PS4-The Order

Six Reasons to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta!

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Sep 15, 2010 // Product Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! Have you pre-ordered your copy of God of War: Ghost of Sparta yet? What about the limited Black and Red Two-Toned PSP Entertainment Pack? Need a little more convincing?

Starting this week, we are introducing a ‘Six Reasons to pre-order God of War: Ghost of Sparta’ segment through the PlayStation.Blog, where we give our Spartan Army members an in-depth look at each of the exclusive pre-order items from the ultimate bundle. Each update will include a behind-the-scenes look at the process of development for the selected item, and also audio / video visuals for reference. Want a see what the PS3 Dynamic Theme is all about? Highlights from God of War Live? You wouldn’t want to miss this!

GOWgos_ad_layout-v9

In no particular order, here’s the six pre-order exclusive items that will be featured only through the PlayStation.Blog:

1. Kratos PSN Avatar
  2. Original Soundtrack
  3. Legionnaire Skin
  4. PSP Theme
  5. God of War Live (Creative Directors Documentary)
  6. PS3 Dynamic Theme

Leading the charge this week is the exclusive Kratos PSN Avatar!

Kratos PSN Network Avatar Cecil

Name of the artwork, as originally created by the Santa Monica Development Studio – “Gods will pray for mercy”. (Nuff said!)

Exclusive to the pre-order, the Kratos PSN Avatar was created by none other than, Cecil Kim – Visual Development Lead for the God of War franchise. The same Kratos artwork is featured on the home page of Cecil’s site.

What makes this pre-order item even more special is that this will be the only opportunity the Kratos PSN Avatar will ever be made available. Get it while you can as we don’t plan to offer this item outside of the pre-order.

Be sure to check back with the PlayStation.Blog next week for information on the remaining pre-order exclusives!

Every End Must First Begin

PAGE 1 2

+ foolmo on September 15th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

Wow, I’m most definitely getting this, if only for the Directors’ Commentary. I really really loved that whole production documentary you guys included in God of War 2, and I wish more devs would do documentaries like that, so I will totally support it.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on September 15th, 2010 at 11:39 am said:

Absolutely! It was a lot of fun for us as well. We’ll have clips and highlights of God of War Live very shortly. Stay tuned

+ letherclad on September 15th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

CAN’T WAIT!! The demo is amazing!

+ jedi_webslinger on September 15th, 2010 at 11:54 am said:

Thanks for looking it for us GOW canadian fans… I really appreciate your effort. I really want this as a GOW fanatic :-)

+ Cat_Corye on September 15th, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

Love God Of War, but I’m only preorder the GOW PSP Bundle for the PSP.

+ BalramRules on September 15th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

im so understandin da avatar & dynamic theme bonuses, wada bout any ps home content?

+ Bu_SHaFi on September 15th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

+ Azured_Scorpio on September 15th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

Umm… where are the answers!!?

+ angelspawn77 on September 15th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

Hey Ken, I have a question thats been on my mind for awhile. I have seen a few unboxing videos for past psp bundles and Ive seen that those bundles dont come with the game in an actual case, they come in a cardboard slip. So my question is, Will GOW GoS psp bundle come with the game in the actual case or will it be another one of those cardboard slip deals?

I plan on buying it, but am having second thoughts because I really like having my cases proudly on my shelf and I think the GOW GoS case is really awesome and I would hate to not have it. I was thinking that maybe its because the other games were Japanese and since GOW is american made, us at home should get the actual case like japan does with their bundles.

+ MrsKrasinski on September 15th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

Well there’s people saying it is available for Canadians. I just want to know from the source, and Playstation.ca lacks that info.. Because I will wait till it’s in store to get it, rather than pay out my ass and then pay for shipping.

+ BLEACH-Fan on September 15th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

What about us UK GOW Fans I love this franchise with a passion lol youve alreday got me sold but will we get any of this wicked DLC!! I have been asking the blog for a Kratos avatar for some time now and that one looks sick not to mention the extras please tell me that the UK will get it!

+ kratos1984 on September 15th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

can’t wait! quick question, i’m not planning on buying a psp til the end of the year, can i purchase gow: ghost of sparta on nov. 2 and not download it until i buy my psp? will i still get the pre-order bonuses?

+ digitalman123 on September 15th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

Great! Though I suppose any plans for a GOW 4 are gone though. :(

+ dsluckay on September 15th, 2010 at 5:10 pm said:

Ah, Sweet!
Pre-order this! :)
So, can,t wait for this to come out!
One of my Fav. games of all time!
Great value!
Great game to play on the PSP! :)

+ PhillyTheCat on September 15th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

@kratos1984~ the UMD copy will have a download voucher inside the case. the voucher will mkost likely have an expiration date, perhaps after the new year hits. not exactly sure about the digital copy rules.

+ PhillyTheCat on September 15th, 2010 at 5:32 pm said:

scratch “mkost”… *most*

+ Xoombie503 on September 15th, 2010 at 6:00 pm said:

i was a little worried as i own both psp go and slim 2001,i would love a umd copy but i hate carrying around umds so ill just go digital now that well get the same goodies…thanks a lot

+ King89x on September 15th, 2010 at 6:28 pm said:

i realy hope i can get the pre-order bonus when i get it of the psn cuz i live in canada

+ AAAChampions on September 15th, 2010 at 6:41 pm said:

for pre ordering through the playstation store, will buyers just have to snag it within a certain time after release or will there be an actual pre order period prior to the release of the game?

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on September 16th, 2010 at 12:56 am said:

Simply purchase through the PS Store from 11/2 to 11/9, and you’ll be offered the same DLC bundle

+ Rene2007 on September 15th, 2010 at 8:00 pm said:

Aight just to be sure and also to clear things up………..if ur buying the digital copy of GHOST OF SPARTA from the PSN than there is NO need to PRE-ORDER ANYWHERE…………right?

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on September 16th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Yup! That is correct

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on September 16th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

If you’re buying it through the PS Store, you won’t need to pre-order

+ Perkons on September 16th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

Sony wants me to pre-order Ghost of Sparta?!
Why? Why the **** should I do it if there’s no DLC love for Europe, huh?

+ lofiweapwn on September 16th, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

FIX FTB3 SERVERS
FIX FTB3 SERVER BOOT HACK
START CARING ABOUT YOUR PSP CUSTOMERS SONY
MULTIPLAYER ON PSN ISN’T INVINCIBLE
DO SOMETHING

+ VanilaGorila-x- on September 16th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

Already pre-ordered. The Demo was fantastic.

Peace,
VG

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on September 16th, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

You could give me 60 reasons but that won’t change anything, no Canadian store lists a pre-order deal.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on September 16th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

It also doesn’t help that 2 of the 4 online stores I order games from have this priced at $50 and one of the other 2 (Gamestop) doesn’t even list the game.

+ ruleterren on September 16th, 2010 at 6:34 pm said:

Man so surprised how no one reads at all. Basically every comment is “Can PSPgo owners get in this to?” If you read then you and many others wouldn’t need to ask that.

Jeez no unique comments since there all stupid questions.

+ Enigma777 on September 17th, 2010 at 12:02 am said:

Day one!!!

Anyways, I don’t care what you have to do and who you have to “terminate”, but get BBS on the PSN!

+ darkwolfstorm2 on September 17th, 2010 at 5:09 pm said:

can somebody please give me the demo code for god of war ghost of sparta

+ MrsKrasinski on September 21st, 2010 at 5:44 pm said:

Harsh. There’s no pre order for Canadians?

+ lightyear8 on September 23rd, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

I don’t own a PSP nor am I fan of the God of War series, but this is a fantastic offer! I hope that Sony continues to offer these sort of pre-order bundles in the future!

PAGE 1 2