PS4-The Order

LittleBigPlanet 2 Now Launching January 18, 2011 in North America

Eric Levine's Avatar + Posted by Eric Levine on Sep 23, 2010 // SCEA PR Manager

LittleBigPlanet 2 compilation

As you may have heard today, Media Molecule shared some news regarding the release date of LittleBigPlanet 2. Obviously this is a big blow to our LittleBigPlanet fans, but we’re sure you’ll understand our decision. As we focus on a 2011 release for our North American, Canadian, and Latin America consumers, we look forward to releasing LittleBigPlanet 2 on January 18th, 2011. Please keep an eye out for more game details and updates as we move closer to our launch.

Here is the statement from Media Molecule:

LittleBigPlanet 2 is a crazy dream, a dream to allow players to make whatever kind of game they want, but also to play though a great adventure of drama and excitement, power-ups, and cinematics. But like all of the most ambitious ideas, it can be a considerable challenge to turn these dreams in fun games. We’ve all been working like powered-up space ninjas and we’re almost there, but because we love what we’ve made, and we love our little sack-friends, and most of all we love all our fans out there, we couldn’t let you all get together until we knew we were giving you the best experience imaginable. Which is why we’ve taken the hard decision to delay the worldwide release of LittleBigPlanet 2, originally slated for later this year to January 2011.

We know this will come as disappointing news for all you LittleBigPlanet fans, and believe us, we are disappointed too. We are a tight-knit team and we take enormous pride in our work, so to raise the bar we’ve set with the original LittleBigPlanet, a game that has been so embraced by all, we’ve agreed to allow ourselves a bit more time to deliver the experience that our great fans and community deserve. We are truly sorry, but hope you understand that we have to build the best possible game, as it is the foundation of our community.

Thanks for your continued love and support, it won’t be long – we promise.

Lots of love from all at Mm

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ LumarQQ on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:02 am said:

boourns

+ DMPrince on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

This is awesome news. Saves me $80. Now I can buy Black Ops for Xbox360

+ joostin on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

counting down the milliseconds…

+ D4RkNIKON on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

Christmas is officially RUINED..

+ D4RkNIKON on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

@#3 “Now I can buy Black Ops for Xbox360″ GTFO of here troll

+ BrianC6234 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Why would anyone want Black Ops over this game DMPrince? Forget that. This is lousy news. I hope we at least get a demo and can make levels with that. This is one of the few games I’m buying this fall. I sure hope they don’t delay GT5 too.

+ G-Force08 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

I can’t say I’m happy for the news. I heard about it earlier this year and have to say, I am greatly saddened. But that’s normal for video games these days, right?

I only wish there was never a street date associated with it to begin with, maybe then I would have saved my money instead of preordering a game that I probably now will never get to play.

LBP 2 was one of my most highly anticipated games for this year and now, chances are, I probably will never get to play it. (No I’m not being over dramatic, I say I wont for good reasons… *tear*). At the very least, those of you who do get to play it probably will enjoy it more as they are taking more time to perfect it.

AND THIS WAS THE ONE AND ONLY GAME I HAVE EVER PREORDERED A COLLECTORS EDITION FOR! >=(

Well, hopefully we will hear some good news later if that is possible… (pssh and I probably wont even be invited to the beta…..)

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:51 am said:

January will be here before you know it and I promise you won’t be disappointed!

+ djsaiyan on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

This is definitely a good idea. It was releasing on the same day as two other Triple-A titles (Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit), and sales would probably take a hit as a result.

January’s pretty packed with big titles too, but at least it’s not as bad as November.

+ Zezzler on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

I hope you guys at Mm make it better than ever with the extra time you have! thanks for thinking about the fans rather than the masses, I really appreciate it~ :D

As long as i get my hands on it sometime, you can delay it all you want!

+ BigBoss712 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

Glad it was delayed tbh, as much as i want LBP2 i wouldn’t have been able to afford buying it this year.

+ DMPrince on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

@5D4RkNIKON – how about your face GTFO.

+ vin_one on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

Darn, now I only have Halo Reach and Rockband 3 to hold me over for the end of this year… Oh and Fallout New Vegas, and………Gran Turismo 5!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you delay that game one more time I may have to boycott Sony, and you don’t want me to do that, I know you don’t.

+ G-Force08 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

@ my comment #7 before – “earlier this year” -> “earlier today” dang I wish we could edit our posts.

+ jimmyphotocall on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

Damn it, I had just put $50 in gift cards toward the Collectors Edition on Amazon too!

Also, how come my posts dont show up for my “mywhitenoise” account?

+ SteeliestGuzman on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

@D4RkNIKON yup it did got ruined noooooooooooooo

+ Berae on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

that really sucks, i understand tho but still it sucks lol

+ Gamble_STARS on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

Why not just release some big DLC pack for like $20 instead of charging people $60 a couple of new features?

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

Believe me, LBP2 is way more than just a few new features, we just need a bit more time to make it perfect.

+ EatDeath on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Well now to save that money for January, more time to play Gran Turismo 5, and I hope they do keep the CE edition of LBP2!

+ Plstcsldgr on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Yeah, every one would rather have a broken game early then ever wait. I never see the point in that.

+ Atomika14 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

I’m not happy, but at least it’s January and not later than that. At least I preordered the Special Edition!

+ Joe-TFW on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

No problems here. If an extra few months will guarantee an even better overall product, then I can be patient. Everything we’ve seen from beta users is phenomenal. Looking forward to a day one purchase.

Eric Levine's Avatar

+ Eric Levine on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:56 am said:

Thanks, we’re excited too!

+ vin_one on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

@Gamble_STARS A couple new features? Have you looked up anything about this game? And you play Madden, yeah, that’s got tons of new features every year.

+ Ospov on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

Well this sucks… They should put some extra costumes or something into the collector’s edition to make up for it!

+ rjejr on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

I pre-orded the collectors ed. of this game on July 24th at Amazon – was that the day it was announced? My 2 boys aged 5 and 7 love the 1st and were really looking forward to this as a Christmas gift, my 5 yr. old loves stuffed animals and my now 8 yr. old loves books so it was going to work out great. Now my plan is to wait until Xmas 2011 and buy the GOTY ed. for $30 and will have to find them something else to get as a Xmas gift. It’s one thing to delay a game, but to delay this great collectors ed. from a month before Xmas to a month after is just wrong – and you all know it.

+ scorpio182 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

WOW, is what i thought first. Then cool give me more time with other games this fall. :)

I’m sure it’s for the best.

+ ShadowOfEden on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

I was thinking that the delay would spare my wallet and give me some more time for the other games of Fall, but I was wrong. I won’t be done with the games of Fall, new games come out in January and my wallet won’t have recovered from Christmas.

+ Fallen_Guardian on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

I really hope you let more people into the beta, like Playstation Plus adopters ;)

*Wink wink*

*Wink*

;)

+ Draicus on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:19 am said:

Ouch. Missing the entire holiday launch window is going to hurt.

+ Gilgamesh247 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:20 am said:

i personally are one of the people who are actually glad they pushed the date to 2011, because this will not only save me money…on my consumer side :3 but this will aslo net MM some great sales as appose to launching the time that COD, GT5, and any other heavy hitters…u saw that Valkyria Chronicles suffered the same fate wen it was released on the ps3. So i give massive thumbs up for them pushing this back, this could open more time for them to try and come up with a pretty rock solid demo if the beta can’t pull through. Seeing a demo will give everyone a great taste on what to expect in the sequel as appose to watching videos or randomly being picked through a beta of some sort. So all in all it gives more buyers enough time, after christmas is over folks can use their christmas money towards LBP, and its a great way to start 2011 as well….(lets hope DC Universe wises up and do the same and push their date either foward or back away from the november time slots) this is a battle betwen GT5 and Blk Oops

+ rjejr on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

PS – Hasn’t Sony been denying all week that this game was going to be delayed? Losers and liars.

+ Link01 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

There goes the one game I was psyched for … this year :(. Nothing good comes out until Jan of next year :(. Mass Effect, LBP2, Dead Space 2, Killzone 3…… * sigh

+ G-Force08 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:25 am said:

“On the upside, we are going to find a way to give more of you a taste of LBP2 prior to launch, so stay tuned.”

Freakin’ videos don’t count -_-

+ Gilgamesh247 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

@llink01 i kinda expect both Dead Space 2 and Mass Effect 2 getting pushed back a bit as for KZ3 they might release within their february date. But these dates are subject to change as u see everywhere pretty much and its understandable for some because it’d be better to have a polished game get pushed back for more polishing as compared to a broken game that gets pushed back and still gonna be broken at the release date (i’m gazing very hard at Quantam Theory on this one)

+ tenshin78 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

Take your time and deliver a kick@ss game, you guys rock!

+ Anddo on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

Thanks for ruining my holidays. :(

Life goes on, at least there’s GT5.

+ emiru69 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:29 am said:

This November just for ps3:
-Dc Universe Online
-Gran Turismo
-Sly Cooper
Meaning if I add all the multiplatform games that are coming out I understand it. Good luck polishing the game then.

+ WayDef on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

Is Canada suddenly NOT part of North America?

+ Ma1nframe on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

Knew the rumors were true. Nice try though, trying to tell everyone that LBP2 was NOT going to be delayed. :(

I would perfer a delayed game that is out of this world then a rushed to market game that is an epic fail (think SOCOM Confrontation)

+ Lanmanna on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:33 am said:

@#5 D4RkNIKON

How is that trolling? Some of us are stressing about how we are going to play all the awesome 2010 games. LBP2 being pushed into 2011 is good for a lot of us.

+ KwietStorm on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:34 am said:

Great. Just great. Now January is LBP, Mass Effect and Dead Space. This would’ve been great for families during the holiday season, Sony.

+ TheGecKOo on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:34 am said:

Thank you!!! If more videogame company’s took time on their products we would continue to have kick ass games that are worth the cover price. Take all the time you need, it sucks that I cant play it sooner but I would rather have a game that lives up to my expectations then a game that falls flat because of unrealistic time restraints. Thank you once again MM and I’m looking forward to the New Year.

+ Lanmanna on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

I already have to play-
Gran Turismo 5
Sly Cooper Collection
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Super Scribblenauts
Sonic Colors
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Star Wars: Force Unleashed 2
Enslaved
Majin
Halo Reach
Professor Layton 3

Thank you for pushing it back until next year, for me AND for your team. I will have some Christmas gift card money by then.

+ Capt-Fury- on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

with this delay, will you guys open up the collector editions reservations again?

+ iMaciPod on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

i want the demo of lbp 2 come on sony give a demo for every one.

+ VofEscaflowne on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

If there’s one game I want to be as perfect as can possibly be, it’s definitely LittleBigPlanet 2. Take all the time you need as the first game was quite awesome and I wouldn’t want anything less from the sequel. It’s already shaping up to be a gaming experience not found anywhere else and I cannot wait to see what the extra development time will do for this game. Keep up the great work!

+ Grand_D on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:39 am said:

PLEEEAAAAASSSEEEE make the CE available for preorder again!!!! I missed it by like 2 days (T-T)

+ Dracorius on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

There are too many games I am planning to buy before the holidays. Castlevania, Vanquish, Enslaved….etc. Just got the EyePet and Move for the kids. I am actually relieved this will be out after the holidays. Wallet is getting too thin….

+ Chuckbait on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

Does the Fight: Lights Out, come out one oct 12 or october 21? It looks like that will be the only Move game ill buy until 2011…

besides PSN titles of course :)

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

With a new CoD launching within a week of this game it would have gotten absolutely buried. I think Sony should delay GT5 too. ;)

+ G-Force08 on September 23rd, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

Yeah they should def. make more CE, open up the CE reserves and add more to it too! >=(

PAGE 1 2 3 5