PlayStation VR

Sep 10

Sep 10

LittleBigPlanet 2: Beta Update, Featurettes, PAX 2010 Wrap up, LBP on Twitter

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

LittleBigPlanet 2 for PS3

Online Beta Update

For those of you paying attention, you’ve probably heard that LittleBigPlanet 2 beta codes are being distributed. Here’s the skinny: Yes, beta codes are going out. But globally, we’re taking steps to best test our server environment, so we’re distributing beta codes in phases. The first phase of testing started earlier this week with our European LBP community. In a few weeks, we’ll be growing the participant base with US and other countries. More news to come…

Start Featurettes

With so many new features in LittleBigPlanet 2, its impossible to discuss all the new things in one sitting. So we’re introducing a series of LittleBigPlanet 2 Featurettes that highlight some of the many new things you can do in LBP2, such as the new Grappling Hook and the revamped SHARE experience. Stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for continuing episodes of LBP2’s Featurettes.

PAX Ends

The dust is still settling from this past weekend’s PAX 2010, and we had a blast seeing all our fans. From watching all the four-player fun, community corner activity (stay tuned next week when we start our “Bloggie” reports), the feverish lines for free Sackboy T-shirts, and the extremely sought after Sackboy plushies. Thanks to all our fans in making PAX 2010 our most memorable yet! And thanks to comphermc, confusedcartman, jaeyden, and morgana25 for hosting our Community Corner.

Here’s a quick glimpse of the fun we had over the weekend:

Mm’s Tom & Spaff right before the doors open

LittleBigPlanet 2

Sackboy plushies for sale!!!….before we sold out

LittleBigPlanet 2

Four-player goodness

LittleBigPlanet 2

And EPIC music sequencer usage

Tweet, Tweet!

We recently “officially” obtained the @LittleBigPlanet Twitter account, and our community managers at Media Molecule have been great at keeping our fans up-to-date on all things LBP. Follow us! (I have a wager that we can get over 100k followers by the end of the month, so please tell your friends and help me win!!!)

LittleBigChallenge

And finally: here’s a glimpse of the fun drawings from the previous artwork challenge. Great stuff guys, thanks for putting your links in our comments section!

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

This week, the challenge is to show us a picture of your in-game Sackboy. We’d love to see how creative you guys have been with the different outfits (I’m still working on my football outfit, but can’t seem to get it right). Add your link to the comments below and we’ll be sure to check it out.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Trixzter7 said:

September 10th, 12:01 pm

Hope I can get into the beta…
Beta codes should be given to PS+ members too!

connvict72 said:

September 10th, 12:01 pm

cant wait for my collectors edition

Dragonzblaze said:

September 10th, 12:03 pm

hope i get in the beta reserving this game ASAP

srmej said:

September 10th, 12:03 pm

Who will be receiving beta codes how will they be sent out.

VofEscaflowne said:

September 10th, 12:05 pm

Good to know you didn’t forget about North American beta testers! :P

jazzyrider said:

September 10th, 12:06 pm

i so wanted a plushy. i was there the 1st day and didn’t see any by the time i got there ~2p. hopefully i get in the beta again like the 1st time. lotsa fun!

Cobra1 said:

September 10th, 12:06 pm

Awww!! You took a picture of me in my pink Mariner’s cap!! I was actually amazed at how fast you guys sold out of those!

S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT said:

September 10th, 12:07 pm

I’m glad I do not have to pre-order a game for this beta. A beta is a testing tool, not a marketing tool, developers!

Komickal said:

September 10th, 12:12 pm

Got a punk-rocker outfit for my lbp, with a pink mohawk. Looks pretty kick-ass if I do say so myself. :P Can’t wait for a possible beta code.

Kirkpad said:

September 10th, 12:13 pm

My brother (PSN: Lucidess) has made some amazing LBP levels which have gone largely unnoticed. He has ALREADY MADE a player control unit for his levels. Now, you should give him the BETA so he can see if you guys have actually done what he’s been working around for 2 years.

I’ve already played over the top racers, brick breakers, RPG’s RTS’s. All in LBP1 on Lucidess’s profile.

Aremus said:

September 10th, 12:13 pm

I was on the beta for LBP, too bad i didn’t received any email about LBP2 beta :( i was really waiting for it :(

letherclad said:

September 10th, 12:14 pm

I can’t wait for this game, I hope I get in the beta.

StatikBit said:

September 10th, 12:14 pm

This would be so incredible to be part of the beta!

I have already pre-ordered 2 copies of the Collectors Edition from GameStop (one for my gf ShotgunSignorina and me), and it would be incredible to get a sneak peak to help test!

Keep up the great work!
– StatikBit

FredNation said:

September 10th, 12:15 pm

Will PlayStation Plus users get into the beta? And how about Qore?
Please reply thanks,

FredNation.

StevenI said:

September 10th, 12:18 pm

iPuntBabies- said:

September 10th, 12:20 pm

can we get the beta if we’re ps plus users?

Haskell420 said:

September 10th, 12:23 pm

Very cool. I got a LBP Beta invite for the 1st game, I was excited of course.

– Within 5 minutes in the Beta, I loved the premise and promise the game showed.
– Within 30 minutes, I was hooked and made 3 phone calls to friends telling them I got the Beta, and to come over as soon as they can.(They were dying to get in the beta as well)

45 minutes later, I was posting my thoughts on the game on a few different web sites, that without a shadow of a doubt, this WILL be Game of the Year! Hands down no BS.

Of course, I had many people say I was nuts, Oh it can’t be THAT good,’No way, COD is better, GTA is better, and on and on.

I explained why I believed this to be true, and while those other games ARE great, that anyone who plays LBP, within 5 minutes will be hooked! Needless to say, it came out and took the nation/world by storm!

And at the end of the year, everything I said, and explained, the 16 months earlier was 1 Billion% TRUE.

It was the Game of the Year!!

Now I wish, cross fingers, pray, and hope that I can get into the LBP 2 Beta as well. LBP was the 3rd or 4th PS3 Beta I was in….now 18 Beta Invites later… I soooooooo want LB2 Beta!

Haskell420… the “Master Beta’r!

xAllanKx said:

September 10th, 12:27 pm

good now send me one code :D haha

NURADEEN said:

September 10th, 12:31 pm

Attn How can I get a refund from PLAYSTATION PLUS? What is the customer # to call ? I want my money refunded please!

freshchris5805 said:

September 10th, 12:32 pm

I hope I get the beta to test I love LBP.

ScampSixteen said:

September 10th, 12:35 pm

Reginthorn said:

September 10th, 12:35 pm

Do PS+ members get BETA priority? I can’t wait to try LBP2 out!

DTS_MAN said:

September 10th, 12:35 pm

Gimme gimme gimme gimme…please?

SpyDudeFX said:

September 10th, 12:38 pm

What is the beta selection criteria for the US community? Same as EU?

CapinChronic said:

September 10th, 12:42 pm

Can’t wait for the beta to start
@18 NURADEEN…. Epic fail! lmao

typikal82 said:

September 10th, 12:45 pm

PS+ members were guaranteed betas, where’s our info?

spideyal said:

September 10th, 12:47 pm

Pre-ordered Collectors Edition ;) Just waiting for November to roll around. Except I plan on giving the Sackboy plushy to my girlfriend because she really wants it but can’t afford the CE as well lol.

Oh well, I get to keep the costumes and the game. :)Fantastic.

emjayx said:

September 10th, 12:47 pm

Why is Media Molecule so sexy?!

AZ929 said:

September 10th, 12:48 pm

Gah! I’m so freaking excited for this game! Can’t wait!

infamousXX87XX said:

September 10th, 12:48 pm

this is dumb. Its a damn Sony game and Beta codes are being given out but NOT to PS+ members. If we cant get a beta from a sony game then what the hell is it gonna take to get a beta

Pro_espace72 said:

September 10th, 12:49 pm

Oh.. I wanted the LBP 2 Beta key.. Well, I hope Yo guys have fun there!! P.S. Play my levels in LBP :)

Aspherex said:

September 10th, 12:54 pm

I wanted into the LBP2 beta :( I was in the LBP beta and I was very active in LBP… I’m missing out :(

BlooodyCow said:

September 10th, 12:54 pm

ALL PS PLUS MEMBERS BETTER GET IN OR LEAVE EVERYONE OUT. None of this BS select few only. What the point of subscribing to something only if “a select” few only get in.

SpyDudeFX said:

September 10th, 12:55 pm

@19 call 800-345-SONY

NixofNine said:

September 10th, 12:56 pm

Will you be selling more Sackboy plushies? I know everyone else is asking for beta codes, which i would like as well. But my wife would LOVE a Sackboy plushy…maybe me too.

fijski8 said:

September 10th, 1:06 pm

This is great news. Hope to get code, all my buddies on my psn are playing beta…. I have played about thousands of community levels and created over 20 in my 2 years playing.. Pick me! XD.

ztheskater said:

September 10th, 1:13 pm

I hope I will get in since this is why I bought Plus and this is one of Sony’s biggest platforming games. Not the select few which was no where in the description for Plus.

fijski8 said:

September 10th, 1:18 pm

Everyone mad about the ps plus should relax a little, he did say this is first “phase”. I am sure plus will get it sooner or later. I have played lbp for 2 years daily and am bummed beyond belief I can’t play it yet. Mm and sony will do what is right for the game and the community. This is just the first phase.

Unknown_Gunner said:

September 10th, 1:19 pm

How do we get in on the Beta codes? PS+? Got my collectors edtion preordered cant wait!

bravo9zero said:

September 10th, 1:23 pm

Let’s hope there’s a place for good ole’ Bravo9zero in the BETA! ;)

darthlego said:

September 10th, 1:24 pm

Cool. I thought that I had missed the chance to get into the LBP 2 beta. I hope you’ll add the option to get in with a PS+ account.

Anyway, here is my Sackboy:

I think it looks cool. I have been using this costume for a year now.

rjejr said:

September 10th, 1:31 pm

Very happy to see the grappling hook. One of the biggest impressions any video game ever made on me was Spyro’s ability to grab on to ledges waaaay back on the PS1. Jak perfected this on the PS2. Since then any game which has me falling to my death “oh so close” to the edge has annoyed me. While I’m sure this hook won’t solve all my problems I’m hoping it at least adds a little enjoyment.

PS – yada yada beta yada yada PS+ subscriber.

scorpio182 said:

September 10th, 1:38 pm

Just preorder the LBP2 CE today!!!!!

taekw0nd0j0 said:

September 10th, 1:43 pm

I’ve got the CE on preorder since the day after it was announced. Can’t wait for the game. Hope it will be a ton better than the first, which was already my favorite PS3 game.

utopianacht said:

September 10th, 1:45 pm

where is november 16 when i need it..?

Thrasher20 said:

September 10th, 2:02 pm

Just give me a code right now.

DeadCell34 said:

September 10th, 2:12 pm

PS+ = FAIL

You guys were promised betas, but not specifically the LBP2 beta. So don’t get all tore up if you don’t get one. You’ll just have to wait like the rest of those who don’t get in.

Just saying…….. all I’ve heard ever since PS+ was released was crying and whining everytime you didn’t get a newly released game free or get into a beta. You expect to pay $50 a year for the service and expect to get hundreds upon hundreds of dollars of content in return.

RawrrSlayer said:

September 10th, 2:12 pm

OOoooo Beta!!!
Yes Pleasse <3

df2506 said:

September 10th, 2:17 pm

Awesome video! The grappling hook looks great. Can’t wait to see someone do a Spider-man LBP2 level using that (though that Tarzan level looked fun).

PAGE 1 2 3