LittleBigPlanet 3

The Last Guardian Coming to PS3 Holiday 2011, Watch the New Trailer

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Sep 15, 2010 // Senior Manager, Social Media

A busy day for Team Ico at Tokyo Game Show! In addition to confirming Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3, Team Ico also showed off a brand-new trailer for The Last Guardian depicting a variety of real-time gameplay footage.

Also, we’ve uploaded new screens of The Last Guardian; click on them to see more.

The Last Guardian

The Last GuardianThe Last Guardian

97 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Thrasher20 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:37 pm said:

That’s a hell of a wait! Thanks for the info Sid ^_^

+ JesseHaysFL on September 15th, 2010 at 11:41 pm said:

Cant wait must buy.

+ Ar4chNova89 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:44 pm said:

I might as well pre-order it now. I know this isn’t going to leave my radar anytime soon.

+ IGLOO05 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:45 pm said:

Awesome!!!

+ ThoasBrand on September 15th, 2010 at 11:45 pm said:

Pre Order fo sho!

+ BlooodyCow on September 15th, 2010 at 11:45 pm said:

HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH HELL YEAH

OMG, YES YES YES YES YES YES…Finally something on this game. Love the Trailer but sadden by the fact that we have to wait until 2011 to play this MASTERPIECE

+ StrykerIsland on September 15th, 2010 at 11:48 pm said:

Sold. Day one and all that jazz.

+ HK_Parshath on September 15th, 2010 at 11:50 pm said:

Oh, my God, Sid. That is awesome. Now I’m more curious than ever.

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 15th, 2010 at 11:51 pm said:

If my PS3 still works at the end of 2011 I might pick this up.

+ JanuaryEmbers19 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:53 pm said:

Way too long to wait but it’ll be worth it. I’ve had this pre-ordered at my local GameStop for months already.

+ S-M-12 on September 15th, 2010 at 11:54 pm said:

awsomeistic

+ pilotsleep on September 15th, 2010 at 11:54 pm said:

This trailer didn’t ball me up in tears like the last one! But im still effin excited to see a new trailer!! wooo 2011 is gonna be a good year! Ico & SoTC & The Last Guardian!!

+ ixnine on September 15th, 2010 at 11:56 pm said:

Wow! I can’t wait. This game is going to be beautiful and epic.

+ Fujiwara_Kyo on September 16th, 2010 at 12:04 am said:

Thanks for the high quality video so soon after the conference. Looks great so far and I imagine can only get better with the year that the team has to work on it.

+ eRic0095 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:05 am said:

Whats the word im lookin for…? PHENOMENAL!!!

+ Kchow23 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:06 am said:

awesome!!!

+ Blkant on September 16th, 2010 at 12:07 am said:

Little upset that it doesn’t look as dark or as full of action as SoC was… Not really fond of playing as a monk like kid either…

But SoC was by far one of the best games I have ever played, and the artwork is just stunning. As such, this is still without a doubt a day one buy, as with so many other games, I can tell this is just one of those games you have to play to appreciate. It really can’t come soon enough :)

+ KAPADO on September 16th, 2010 at 12:10 am said:

Awww chicken kitty game ,I love you,why must I wait until holiday 2011 to buy you.
Bad…bad Sony.*hand smack

+ NinjaZeroEight on September 16th, 2010 at 12:11 am said:

Limited. Collectors. Edition.

+ SoAmped on September 16th, 2010 at 12:12 am said:

Can’t wait! can’t wait! close eyes is it holiday time of 2011 yet!

+ lightyear8 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:23 am said:

I noticed that it said “Family Games” in the “It only does…” part at the end. Is this game intended as a family game? That would be amazing! I love playing games with my daughter, but so many out there are inappropriate for kids. Do you happen to know the approximate age range that this game is suitable for?

Thanks!

+ Kirkpad on September 16th, 2010 at 12:25 am said:

Man, this game looks really impressive. Like… really really impressive.

+ TheGuardianFID on September 16th, 2010 at 12:27 am said:

Beautiful, just Beautiful!!! 8)

+ CrimsonFox13 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:28 am said:

The game looks beautiful. The lighting, textures, character details, and animation…

My most anticipated game right here.

+ Sorrows_Neptune on September 16th, 2010 at 12:41 am said:

You guys do know that Q4 2011 is the Japanese release date…right? I really hope it doesn’t take them too long to localize it for PAL regions.

@lightyear8: The game might involve Trico killing the soldiers and such, the Japanese title is “Trico, the man-eating eagle” after all, and it’ll most likely incorporate some dark themes to it. This game is probably going to rated T in my opinion. But of course it is possible it won’t involve any killing, none of the trailers actually show Trico killing (all he does to that one soldier in the E3 trailer is shove him aside after all), so you never know. It just might be family-friendly.

+ valleyshrew on September 16th, 2010 at 12:48 am said:

The map design looks lifted from ico, surely with a huge beast there will be some open world depth like sotc and not linear small ugly repetitive ruins again. I loved sotc and ico but they felt more like tech demos or low budget productions (like portal), with only a few characters and no voice acting and only a few plot points. Was hoping with this would be the full game experience (as portal 2 will be) with more depth and characters and story and perhaps civilization of some kind.

+ JumpMan33 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:53 am said:

Next year is gonna be an awesome year for PlayStation.
Better start saving up now.

+ inspace2020 on September 16th, 2010 at 12:55 am said:

First I wanna say amazing job to the TEAM ICO folks! WOW….the game looks beautiful and whoever did the score for that promo piece NAILED it! The direction they took the emotion of the game was brilliant in my opinion. I wish this was a movie…but better yet, its going to be a game!

Also, on a larger note, I can’t believe this far into the life cycle of the PS3 we’re still seeing improvements visually through talented developers like TEAM ICO. Incredible work. This just being my most anticipated game.

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 16th, 2010 at 1:30 am said:

Ohhhhhhhhhh such a long wait but I just know it will be worth it!!! Can’t wait CANNOT WAIT!!!

+ xcube on September 16th, 2010 at 2:18 am said:

2011 can’t come sooner

+ GeeLW2 on September 16th, 2010 at 2:32 am said:

Tha-rilled beyond belief. I have both games since they came out and can’t wait to dive in all over again in HD.

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on September 16th, 2010 at 2:46 am said:

I fear…

this game might make me cry light a little girl!
I am moved just by the trailer

+ gilgamesh21 on September 16th, 2010 at 3:10 am said:

Looks really good! I can hardly wait! Team ICO HD Collection will have to fill the void while I wait! : )

+ Ryusennin on September 16th, 2010 at 3:46 am said:

Wait… Six years of development for a family game?

Someone wakes me from this nightmare…!

+ judalation on September 16th, 2010 at 4:05 am said:

nice great TGS and as i call it…. this is a royal sweep of all the gameshows for PS3 cause we all know this is game of show… and by the way sony….where will you be keeping the 2011 game of the year trophy?

+ barnaclejoe on September 16th, 2010 at 4:11 am said:

Wow, that’s a long time away. But, at the same time.. I can’t wait!

I wish they hadn’t even announced it yet, considering how far away it is.

Argh.

It looks like fun to me though.. I really can’t wait. I hope all that time and energy they’ve invested in this game will pay off.

+ Link01 on September 16th, 2010 at 5:00 am said:

Soooo… far away :(

+ remanutd5 on September 16th, 2010 at 5:12 am said:

my most anticipated Playstation title this entire generation !!!! cant wait to play this Masterpiece !!!!!

+ Anddo on September 16th, 2010 at 5:22 am said:

Easily my most anticipated game of 2011 (of this gen). The wait begins :(

+ scorpio182 on September 16th, 2010 at 5:27 am said:

I love games that offer new experiences and this looks like one of them. Day one buy for me.!!!!

+ Zezzler on September 16th, 2010 at 5:28 am said:

looks fantastic, just pure fantastic. like nothing i have ever seen, and i cannot WAIT! i want MORE. thanks for the video, and date though!

+ Callahan09 on September 16th, 2010 at 5:54 am said:

Best game ever. Calling it now.

+ utopianacht on September 16th, 2010 at 6:00 am said:

holidays… oh!! holidays… this year waiting for lbp2 and gt5… next year last guardian :P

+ deadahead on September 16th, 2010 at 6:01 am said:

This and Shadow of the Colossus in 3D, I can’t wait!!!

+ madeup6 on September 16th, 2010 at 6:24 am said:

Does this seriously look this good?!

+ Berae on September 16th, 2010 at 6:35 am said:

This is my most anticipated game with infamous 2 next year!

+ Ma1nframe on September 16th, 2010 at 6:38 am said:

OMG I just c$#@ a little. WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW I CANNOT WAIT TO EXPERIENCE THIS MASTERPIECE!

AMAZING

I feel so bad for the Xbot’s LOL…oh, but they have HALO….pffft..LMFAO HAAHAA

+ io-knight on September 16th, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

That has to be the best, most realistic looking creature animation I’ve ever seen. Which is kind of bizarre, considering it’s a fantasy creature! Incredible, awesome, even the trailers give me goosebumps… I can’t wait for the finished product!

+ SirDaedalus on September 16th, 2010 at 7:05 am said:

OMG! Finally!!!

Sooo looking forward to it!

+ Spacerac on September 16th, 2010 at 7:05 am said:

@45 Well Halo, Left 4 Dead, and Gears of War-but the 360 only does shooters. PlayStation 3? It only does everything.

PAGE 1 2