PS4 - Destiny

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection hits PS3 Spring 2011 with 3D

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Sep 15, 2010 // Senior Manager, Social Media

It’s official! At the Tokyo Game Show, Team Ico just announced that their PS2 classics Shadow of the Colossus and Ico are officially heading to the PS3 on one Blu-ray disc. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus: The Collection for the PS3 will sport full HD compatibility as well as support for 3D and Trophies. Watch the reveal video, straight from the Sony Computer Entertainment keynote at Tokyo Game Show, below.

And check out first screenshots of Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection below.

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus CollectionIco and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

Ico for PS3

Ico for PS3Ico for PS3

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ D-Squad3 on September 16th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

I can’t wait for this, I never got to play ICO cuz I couldn’t find it. I expect that hard trophies will be coming for both games though. :)

+ wanethemane93 on September 16th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! I think Team Ico is one of the greatest developers ever and their games are just masterpieces. I played Shadow, but never got the chance to play ICO. So thank you for this collection. AND CAN’T WAIT FOR LAST GUARDIAN!!!!!!!!! 2011 IS THE YEAR OF TEAM ICO!!!!!

+ Sucaballuc on September 16th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Which version of ICO are we getting here? The US or EU version? I’d really like to get a chance to see some of the extras that were added to the Euro version (or were they cut from the US version? I don’t recall).

+ phinnv8 on September 16th, 2010 at 5:37 pm said:

Awesome, don’t care about the 3D but this definitely sounds worth buying since it runs in HD with trophies.

+ Kchow23 on September 16th, 2010 at 6:07 pm said:

would’ve preferred 60 fps instead of 3D but wont mind it until I manage to get a 3DTV

+ Gunblader_ on September 16th, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

2 of the greatest games on one disc? Waiter, I’ll take two.

+ midnightshade on September 16th, 2010 at 7:23 pm said:

Hell yeah, I never got ico (couldn’t find the game) and am glad to finally buy this!… DAY 1, now where is our, FF, MGS, Suikoden, Dark Cloud, Persona, GTA, JAk, Silent Hill collections?

(and where is vagrant story and more ps1 jrpgs? japan psn store is loaded we got like 4…what the hell?)

+ cronqvist on September 16th, 2010 at 9:33 pm said:

I really really hope Sony comes up with some special art for the box cover of these two very special games. Pasting both games’ original covers and logos wouldn’t do this release justice.

+ Venom1976 on September 16th, 2010 at 11:05 pm said:

okay so now ratchet and Clank needs this kind of collection……???????

+ Velzorn on September 17th, 2010 at 5:01 am said:

The first time I played Shadow of Colossus I loved it but part of me thought ‘This would be even better if the graphics/frame rate were just a little better.’, now I will be able to experience that! I cannot wait for this! I’m guessing there are but I have to ask, are there going to be trophies for both games?

+ Elvick_ on September 17th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

Thank you.

Now I don’t have to get ripped off on a used purchase of ICO.

+ King_KDawgg on September 17th, 2010 at 5:44 pm said:

SO happy! I played Shadow of the Colossus for my first time about 2 or 3 years ago, and it’s my favorite game ever made. I’ve been unable to find a (reasonably priced) copy of Ico ever since so this collection is GREAT news for me.

I guess that survey after the God of War collection paid off. Thanks for listening to the fans!

+ NeoRaidenX on September 18th, 2010 at 7:47 pm said:

Just when I thought SCEA couldn’t get any lower, they go out and do something like this…

And totally redeem themselves!
Incredible. HD and trophies are awesome. But will it be 60fps like God of War Collection?

+ Un3r-God-ind1 on September 18th, 2010 at 7:48 pm said:

Will it be in 2D also? I don’t have a 3D tv yet and I don’t have plans to get one.

+ bearscoutsc45 on September 19th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

Did You all hear me Scream The other morning when I read this ? Did anyone see me dancing in the Street in my jammy jams? LOL.
There’s another window here to make ” A MOVIE” .the eerie voice in SOTC says ” MAK A MOVIE ” !!
I,m getting my PS2 back out just to play these games . SOTC. Was my deciding factor to buy my PS2. I dropped the controller in fear when I saw the first colossi. I would have a bad day , then put the game in and just ride around the lands. I cheered when I finally reached the secret garden . Um…. WooHoo !

+ Mcgnnis on September 19th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

Finally. Two of the greatest games ever in one awesome package.

+ murcity11207 on September 19th, 2010 at 9:59 am said:

O MAN can’t wait now but will this be available for people who don’t have 3D tv’s? hope there is. this is a dream come true

+ Icestar10 on September 19th, 2010 at 10:07 pm said:

Thank you for making this! :) I can’t wait to get this. This will all be in widescreen, right?

Also, I hope to see more remastered collections like Jak and Daxter, Kingdom hearts, Ratchet and Clank, etc.

Keep up the good work, guys! :D

+ xeno3d on September 20th, 2010 at 7:15 am said:

I never got to play these titles but I hear they are a MUST. I’m glad I’ll have the opportunity now.

+ gamerholic on September 20th, 2010 at 9:07 pm said:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! I LOVE YOU SONY!!

+ murcity11207 on September 21st, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

hey Sid? Is there going to be a difference between how the game runs on the graphics like camera angles how the character looks or its just a remastered version of the game? thanks Sid

+ X_Chimer0s_X on October 3rd, 2010 at 4:21 pm said:

This is going to be legendary. Is there any word about whether or not Ico will have all the features the European version had? i.e. two player mode/alternate ending and whatnot. It would rule if it had all the features instead of being the stripped US version. It will rule either way but it could rule so much more.

+ Charles379 on October 11th, 2010 at 8:20 pm said:

Might as well put it on the Greatest Hits list now and safe the repackaging fees later.

+ Charles379 on October 11th, 2010 at 8:20 pm said: