PS4 - Transistor

Hustle Kings – On the Move and More!

Michael Pulst's Avatar + Posted by Michael Pulst on Sep 13, 2010 // Associate Producer, SCEA

Hey everyone, Michael Pulst here, back to give you an update from our friends (and developers of your favorite billiards game, Hustle Kings) at VooFoo Studios. They wanted to pass along about some very exciting news! Check it out..

When PlayStation Move was first publicly announced, we noticed that many of you suggested that Hustle Kings would be a game to make the most of this new control method.

It was a sentiment everyone on the team agreed with, and even as we started the development process, we could see from early tests that it would elevate the virtual pool experience to a whole new level. PlayStation Move enables you to take shots using a real-life cueing action, which feels natural and fun! There have been some heated hustle matches in the office recently, resulting in some very amusing forfeits. Suffice to say, the added realism Move provides is immense and we can’t wait to hear what you all think!

To continue our assault on your senses, I’m delighted to say that Hustle Kings now supports stereoscopic 3D, and while the visuals of the game have often been praised, 3D has taken the graphics and sense of immersion to a whole new level. It feels like you can reach out and pick up a ball! When combined with the PlayStation Move, the experience is pretty incredible.

Since launching Hustle Kings several months ago, we have been astounded by the ongoing support that we’ve received from the PlayStation community. After carefully listening to your feedback we have worked hard to provide tweaks and improvements, along with some very cool new game content. Here’s a quick list of the goodies we have coming up for you:

AVAILABLE VIA FREE TITLE UPDATE THIS WEEK ON PSN:

• PlayStation Move and Stereoscopic 3D support

COMING VERY SOON TO THE PLAYSTATION STORE:

• Carom & U.K. Billiards Pack
  • Ball & Cue Pack
  • Trickshot Pack

As a closing note, I’d just like to say a big thanks from myself and the rest of the team – Hustle Kings wouldn’t be the game it is without your contributions and feedback. Feel free to let us know what you think by e-mail, or just keep up to date with VooFoo and Hustle Kings via our blog and Twitter page!

As you can see the folks at VooFoo are really excited about your huge support and great response to their game and are working hard to continue supporting it with a lot of very cool content! I’ll be watching below for any questions, and in the meantime, here are a few new screens from the upcoming “Carom and U.K. Billiards Pack.”

Move And 3D Support For Hustle Kings Move And 3D Support For Hustle Kings

Move And 3D Support For Hustle Kings Move And 3D Support For Hustle Kings

Thanks!

37 Comments

+ Sindred on September 13th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

Sweet news. Time to play this game again in 3D!!

+ sprodigy on September 13th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

thanks, this will make the game worth playing again! also another game I can look forward to on Move’s launch!

+ Mercenary09 on September 13th, 2010 at 7:09 am said:

This may convince me to pick this game up. Would be nice if Sony gave it to us Plus members

+ ATOMS11 on September 13th, 2010 at 7:09 am said:

I just picked up my move controllers yesterday can’t wait for this 1!

+ Isamito on September 13th, 2010 at 7:10 am said:

very good notice!

+ Sindred on September 13th, 2010 at 7:10 am said:

ATOMS, is it out already? I thought it wasn’t out until later this week!

+ jelly_bean on September 13th, 2010 at 7:13 am said:

Cool… 3D support + Move = Epic Win ;)

+ jpbslayer on September 13th, 2010 at 7:28 am said:

very cool news. i cant wait for move to come out this weekend so i can try this out – great to see the update is free. at least you guys seem to care about your customers – im looking at you high velocity bowling

+ Enforcer_X on September 13th, 2010 at 7:37 am said:

THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE!

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 13th, 2010 at 7:39 am said:

Well I’m not picking up a Move and I don’t like wearing glasses so I don’t enjoy this 3D stuff but I still love this game!! :D

+ zombie9 on September 13th, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

Sweat an update. I don’t have to buy the same game again.
But If U want me to play in 3D You will have to give me a 3DTV for free!! or at lest buy my old TV so I can get one in 3D. (may wait awhile on that):)

+ scorpio182 on September 13th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

I wouldn’t mind trying this game out now. Is there a demo out for this and would it also be to try the move controller?

+ niked on September 13th, 2010 at 8:07 am said:

FANTASTIC NEWS! I got my hands on MOVE a couple of days ago and IT is an amazing piece of tech! It totally owns Wii in every regard and to know that Hustle Kings support this device is great news! Will test it out! When will it get patched again?!

+ MarinoBrea on September 13th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

WOW! Hopefully Sony gets the word out of this fantastic game and other on the PS Store supporting Move! I’ve already suggested here that there must be a “PLAYSTATION MOVE SECTION ON THE PS STORE” with each and every game that supports it.

+ daniel3334 on September 13th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

so awesome cant wait for update. shooting pool in 3d gonna be awesome!!!

+ TacticsPrecise on September 13th, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

In real life, holding the cue with one hand makes me aim poorly. How do you get around that with the 1:1 accuracy of the Move?

+ BalramRules on September 13th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

3d! XD

+ BRIT-KO on September 13th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

I like HK & still play it regularly, but both the PS Move & 3D update won’t affect me one bit, I’m not getting Move because I have a Wii & I’m not getting a 3D TV till they come down in price & I need a new TV!

Having said all that I really do like HK, the Snooker DLC was amazing, this update wasn’t for me particularly but ty VooFoo.

+ Kirkpad on September 13th, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

Those are some smexy balls.

+ plaztiksyke on September 13th, 2010 at 10:48 am said:

I really like this game, and hope the 3D support doesn’t bring down the visual quality of the 2D rendering.

+ kropodra on September 13th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

3d for the 2 people who own a 3d tv

+ klubjunkee on September 13th, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

Will the player actually be superimposed onscreen using the Playstation Eye or is that effect for trailer purpose only?

+ FredNation on September 13th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

Will there be a Hustle Kings PlayStation Move demo also?

+ SpyDudeFX on September 13th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

@22 a lot of Move trailers depict the players so you can see how they move and interact with the game. Since that’s part of the experience. About HK, any plans to launch the event you did in European Home here in the US Home? That crown and shirt are pretty sweet!

+ letherclad on September 13th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

This is pretty awesome, I never picked this game up but now I probably will!

+ Thrill_Kill on September 13th, 2010 at 1:12 pm said:

I find it quite nice that this game keeps getting great updates. Using the Move controller will make this game feel much more realistic, and should bring a new element of fun to the game.

Also the Stereoscopic 3D support is very much appreciated! I look forward to getting some good use out of my new 50″ Panasonic 3DTV, and it’s REAL slim pickings right now. Other than Motorstorm 3D Rift, Wipeout HD, Pain, SSDHD, and one ESPN 3D cable station, I am feeling pretty dry on 3D content. This should help add some hours to my new 3D experiences. Lets hope Sony brings more 3D titles to the table!

IMO if it wasn’t for the PS3, right now 3DTV would be useless. I’m glad I already bought this game! :D

+ kowhoho on September 13th, 2010 at 1:18 pm said:

For me this game wasn’t even on the table (hehe) until this update came around. Now I might get it!

+ PaperCarrier on September 13th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

I have Hustle Kings, love it and SWEET!!! Another good reason to get the Move controller! Can’t wait!

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on September 13th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

Don’t own this game, but good job getting a Move patch out before Move launches. That’s more than most games are managing to do.

+ GGCAN on September 13th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

Thanks for supporting this game with Move.

I already love the game without Move, but think it will definately benefit from being able to use Move now as well.

Keep up the great work.

+ Insomniac1206 on September 13th, 2010 at 8:56 pm said:

I hardly ever comment but I had to login to say this is AWESOME! Can’t wait to get the Move and Hustle Kings this Friday.

+ polo155 on September 13th, 2010 at 10:41 pm said:

ive never seen a more positive blog post comment section, i bought this game when it was released and its hands down a top notch game! keep it coming and i wish it was remote playable too wo! great job guys all around!

+ DDavidian on September 14th, 2010 at 5:52 am said:

I’ll get this game whenever I get a Move.

+ RobWilliams on September 14th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

Just so you’re all aware the update is live now, just been playing in 3D and it’s pretty cool :)

via

+ XenoNative on September 14th, 2010 at 9:58 am said:

nice try but next time have a live demostration. damn near everyone in the video wasnt on cue with the video feed. otherwise, i do already have the game and plan on getting the move day 1 so i look foward to the experience.

+ Kirkpad on September 18th, 2010 at 12:44 am said:

I just tried it today and I have to say GREAT WORK. This is really worth trying out if you haven’t yet.

+ austinite04 on September 19th, 2010 at 12:54 am said:

Hey HK dev’s Your games ONLINE is broken, I have a Move, I don’t know if having a DS3 vs a Move is a server issue, but 2 times tonight the game stopped working the second time, I had to shut off my ps3 while the Music from my HDD was still playing.. The XMB wouldn’t show up though.. PLEASE FIX.. I LOVE HK.