PS4-Watch_Dogs

Buy Knights in the Nightmare, get Yggdra Union for PSP… for FREE!

Aram Jabbari's Avatar + Posted by Aram Jabbari on Sep 08, 2010 // Manager of PR and Sales, ATLUS

So you’re interested in Knights in the Nightmare for PSP system. Who could blame you? It’s a daring mix of fast-paced, action-packed gameplay and deep, satisfying strategy. But, for whatever reason, you’re on the fence. Maybe the fence is comfortable, who knows. Before you get splinters you-know-where, maybe it’s best you make a decision and jump off. Hence the below:

Knights in the Nightmare - Formula for Win

We’re proud to announce a special promotion for folks who pick up a copy of Knights in the Nightmare at launch. Whether you buy from a store or through PlayStation Network (we love you, too, PSPgo owners), launch copies will come with a FREE digital copy of Yggdra Union for PSP system (a $14.99 value!). The perfect companion to Knights (heck, it was made by the same folks, Sting, and takes place in the same series), Yggdra Union is a turn-based strategy RPG with real-time elements. It’s all the more fitting that one of the big new additions for Knights in the Nightmare on PSP is a third playable character, Princess Yggdra herself, which makes the free copy of her star turn all the more appropriate.

So, let’s recap. You wanted an innovative mix of bullet-hell action and strategy roleplaying for your PSP system, with improvements like enhanced visuals and sound, a widescreen (16:9) aspect ratio, and new content like a third playable character?

Now, you’re also getting a FREE COPY of Yggdra Union, a game that GamePro scored a 5 out of 5, calling it “…a rare gem that manages to stay interesting after hours and hours of playtime.”

Yeah, we know, we’re awesome.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Knights in the Nightmare is now coming out a bit later, on November 9, 2010, in stores and via PlayStation Network.

Visit the official Knights in the Nightmare website, http://www.atlus.com/knightspsp, for more details about the game. For more info about Yggdra Union, visit http://www.atlus.com/yggdraunion.

PAGE 1 2

+ Vcheese on September 8th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

I’ll pass on this one but it’s nice to see we can get the same promotion on the ps network.

+ Heurone on September 8th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

Thanks for offering something better than splinters!

+ socksandshoes22 on September 8th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

This is all the way live, as the kids say.

+ BloodiedWraith on September 8th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

You keep telling us you love us PSPgo users, but why were we left out of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep? Had you guys announced that we weren’t getting it when the PSPgo came out, I wouldn’t have sold my PSP-2000 for one.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on September 8th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

We can’t speak for that one, BloodiedWraith; that’s not our title…

*awkward silence*

+ Dragonzblaze on September 8th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

persona 5 for ps3 please ty

+ adolson on September 8th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

Trauma Center for PlayStation Move! Please!

+ mcbuttz78 on September 8th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

How many hours of gameplay are talking here.. And alot of my friends wanted me to ask this, will there be a demon souls 2.. If you cannot answer that i understand..

I will try to pick this up , seems like psp is the rpg making machine.. :)
mcbuttz78

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on September 8th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

I’ve seen a broad range of durations given for folks’ first playthroughs.

The average seems to be about 15-20 hours for one run through, and that’s with a healthy amount of side-knight-recruitment and strategic prolonging of chapters (in order to get more items, exp, etc).

I saw one user claim a single playthrough took them about 60 hours, which is certainly outside a couple standard deviations of the norm. The search for all recruitable knights can easily become an addiction, and since you can’t get them all in one playthrough, many are certain to be satisfied by at least one more playthrough. In a speedrun scenario, one character’s campaign can likely be completed in under 10 hours.

With various endings, three unique playable characters (complete with their own distinct perspective on the game’s narrative), and the fact that multiple playthroughs are the only way to recruit all the different knights in the game, we’re confident that most will measure their total play time in dozens of hours and that no one will come away feeling short-changed.

+ LightAce on September 8th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

it’s time’s like this when I wish I had a PSP

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on September 8th, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

We wish you did, too.

+ ManaKnight on September 8th, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

I just preordered the game from Amazon a few days ago. Does that mean my copy with come with a code somehow?

Glad I heard this now ATLUS, because I was almost about to track down Yggdra Union on PSP.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on September 8th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

ManaKnight,

Retail copies, like the one you’ve pre-ordered, will contain a voucher code inside the case. PlayStation Network purchases will be provided with the game digitally following the transaction.

+ mcbuttz78 on September 8th, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

SO buy 1 get 1 free.. ? and if it possible answer #7.. ty

and will you guys try to make avi’s for dlc in psn for your titles.. that would be kool..

+ tajima_kaito on September 8th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

thanks for loving us GO owners, i’m really dissapointed in Square enix and some other companies for screwing us hardcore but, gotta love sony they’re trying thier best to keep everything going for sony and gotta love the companies that are supporting the GO <3 ^^ i honestly hate UMD's so i love my go ^^ and i loved my 2000 with all my memory cards as well till it broke D:

+ Lestatdelioncort on September 8th, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

Don’t worry sony we know its not your fault about KHBBS we know there’s strict policies about digital distribution online these days. Hopefully you guys and square enix will get KHBBS in the psn store soon. Meanwhile i’ll wait so i can be a first day buyer for you guys. Im definitely gonna get this game your announcing in the blog and Cladun. I haven’t stopped playing my psp since Valkyria Chronicles 2, Ys Seven, MGS PW, so much good stuff out right now keep it coming!!! and Thanks!

+ jh6269 on September 8th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

I wish we could be told whether or not a PSP v2 is coming out in the next year or so, because I really want to buy a PSP but don’t want to get burned when there’s a new model coming out as soon as I buy it.

But anyway, thanks ATLUS for the great deal, I’m hoping to see some PS3 deals soon; you guys are one of my new favorite publishers (3D Dot Game Heroes and Demon’s Souls–LOVE them both).

+ remanutd5 on September 8th, 2010 at 3:01 pm said:

hi Adam im not an RPG lover , i have played very few RPGs and 1 of them is Demon’s Souls , my question is , are we psp , psp GO owners ever gonna get a Demon’s Souls game on the little system? i mean we have just gotten Valkyria Chronicles on both systems , White Knight Chronicles is coming to both systems too , i think Demons Souls must come to the little system too

+ clan_nutsy on September 8th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

what about me who already hav retail Yggdra Union? can i get Riveira instead..? :p

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 8th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

Wow, that’s a killer deal! Sold!!!!!!!!!

+ Thrasher20 on September 8th, 2010 at 3:34 pm said:

Atlus is best!

+ DiscoJer on September 8th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Sony has said over and over that there is no PSP2 coming. Companies keep announcing games for the PSP1 (latest: Dissidia 2). So why are people so convinced a PSP2 is on the way?

+ MarinoBrea on September 8th, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

woa! Atlus! take it easy with the offers, don’t go bankrupt on us yet!

+ Kirkpad on September 8th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

This could be the first RPG I get for my PSP. Great deal, and great looking.

Any details on pricing? Amazon says $29.99, which is a fair price for me.

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on September 8th, 2010 at 4:01 pm said:

@Kirkpad
if you read you can see this game is 14.99$ and they give for free the other game
I LOVE YOU ATLUS!

+ TwinDad on September 8th, 2010 at 4:08 pm said:

@Cyberfreak

Nights in the Nightmare is $30, Yggdra is $15. Still an awesome deal two fantastic PSP RPG games for $30.

+ midnightshade on September 8th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

Once again Aram, your company proves its the best company for a rpg fan!! Thank you for this offer. I already own Knights of the nightmere on the other handheld, but planned to pick it up for the psp as well. I love the game. And to top it off my Yggra Union disk is lost so its a win-win for me. 2 great games!!!

Question for you. Whats the deal with Atlus? Your not going under are you? Please confirm that this won’t be the last playstation release? I read that Atlus was merged with a mobile phone software company, I hope they don’t restrict the creative freedom and playstation goodness your teams have been creating and publishing for years now. It would be a sad day indeed. I have bought just about everyone of your products this generation and even splurged on a lot from last gen. I hope you continue to supply us the best rpgs like always.

+ midnightshade on September 8th, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

Will be buying this day 1 like usual. i own knights on the other sys already, but want the psp version! And I lost the Ygrra union disk so this is a win-win for me!!! Thanks again Aram for proving your cmopany is the best of the best of rpg publishers.

I hope you are still a company though. I read Atlus was taken over by a mobile phone company. Is this true? Will you still be making playstation products or will they be making you do phone games :( It would be a sad day indeed. I have bought everyone of your playstation products in the last 5 years and most of them from the other handheld as well. I really do hope you guys will still be in business!

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on September 8th, 2010 at 4:27 pm said:

News of our demise has been greatly exaggerated. We’re still here and we’re still publishing console/handheld games. Thanks for your concern, but more importantly, thanks for planning to pick up Knights in the Nightmare at launch!

+ n4nobust3r on September 8th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

awesome deal!

PSP has the best JRPG line up this gen, hope more get localized since there is bunch of those title still not leaving japan

i wish there is more jrpg localized and support for playstation platform ,PS3 still has some big JRPG unlocalized yet.

+ Destiny89 on September 8th, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

Really interesting, i think i may get this one then

+ Destiny89 on September 8th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

Atlus also please Bring the new PS3 game catherine to the West pretty please!

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on September 8th, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

oh sorry, my bad, i was sure it was 15$…
anyways, yeah! 2 PSP games for 30$ its a great deal!
i just wish the day when i can play PSP titles trough my PS3 XMB.
i really hate playing on my PSP kids, i’m getting old “lol” my eyes getting on expire date! XD
PLS Bring all PSP ATLUS titles To OUR PRECIOUS PS3 System! :D

+ hush404 on September 8th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

Won’t see me getting em. I like most genres.. turn based tactical grid systems? (is that a genre?) isn’t one of them. Infact, I hate that style of gameplay.

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on September 8th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

Oh, hush… 404.

+ Ska-Boom on September 8th, 2010 at 4:40 pm said:

I’m very excited. I thought the game looked great and the inclusion of yggdra union means I will purchase this on release day. Thanks for having it for both UMD and PSN purchases, its good to know.you care about us Go owners.

+ Onvertic on September 8th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Got three questions:

1.The only day to get this deal if I buy it from the ps store is September 9?

2.When are you guys putting Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner on the ps store?

3.Any interes in bringing Coded Soul: Uketsugareshi Idea to the US?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on September 8th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

Onvertic,

1) Most likely, the Yggdra offer for PSN buyers will be limited by quantity as opposed to date, but because either may ultimately be a factor, the official legal reads “for a limited time, while supplies last.” In short, we’re asking PSN shoppers to order on launch day to guarantee the offer, but it may still be available after the fact.

2) There are currently no plans to bring Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner to PlayStation Store. This is not an intentional omission; there are often factors/variables out of our control that would prevent a digital release.

3) There are no plans to bring Coded Soul to North America.

Thanks for the questions.

+ Elvick_ on September 8th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

Great deal, but I’d much rather get a UMD copy of Yggdra Union. Which I’ve been meaning to do for awhile now. I’m still unsure about Knights in the Nightmare, as I was when it came out for the DS.

+ aovide18 on September 8th, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

that nice but i need to be sure that Phantasy Star Portable 2 will be on pspgo next week i love this game

+ Jeigh on September 8th, 2010 at 7:00 pm said:

Dammit. You guys have finally pushed me over. Congratulations.

I can’t afford to get a new PSP or repair my old ones, but my very first is still functional… enough. >.>

The PSP really does seem to be getting serious love lately from the RPG-Makers that be while the PS3 is still courting shooters and action titles. We know the original X-Box was a horrible system in terms of software- WHY are we taking its genres?

Anyway, I digress (in multiple so many directions). Count on my support- you made an offer I can’t refuse.

+ WhiteF8ng on September 8th, 2010 at 8:55 pm said:

Ummmm… no thanks

+ DaMann22 on September 8th, 2010 at 9:23 pm said:

You know how many rpgs Ive played in the pass year on the PSP? More then i have in the previous 5 years. Im not complaining of course but this year on the psp has been an rpg lovers dream. AND NOW THIS!?! Day one purchase guaranteed!!! Thank you Sting/Atlus, you guys have been my favorite developer/publisher duo since ive had a psp. And those guys who rhyme with Dareanix can go to he….

+ The_GrandJury on September 8th, 2010 at 9:24 pm said:

Sweet. I really want this deal.

+ gameboy36 on September 8th, 2010 at 10:49 pm said:

I’ve been wanting to buy Yggdra Union for the PSP, and was planning to buy this for the PSP too, so this is great news. How much will Knights In The Nightmare be?

Also, I muttered “Whoa, these guys are awesome” right before reading “I know, we’re awesome.” Coincidence?

+ Ouren on September 8th, 2010 at 10:50 pm said:

Atlus;
Have my babies.

+ TheBanditKing on September 9th, 2010 at 4:32 am said:

This is beyond awesome Atlus. Though its too bad for me that I already own Yggdra Union on PSP; along with all the other department of heaven games (Sting games rock). Still this is a great bonus, you guys always put your fans first.

+ panos1995 on September 9th, 2010 at 4:40 am said:

A great deal! btw is Catherine coming to West? Ah, and don’t forget Persona 5(god, i am waiting P4 anime)!

+ lilyphoenix on September 9th, 2010 at 6:19 am said:

The Free game looks more interesting to me, but I might get this. All my brand new PSP has is KHBBS and the game that were on sale in August…and lots of demos.

Hooray for catering to cheap people! Hooray for RPGs during my lunch break at work!

+ shippou55 on September 9th, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

“The free copy of Yggdra Union is redeemable via PlayStation Network, and only by qualifying North American accounts. It will only be available for a limited time while supplies last, so pre-order a copy today to guarantee yourself the goodness!”

Qualifying north american accounts? How do I qualify it?

I registered my account as a united states one because only then it let my credit card be uploaded to the site.

Will I still get the Yggdra Union?

Aram Jabbari's Avatar

+ Aram Jabbari on September 9th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

“Qualifying” just means that your account meets the eligibility requirements we’ve put forth, like being a resident of North America. Or, in the case of a game rated “M” for Mature (which wouldn’t be this particular instance), you’d have to be of the right age as well.

Hope that answers your question.

+ Dracorius on September 9th, 2010 at 7:14 am said:

Sting’s games are crazy complex!!! I already have the Yggdra Union UMD. I will most likely pick up Knights in Nightmare at the stores. Any chance of re-releasing Riviera? I kind of missed that one….. :(

+ Psikorps on September 9th, 2010 at 8:03 am said:

Mr. Jabbari, is the code within the retail box of Knights in the Nightmare, for the Yggdra Union digital download, valid in Canada?

These days with many retailers and promotions, Canada is not always considered part of North America…just North.

If you could confirm it being for Canada aswell, it would be greatly appreciated.

+ KongWen on September 9th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

I already have KitN on DS, and Yggdra on UMD.

But I just preordered this yesterday. Thanks for the tip! It’s a great deal on an update of a great game, and now I can keep my Yggdra sealed for a while longer. :)

+ colstripcapn on September 9th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

I wasn’t interested in the game at first (I like turn-based, not so much action) but with a 2 for 1 deal… we’ll have to see.

+ OMGitb on September 9th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

Atlus Rocks – they are the saving grace to owning a PSP Go. Thanks guys for ensuring that all your great titles are available to us Go users! I’ll be definitely getting this set when it’s released!

+ urienji on September 9th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

I loved the DS version of Kinghts and I am very tempted to pick up the PSP version, but I want to know how the unique control scheme works on the PSP. Without a touch screen, how do you play this game?

+ shippou55 on September 9th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

““Qualifying” just means that your account meets the eligibility requirements we’ve put forth, like being a resident of North America.”

Is there any way to preorder this game on the playstationstore? Or do I need to buy it on the opening day?

PAGE 1 2