Uncharted 4

LittleBigPlanet 2: Beta Update, Featurettes, PAX 2010 Wrap up, LBP on Twitter

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Sep 10, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LittleBigPlanet 2 for PS3

Online Beta Update

For those of you paying attention, you’ve probably heard that LittleBigPlanet 2 beta codes are being distributed. Here’s the skinny: Yes, beta codes are going out. But globally, we’re taking steps to best test our server environment, so we’re distributing beta codes in phases. The first phase of testing started earlier this week with our European LBP community. In a few weeks, we’ll be growing the participant base with US and other countries. More news to come…

Start Featurettes

With so many new features in LittleBigPlanet 2, its impossible to discuss all the new things in one sitting. So we’re introducing a series of LittleBigPlanet 2 Featurettes that highlight some of the many new things you can do in LBP2, such as the new Grappling Hook and the revamped SHARE experience. Stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for continuing episodes of LBP2’s Featurettes.

PAX Ends

The dust is still settling from this past weekend’s PAX 2010, and we had a blast seeing all our fans. From watching all the four-player fun, community corner activity (stay tuned next week when we start our “Bloggie” reports), the feverish lines for free Sackboy T-shirts, and the extremely sought after Sackboy plushies. Thanks to all our fans in making PAX 2010 our most memorable yet! And thanks to comphermc, confusedcartman, jaeyden, and morgana25 for hosting our Community Corner.

Here’s a quick glimpse of the fun we had over the weekend:

Mm’s Tom & Spaff right before the doors open

LittleBigPlanet 2

Sackboy plushies for sale!!!….before we sold out

LittleBigPlanet 2

Four-player goodness

LittleBigPlanet 2

And EPIC music sequencer usage

Tweet, Tweet!

We recently “officially” obtained the @LittleBigPlanet Twitter account, and our community managers at Media Molecule have been great at keeping our fans up-to-date on all things LBP. Follow us! (I have a wager that we can get over 100k followers by the end of the month, so please tell your friends and help me win!!!)

LittleBigChallenge

And finally: here’s a glimpse of the fun drawings from the previous artwork challenge. Great stuff guys, thanks for putting your links in our comments section!

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

This week, the challenge is to show us a picture of your in-game Sackboy. We’d love to see how creative you guys have been with the different outfits (I’m still working on my football outfit, but can’t seem to get it right). Add your link to the comments below and we’ll be sure to check it out.

144 Comments

+ Vex_Doppel on September 10th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

Can’t wait for my Collector’s Edition!
I love the backwards compatiblity for LBP2, so excited to see all my DLC with the new graphcis.
Superb job MM.

Here’s my Sackboy!http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2/vex_doppel/APhoto_4-5.jpg

+ Vex_Doppel on September 10th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

oops..try that again.

+ SoYoung on September 10th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

As a playstation plus member, I expect a 100% garanti beta access. So far I feel tricked. First with Red Faction with its limit beta selection and now no info on the beta of LBP2 for + users.

Sony, I promise this : If I dont have access to the LBP2 i’m not ewnewing and never do again. You tricked me with qore, and now this? enough is enough. Its just false representation at this point.

+ SoAmped on September 10th, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

The grappling hooks are going to be a blast! I want one of the sackboy stuffed toys from PAX! I CAN’T WAIT FOR THIS GAME

+ RynoDaxter on September 10th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

Heres Mine Little Big Fan Art :D

+ digitalman123 on September 10th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

Can’t wait! Please let me in the beta test!

+ pinkygurl on September 10th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

Here is my sackgirl. She is teh cuteness. :D

+ footballrule on September 10th, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

I live in the US and I have been following LBP2 since it was first released. I hope to get invited to the LBP2 Beta test! :)

+ footballrule on September 10th, 2010 at 3:28 pm said:

The grappling hooks look like a lot of fun! Go SackZan! :D

I can’t wait till November 16th (Or the LBP2 Beta) to try out these new fun gadgets!

+ dzmetcalf on September 10th, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

Would love to be a part of the new beta.

+ soni2295 on September 10th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

hello here is mine:

+ zekececil14 on September 10th, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

Thank you Mm! The 2nd picture was mine! I was happy to share it to the community, as I put a lot of hard, painstaking work into it. You guys are awesome, and I cant wait for my LittleBigPlanet 2 CE on 11/16/10 (actually 1-5 weeks after November 16th. Dang S+H) I am also excited for my PLUSHIE! I don’t care how old or bitter you are, you CAN NOT look at SackBoy’s smiling face without feeling joy! Now I will have my own REAL SackBoy!

P.S. I have submitted this idea to share but it wasn’t published. There should be a MEGA pod where like 50 SackBoys can just hang out and talk. It could also serve as a way to “Meet Mn’s SackBoys.” What do you think?

+ NURADEEN on September 10th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

i wonder if i can use MOVE with my WII emulator on my Ps3…..

+ GooDxAnDxBaD on September 10th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

any news on the collectors edition for Australia? please i want it soooo bad :(

+ CoolPh3r on September 10th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

Please Beta for me please

+ Tommy012345 on September 10th, 2010 at 4:08 pm said:

Here’s Tim ;)

+ xenostic on September 10th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

Already pre-ordered as well….hope I get to test the beta soon like for the first game

+ OveReAction on September 10th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

Did someone say beta? YAY! Im excited to be part of it! :DDDDD

+ wolfzero1 on September 10th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

cool video, the grappling hook looks like a lot of fun & I can’t wait to see how creative people are in using it in their levels.

+ Permafry_42 on September 10th, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

PLEASE let psn+ members and/or qore subscribers get into the beta! also anyone who got a platinum on lbp1 should get in since they deserve in too!

+ angelspawn77 on September 10th, 2010 at 4:18 pm said:

Cant wait for LBP2 to hit stores, I have the CE pre ordered and cant wait to get it! Sackboy goodies FTW!

+ KEVIN_EL_CHINGON on September 10th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

where can i get the beta codes any1 knows how ?

+ tophatman on September 10th, 2010 at 4:44 pm said:

i realy hope i get one of the codes i have been a fan of little big planet for a long time.

+ GGod0 on September 10th, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

Any chance i can get a beta key for pre ordering the “Supermegaspectacularbeyondbeliefawesomelyinsane” edition?

+ GGod0 on September 10th, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

@67 they only deserve it if they got platinum WITHOUT making a costume or H4H level

+ ixnine on September 10th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Wow, lots of exciting new info. Thanks for the heads-up, Mark!

I’ll be looking forward to my collectors edition, I can’t wait!

+ riclucas on September 10th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

Awesome!!! My drawing is up there! What did I win!!!

JK… But, if you would like to give me something, access to the Beta would be cool… :b

+ hfrr on September 10th, 2010 at 6:03 pm said:

I hope I get the beta to test I love LBP.

+ joeli83cr on September 10th, 2010 at 6:29 pm said:

Here are some of my costumes I made in LBP, and I hope to use in 2 movies that I want to create in LBP2 ;). The Justice Sack League Movie and Sacklice in Wonderland :). I also made a little intro video last year using the first version of my Justice Sack League costumes if you want to see it here is a link to the video and to my custom costume pics.

+ zombie9 on September 10th, 2010 at 6:37 pm said:

LOL Euorpe get LBP2 beta and Killzone 3 beta before any one. Whats up with that. And I don’t remember a killzone 2 beta here in the US.Just in Europe???

+ darthlego on September 10th, 2010 at 7:22 pm said:

@74 Speaking about that, shouldn’t they include the PSN IDs of the creators of the art on this post?

+ Monetep on September 10th, 2010 at 7:23 pm said:

The beta would be awesome, but with or without the beta, i’m buying this game :D

+ G-Force08 on September 10th, 2010 at 7:40 pm said:

This is the ONE game that I have ever preordered the collectors edition for. It’s well worth it. Glad to see all the great stuff coming along.

Cant wait to get my hands on it!

+ Spoelstra3 on September 10th, 2010 at 7:45 pm said:

Was the short done directly on the game, recording and everything? Plus, I sense a spiderman level coming from the grapple hook.

+ SuperCoOper777 on September 10th, 2010 at 8:23 pm said:

Its my birthday today so can i get one without an entry :}

+ maverick34jjv on September 10th, 2010 at 8:53 pm said:

Aww I really want to try out the creativity ,new tools for LBP2 and in general have fun and help Mm perfect the game:), I dunno how to get in or register for the Beta:(. I can’t wait to get my LBP2 CE.

+ GuitarinGuy89 on September 10th, 2010 at 8:57 pm said:

This has been my sackboy ever since i can remember….he never stops playing with himself :P

+ ChriSTFU on September 10th, 2010 at 9:16 pm said:

wtf? where was I during these beta give-aways?

+ mogwaimon on September 10th, 2010 at 9:20 pm said:

I hope y’all set me up with a code, Sony, you owe me after not giving me any help with my White Knight Chronicles issue where after I bought the game I couldn’t use the online component due to my PSN ID somehow tripping the word filter =P

I’mma post a pic of my Sackboy’s self-made costumes later, gotta do some camerawork and editing

+ mikemichaelmic on September 10th, 2010 at 9:24 pm said:

Sweet my drawing of Sackboy jumping in the air smiling picture is there! Shweet!! Soooooo do we win anything? lol

+ mikemichaelmic on September 10th, 2010 at 9:24 pm said:

Lol I joke btw haha

+ freddyrivas on September 10th, 2010 at 9:58 pm said:

how can i make sure i get in on this? im a plus member since july 15 got the whole year will that help out my odds

+ RipperB1024 on September 10th, 2010 at 11:57 pm said:

how do i get the beta?

i’ve never had an singel beta invite, so i realy hope i can get this one…..

+ marlyt on September 11th, 2010 at 12:04 am said:

Can’t wait. Hopefully this one won’t be delayed by Islamic sensitivity issues. Mm, did you check the song lyrics. I can’t take that again…LOL

+ karuban12 on September 11th, 2010 at 1:03 am said:

I can’t wait to play the game it looks amazing, loved the first one hope I can get in the beta for lbp2

+ Spinout209 on September 11th, 2010 at 5:06 am said:

I wish PSN+ would have gotten LBP full game just like the Europeans did… :(

+ MadMeat001 on September 11th, 2010 at 7:54 am said:

i was sure it was a trailer with music showing gameplay another time, but wow! this trailer was good

+ DaSackBoy on September 11th, 2010 at 8:39 am said:

Ahh man, I missed out on that challenge? I have two SackBoy sculptures of mine I coulda entered. :( Bummer.

Anyway, great video.

+ al2009man on September 11th, 2010 at 8:51 am said:

I need a LBP2 beta, well i have LBP1!

+ WakizashiM on September 11th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

So about that Limited Edition for Canada? Any news?