PS4-Infamous

PlayStation Canada Wants to See You on October 5th!

Ashley Purdy's Avatar + Posted by Ashley Purdy on Sep 21, 2010 // Public Relations Specialist for Sony Computer Entertainment Canada

Hi everyone! This is my first official PlayStation.Blog entry, and I’m here to invite all the Canadian PlayStation fans out to a great event…an annual event…an exclusive event…

PlayStation Holiday Preview Event Canada

Yes, unbelievably, it’s that time of year again and we are rapidly approaching what many PlayStation fans look forward to all year: the PlayStation Holiday Preview Event party!

This year’s event will take place on October 5 from 5pm to 9pm at the brand-new Sony Centre in downtown Toronto (formerly the old Hummingbird Centre). We’ll be the second event to open up the centre, and everyone is welcome.

What titles are you looking forward to playing? Killzone 3? Gran Turismo 5? SOCOM 4? What about LittleBigPlanet 2? Have a few titles in mind that aren’t first party? That works too, because we are giving you, our fans, exclusive access to all the hottest titles before they hit the retail shelves this holiday season.

Partying at our own ‘centre’ is great, but it wouldn’t be a party without some third party developers. Activision, Disney, Konami, EA, Namco, Ubisoft, Warner and many more will be on board to show you what games they’ve got up their sleeves.

While we can’t guarantee a Kevin Butler appearance like we had at E3, we will provide you with hands-on time with all your favourite titles, live DJs spinning, and delicious food. Because everyone knows that the way to a gamer’s heart is through the games they play and the food they eat!

October may not be cold enough for toques and mittens, but what you can bring are your friends, family members, and frenemies if you like. So if you’re not too busy on a Tuesday evening, come down to the Sony Centre and find out what we’re up to this year.

RSVP to the PlayStation Holiday Preview Event, and please visit our Facebook page for more information.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ l3lackCalamity on September 22nd, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

Ofcouse they going to choice Ontario. More people live in Toronto then Vancover or Calgary. Same reason America always has the evens in Californa.

+ krae_man on September 22nd, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

I live in Waterloo so I might be able to make it. Don’t know my October work schedule yet though.

+ krae_man on September 22nd, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

Not that you need to talk to me in person to answer those questions.

+ David2Crazy on September 22nd, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Are the 3D compatible games (like KillZone 3) going to be on display in 3D?

Ashley Purdy's Avatar

+ Ashley Beaulac on September 22nd, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

We certainly will!

+ Nick-30 on September 22nd, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

Nova Scotia Any One????!!!?

No ok, fine. :(
Finally a Canadian event but it’s not where I live.

+ lettelfat on September 22nd, 2010 at 12:51 pm said:

hay will it cost money if so name the price i am thinking of going this sonds fun

+ xRedxViolence on September 22nd, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

is this event free? Do i have to buy or obtain tickets or can i just walk on in? Please answer

+ lettelfat on September 22nd, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

will there be beta codes for pepol that go and will it cost money i know i asked that allredey just trying to be prepared

+ DarkDemon22 on September 22nd, 2010 at 2:59 pm said:

What about Ottawa, Toronto’s not bad if it was a weekend but mid week dam. Oh well guess I will just have to wait for one to come to Ottawa :)

+ SOOPERGOOMAN187 on September 22nd, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

To heck with Vancouver, Come out all the way East to St. John’s if you really want an experience, even if it was next year or the one after. Heck it ALL started here First…

+ xRedxViolence on September 22nd, 2010 at 10:29 pm said:

i haven’t gotten a reply someone here at Sony hello?

What is RSVP? Can i reserve a spot for two if possible?

I would like to get my hands on Socom4.

+ Genexi2 on September 22nd, 2010 at 11:31 pm said:

Bleh, no love for Ottawa. :P

Hope to see some news from the event at any rate regarding LBP2.

+ Tridon on September 23rd, 2010 at 3:38 am said:

I could b!tch about not living in Toronto, but I’m just happy to see some love given to Canada. Thanks, Ashley and Jeff! I’d like to make it out but I’m about 12 hours away in Thunder Bay and I just spent all my money on traveling to Winnipeg for an Aerosmith concert. Hope you have an awesome time, though! :)

+ shazbot-finubus on September 24th, 2010 at 6:46 am said:

I have friends that don’t have facebook but they want to come to this event, is there any way to ensure that it’s cool for them to come?

It’d be terrible if they arrived and were turned around right at the door.

+ scorpio182 on September 24th, 2010 at 6:56 am said:

The RSVP in this case dosen’t mean much. As noted they said bring friend family etc…

I assume they just want to get some kind of count on facebook but really it’s an open event.

+ BalramRules on September 24th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

sakboy’s canadian!?!?!?
(i thought he waz british)

+ Kedaro on September 26th, 2010 at 5:44 pm said:

Awesome thanks for the love PlayStation, Us Canucks love you too… Now if only you guys do something on the West Coast I’ll probably be able to drag myself away from my work long enough to participate.

+ Rocky_3000 on October 3rd, 2010 at 11:06 am said:

Can’t wait, its going to be awsome!!

+ Ryochthewise on October 3rd, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

@114 and 115
I’m hoping that they’ll let people come if they don’t RSVP on Facebook too. I used it for a little while, but it just never clicked with me so I don’t touch it anymore, so I’m just going to show up and hope the train tickets weren’t a waste of money.

+ scorpio182 on October 4th, 2010 at 7:07 am said:

One more day!!!!

Wooohoooo!!!!

+ SinghSaab on October 4th, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

Just called up the Sony Centre and TicketMaster and they have no clue about this event.

How can we confirm details of this event? Any contact numbers?

+ scorpio182 on October 6th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

I went and it was awesome!!!!!

Thanks SONY!!!