Uncharted 4

Sep 21

Sep 21

PlayStation Canada Wants to See You on October 5th!

Ashley Purdy's Avatar Posted by Public Relations Specialist for Sony Computer Entertainment Canada

Hi everyone! This is my first official PlayStation.Blog entry, and I’m here to invite all the Canadian PlayStation fans out to a great event…an annual event…an exclusive event…

PlayStation Holiday Preview Event Canada

Yes, unbelievably, it’s that time of year again and we are rapidly approaching what many PlayStation fans look forward to all year: the PlayStation Holiday Preview Event party!

This year’s event will take place on October 5 from 5pm to 9pm at the brand-new Sony Centre in downtown Toronto (formerly the old Hummingbird Centre). We’ll be the second event to open up the centre, and everyone is welcome.

What titles are you looking forward to playing? Killzone 3? Gran Turismo 5? SOCOM 4? What about LittleBigPlanet 2? Have a few titles in mind that aren’t first party? That works too, because we are giving you, our fans, exclusive access to all the hottest titles before they hit the retail shelves this holiday season.

Partying at our own ‘centre’ is great, but it wouldn’t be a party without some third party developers. Activision, Disney, Konami, EA, Namco, Ubisoft, Warner and many more will be on board to show you what games they’ve got up their sleeves.

While we can’t guarantee a Kevin Butler appearance like we had at E3, we will provide you with hands-on time with all your favourite titles, live DJs spinning, and delicious food. Because everyone knows that the way to a gamer’s heart is through the games they play and the food they eat!

October may not be cold enough for toques and mittens, but what you can bring are your friends, family members, and frenemies if you like. So if you’re not too busy on a Tuesday evening, come down to the Sony Centre and find out what we’re up to this year.

RSVP to the PlayStation Holiday Preview Event, and please visit our Facebook page for more information.

Add Your Own

S-E-G said:

September 21st, 8:25 pm

can i bring my 2 bricked ps3’s, one un-sync-able dual-shock controller and my usb cam that is not recognized by the ps3 for a refund?

DZORMAGEN said:

September 21st, 8:37 pm

WHAT!!!!??? This sucks!!! L.A. NEVER get’s anything like this!!! I want to move to Canada now!! ;)

ab5tr4kt- said:

September 21st, 8:54 pm

Niice. October’s gonna be an awesome month.

joostin said:

September 21st, 9:00 pm

Although Toronto isn’t right next door to Vancouver, it is encouraging to see more events in Canada.

Any plans for the Golden city anytime in the near future? (Vancouver)

sdtarm said:

September 21st, 9:00 pm

OMFGGGGG O: Im deff going, but i have to go to school and i guess the entrance will be pretty packed up :/… gonna think about it

David2Crazy said:

September 21st, 9:03 pm

I agree with EVERYTHING krae_man said.

From the fans point of view, SCE Canada looks pointless. We rarely get any contests, any events, Playstation.ca is useless. Is Playstation Canada actually going to start getting involved in the community on a regular basis?

baahas said:

September 21st, 9:04 pm

Can I have a LBP2 Beta code instead? :p lol

route151 said:

September 21st, 9:04 pm

Sounds like it would be a blast… It’s a shame to read all the complaints. It would seem that we are certainly a spoiled continent.

Perhaps in the future, Sony will use “Home” as an extension for event such as these. But only for the “Plus” members… he he he

Keep on growing Sony

thegame0808 said:

September 21st, 9:06 pm

damn when i saw the title i was so happy but when i saw toronto -_- damn lol i hope one day they will come to Montreal :)

Rai_11 said:

September 21st, 9:17 pm

Yes! I used to love our sad excuse for an E3-like event which was called the Best Buy Gaming Invasion… but to have an official Sony event! THANK YOU!

TripG said:

September 21st, 9:24 pm

@#48 – Well said. Good questions and observations.

As for the actual post. Canada is a big country (it doesn’t start and end in Toronto LOL) – it would really have been nice to see some sort of tour where multiple areas of the country could participate.

ZaZeeMan said:

September 21st, 9:48 pm

Toronto isn’t Canada. The title should read “Playstation Toronto wants to see you on October 5th”

spideyal said:

September 21st, 9:53 pm

I hope to see these events more often, and hopefully one drops by Vancouver? ;) You can bet I’d be there with many of my friends if one came our way.

PsychoCanadian said:

September 21st, 9:58 pm

You guys need to come to Vancouver. Theres a new waterfront convention centre they built for the olympics you could use. Its to much of a hassle getting a passport just to go to Seattle.

MrSignal said:

September 21st, 10:04 pm

For those on the fence, can you guys hint at what you’ve got on the table?

Otherwise, all we gotta do is RSVP for this baby and were good?

Ashley Purdy's Avatar

Ashley Beaulac said:

September 22nd, 11:38 am

Well first party wise we have Killzone 3, GT5, Little Big Planet 2, a ton of Move titles and Infamous 2 for starters.

Yes, just RSVP and I’ll see you there!

Souliest said:

September 21st, 10:05 pm

Jeff, seriously, the poutine is better in Toronto? It’s like saying pasta is better in Poland than in Italy. You want poutine? Why not come and see us in Montreal?
(BTW, I have nothing again polish pasta. It’s just that, you know, c’mon…. :)

ShaniSPG said:

September 21st, 10:49 pm

Finally some love for Canada…
Since it took this much time to get to Toronto, I guess you guys will be here in Edmonton-Calgary in around 3 years.

I will wait.

JnF_Gho5t said:

September 21st, 10:57 pm

Nice!, I think I will come to this event =D

Delta_Canuckian said:

September 21st, 10:59 pm

Toronto? Pff, like someone said, you wanna party? Come to Vancouver. The Olympics were the best two weeks ever, and I was looking forward to playing KZ3 again. =(

tanHardedge said:

September 21st, 11:26 pm

Would be nice to see this take place in Vancouver, uni doesn’t exactly have the most flexible of schedules to allow visiting another province :(

MadmanV10 said:

September 21st, 11:36 pm

As nice as it is that you so this sort of things…its once a year. And EVERY other day of the year, its more crap that you’re just not doing for us.

Canadian consumers deserve the exact same services and release dates for all Playstation related products and features, including access to the contests on this blog. But you never deliver on that.

Canada is still second rate in Sony’s books. Grace Chen and her PSBlog cronies have proven this time and time again. I don’t see why this should make things any different.

Not even the courtesy of calling it rain.

pinder2009 said:

September 21st, 11:55 pm

Well this is probably the greatest blog post I have ever seen. Its great to see that Canada is finally gettin some lovin ;) Hopefully there will be more events to come- I’m like everyone else, Vancouver is 30 mins away for me so I could get there easily, but Toronto is a no go.

ForgetfuI said:

September 22nd, 12:09 am

Toronto? That’s not Canada…:P

hypersackboy said:

September 22nd, 2:25 am

how about here in Calgary AB?

aegh1966 said:

September 22nd, 3:16 am

unfortunately, I live in Montreal.

playstation move

MorikaWeb said:

September 22nd, 3:46 am

why is it always Toronto? Why cant you people come to the bloody capital? You do know Ottawa is the capital right?

Bioman20 said:

September 22nd, 3:58 am

We need things like this in Atlantic Canada!

SLMNA said:

September 22nd, 4:21 am

What about Montreal? Any chance…?

Berae said:

September 22nd, 4:40 am

@63 Souliest

Exactly what i was thinking, wt* poutine is better in ontario, its in montreal the best…

sirjafar said:

September 22nd, 4:51 am

wow seriously on a Tuesday? There are like 40,000+ college and University gamers that would love a chance to come to this event. But holding it on a Tuesday is a very bad idea. This event should’ve been held on a Friday or at least on the weekend. The people complaining about the event being in Toronto, at least take pity on those gamers like me who want to attend but can’t because of it being a Tuesday.

ruleterren said:

September 22nd, 4:55 am

Hi Jeff, is there an age limit. I want to bring kids with me to test these games to but are they aloud?

jedi_webslinger said:

September 22nd, 5:12 am

The best poutine is in Quebec Jeff. The birthplace of that stuff. So come here instead. It’s not far, but can’t go, sadly. I hope you guys announce the God of War Ghost of Sparta pre-order bonus here in Canada.

RealGambler said:

September 22nd, 5:24 am

Also agree with others Jeff…. Best poutine is in the “belle province de Québec” where it’s coming from, so now that we know you’re a poutine guy, you HAVE to come to visit us!

Montréal is also one of the biggest city for games developpers anyway, so some of your third party guests may not have far to drive!!! If you want to stick to english, then, Ottawa may not be bad too… (but you’ll have to cross a bridge to get some decent poutine….)

Nice to see some canadian love….

TUSTIN1 said:

September 22nd, 5:30 am

@77 – you’re the only one that knows how loud they are. If they’re that loud, I’m not sure why you’d want to bring them whether you’re allowed to or not…

danmillpr said:

September 22nd, 6:13 am

Hey what happen yesterday?.

DarkCollaring said:

September 22nd, 6:42 am

Hey Jeff,
let me tickle your culinary curiosity by saying that Montreal’s got some the best poutine known to man. If you ever come to Ubi-Montreal, let me show you to this great restaurant I know.

krae_man said:

September 22nd, 6:42 am

Actually, that probably was Ashley using Jeff’s login now that I think about it.

All my other questions still stand.

ChainClutch said:

September 22nd, 7:00 am

I love how “Toronto” is considered “Canada”… anything and everything that happens in Canada its in “Toronto”…. you know theres lost of other cities in Canada as well. And theres more then one providence in Canada, theres western canada and the lil O’ folks over in Atlantic Canada that everyone always forgets.

scorpio182 said:

September 22nd, 7:02 am

This is freaken awesome!!!!

I will rsvp when i get home, no access to facebook at work.

Thanks for making an even like this in Toronto!!!!

geekdadcanada said:

September 22nd, 7:04 am

Just a note to everyone that Netflix Canada starts its streaming service today., and best of all, it’s PS3 compatable.

For all you non-Torontonians, you REALLY think that SONY’s going go go around Canada based on your whining?

Mosh_Pit said:

September 22nd, 7:35 am

Why not Montreal it’s so much better then Toronto.

krae_man said:

September 22nd, 7:37 am

Watch out for your bandwidth bills Geekdad, Streaming video eats bandwidth like crazy. 60gb caps does not make for netflix being usefull to most canadians.

marlyt said:

September 22nd, 7:41 am

TORONTO?!? How about Tulsa, OK for a change? C’mon people!!!

joostin said:

September 22nd, 8:08 am

I’ll cut Jeff some slack on two counts.

1. He isn’t exactly a rep for PS Canada, just doing his part.
2. Canada is the second largest country on the planet (in area, not population obviously); so it is tough to setup an event in one major city in hopes that other Canadians from out of town will make it. Remember most major cities are extremely far apart.

Toronto and Ottawa are 3+ hours apart and in the same province. Vancouver to Toronto is the same distance as Seattle to Northern Florida basically. I’ll cut you guys some slack, but just this time. ;)

Just be sure to put Vancouver/Montreal/Central Canada (Winnipeg, Regina, or Calgary) on the agenda for the near future.

DJ_DTM said:

September 22nd, 8:41 am

You guys should get me to play, Facebook me for contact, I’ll play the show for a $50 PSN card just because I love PS3 so much!

MudMonkey13 said:

September 22nd, 8:58 am

I’m not gonna whine about this being in Toronto, but maybe we can can get one of this events in Vancouver some time soon. :)

hush404 said:

September 22nd, 9:16 am

Sorry Sony… I can’t drop work and travel half way across the country to play games :S

sepijooon said: