PS4-Watch_Dogs

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection hits PS3 Spring 2011 with 3D

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Sep 15, 2010 // Senior Manager, Social Media

It’s official! At the Tokyo Game Show, Team Ico just announced that their PS2 classics Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are officially heading to the PS3 on one Blu-ray disc. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection for the PS3 will sport full HD compatibility as well as support for 3D and Trophies. Watch the reveal video, straight from the Sony Computer Entertainment keynote at Tokyo Game Show, below.

And check out first screenshots of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection below.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus CollectionIco and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Ico for PS3

Ico for PS3Ico for PS3

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Thrasher20 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:39 pm said:

Day one purchase. I recently started playing Shadow of the Colossus, but now I think I will wait for a better experience!!

+ reson8er on September 15th, 2010 at 11:40 pm said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
!

+ ThoasBrand on September 15th, 2010 at 11:42 pm said:

I cant wait *gets up and paces back and forth*

+ JesseHaysFL on September 15th, 2010 at 11:42 pm said:

also must buy and Ill be picking up a 60″ 3D tv soon. Cant wait. Any chance we get confirmation on Konami remake?

+ The_Apprentice on September 15th, 2010 at 11:42 pm said:

I’ve been told so many times how groundbreaking these games were on PS2. So excited for the remastered versions and the chance to finally play them soon!

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2010 at 11:51 pm said:

Wait til you play SoTC’s first “level.” Just you wait.

+ OfficialGAYMER on September 15th, 2010 at 11:44 pm said:

a freakin mazing.

+ DrakeLake on September 15th, 2010 at 11:46 pm said:

I have a question. Does this mean an improvement in frames per second, too? I mean, there’s a lot more horsepower now, and it’d be nice if Shadow of the Colossus ran nicely. :)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2010 at 11:53 pm said:

Yup, it runs at a locked 30 frames per second, in HD with 3D.

+ StrykerIsland on September 15th, 2010 at 11:46 pm said:

I still own both of the originals, but will gladly re-purchase. 60 fps gameplay?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2010 at 11:52 pm said:

“Solid 30 frames per second” was the quote from the keynote (I’m here right now!). Makes a big different when you see it in action

+ Rayziel on September 15th, 2010 at 11:46 pm said:

+ jrodrigoguerra on September 15th, 2010 at 11:46 pm said:

A dream comes to reality!

+ JesseHaysFL on September 15th, 2010 at 11:48 pm said:

according to a liveblog of Ueda-san over on kotaku remakes run at 30fps locked.

+ JanuaryEmbers19 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:49 pm said:

This alone will literally justify that 3D TV I just bought. This is the best news I could possibly imagine! Thank you for making this real . . .

+ whoTHEdog on September 15th, 2010 at 11:50 pm said:

Thank you Jesus!

+ DrakeLake on September 15th, 2010 at 11:51 pm said:

JesseHayFL, thanks for the heads up. As long as it doesn’t dip, it should be rad.

+ HK_Parshath on September 15th, 2010 at 11:52 pm said:

This is fantaaaaaaaastic. It seems you are having fun giving us the news from Japan and making people smile, Sid. =)

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on September 15th, 2010 at 11:53 pm said:

Just call me Smilin’ Sid! (^__^)

+ BlooodyCow on September 15th, 2010 at 11:53 pm said:

I am literally in tears. THANK YOU SONY…THANK YOU SO MUCH. I am such a HUGE Team ICO fan and for you guys to remake the best 2 games of all time…Well thank you so much.
When can I preorder this collection? THANK YOU SO MUCH…THANK YOU

+ supvic on September 15th, 2010 at 11:54 pm said:

BEST NEWS OF 2010! no wait.. BEST NEWS IN THE HISTORY OF PS3!

SoTC on PS3 was exactly what I always wanted, but 3D too?! YES!!!

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 15th, 2010 at 11:54 pm said:

Spring seems so far away now. This may well be the next disc-based game I purchase from you guys. I’m living off the downloadable games anymore…

+ JesseHaysFL on September 15th, 2010 at 11:55 pm said:

No worries, Sid jumped in and saved the day. Hes the man. Any way I cant wait for this or Last Guardian. 2011 will be a good year. If only Konami would announce something like this….

+ Maguss on September 15th, 2010 at 11:56 pm said:

THANK YOU SONY!!!!!!!!!!! DAY 1!!!!!!!!! And now I have to buy a 3D tv…damn it…

+ ixnine on September 15th, 2010 at 11:57 pm said:

Nice! It’ll give me a chance to play through Ico again in beautiful HD and finally be able to play SotC. Thanks Sony!

+ Gitaroo on September 15th, 2010 at 11:58 pm said:

full 1080p?

+ Redikol on September 15th, 2010 at 11:59 pm said:

AWESOME! Keep’em Coming Sony…Request for Final Fantasy X & Final Fantasy XII bundled..& the Metal Gear Solid series bundled & Ratchet & Clank series & Jak & Daxter..haha..don’t mean to overkill on the requests, but I just love my PlayStation memories getting a good spit-shine!

+ Thegodslayer on September 15th, 2010 at 11:59 pm said:

WOW

+ JumpMan33 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:00 am said:

This makes me wish I had the cash for a 3DTV. O_O
Looks like all those people asking for a Team Ico collection got their wish. =)

+ Smartzke on September 16th, 2010 at 12:00 am said:

And I just bought Ico for PS2 for a bunch of money.

Eff.

+ CSZ02 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:00 am said:

hell yeahhhhhhhhhh!!! Day one! Hopefully the boxart cover isn’t just the two original ps2 covers together side by side. Put effort into it. Make it look epic as the games are. Anyway… yes yes yes! Thank you!!! Now we need some more remastered games! Sony should start talking to some 3rd parties about releasing their own remastered titles, pleaseeeee!!!

+ Ouren on September 16th, 2010 at 12:01 am said:

A new challenger appears!

+ NinjaZeroEight on September 16th, 2010 at 12:01 am said:

I knew that the games were getting HD upgrades for awhile now, but I didn’t know about the 3D part. Awesome news. Tell Team ICO, “Thanks!”

+ Dragun619 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:02 am said:

So Sid, can we expect other posts and details on what Sony announced and showed at TGS?

I’m dying to hear more from the spiritual successor for Demon’s Soul, Project Dark! I was watching the presentation, but Sony blocked the Trailer! WHY! Argh. :/

And since your there, Can you ask Namco Bandai what’s the situation with the Tales games for PS3? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks.

+ ZekeXenu on September 16th, 2010 at 12:04 am said:

At last!

+ Blkant on September 16th, 2010 at 12:04 am said:

God I’m excited for this… I was hoping for so long, and the amazing thing is without the graphics uncompressed on SoC the graphics actually seem to almost look like they could almost pass as a modern game. Never played ICO but I know SoC is definitely work a re-purchase, ICO is just a bonus.

Also, can we expect a post on Project Dark as well?

+ Mucudadada on September 16th, 2010 at 12:04 am said:

Yaaa!!! Time for me to get all emotional again! Only this time – it’s HD Emotional!

+ Fujiwara_Kyo on September 16th, 2010 at 12:07 am said:

I will be getting this as soon as it is released. I’m glad it gives more people a chance to play these games. Can’t wait to play Ico five or six times in a row again.

+ eRic0095 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:08 am said:

Awesome, i’m so down to re-buy these 2 :)

+ TheGuardianFID on September 16th, 2010 at 12:11 am said:

*Hugs his PS3*

It’s official Sony, I want to have your baby, It’ll be tough for me since I’m a straight man, but I’ll try lol, YAY!!! 8P 8)

+ CrimsonFox13 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:12 am said:

Shame it’s not 60 fps, though it should be. People have gotten 60 fps on emulators, plus you’re doing 3D, probably 60 frames total for 3D.

Not a dealbreaker, just a minor disappointment. Day one buy for me.

+ KAPADO on September 16th, 2010 at 12:12 am said:

Ok guess its time to seek my original games then ,my HD precious are coming home

+ Sakimori_X on September 16th, 2010 at 12:13 am said:

Oh my goodness, I am in tears right now. I have so much love for these games and the thought that I might be able to play them again, in widescreen, in HD, with a full surround soundtrack, and in 3D is just overwhelming.

Thank you so so so much, guys!

+ solace357 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:14 am said:

YEAUSSS

+ NoisyNieghbor on September 16th, 2010 at 12:17 am said:

Glorious. Just glorious.

+ El_Hoardo on September 16th, 2010 at 12:18 am said:

Definitely going to get this. Hopefully Sony pursues some third-party collections as well. I’d kill for GTA and Metal Gear Solid in HD.

+ Kirkpad on September 16th, 2010 at 12:20 am said:

I also recently bought ICO for about $20, so I didn’t get too ripped off. Man, this version will probably be so much better though.

+ xcube on September 16th, 2010 at 12:22 am said:

how come my brother isn’t able to post on the blog and I can?

+ TyDogg25 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:23 am said:

Wow Shadow of the Colossus was one of the best games I’ve ever played but couldn’t buy back when it came out, but I will definitely pick this up

+ xcube on September 16th, 2010 at 12:24 am said:

why not have the game run at 60 FPS like the GOW collection instead of adding 3D?

+ lightyear8 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:29 am said:

I’m relatively new to the Playstation universe and these games always come up when talking about the best games for the PS2. I am very stoked about finally playing these games! Thanks Sony!

+ Yoinazek on September 16th, 2010 at 12:31 am said:

THIS! THIS, is what we’ve been waiting for. Finally we are being heard.

+ snake447 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:32 am said:

does this mean they will get trophy support ?

+ Adamalicious on September 16th, 2010 at 12:36 am said:

If the game runs at 30 fps in 3D then it can run at 60 in 2D. Here’s hoping.

PAGE 1 2 3 4