

and those are some nice tracks

+ kueritos on September 7th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

SECOND.

+ Jewdo on September 7th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

OH MY GOD NO ONE CARES UPDATE THE STORE!

+ kueritos on September 7th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

OK SONY, UPDATE NOW……..

+ DaWolf619 on September 7th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

Nice tracks and mods. Now how ’bout a Store update Post?

+ Sarno1605 on September 7th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

Store update please.

+ kueritos on September 7th, 2010 at 4:30 pm said:

HURRY BIT** I NEED TO SEE WHAT IS SO KOOL BOUT GOW GOS. UPDATE ALREADY

+ Watchmann on September 7th, 2010 at 4:31 pm said:

When you think about it, now is the perfect time to throw up posts for little known titles, or those Sony wants to give the extra “push” to. Captive audience!

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 7th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

No. Double XP week only showed me how weak and unstable the UFG servers are. You can’t keep up with your own playerbase. Searching for mods, publishing mods, trying to unpublish old mods to put up new ones, all met with failure on the part of the crummy servers.

I seriously haven’t seen servers so unstable since EverQuest in 1999.

I wash my hands of this game.

+ GGod0 on September 7th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

srsly stop whining like pre-schoolers.

+ tlwizard81 on September 7th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

Hey Ramone

Quick question:

I got a Ratchet and Clank DLC code from Amazon for pre-ordering. I held onto it before redeeming but now I can’t redeem it. I read online that they expired or something, but there was no expiration date listed in my email from Amazon. Is there a way to get the code replaced? Or someone I can send my Amazon email to to verify and replace?

Thanks for letting me know.

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on September 7th, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

We dont’ deal with the pre-order problems you will have to contact Amazon sorry.

+ ztheskater on September 7th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

You guys should add some PSN avatars for the main characters in the story of the game or maybe talk with Sony and work out someway to use the in-game camera function to allow us to take pictures of our custom made avatars and use those as our avatars for PSN like we can for the forums.

+ HappyJTheClown on September 7th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

When does the PSP Get some dlc? Or were we forgotten in the PS3 Storm…

+ moriarty1975 on September 7th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

Yeah russell update the store!! And make it not rain tomorrow!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on September 7th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

WOW YOU GUYS AND GALS AT MNR ARE REALLY SLACKING ON THE DLC.I DIDNT THINK I WOULD GET BORED OF THIS GAME BUT ITS SO REPETITIVE ..THAT I JUST CANT SEE MYSELF PLAYING IT AGAIN UNLESS I SEE A NEW MODE LIKE BATTLE, MOST TAKE DOWNS OR ELIMINATIONS OR EVEN A NEW STORY WITH LIKE 5 NEW TRACKS..JUST SOMETHING TO GET THE FANS(LIKE MYSELF)INTERESTED AGAIN ;)

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 7th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

Capslock is cruise control for cool, #15.

+ itsJose on September 7th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

Now thats a Dynamic theme! GREAT job!!! Makes me want to pick up Modnation racers!

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 7th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

Do yourself a favor and don’t. The single player game is fun but the online aspects (i.e. the bulk of the game) are ultra shoddy. Especially when people are actually playing it like during this Double XP Week.

Too many people in the Modspot complaining about getting booted randomly. At one point when taking my mods off the publisher I got 37 disconnects before taking all my mods down.

+ Losingrip on September 7th, 2010 at 4:47 pm said:

Update the store!

I wish to complain about how crappy the update it lol

+ fuzzyclutter on September 7th, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

ok how many people submitted a correctly functioning track and guess which one gets picked for sunday ? hughada morning . a track that not only already was picked . but contains a huge glitch where peaple can skip large portions of track ….. im not wasting my gaming time with this game any more … goodbye .

+ FBanin on September 7th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

Update the store… please!

+ PhillyTheCat on September 7th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

everyone anxious to spend some money or play demos?

+ ruleterren on September 7th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

Ive been waiting all day, please update the store already. I want to see new content!

+ MarinoBrea on September 7th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

great dynamic theme! It may actually be worth $3.00..too bad I don’t like it and I don’t care much for MNR…

+ streetking902 on September 7th, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

update the store i really want to get my psn plus update and buy a new game ps this game kicks me out of the servers to much

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 7th, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

I actually do agree the theme is decent. I wish more games would make them. I’d totally buy a decent Bayonetta or Red Dead Redemption Dynamic Theme. Or Demon’s Souls.

MNR has just provided too much frustration for me to want to see it every time I boot up my console.

+ FBanin on September 7th, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

I want play the best demo ever…. Ghost Of Sparta now! Please!

+ Berae on September 7th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

Nice dynamic theme, i like it.

Hmmm people are so rude… its not because you are talking on the Internet that you can be such [DELETED]..

+ neuroned on September 7th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

ModNation Monday?!

Ummm… it’s Tuesday.

Yeah, yeah… I know. Monday was a “holiday.”

So perhaps you should have called this post ModNation Tuesday.

Amateurs.

+ Sarno1605 on September 7th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

Wow! 7pm central and still no update. You were doing so good, guess that was just a fluke.

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 7th, 2010 at 5:04 pm said:

Despite the holiday; lots of other posts were made yesterday.

A few more hours EST over here and it would have been Modnation Wednesday. This is just UFG showing its apathy for its playerbase.

+ neuroned on September 7th, 2010 at 5:05 pm said:

Oh… and $2.99 for a dynamic theme?

Really?!

Drugs are cheaper.

+ pocon28 on September 7th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

@28 & 30

You should get out more.

+ WWESuperstar on September 7th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

@ pocon 28

Exactly pocon28

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 7th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

It’s Tuesday evening. This is prime At Home Time.

+ kueritos on September 7th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

the more we ask THE MORE TIME THESE SONY FU** ARE GOING TO TAKE TO UPDATE THE STUPID THING.

+ RingJ5 on September 7th, 2010 at 5:14 pm said:

Two thigs:

First of all, ModNation Racers is a very good game, but does have some faults. I have never had much online problems, though.

Second of all, it bugs me that the most recent post before the update seems to be the “Unoficcial Update Waiting Thread”. Seriously, just wait for it. It’ll come out eventually.

+ HeLLeVeN11 on September 7th, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

hmmmmmm…. any update this week or…???

+ socomftbcool on September 7th, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

It’s a labor day week . Hopefully after this update it will revert back to the 7 PM update time as normal.

+ RingJ5 on September 7th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

*things

Also, just to clarify, I’m waiting for this update with baited breath too. I just don’t understand some of the all-caps comments in blog posts that they shouldn’t be in.

+ lobotomies4free on September 7th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

it’s nice to see a nice dynamic theme

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 7th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

Are you running an American copy of the game? I haven’t had connection issues on literally anything else I’ve played. Not on my PC. Not on my PS3.

Modnation is the only thing that continually and utterly fails me as far as online connectivity goes.

I decided to break last night and actually try an XP Series and was met with one two guys who disconnected during the first race and one person who was AFK at the starting line.

Racing yourself in multiplayer isn’t what I’d call fun.

+ RingJ5 on September 7th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

Me? Yes, I’m running an American copy, and wouldn’t trade it n for anything. Not really for the races, even though they are very fun, but from the feeling I get every time someone downloads my stuff.

I have never had any game-breaking connection problems.

+ RingJ5 on September 7th, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

*in

Also, I don’t know why it’s never happened to me, but I’ve seemingly been booted out of races a very small amount of times compared to some of you(at most 5), so maybe I’m not one to talk.

+ Sarno1605 on September 7th, 2010 at 5:26 pm said:

God Damn Sony! Update the store already. Its almost 5:30 in california! WTF Seriously!

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 7th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Well, I’m glad you’re having fun with it.

This will actually be the first thing I’ve -ever- sold in my 25 years of console gaming.

+ socomftbcool on September 7th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

Well , Sarno1605 , it’s 8:39 here . Quit complaining.

+ jimfear on September 7th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

update the goddamn store you lazy …

+ SpyDudeFX on September 7th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

@tlwizard81 I believe Amazon codes always expire 90 days from ship date. Since you’re just two weeks off, you might be able to email Amazon customer service and explain. Good luck!

+ PhillyTheCat on September 7th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

@socomftbcool~ where on the east are you? florida here.

PAGE 1 2 3