PS4-The Order

101-in-1 Megamix Hits PSN Today!

Alex Bravve's Avatar + Posted by Alex Bravve on Sep 20, 2010 // Managing Director, Nordcurrent

Hello everyone! It’s Alex Bravve from Nordcurrent here. Today, I’m going to talk about our upcoming PSP game, available on PSN only – 101-in-1 Megamix. It will be released on September 20 in North America and on September 22 in Europe.

As many of you have already guessed, 101-in-1 Megamix is a collection of 101 mini-games in different genres, ranging from arcade and puzzles, to space racing and cooking.

101-in-1 Megamix PSP

The game is structured as a series of humorous TV shows about underwater world, music, cooking, etc. So there is an unprecedented variety in visuals and game worlds. This is one of the few games that can take you from the Wild West to the space and from Paradise Islands to the fancy restaurants.

101-in-1 Megamix PSP (2)

Some of the games are based on well-known classics, and it will be easy to get an idea of where the inspiration came from.

101-in-1 Megamix PSP (5)

However most of the games are completely original. We had lots of ideas about fun gameplay and fun visuals that wouldn’t work as standalone projects, but would be really fun as a wacky mini-game. Here we were able to choose the best ones and finally do them. Hope you will enjoy them.

101-in-1 Megamix PSP (1)

There are several game modes in 101-in-1 Megamix. The most important is TV Guide Mode – this is where you progress further into the game, unlock new games (only 15 of them are unlocked in the very beginning), get bonuses, etc.

101-in-1 Megamix PSP (3)

More than a dozen of games have an ad-hoc multiplayer. So you can grab your family or a friend, and enjoy this mayhem together. There are two multiplayer modes in 101-in-1 Megamix – an ordinary Multiplayer mode, and a Marathon mode. In Marathon mode, you are given a list of five randomly assigned games, you have to complete all five of them, and the one who’s earned more points in all five is the winner.

101-in-1 Megamix PSP (6)

101-in-1 Megamix is suitable for all ages, and it will be as fun to play for your children or parents, as it is for you. And did I say about the value for money?:) If you divide $14.99 by 101, it turns out that you pay less than 15 cents for a game. I don’t think any other game can beat us on PSP. :)

101-in-1 Megamix PSP (4)

Thanks for reading this and hope you will enjoy this game! For more information on our games you can visit our studio website or our Facebook page.

+ Neil on September 20th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

First impression was “Is this for the Playstation Move?”

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:43 am said:

This is for PSP!

+ Arcadian_Rebel on September 20th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

Looks like garbage.

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:44 am said:

It looks good on PSP, really!:)

+ ProjectInfiniti on September 20th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

Same thought as #1

BTW, how come we get these new posts about games we’ve never heard of releasing the same day of a store update? Some of us plan on what to spend days before.

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:44 am said:

It’s not for Move, it’s for PSP.:)

+ ProjectInfiniti on September 20th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

#2 Make a game better than this and get it put on PSN then, troll.

+ mao2107 on September 20th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

emm thx but no thx

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:46 am said:

You should give it a try. I’m sure you’ll find something interesting for yourself!:)

+ Mosh_Pit on September 20th, 2010 at 2:25 pm said:

Mario party without the board.

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:47 am said:

Sort of like it, yes. But set in broader range of environments.

+ ediddy999 on September 20th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

I’ll try anything 101-in-1nce! Amirite??? Who’s with me? Up Top, hey ohhhhh!

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:48 am said:

Absolutely!:)

+ oly1kenobi on September 20th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

my first thought was what he first said Today, I’m going to talk about our upcoming PSP game, available on PSN only – 101-in-1 Megamix

PSP game

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:49 am said:

Sorry about it :) But the fact is that it is indeed available on PSN today.:)

+ PhillyTheCat on September 20th, 2010 at 2:30 pm said:

now that right there is a bargain!

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:50 am said:

Absolutely!!!

+ Ejsponge61 on September 20th, 2010 at 2:38 pm said:

It looks like something I could get into. But I think I’ll wait until it goes down to $10. I’m just too broke right now.

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:50 am said:

Thank you Ejsponge61! But mind you – it might take a while :)

+ teb_60 on September 20th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

This looks really fun, I’m glad they and shelling out games like this for the PSP for those who aren’t reading the blog like u suppose to do before commenting…. Keep bringing out little games like this and I know I’ll have to keep my PSP, thanx for the Update Alex B., though you could have shared the price with us before we go get our pockets slashed…. lol

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:52 am said:

Thank you teb_60! It is really fun indeed!

+ VincentVendetta on September 20th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

It’s like Action 52, but twice as bad! …Wait.

+ teb_60 on September 20th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

oh my bad I skip some it does say 15.99; UNBELIEVABLE. Not my pockets sorry…. :(

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:53 am said:

It is not that much for a full-price PSP game. You should give it a try!

+ Bcrichmark on September 20th, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

I’d buy that for a dollar! OH they want 15 well never mind then ill pass. Whats with the price hike in games lately most new psn download games use to cost 10 bucks but ever since rachet quest for booty came out alot of others think 15 bucks is ok. In my opinion the rachet game was a more refined, with retail quality to it and deserves the 15 buck price tag. alot of the 15 dollar games on psn now need to be no more than 10 bucks. You Would Think with a poor Economy and lots of Competition with micro game makers out there that you would want to keep yours more attractive by keeping it cheaper.

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:54 am said:

If it was sold at retail, it would cost $29.99, but since it is sold on PSN, we are offering it at $14.99, which I believe is a good deal.

+ vernSL on September 20th, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

Looks like it could be fun. $15 isn’t a lot for a game, especially one with what seems like a lot of content. I’ll probably wait for a review first, but it looks like it might be pretty fun. Mini games are great for portable systems. We need some videos of it in action though!

+ The1stMJC on September 20th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

This $15 trend is scaring me and forcing me to wait for the eventual price drop/sale.

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:55 am said:

With 101 games, it’s a good value for money, honestly!

+ ResoundingFate on September 20th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

I am buy Deathspank, Sonic, Blade Kitten and the RDR DLC without hesitation nor worrying about how much they cost. Good games are good games, regardless of the price.

If you are having to calculate if its worth the purchase down to the penny, you should not be playing games…but rather talking to a financial advisor…or working another job. LOL!

+ EdMoney on September 20th, 2010 at 3:59 pm said:

“If you divide $14.99 by 101, it turns out that you pay less than 15 cents for a game. I don’t think any other game can beat us on PSP. :)”

I guess they forgot about Work Time Fun having a whole lot of games, plus downloadable addons.

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:56 am said:

Work Time Fun is a great game, but we are offering more mini-games.:)

+ Xoombie503 on September 20th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

thank god its not for ps3..this is the kind of mini games id like to take on the go

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:56 am said:

Thank you Xoombie503! This game is perfectly suited for PSP!

+ gillettjoe on September 20th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

@17 “I love all these little kids or losers working minimum wage jobs who keep complaining about the price of games. Like 14.99 is a lot of money to spend. LOL!”

Hey man, $15 is a lot of money to me and I am a relativity high earner. I got a wife and two kids to take care of… just because you have no damned overhead in your life doesn’t mean you can trot around on your high horse and belittle everyone else.

Funny thing is, I laugh at people like you who have nothing else of value to spend your hard earned money on. The rest of us calculate where best to spend our money (AFTER mortgage, car payments and living costs) and not squander it on anything waved under our noses.

Pfft, you probably live with mummy and daddy still and don’t even know what the real value of money is yet.

+ ResoundingFate on September 20th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

@ #20

Wrong. I don’t have car payments because I paid off both of mine. I live in an apartment and have living costs just as you do. I don’t have a nagging wife or bratty kids…so that puts me up above you.

However 14.99 is still NOT A lot of money. I pay that usually for lunch on a monday to friday daily basis. I really am tired of all these whiners complaining about the cost of games. You guys want handouts like a bunch of bums.

+ jgrizzle358 on September 20th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

@17 & @20

seriously? you’ve got nothing better to do than start a flame war over something as stupid as a game price? this ain’t 4chan.

+ Thrasher20 on September 20th, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

Nice

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

Thank you!

+ triple_lei on September 20th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

Sold! (eventually)

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:58 am said:

Thanks!

+ ldkash on September 20th, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

CoOl

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:58 am said:

+ TripG on September 20th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

Interesting concept – Mario Party comes to the PSP. The only problem, or concern, I have is the locked games – that drives me batty. In this case, there are 101 mini games but only 15 are available at the start! I utterly hate that. This is the type of game that I want to just pick up and go for the odd 10 or 15 minute breaks I may have during the course of the day. I dont want to have to sit down and objectively work for hours unlocking things. Just unlock everything at once and let me play what I want to play.

PS – Screenshots are lovely, but lets show a video of actual game play so that we can see how this really looks on the PSP.

+ gillettjoe on September 20th, 2010 at 6:17 pm said:

Hey, I’m not starting a ‘flame war’.. I just can’t let pretentious comments like that slide. I don’t care how much he pays for his lunch… the PS community come from various income levels and shouldn’t be called “little kids or losers” just because they decide something is to expensive for them.

I’m happy for you if you think $15 is nothing, if you really can just buy whatever you like regardless of the price then good for you. You are part of the problem, if people you continue to pay $15 for PSN games then they will needlessly stay at $15.

+ Midgetguy on September 20th, 2010 at 6:25 pm said:

I love mini-game collections on the PSP! Work Time Fun is among my favorite games on the PSP Go currently! I’ll definately be downloading this game as soon as I get another PSN Card! It looks like a LOT of fun, and there’s nothing better than a fun, quirky, mini-game collection to play in between Monster Hunter Freedom Unite sessions!

+ Alex Bravve on September 21st, 2010 at 6:59 am said:

Thank you Midgetguy! I’m sure you will enjoy it!

+ Packfan104L4 on September 20th, 2010 at 7:32 pm said:

@17

You just said Sonic was a good game? What games in the series have been good since the Genesis days?

Therefore, I’ve come to the conclusion you just buy anything cuz it’s there, which is the reason dev’s charge $15 per game. Because they can.

+ BlazeKush420 on September 20th, 2010 at 7:37 pm said:

its for PSP

+ letherclad on September 20th, 2010 at 9:31 pm said:

A trailer would have been nice

+ Techni on September 21st, 2010 at 1:47 am said:

I submit an idea to the PS.Share blog every day, and many dont get posted. They dont tell me why. But when stuff like “Add a Super NINTENDO” emulator gets added it’s very disheartening to see things you cant possible do get chosen over my legitimate ideas.

Can you please force them to tell us why our ideas dont get posted and show where are ideas are in the queue to be read?

+ Jeigh on September 21st, 2010 at 9:27 am said:

To say that I am ashamed of the PlayStation community I am a part of right now would be an understatement. Such disrespectful, arrogant and, in the first several comments, ignorant commenting is absolutely disgusting. (The rush to be the “first” brings out the idiots without fail) Sadly, it’s been heading in this downward spiral for awhile now.

My sincerest apologies.

Sadly, it seems by placing a full game in the same price range as PSN minigames, many are equating the two. Honestly, I think setting it initially at a $30 price-point and then striking that price down to $15 would have garnered more attention. Those graphics are actually quite impressive for the PSP. It’s easy to forget what PSP games looked like 3 years ago. Actually, now that I think about it, the fact that they thought it looked like a cheap PS3 game is more of a compliment than an insult.

Thanks for stopping by and for keeping such an upbeat attitude.

+ TransformerPSX on September 23rd, 2010 at 8:44 am said:

Looking forward to buying this soon, looks like a good port of the Wii version. Do you have plans on porting the Sports Megamix as well?