Farpoint

Sep 15

Sep 15

Kevin Butler: “There’s a New Pet in Town”

Peter Dille's Avatar Posted by Senior Vice President, Marketing & PlayStation Network

PlayStation Nation,

Last week we kicked off the new advertising campaign for PlayStation Move with Kevin Butler moving in with the Maguire family to demonstrate how PlayStation Move has something for every gamer in the household. I hope you’ve been able to catch the commercials on some of the season opening NFL games and college football games, as well as on tons of other premium programming.

Our next installment is aimed at the younger members of the family (the Maguire’s as well as yours). EyePet is being hailed by IGN as the “most exciting Move game” thanks to its introduction of augmented reality. Seeing yourself in the game interacting with your EyePet is a cool experience no matter what your age. And as Kevin Butler shows in this commercial, all of this obviously spells trouble for man’s best friend.

Because it’s aimed at kids and parents, this spot will be running across different channels than some of our previous ads. For those that missed its debut on Nickelodeon, you can also look out for it on networks like Nick Toons, Discovery, and Animal Planet.

You only have a few more days to wait until you can pick up your own PlayStation Move. We’ve been thrilled with the reaction and the early reviews. A recent review on WIRED stated that with PlayStation Move “your whole living room might become a videogame” and it’s games like EyePet that bring that vision to life.

We hope you enjoy it!

Peter

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Darkpen said:

September 15th, 6:23 pm

…Where’s the usual Jack Tretton photo? I didn’t see one :<

Dice_for_Death_ said:

September 15th, 6:24 pm

Amusing. Might give that Move a shot.

ShadowOfEden said:

September 15th, 6:41 pm

I love Butler, but sorry, I’ll always prefer my dog over some happy monkey.

MLZ911 said:

September 15th, 6:42 pm

KB can do no wrong. I want him as a playable character in a future Sony game please!

Gump_ said:

September 15th, 6:58 pm

Hey Pete..Move is great and all but what about something that most PSN gamers..maybe something like CROSS GAME CHAT!

MadMeat001 said:

September 15th, 7:10 pm

Na na on cha making a game for the 360? wait what? no parappa 3? Treasure and Microsoft? come on microsoft is reading the blog share. :( hey Rising on microsoft tgs? that’s not cool i taugh the ps3 was the platform that would come to mind when naming any current gen Metal gear

BlaqueEssence said:

September 15th, 7:11 pm

I am so surprised at how everyone seems to not realize that you can but Eyepet BY ITSELF without the move or came bundled with it. Yes, you can buy the game BY ITSELF for $39.00 if you already have the cam. All you need is the move controller.

*shakes my head im disbelief.* Sigh*….—-______—-*

MadMeat001 said:

September 15th, 7:13 pm

COME ON WHY IS IT MICROSOFT THAT GET TO PICK THE BEST DEVELOPER aVAiBLE ThEN FUK THEM?

krae_man said:

September 15th, 7:13 pm

So you delayed the game a year to replace the card with Move?

Is there even one thing new added to the move required version?

MadMeat001 said:

September 15th, 7:15 pm

suda making a kinect game? move is trown down way later.
hey thanks ps for the ps1 castlevania on ps store!

MadmanV10 said:

September 15th, 7:15 pm

Somehow how Kevin Butler can make the lamest of lame things, like virtual pet(z) seem hilarious. The day we lost Butler is the day Playstation dies.

Thrasher20 said:

September 15th, 7:21 pm

Yessssssss

footballrule said:

September 15th, 8:03 pm

Kevin Butler can do better! Short, but sweet I suppose. Keep up with the KB ads!

judalation said:

September 15th, 8:19 pm

Yea this is cute but just for KIDS!!! no grown man would play this …. Why not promote a game like KUNG FU LIVE that appeals to young and old… hardcore gamers and casuals??? You guys better but Air Guitar Company before Micro$OFT does!!!

Hooligantuan said:

September 15th, 8:22 pm

Set Kevin Butler loose on MAG with the Move.

KazeEternal said:

September 15th, 9:08 pm

Dude my puppies were so not pleased by your declaration of war Mr Butler.

No seriously, when I call them both I use the word puppies. So they both came running into the room with that confused look on their faces like “What did you need oh best friend of ours”.

MadMeat001 said:

September 15th, 10:03 pm

i taugh that was hilarious, and they are AWESOME! >8(

spethal0 said:

September 15th, 10:55 pm

Everyone is complaining about what is coming out this holiday season. Why can’t they pull their heads out of their arses and look at what else is coming to MOVE like KILLZONE 3, Mag is going to have an update and so is Heavy Rain. The one thing that would make MOVE even better is if gearbox would make borderlands MOVE compatible :p

Kchow23 said:

September 15th, 11:21 pm

awesome advertisement

DTS_MAN said:

September 16th, 5:27 am

Super!

scorpio182 said:

September 16th, 5:30 am

Cool, was hearing mixed reviews from this but didnt read ign’s review.

It’s a must buy for my the kids anyways.

black26ss said:

September 16th, 9:11 am

thats sound fun got to get it!!!!

drepsx3 said:

September 16th, 12:06 pm

What about the PSP Version?

estoc1 said:

September 17th, 1:13 am

Kevin Butler sucks, end of story.

FormerPSfan said:

September 17th, 10:21 am

We want decent games before we shell out hard earned cash. This is not it. Its a second rate impersonation of your competitor.

BTW, nobody in sce ever did answer this but how does move do 3D motion tracking with no stereostopic camera?

StarwindAmada said:

September 17th, 6:32 pm

Hahaha, I love Kevin.

I just picked up Move and I’m loving it so far. So much better than the Wii. I got EyePet and Sports Champions. So much fun. Greg Miller of IGN says Sports Champions’ visuals are bland compared to Wii Sports Resort and I agree with that, but I actually prefer realism to cartoon style in these types of games. Plus, the tech is more advanced in Move, achieving true 1:1 motion. You can move wherever you want. No pivot points, no “snap-to” animations; everything is smooth and realistic, just like real life. The first true Wii competitor has arrived. Watch out, Nintendo. Let’s hope Kinect is just as good (I also have a 360).

PAGE 1 2