PS3-TLOU Left Behind

LittleBigPlanet 2: Beta Update, Featurettes, PAX 2010 Wrap up, LBP on Twitter

Mark Valledor's Avatar + Posted by Mark Valledor on Sep 10, 2010 // Marketing Manager, SCEA

LittleBigPlanet 2 for PS3

Online Beta Update

For those of you paying attention, you’ve probably heard that LittleBigPlanet 2 beta codes are being distributed. Here’s the skinny: Yes, beta codes are going out. But globally, we’re taking steps to best test our server environment, so we’re distributing beta codes in phases. The first phase of testing started earlier this week with our European LBP community. In a few weeks, we’ll be growing the participant base with US and other countries. More news to come…

Start Featurettes

With so many new features in LittleBigPlanet 2, its impossible to discuss all the new things in one sitting. So we’re introducing a series of LittleBigPlanet 2 Featurettes that highlight some of the many new things you can do in LBP2, such as the new Grappling Hook and the revamped SHARE experience. Stay tuned to the PlayStation.Blog for continuing episodes of LBP2’s Featurettes.

PAX Ends

The dust is still settling from this past weekend’s PAX 2010, and we had a blast seeing all our fans. From watching all the four-player fun, community corner activity (stay tuned next week when we start our “Bloggie” reports), the feverish lines for free Sackboy T-shirts, and the extremely sought after Sackboy plushies. Thanks to all our fans in making PAX 2010 our most memorable yet! And thanks to comphermc, confusedcartman, jaeyden, and morgana25 for hosting our Community Corner.

Here’s a quick glimpse of the fun we had over the weekend:

Mm’s Tom & Spaff right before the doors open

LittleBigPlanet 2

Sackboy plushies for sale!!!….before we sold out

LittleBigPlanet 2

Four-player goodness

LittleBigPlanet 2

And EPIC music sequencer usage

Tweet, Tweet!

We recently “officially” obtained the @LittleBigPlanet Twitter account, and our community managers at Media Molecule have been great at keeping our fans up-to-date on all things LBP. Follow us! (I have a wager that we can get over 100k followers by the end of the month, so please tell your friends and help me win!!!)

LittleBigChallenge

And finally: here’s a glimpse of the fun drawings from the previous artwork challenge. Great stuff guys, thanks for putting your links in our comments section!

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

LittleBigPlanet 2

This week, the challenge is to show us a picture of your in-game Sackboy. We’d love to see how creative you guys have been with the different outfits (I’m still working on my football outfit, but can’t seem to get it right). Add your link to the comments below and we’ll be sure to check it out.

144 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ John_Akatsuki108 on September 11th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Than you Mark for the update on the jole U.S.A beta informstion! see thats why your my favorite molecule! :D thanks again!

+ John_Akatsuki108 on September 11th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

Sorry! i meant *hole*

+ Petor on September 11th, 2010 at 11:05 am said:

Us Playstation Plus members BETTER be able to get into this beta!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Destiny89 on September 11th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

Cant wait for this game. already pre-ordered it

+ Destiny89 on September 11th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

O and i hope i get the beta since im a PSN+ member

+ mc-dermott on September 11th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

i really hope i can get this beta. it would make my life.!!! I really really really hope i get it!!! please little big planet 2!

LBP <3

+ grapewrath09 on September 11th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Here’s My Sackboy. He’s Dr. Robotnik From the “The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog” cartoon

+ fireblitz95 on September 11th, 2010 at 3:14 pm said:

I am LBP’s most active member on LBP. LBP’s #1 clans 2nd in Command. And I really want the beta so please send one to me I definatly will use it. I promise you it will not be wasted in things. So please please please send me the Beta.

LBP’s Most active user,
fireblitz95

+ digitalman123 on September 11th, 2010 at 5:36 pm said:

[music starts] Let’s all go to the lobby! Let’s all go to the lobby! Let’s all go to the lobby! And find ourselves a snack!

+ danielmaluco on September 11th, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

I am loving the Beta.

Thank you for the invite.

+ OveReAction on September 11th, 2010 at 8:00 pm said:

I want that Beta. IT’S SO COOL I’M GONNA DIE!!!

+ Sunshock218 on September 11th, 2010 at 8:03 pm said:

That video was awesome! That alone inspires a lot of potential. Anyways, if you were able to get a beta code simply by getting PS+, I’d definitely get it. But that doesn’t seem to be the case, and I never win random drawings. And, since I haven’t seen this anywhere; What exactly does the beta feature? A chunk of the game or the whole game, just unfinished?

+ ro_ro2378 on September 11th, 2010 at 8:59 pm said:

I have creations for lbp2 my first creation is magnetic boots, and last is sackspy.

+ SnakeStrife on September 11th, 2010 at 10:39 pm said:

If they offer the beta on Playstation Plus I will definitely buy a year subscription on the spot.

+ Transient on September 12th, 2010 at 1:06 am said:

Hopefully Media Molecule doesn’t forget the love Qore annual subscribers showed them with LBP1. :D

+ Strangepom on September 12th, 2010 at 1:29 am said:

Any idea if Australasia will get a chance to play the beta most of my friends are in EU and already have it!

This is how I roll:

+ SNAKE-EYES73 on September 12th, 2010 at 2:08 am said:

Still working on LBP for months now and I still have yet to get hearted for my hard hard I put into creating that Level I made Sink Or Doom..Play it if you dare!..So people please heart me I need to get those final Trophies I’m 89% percent done with LBP but its impossible to get hearted..

+ mc-dermott on September 12th, 2010 at 2:16 am said:

i even have platnium for lbp so please can i have it. i really really want it!

+ mc-dermott on September 12th, 2010 at 2:23 am said:

please media molecule. i could hardly sleep cus i need this beta so bad!

+ KillerRain13 on September 12th, 2010 at 5:23 am said:

Thats Not Fair what if you want to Get LBP2 but wanna see how fun it is before you get it cant they do that it’ll be better.

+ KillerRain13 on September 12th, 2010 at 5:26 am said:

Well im always on LBP 24/7 but why didnt i get it yet can anyone tell me that?

+ darthlego on September 12th, 2010 at 9:29 am said:

@113 Because they have not started sending out the invites in the US yet? :P It says so right in the post.

+ monkeyblaster on September 12th, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

Hi, if i actually got the LBP2 Beta i would actually play on it all the time. Im preordering LBP2 so hope i get it.

+ Sw1tched on September 12th, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

In my opinion, only playstation+ members should get the codes if there is a limited quantity. Then, the others can have it if there is remaining. Playstation plus members are guaranteed hardcore gamers that care about their hobby with a passion. You are guaranteed to get participation and feedback from those users.

+ ro_ro2378 on September 12th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

I want a trade.I have creations for little big planet 2 and Alex Evan will give me lbp2 game with bonus costumes all of them.The creations are perfect to fit in lbp2 making levels.

+ ro_ro2378 on September 12th, 2010 at 4:57 pm said:

I want Alex_Evans be my friend,because I have creations for lbp2 that will amaze you from level kit.

+ ro_ro2378 on September 12th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

If you read this Alex_Evans be my friend and I will give you my creatons for lbp2 and you will give me lbp2 game with bonus costume all of them.

+ zekececil14 on September 12th, 2010 at 7:11 pm said:

@117
Shut up!
@118
Shut up!
@119
Shut up!
@ro_ro2378
Shut up!

O WAIT, SAME PERSON!

+ GAMER501rd on September 12th, 2010 at 9:08 pm said:

What is the danger trigger its 1 of the new objects listed on the tvs at the end

+ OveReAction on September 13th, 2010 at 4:02 am said:

@121 I think its when a trigger turns an object fiery or electrified (or vice versa).

+ SuperGlitchPro on September 13th, 2010 at 9:25 am said:

Wow what can I say thank you for giveing me the code for joining the beta I never see that coming you guys made my day better and better. THE BETA IS AWESOME

+ LilBig47 on September 13th, 2010 at 8:03 pm said:

@125
No, playstation + is for people who buy psn games alot, not for hardcore gamers.

+ mc-dermott on September 14th, 2010 at 6:11 am said:

i need this soooo much. me and monkeyblaster will be up all night playing on it. please invite me. !!!

+ Houwari_Attack on September 14th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

I’m hoping i get a beta invite, I’m PS+ member and I reserved the collector’s edition, People who reserved the game or are PS+ members should get beta invites

+ Kirisuto25 on September 14th, 2010 at 7:22 pm said:

I’m looking foward to LBP2 and from what i’ve heard from my european friends who got in its awesome!!

+ dhfhs2 on September 15th, 2010 at 8:07 am said:

I pre-ordered Little Big Planet 2 collectors edition, Got platinum in LBP 1 and play LBP 1 alot still even though my friends got sick of it already. Making levels is awesome and I can’t wait to see all the new fantastic things in LBP 2 :D

+ dohdohbird on September 15th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

spare some beta?

+ dohdohbird on September 15th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

ps+ = bs+ lol not funny

+ german120 on September 18th, 2010 at 8:30 pm said:

yo i want the demo but im not a plastation plus member so right now im waiting till da game comes out-_-. can some one give me da code if u dont want yt thanx.^-^

+ Skymin99 on October 2nd, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

By “busy” from what i heard,does that mean made alot of levels?

+ fireblitz95 on October 5th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

go Akatsuki Clan ^_^

+ azz-boh on October 9th, 2010 at 1:24 am said:

hi Mm im a big fan of lbp 1 and 2 please if you mind i would have a tester of lbp2 beta because i love your ideas and i pre odered it you done very well by azz boh

+ azz-boh on October 9th, 2010 at 1:26 am said: