PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Network Regular Scheduled Maintenance

Patrick Seybold's Avatar + Posted by Patrick Seybold on Sep 20, 2010 // Sr. Director, Corporate Communications & Social Media

PlayStation Network will undergo maintenance tomorrow, September 21st. Maintenance is expected to start at just after 8 am Pacific and will last for several hours, until approximately 5 pm Pacific. During this time, users won’t be able to access the PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home or Account Management, and may encounter difficulty while signing in to PSN.

Because this maintenance window overlaps the normal PlayStation Store publish, we’ll be making new content available tonight. Grace Chen will post the store content as normal when the content is live.

Please stay tuned to the PlayStation Twitter feed for updates on tonight’s store publish and for a notice when PSN is fully back online.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Jetup on September 20th, 2010 at 6:04 am said:

Thank you for the info!

+ VofEscaflowne on September 20th, 2010 at 6:06 am said:

Well it’s not like the store update has been early lately so a store update at 5pm PST or later would be normal, just like the past few weeks :P Good to know though and thanks for the update. Looking forward to what gets added to the store, especially Move content!

+ WanderingMind11 on September 20th, 2010 at 6:07 am said:

Thank you for the heads up.

+ BlindsideDork on September 20th, 2010 at 6:08 am said:

Well I guess this is more good news than bad. About the same time you (unfortunately) normally update…at least we are told when the update will be.

I won’t be surprised if there is another 10pm update though.

+ austinite04 on September 20th, 2010 at 6:11 am said:

i think they are adding the new service i heard rumored around the web… MUSIC on demand!!!

+ bbonds_007 on September 20th, 2010 at 6:12 am said:

Do any of these updates actually DO anything o.0

+ norkee on September 20th, 2010 at 6:18 am said:

This corresponds with the new firmware update. I hope this means we get some sweet new un-announced features. Im not holding my breath though.
Fingers still crossed for some in game skype. )If psp can do skype there is no reasone ps3 can’t handle it.)

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on September 20th, 2010 at 6:19 am said:

So would this be to strengthen the integrity of your server networks? Cause it isn’t very secure at all. Im glad to see these types of maintenance. Server refinements mean faster service, shorter load times and more fun. Just keep those pesky hackers out of my account for good now. Oh and Home people are still able to import. I think it’s wrong and people should be prosecuted for “HACKING” your servers. I buy my stuff and dont like the fact that many people steal from you guys. It’s what keeps the prices High in Home.

+ IrishHater on September 20th, 2010 at 6:22 am said:

So since the update is tomorrow, and you are releasing the PSN store update tonight. Does that mean we get the Red Dead Remption DLC 1 day early? If so SWEET!

Patrick Seybold's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 20th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

Yes, it does :)

+ Brandon_2535 on September 20th, 2010 at 6:23 am said:

Nice! Thanks for the news. Have to go buy a PS Store card today so I can buy the new DeathSpank tonight when the update goes live!

BTW, can you please make Facebook available to sub-accounts? I’m 18 and you only have to be 13 to use Facebook so that’s a bit ridiculous don’t you think?

+ wocyob on September 20th, 2010 at 6:25 am said:

this works out well for us in a way… thanks you for pushing the psn update sooner

Patrick Seybold's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 20th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

I will pass on your thanks to the brave Store team who will be putting in a 14 hour day today.

+ Ska-Boom on September 20th, 2010 at 6:29 am said:

So we get Cladun tonight!?

+ Sindred on September 20th, 2010 at 6:34 am said:

Tomorrow I can sell my Samsung 3D Bluray player. It did a good job, but my PS3 was a better overall player, and now it will have 3D BD support.

+ onisat on September 20th, 2010 at 6:35 am said:

Thanks for the heads up

+ fester420 on September 20th, 2010 at 6:35 am said:

I hope this fixes getting booted from psn every 5 minutes

+ BlazeKush420 on September 20th, 2010 at 6:36 am said:

Yes thank you so much for the heads up so I dont go thinking there is something wrong with my PS3.

+ fester420 on September 20th, 2010 at 6:37 am said:

also, i would love it if you guys could put the move tech demo on psn, i want to mess around with all the cool stuff it can do

+ Powie on September 20th, 2010 at 6:39 am said:

How about a few details on the new “PSN Beta” that’s available as a selection on the main Playstation web page. :)

+ QenTox on September 20th, 2010 at 6:42 am said:

Is the maintenance going to affect customer using PSN in Europe as well?

+ Shinmigami on September 20th, 2010 at 6:49 am said:

Early updates are nice. I wonder what the updates are about and we are missing the drop that should have updated yesterday.

+ snake4308 on September 20th, 2010 at 6:50 am said:

wow early update? sweet!

+ MiltonMafia on September 20th, 2010 at 6:52 am said:

Monday update, motion controllers.. What is this nintendo?

+ Seiven on September 20th, 2010 at 6:57 am said:

SWEET…day early DLC, I like it…and maintenance while I am at work is fine with me =P

+ MDUDE2st on September 20th, 2010 at 6:58 am said:

Hopefully this maintenance is worth it and not another waste of time!

+ Carl-G on September 20th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

I would love to see what you do when you do the maintenance stuff :D
Do you get little ‘Clanks’ in go into the network? :D [sorry i am being silly]

+ PuppetShoJustice on September 20th, 2010 at 7:04 am said:

Might be a good day to pick RDR back up then. I’m more than a little surprised that we get our store update a day early. I’m impressed. Thanks guys.

+ LumarQQ on September 20th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

I think this maintenance has something to do with the recently developed “trophy hack” that jailbreakers are using. If one of them somehow finds a way to brute force into the PSN, you’ll see an influx of high leveled multi-plat players.

Hopefully Sony is on top if it.

Cheers

+ TriForceElf on September 20th, 2010 at 7:18 am said:

Isn’t this maintenance for the PSN Import Store?

+ LumarQQ on September 20th, 2010 at 7:32 am said:

@TriForceElf

Maybe? You know Sony, they never officially announce what the eff their maintenance is for… haha

+ FHTgames on September 20th, 2010 at 7:35 am said:

Bad news for me, since my free day from work is tomorrow… I hope at least, play online for a few hours…

+ TwinDad on September 20th, 2010 at 7:39 am said:

Thank you for the advanced warning. If your want a plus or store sale item that is removed tomorrow you need to do it today as you won’t have a chance.

Patrick Seybold's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 20th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Good point!

+ Grinchy on September 20th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

Store update 1 day early? No complaints there!

+ Spec_Ops_Ally on September 20th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

Well that sucks for my brother. I would be stuck with homework and he will be stuck with that. That makes me happy! Then I wont have to hear him yelling when he dies in mw2 or bfbc2.

+ KingDubin on September 20th, 2010 at 7:47 am said:

Man, you had to do the PSN maintenance at the exact same time tomorrow that I’m getting F1 2010.

Just Great.

+ SirTrigalot on September 20th, 2010 at 7:47 am said:

awesome sauce

+ oWolfpacko on September 20th, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

What are they going to do :/

+ THE_MR_PENGUIN on September 20th, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

any word if this Store update contains Echochrome ii?

the demos already out and the game was said to release in September.

Patrick Seybold's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 20th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

No, echochrome ii is not coming this week.
    We’ll do a post with the official announcement at some point down the line.

+ Stoffinator on September 20th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

Why are there so many of these and why do they take you guys so damn long?

+ silverpikachu on September 20th, 2010 at 8:10 am said:

When will the 3.50 firmware come out? I thought it will be tomorrow? Any updates?

+ SpiritThief on September 20th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Thank you for the heads up.

+ Conrad_Max on September 20th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Thank you for the heads up.

+ SpiritThief on September 20th, 2010 at 8:13 am said:

Oh also, Legacy of Kain series on sale

/beg

+ solo013 on September 20th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

Why in the world would you do this on store update day? It’s stupid to do your maintenance on your stores busiest days.

And why do it at 8am? Do it at 2am or something so it can be done with when most people are online.

+ Velzorn on September 20th, 2010 at 8:25 am said:

So will the new DLC for Red Dead Redemption be available tonight or do we have to wait till late tomorrow or possibly Wednesday?

+ LordRaoh on September 20th, 2010 at 8:26 am said:

discless netflix inbound?

ability to play my own music during gameplay?

ability to play music on a media server during gameplay?

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 20th, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

I want a Grace Chen theme!!!!

Patrick Seybold's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 20th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

I’ll, um, pass that on…

+ sNsKid on September 20th, 2010 at 8:46 am said:

The store update tonight is better than waiting until tomorrow. lol

+ CitizenInsane27 on September 20th, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

Thanks for the heads up. Couple of questions, can be answered in any format.

1. Is the NA version of High Velocity Bowling getting it’s Move patch anytime soon? I picked up a couple Move controllers, and would love to test that one out like my friends in the UK.

2. Can we get pretty please (with sugar on top) get an estimated release date for disc-free Netflix on our PS3? I know that in their conference call, Netflix said it’s coming around October, but as that you guys are probably developing the software, I figured it best to ask the experts. ;)

Patrick Seybold's Avatar

+ Jeff Rubenstein on September 20th, 2010 at 12:15 pm said:

1. Plus members will get this update tonight!
    2. I’d never contradict Netflix CEO Reed Hastings.

+ scorpio182 on September 20th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

Works for me.

I also would like to know with HV Bowling move patch is coming.

I love the MOVE!!!

+ BlooodyCow on September 20th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

Thanks for the heads up. Glad this isn’t going to affect online play like previous maintenance. Then again, the sever is free, so there isn’t a need to complain about when you guys decide to do a maintenance.

PAGE 1 2 3 4