PS3-TLOU Left Behind

DmC: Devil May Cry for PS3 Revealed in New Trailer

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Sep 15, 2010 // Social Media Manager

Sweet, sweet Tokyo: the succulent ramen, the unparalleled electronics district, the red-hot video game rebirths.

Devil May Cry: The New Dante

If you’ve been following our Twitter, you know about Capcom’s biggest Tokyo Game Show announcement. Devil May Cry has been reborn as DmC in a soup-to-nuts re-imagining of the classic PS2 and PS3 action series. The results are undeniably striking, and are bound to trigger debate and discussion among series diehards for months to come. Judge for yourself — take a look at the debut video for DmC below.

In an international twist, British-based Heavenly Sword developer Ninja Theory is co-developing DmC with Capcom’s Japanese and US studios. The game is still shrouded in mystery, with few details relating to the setting (a strange urban environment with City 17 overtones a la Half Life 2), the combat mechanics (Dante’s sword appears to change shape at whim), the demonic enemies (marionette-like creatures not unlike those from the first game), or a release date.

Devil May Cry: DMC GameplayDevil May Cry: DMC Gameplay

That said, DmC brought a rousing round of applause from the crowd when it was unveiled at Capcom’s Tokyo Game Show event alongside Capcom’s other major announcement: Asura’s Wrath for PS3. What do you think?

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ kenny-1995 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

Looks better than the fourth.

+ spideyal on September 15th, 2010 at 11:14 am said:

sTOKED!

+ S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT on September 15th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

Is this a PlayStation 3 exclusive, or will it be a ported game like the previous Devil May Cry?

Thanks for responding :)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2010 at 7:50 pm said:

Not exclusive to PS3

+ Anti-Steven on September 15th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

I’m getting a very punk vibe from this. Looks really good!

+ MLZ911 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

Looks pretty cool. So is this a prequel or a total overhaul of the series?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2010 at 7:49 pm said:

It’s a total rebirth.

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 15th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

Oh my.. look at that mug shot. I have a bad feeling DMC fans are going to freak out over this new Dante! XD

+ Spartancloud on September 15th, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

Looks pretty good, I’m glad to see another Devil May Cry game, however I’m not sure if I prefer the old Dante or the new one better. The new ones not bad just so different.

+ Imphobia on September 15th, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

The game looks neat but the character design is more than questionable…

+ MarinoBrea on September 15th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

I will have to try Enslaved to judge if NT can pull this off… I don’t like what they’ve done with Dante’s look. Not one bit. But the gameplay is king for this series so I’ll have to play it to know. It would suck if they change Dante’s personality, though. Just how much NT is working with this game as opposed to Capcom?

+ Destiny89 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:23 am said:

Amazing to know a new one is coming. a day 1 purchase tho this one look a bit diffrent

+ Destiny89 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:24 am said:

Character design a bit too different than the old games

+ Dice_for_Death_ on September 15th, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

Impressive. I like.

+ remanutd5 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

wheres Heavenly Sword 2? come on , i want to play Heavenly Sword: Nariko’s Resurrection

+ Karsghul on September 15th, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

DMC4 was a huge turn off to the series for me i hope they get it right this time.

+ I3rand0 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

This looks absolutely awful. Is this a bad retcon or something? Why would you outsource anything to Ninja Theory?

+ Crazy_Jackal on September 15th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

Im not very happy where this is going. I better see a better change then this. Devil May 4 was good, could have be better if they fix some problems, but this doesnt make me hype. They just should have finish the story, then start some new crap at least, I wanted to know what happens, but now I guess I can’t. Fighting needs to be better then that, and fyi do you think a place like that can hold dante?

+ Crazy_Jackal on September 15th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

We should do what we did with infamouse and have them change that look.

+ SiloEyes on September 15th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Absolutely horrible.. the REAL Dante would wipe the floor with this cigarette smoking, meth addict punk. And do it while eating pizza and saying something corny. Thanks a lot Capcom/Ninja Theory, my favorite game series ruined when it never needed a “reboot” in the first place.

+ illmatic610 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Team Edward will be pleased with this game >_>

+ remanutd5 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

oh btw the other game : Asura’s wrath looks like God of War meets Dragon Ball lol

+ Crazy_Jackal on September 15th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

One more thing I better hear that trish and lady are coming back.

+ danthe57 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

Anyone know what the song is in the trailer…

+ mywhitenoise on September 15th, 2010 at 11:37 am said:

Pretty lame.

+ letherclad on September 15th, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

I liked the first one but didn’t like 2, 3, or 4 so I’ve pretty much forgotten about this series and moved on. I also don’t like Ninja Theory games so I doubt this is going to bring me back.

+ Boykes on September 15th, 2010 at 11:38 am said:

not feeling dante’s new look

+ Bilouze on September 15th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

NO THANKS

+ xAllanKx on September 15th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

capcom has just killed another franchise like they did with RE. make me wanna cry

+ Crazy_Jackal on September 15th, 2010 at 11:40 am said:

letherclad 3 and 4 really. 3 was off the great, 4was good, but could have been way better, and 2 I give you that.

+ Berae on September 15th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

I dont like it. I mean the character design is horrible and so is the music…

+ KuroiKaos on September 15th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

This is a total butchering of DMC. I hope this project fails…

+ boxmyth on September 15th, 2010 at 11:46 am said:

I was smiling during the trailer. Good sense of style.
This looks great.

+ Fusion_ID on September 15th, 2010 at 11:47 am said:

I loved loved loved Heavenly Sword but what the hell is up with Dante, turning into a emo punk kid? Where is the cool, badass Dante? FAIL

@Berae, yea man, the original, gothic music of DMC gave me chills.

+ TCBFox on September 15th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

I don’t like the new Hair Doo.

+ FetusZero on September 15th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

sooo.. tell us Capcom.. where’s DMC5 in all of this? What would be even better is if you came up and said “hahaha this whole DmC thing was just a joke! Now here’s the trailer for DMC5″.

Otherwise, I died a little inside and DMC appears to be dead to me now. I’m very very far from feeling it.

+ omgitsTsumaru on September 15th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

I don’t really like how they changed his look, i hope they keep his personality the same! they already got yelled at for that one once >_<. iono i'll have to see with the demo

+ TheHedon on September 15th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

@southern comfort

The game is multiplatform.

+ KazeEternal on September 15th, 2010 at 11:55 am said:

While I’ve always felt this serious needed a reboot, I don’t think this is the right direction for Devil May Cry. This really should have been made into an entirely new IP.

+ Adam7257 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

FAIL!!! This is not Devil May Cry and that is not Dante!

+ trapper12 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

Although since this is a reboot of the series, I think that maybe Capcom might have some detail on Dante’s new look along with the new storyline. CAN’T WAIT FOR TGS TOMORROW!!!

+ Rikith on September 15th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

They need to remaster this series for ps3, never did finish the 3rd one. Would rather have a remaster of the originals than a remake with a totally different design on the main character.

+ UNCyrus on September 15th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

Looking forward to this… Really nice trailer

+ HellRecreation on September 15th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

this can not be him no way but still i going to get the game anyways ………LOL

+ oGMo on September 15th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

While I thought the series was flawed—for instance, I thought the game breaking things up into missions hurt the feel and flow of the game—I have never thought what the game needed was to be remade with all the character, style, and gameplay stripped out and replaced with a generic God of War/Prototype knockoff.

+ Thrill_Kill on September 15th, 2010 at 12:08 pm said:

Looks like it’s the first DMC I will not be purchasing. Capcom just slips further and further away from greatness with each and every new title this generation. The new character design looks horrible, is he supposed to be adam lambert from American Idol? Just plain horrible! And whats with this music? This is by far the worst pile of garbage I have heard come from Capcom in my life!

Team Ninja should be hard at work on Heavenly Sword 2, and not working on DMC. Leave that to Capcom to slowly destroy. Good lord this trailer is a nightmare, and the ratings to prove it.

+ Scavengre on September 15th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

UUUUGHHHHH WTF, even though I knew it was DMC I was wondering who the new character was. Piss off Capcom/NT, you should have never done that to Dante. For crying out loud its not like the DMC Universe is fully established or anything. Ya know with the Anime, Action Figures, Games, and Comics. Yeah lets just completely Eff up our own lore with an Emo Metrosexual Dante. I hate it when companies do this crap. You could have at least left the character design alone. At that point many more people would have been interested.

+ EvilEddy16 on September 15th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Nooo! This is bad. I hope is is an experiment made into a dante clone. I will be so disappointed if it is the real dante. And if it is, this game will be worse than dmc4.

+ Frazz on September 15th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

GET EDWARD CULLEN OUT OF MY DMC!!!!

I love the idea of him being younger but Dante was a sarcastic demon slayer this guy looks like hes an angry emo chain smoker.
IMO Virgil was the greatest character in DMC so if he was brought back I could possibly look past the awful character design but he wasn’t even hinted at in the trailer.
Why limit yourself to showing off one character in a series known for having cool characters.I realize this is just the first trailer but man I have never been this disappointed in the current generation.

+ adolson on September 15th, 2010 at 12:17 pm said:

Can’t wait for the Gold Edition with all the DLC and Move support!

+ Trioptical on September 15th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

Emo… such a strange word.

Anyways, I’m looking forward to hearing more about this one. Loved the trailer. It really does seem to have that Capcom touch combined with the Ninja Theory look.

+ ShadowOfEden on September 15th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Personally, I prefer a relaunch of the serie than crap that doesn’t make sense in the current story. Marvel did it a lot and it saved a lot of super heroes from becoming generic without ruining the original.

I really like the style in general, but not Dante’s. What the hell have they done to him? No one likes emo kids, even less playing as one.

PAGE 1 2 3 4