PS4 - Transistor

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection hits PS3 Spring 2011 with 3D

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Sep 15, 2010 // Senior Manager, Social Media

It’s official! At the Tokyo Game Show, Team Ico just announced that their PS2 classics Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are officially heading to the PS3 on one Blu-ray disc. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection for the PS3 will sport full HD compatibility as well as support for 3D and Trophies. Watch the reveal video, straight from the Sony Computer Entertainment keynote at Tokyo Game Show, below.

And check out first screenshots of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection below.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus CollectionIco and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Ico for PS3

Ico for PS3Ico for PS3

+ iMaciPod on September 16th, 2010 at 12:40 am said:

ICO is the best game ever made.

the 3D is already dead for me i m never buy a 3D TV but HD is awesome.

pleas sony don’t make this game move compatible i want to play this game only on dualshock 3 move is ridiculous .

+ inspace2020 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:46 am said:

Sweet! I’ve been waiting for you guys to confirm this. The people ask……and SONY shall deliver! I missed SOTC during my PS2 > PS3 upgrade phase. Definitely picking this up!

+ Go_Buddie_Go on September 16th, 2010 at 12:57 am said:

I never got the chance to play Ico(I know, what a shame). However I did play(Fall in Love) With Shadow of the Colossus. I will most definetly be picking this up DAY ONE.

+ BLEACH-Fan on September 16th, 2010 at 12:59 am said:

Yes YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!! thank you Sony!!!!!! whencan I preorder!!!

+ UltKaizoku on September 16th, 2010 at 1:02 am said:

Awesome, I only played SotC and I’m looking forward to play it again in HD and to finally play ICO

But I have a favor to ask.. Would you guys please make an original cover for this? Now I realize why the GoW collection cover was the way it is, marketing and all, but it didn’t make it any less crap. The thing to realize about the Team Ico collection however, is they won’t sell much to mainstream folks, regardless of Move and 3D support and all.

So please, get us an epic cover like the original SotC cover, or the Euro/Japanese ICO cover.
Or, at least, put an alternative cover on the inside, or make limited edition, I’d pay $99 for that

+ Hooligantuan on September 16th, 2010 at 1:03 am said:

Shadow of the Colossus isn’t even a game – it’s an experience.

+ Francision69 on September 16th, 2010 at 1:10 am said:

ME WANT!!!

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 16th, 2010 at 1:20 am said:

*tears in my eyes*

You have no idea how much I loved ICO when I first played it. I played it straight through for 9 hours and was left speechless. I loved SotC just as much. Oh man. This news… there are no words. I’m SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

THANK YOU TEAM ICO and Fumito Ueda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ ShadOforce on September 16th, 2010 at 1:33 am said:

I’m shedding tears of joy right now. :’)

+ DRaGoN45WoLF on September 16th, 2010 at 1:37 am said:

I Love How They Are Remastering These Classic Games. That Were On The PS2 & Now Are Coming 2 The PS3. Can’t Wait For Sly Cooper Collection & Now This One Too…Hope They Decide To Do The Jax & Daxter Series Too…That Would Be Awesome…Love The God Of War Collection…PS3 Rules…XBOX Sucks…Playstation Fan For Life.

+ that-acmilan-guy on September 16th, 2010 at 1:53 am said:

Native 1080p?

+ AKGermany on September 16th, 2010 at 1:57 am said:

Are Team Ico doing this port themselves, or is it done by another studio like the GoW and Sly collections?

+ Spajdah on September 16th, 2010 at 2:34 am said:

Hehe good for me :D I havent even played those two games :) Now i can experience them in HD :) Was the same with God Of War 1/2 havent played them either :) But played GOW HD Collection ofc :)

+ thedonut on September 16th, 2010 at 2:47 am said:

Is the US remake of Ico going to be like the superior EU version?

+ starBlinky01 on September 16th, 2010 at 2:52 am said:

Ah crap, I will probably buy this next year when there’s a slow game release window. Too many good games coming out very soon.

But I have looked for Ico for a long time.. you can’t find it any where, in fact I looked online for it and apparently its a rare collectors item, it goes for hundreds on eBay.

+ gilgamesh21 on September 16th, 2010 at 3:20 am said:

I can hardly wait to play these on PS3. They were/are so beautiful on PS2.
One question about ICO; will this be the “complete” version of ICO with all the stuff the North American version was unable to get because of time constraints?

+ anticulture on September 16th, 2010 at 3:22 am said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you…

I will be purchasing at least two copies. Possibly three. Of those three, two of them would be sealed away, presumably forever.

Please, for the love of god, create a classy cover for this release. No NA ICO box art, no generic box art like the God of War Collection.

Class it up, Sony.

+ NoLaws on September 16th, 2010 at 3:36 am said:

day 1 purchase!

+ mundox86 on September 16th, 2010 at 3:44 am said:

Well once more I’m glad I never had a ps2, I’ll get to play this in HD now :P GoW collection was nice.

+ Dragonzblaze on September 16th, 2010 at 4:01 am said:

ill finaly get to play these games now in HD awesome cant wait to see wat all the hubub is all about lol

+ barnaclejoe on September 16th, 2010 at 4:05 am said:

with… …3d?! DAMN! I hope I’ll get to experience that one day. Cool idea, Sony!

I own both games, but I’m buying it again, just because sometimes you have to do that for things you love. :P

I know this is a seemingly minor quibble, but could the boxart please be artistic and beautiful? I am sure you were alerted about the Kotaku article condemning the ‘leaked box art’… I know that isn’t confirmed as the box art, but I really hope it isn’t. I’d love something far more beautiful and classy and mature.. something on par with the actual experience of the game. Possible?

<3 Love these games.

+ jedi_webslinger on September 16th, 2010 at 4:13 am said:

cant wait to play. i never tried out these games before.

+ ALHEBSI2008 on September 16th, 2010 at 4:14 am said:

yas yas yas yas yas yas yas yas yaswooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

+ Marston43 on September 16th, 2010 at 4:28 am said:

Day one buy. YEEEESSSSSSSSSS

+ Kaorobean on September 16th, 2010 at 4:31 am said:

Please Sony, do not give this collection such ugly box art as the God of War collection. Probably one of the most hideous box arts you have made yet – looks like a student’s first Photoshop project.

+ Kamiboy on September 16th, 2010 at 4:37 am said:

Well, if anything that God of War collection that I thought I really wanted only reaffirmed my sentiments that all games should be played on their original hardware.

But I will be picking these titles up just so that I can support them one more time.

+ Joe-TFW on September 16th, 2010 at 4:40 am said:

Two games that deserved so much more attention when they were initially released. I hope gamers take notice this time. This is a bundle that should not be passed up under any circumstances.

+ chillindude3 on September 16th, 2010 at 4:49 am said:

YYYEEESSSS!!!!

+ Link01 on September 16th, 2010 at 4:57 am said:

awesome :p, Just want to know the price

+ SirTrigalot on September 16th, 2010 at 5:06 am said:

“Heads to amazon.com to preorder”
Thank you!!!!!

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on September 16th, 2010 at 5:06 am said:

I want the missing colossi in the game.

+ Anddo on September 16th, 2010 at 5:11 am said:

So awesome! These are my two favorite games of all time, and the only reason why I still game today. Even though I still own both games.. ICO/Sotc (and TLG) are easily my most anticipated games.

+ Sindred on September 16th, 2010 at 5:12 am said:

I got a 3D TV, but I can’t handle this in 3D… Wow, that is just going to be,… wow.

+ Artiii on September 16th, 2010 at 5:14 am said:

OMG, finally! (: I was waiting for this! Day one I will buy it!

+ scorpio182 on September 16th, 2010 at 5:18 am said:

THANK YOU!!!!

I’ve been hoping this day would come.

AWESOME!!!

+ xxnike629xx on September 16th, 2010 at 5:18 am said:

I never played either of the games on the PS2, but I might consider buying this as well as that upcoming The Last Guardian game on the PS3.

Also, when are we getting HD Collections for:

Kingdom Hearts
Devil May Cry
Team Clover Studio (Okami, Viewtiful Joe, Viewtiful Joe 2)
Mega Man + Mega Man X
Final Fantasy (PS2 series)

+ atone1382 on September 16th, 2010 at 5:20 am said:

Oh baby.. I cannot wait to get my grubby little mitts on this. I remember the first Colossus I came to on my ps2..hooked up to a rather small standard tv at the time. Now to think about re living that in the glory that is my fairly large hd tv… I’m losing my freaking mind it’s so awesome.

+ Zezzler on September 16th, 2010 at 5:23 am said:

Day one purchase. its just fan-FREEKIN-tastic!

+ reekeecast on September 16th, 2010 at 5:32 am said:

This is going to be awesome! Too bad I’m not buying a 3D TV just yet. :( Too expensive for my budget. :’(

+ RogueNinja_MKA on September 16th, 2010 at 5:40 am said:

OK good Sony, other games that would be awesome to re-release in HD Omimusha collection,Devil May Cry collection,and Final Fantasy X and X-2 collection

+ RogueNinja_MKA on September 16th, 2010 at 5:43 am said:

Onimusha Collection!!!!!!!!!1

+ Rikith on September 16th, 2010 at 5:51 am said:

any chance we could see .hack//G.U. get the HD makeover treatment?

+ utopianacht on September 16th, 2010 at 5:59 am said:

if there is a word…it should be… AWESOME!!! thank you… XD

+ FFObsessed on September 16th, 2010 at 6:15 am said:

omg! Best news ever. Please get Japanese third parties involved, I’d kill for a KINGDOM HEARTS COLLECTION.

*throws money at Sony*

+ Sindred on September 16th, 2010 at 6:17 am said:

To be 100% honest, I would not want SOTC in 60fps. I am definitely glad for the 30fps locked, but 60fps would take away some of that film look and make it way too sharp. It needs a bit of that motionblur look.

+ EmoSaga on September 16th, 2010 at 6:22 am said:

AHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! MUST PRE-ORDER! <3 Day-One-Purchase! Platinum Trophy!!! MUST GET.

+ Berae on September 16th, 2010 at 6:30 am said:

I cant wait for this and the Last guardian!!!

+ Grinchy on September 16th, 2010 at 6:31 am said:

Wow this is so bought. I’ve never gotten farther than the 10th colossus or so before getting frustrated with the performance of SOTC.

+ Sponge-worthy on September 16th, 2010 at 6:40 am said:

Locked 30fps for these titles is the way to go for these particular titles. Can’t wait.

+ Slythex on September 16th, 2010 at 6:47 am said: