PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Heavy Rain on PlayStation Move Comes 9/22

Jefferson Dong's Avatar + Posted by Jefferson Dong on Sep 13, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Greetings psychological thriller fans! We are extremely excited to announce that Heavy Rain will be available to play on PlayStation Move motion peripherals starting on September 22nd.

Heavy Rain for PlayStation Move

Utilizing the extreme precision of the PlayStation Move motion controller (as well as the PlayStation Move navigation controller and the PlayStation Eye camera), players can become completely immersed in the search for the Origami Killer through controls that mimic real-world motions.

For those of you who already have a copy of Heavy Rain, we will be releasing the Heavy Rain Move patch on Wednesday, September 22, 2010. Just boot up Heavy Rain (assuming you also have an internet connection) and it will automatically download to your PS3. This FREE patch will allow current owners of Heavy Rain to play the game with the new PlayStation Move controls and experience a whole new way of playing Heavy Rain.

Heavy Rain for PlayStation Move

In addition, we will be releasing the Heavy Rain Move demo on the PlayStation Store during the following week on Tuesday, September 28, 2010. This is a completely FREE standalone demo that features two of the early levels from the game, Sleazy Place and Crime Scene, and is fully playable with the PlayStation Move (note: you will need the motion controller, the navigation controller, and the PlayStation Eye camera).

Heavy Rain for PlayStation Move

Heavy Rain has been given a PlayStation Move makeover so expect to be drawn into the action more than ever. Now, your every move will make a difference!

Enjoy playing Heavy Rain again with the PlayStation Move, or for the first time!

PAGE 1 2

+ Nintendo451 on September 13th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

*I am commenter number 5*

Okay, that’s good to know. I completely understand that the Nav controller is a lot easier and better for the experience (the DS3 is kinda awkward with just one hand). I’d just never heard it as “required” and not interchangeable.

So the only other question I asked was about the extra content. Will the retail version of Heavy Rain: Move Edition, that David Cage himself has 45 minutes of new content, be the only place to experience this new material? Or will the patch for the original release include this new part of the game?

+ kowhoho on September 13th, 2010 at 1:55 pm said:

Hey, I gotta ask a question about the gameplay with Move. I saw a screenshot where Madison was going to make the movement to attack someone in front of her, from a side view. The move controller button on-screen was pointing to the right for the player, but would be forward from Madison’s perspective.

So, are the controls based off the player’s perspective or that of the character?

+ carlostrejo2308 on September 13th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

I olredy have havy rain game but whith the control of ps3, i will buy ps move, do will be a update for the game?

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on September 13th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

I don’t know if this will add enough to get me to replay the whole game, but I’ll definitely try it out.

+ Thrasher20 on September 13th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

I guess waiting is a good thing. I haven’t played Heavy Rain yet but I will now when I grab the PlayStation Move

+ Sponge-worthy on September 13th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

I sold this game after starting it 3 times, only to be foiled by game-killing bugs (corrupt saves, Taxidermist resetting the main story, etc.).

Better luck with Heavy Rain 2, but my initial interest in the Origami killer was undercut by faulty tech.

+ Boots555 on September 13th, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

Thanks for just making this a free patch. I kinda had this sick feeling in my gut that we might get charged for the move patch.

+ BigBadLanTerN on September 13th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

I read that the Move edition of Heavy Rain will include some extra content. Will the patch for existing owners include this as well?

+ GGCAN on September 13th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Another great game without the Move, but having Move support will make it even better.

Keep up the great work.

+ T3mpr1x on September 13th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

I played this at SCEE’s media lounge at E3 upstairs this year. It takes a few minutes to get accustomed to the controls, but once you’re used to it the experience is much more immersive. Example: to open a door, you move your arm forward, squeeze the trigger, rotate your wrist, and push/pull. Just like in real life! Haha it makes for a different experience.

+ Logical_Dolphin on September 13th, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

For those of you who keep asking what the “45 minutes of video content” means, I investigated and found out it is only 45 minutes of “Making of” videos (9 videos, 45 minutes total) that is added to the Move Edition. So it doesn’t add anything to the story. I’m guessing that Mr. Dong didn’t answer this question because he hasn’t yet confirmed what features the North American Move Edition version has.

The Move Edition, if it is anything like the European version, will also come with Chronicles DLC, 3 dynamic XMB themes, and the soundtrack. Sounds cool if you want the complete Heavy Rain experience.

AFAIK this is the first time I have seen an enhanced version of a game come out the same calendar year.

You can read about it in the European PlayStation Blog:

+ Logical_Dolphin on September 13th, 2010 at 10:31 pm said:

I just re-read this blog post again, I realized there is no mention of a Move Edition of Heavy Rain for North America. So I don’t think there will be one coming out this year.

My prediction is that the Greatest Hits version of Heavy Rain (for North America) will come with all that content in the European Move Edition, sometime next year…

+ Xanthene on September 14th, 2010 at 5:49 am said:

Thanks but the extra episodes of DLC would be preferred. Hard to breath new life into a game when you already know the twist/outcome just because of a fancy new controller. Loved the game and was looking forward to new content for it. Hopefully you notice the demand and still put out the additional chapters. It’s a truly unique experience that should be supported to its full potential.

+ martyshka on September 14th, 2010 at 7:21 am said:

What is the size of new Heavy Rain update?

+ RandomReduX on September 14th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

So, now that the tacked-on motion controls are finally out of the way, can we go back to story-driven DLC? Because that’s what many of us want out of the game, not flailing about.

Though I can’t wait to see how awkward people will feel doing motions for some of Madison’s sexy scenes, lol.

+ Infemeth on September 14th, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

I’ve been wanting to pick up this game for a while, might as well pick it up with my PlayStation Move pre-order on Amazon.

+ chrizburnz on September 16th, 2010 at 6:52 am said:

With many hesitations to buying this game, now it’s confirmed. I will be buying it the same second I pick up my move, however the wait for the 22nd is going to be excruciating because I refuse to play it until the patch comes out. I can’t wait!

+ DeMolay88 on September 19th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

um? philadelphia?

+ chico008 on September 19th, 2010 at 5:34 pm said:

is the add on move going to be free or u have to pay to get that add on for heavy rain

+ TheUndertaker85 on September 19th, 2010 at 6:03 pm said:

@65: If you didn’t know the Heavy Rain: Move Edition demo is available through the EU PSN Store. Out of anything the Move enhances the experience of Heavy Rain, not hinders it. Everything feels very natural and makes for some great gameplay. If you don’t believe it, you should check out the EU store and download the demo or wait for NA to receive the same demo. If not there’s always three short days till the patch releases… Don’t knock it till you try it.

@68: The add-on is actually a patch that will be free

+ Detective-E on September 19th, 2010 at 6:22 pm said:

Is the new Move Edition any different?

+ Yemaya38 on September 20th, 2010 at 5:15 am said:

My game ‘Heavy Rain’ just stopped working!! I can’t get into the game (not even the saved games) no matter how many times I hit the ‘x’! Could this be because my ‘move’ control is attached to the playstation 3 box? I tried using the original control and still nothing happens.
There is nothing wrong with any of the remote controls because ALL the other games and demos work, both regular and move! Just ‘Heavy Rain’ refuses to budge in any direction!

+ Kanedas_Bike on September 20th, 2010 at 11:35 pm said:

So pumped for this I don’t even know what to say.

+ twindc23 on September 22nd, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

is this out yet? today right?

+ riclucas on September 22nd, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

It’s available now! Just put the disc in and you’ll be prompted to update to v2.00.

It’s big though… Just over 1GB total so be prepared to wait!

+ twindc23 on September 22nd, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

Sweeeeet!!!! Thanks!!! Is it Free? Whats the $40 Heavy Rain that they sell at the stores? Same game but with motion support?
Thanks!!

+ riclucas on September 22nd, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

It’s a free patch. The patch also seems to include a reworked main menu, and maybe some other changes.

The Move Edition available in the EU is the same game with the Move patch pre-installed and also comes with some behind-the-scenes footage, the dynamic themes, and the “Taxidermist” DLC. I don’t know if it is planned for it be released in US/Canada.

+ twindc23 on September 22nd, 2010 at 9:35 am said:

Ah thanks a bunch for the info!!

+ warlock7 on September 28th, 2010 at 7:29 pm said:

The patch is available and it won’t download!!! What gives?!?!

+ most_notorius300 on September 29th, 2010 at 8:26 am said:

just beat this game with the move and it was sick i had only played the demo with the dualshock previously and the move makes a significant change whether you played already or not this si a must try atleast with the MOVE so get to moving!!!!!!!!!:)

+ Fastbros on September 30th, 2010 at 9:39 pm said:

All I have to say is: I have no intent of buying the PS Move its just not something I have particular interest in. However, I attempted to play Heavy Rain today which is one of my all time favorite games, but I feel like Sony and Quantic Dream just slapped me in the face. I bought this game when it was first released and it wont let me play the game unless I have a PS move now. How dare you try and force this new equipment on me!I shouldn’t be forced to buy $100 worth of new equipment for a game I spent $60 on the very day it was released. I hope to god this is some sort of issue with that patch that doesn’t allow me to play. Otherwise I will never buy another Sony product in my lifetime. I will sell all my sony equipment (PS3, 2 TVs, Blu-ray player, 2 PSPs, PS2, PS1, and many games) I have been loyal for years but this is a blatant attempt to horde money off me that I am unwilling to pay. I can’t believe that you are willing to go this low for the all mighty dollar… Pretty sleazy business practices if you ask me. Thanks for betraying my trust. That is all

PAGE 1 2