PS4-The Order

God of War: Ghost of Sparta Demo Available Tomorrow

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Sep 27, 2010 // Product Manager, SCEA

Be sure to stay glued to the PlayStation Store tomorrow, Tuesday, September 28th, as the God of War: Ghost of Sparta Demo will be included as part of the general PlayStation Store Update! With our November 2nd release date just around the corner, this is one Store update you won’t want to miss!

God of War: Ghost of Sparta Demo

For those still haven’t pre-ordered, be sure to keep a close eye on our weekly update of “Six Reasons to Pre-order God of War: Ghost of Sparta” as we provide PlayStation.Blog readers an in-depth look at each of the exclusive pre-order items from the ultimate bundle. Each update will include a behind-the-scenes look, including developer interviews and audio-video for reference with the best saved for last – highlights from God of War Live, our Game Directors roundtable discussion and a glimpse at the brand new Ghost of Sparta PS3 Dynamic Theme – both have yet be revealed so stay tuned.

Remember, for those planning to purchase the Ghost of Sparta UMD version or Entertainment Pack of God of War: Ghost of Sparta, you must pre-order the game before November 2nd, 2010 in order to take advantage of the six exclusive pre-order items for free. PSPgo owners will be able to take advantage of the pre-order exclusives by purchasing God of War: Ghost of Sparta from November 2nd, 2010 to November 9th, 2010

Every End, Must First Begin!

81 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ eddieMX07 on September 27th, 2010 at 9:00 pm said:

…and whats deal with all these PSN codes i’m seeing in the comments. Is that Angels & Demons the movie or a game? just wondering

+ jimmy903 on September 27th, 2010 at 9:10 pm said:

Hell yea!

+ Richlando on September 27th, 2010 at 9:35 pm said:

The first psp game was really good and haven’t played the demo of this one yet but I will eventually but either way a must buy so no worries there..
So…anyway:
I would LOVE to know why EU Plus subscribers (ALL not just a select few) got the AC Brotherhood beta???? I preordered it with Gamestop so I’ll get it as soon as they remember to actually send out the codes..which should have went out already..I’m asking this because I hope all this “select” few nonsense is over and done with for US plus subscribers soon.

+ TripG on September 27th, 2010 at 10:16 pm said:

Finally, the prolateriate get access to the demo.

+ solace357 on September 28th, 2010 at 12:12 am said:

This legit felt like GOW3 portable. Very pleased with it, day one purcase!

+ Jeigh on September 28th, 2010 at 3:09 am said:

@ 49

Same boat as you. PS+ sure, but more importantly, my (playable) PSP has no sound, an oversensitive power switch and a broken UMD drive.

+ Fargo22 on September 28th, 2010 at 6:28 am said:

The God of War franchise is one of my FAVORITE sets of games EVER. I can’t wait for this game to come out! This will be an AWESOME game, and a new reason to get my PSP out again! Long live GOW!!! :D

+ poweredbyzen on September 28th, 2010 at 7:01 am said:

thanks for supporting the pspgo! :D i just wet my shorts – again. :\

+ poweredbyzen on September 28th, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

already played the demo – it’s good to be a playstation plus subscriber! :D

+ mckfrn on September 28th, 2010 at 7:26 am said:

where i can download it? Demo of course. Today it should be on PlayStationNetwork, and i dont see it there, Im from Europe, Poland. I think thar we dont have the demo yet, but answer please @_@

+ eliud18 on September 28th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

Trust me, I already played the demo, your not going to be disappointed.

+ CHMKPR on September 28th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

For the preorder extras , if I were to decide to buy the game through the PSN Store from Nov 2nd to the 9th , do you have to HAVE a PSPgo registered in your PSN account in order for Sony to give the preorders freebies ? Or can a person with any model PSP actually decide to purchase the game through the PSN Store for the pre-order freebies ? An answer would be greatly appreciated thank you . ^_^

+ jazhers on September 28th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Gosh !! The waiting is killing me! I’m so excited. Update already!

+ MRGamer01 on September 28th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Got the demo a long while back on my PSP Go. Everything worked perfectly and the demo was insanely amazing! As soon as the game hits the store I’m pouncing on this!

+ narutokurosaki19 on September 28th, 2010 at 4:08 pm said:

it should already be out by now whats taking so long

+ jazhers on September 28th, 2010 at 4:14 pm said:

Yes !!! Downloading now Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU !!!

+ PhillyTheCat on September 28th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

why did they even bother putting the spear of destiny in God of War 2, it was just terrible. I hope this spear & shield is much better.

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on September 28th, 2010 at 6:13 pm said:

If Canadians can get the pre-order bonus pack I may buy this at $40. If not, I’ll wait and get it cheaper. Sony failing to give a shred of info on this is definitely not encouraging. I’ll wait til I can find it for $20. Demo was very cool though.

+ CF3esBestia on September 28th, 2010 at 6:41 pm said:

OMG this game is insane!!! graphics are the best i’ve seen on psp

+ bigdog_22117 on September 28th, 2010 at 8:06 pm said:

mine keeps freezing

+ exotic_invader on September 29th, 2010 at 2:00 am said:

The demo is also causing my PSP-1000 to shut off immediately after the “Readyatdawn” logo fades out to begin loading the menu screen.
I’ve also downloaded and installed twice.

Maybe I’ll just wait for the full release (plenty to do in MGS Peacewalker anyhow) ;)

+ barkerm79 on September 29th, 2010 at 1:42 pm said:

@71

I am having the same problem as well. Mine is a God of War PSP-2001. Anyone out there have any ideas as to why it is doing this?? I really want to play this game.

+ Weedbrandon on September 29th, 2010 at 10:14 pm said:

mine keeps freezing why?

+ Weedbrandon on September 29th, 2010 at 10:17 pm said:

Really a epic fail it Freezing really Why?

+ BalramRules on September 30th, 2010 at 9:17 am said:

iz it ps3 compatible?

+ mckfrn on September 30th, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

no, its only a psp game. You can download it on ps3, but you cant play on it.
Look position 75 – sad :(

+ spiderboy59 on September 30th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

i played the demo it was the bomb. 5 stars stright up. Can’t wait for the full version.

+ giga-lo-maniacs on September 30th, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

Ken when are you previewing the dynamic theme? Thx
+2012

+ Weedbrandon on October 2nd, 2010 at 3:26 pm said:

I still can’t play it why?

+ juggalorider on October 2nd, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

@Atomika14 same here i just downloaded this demo yesterday, i tried playing 3 or 4 times in a row an every single time my psp go shuts off at the same place

+ exotic_invader on October 2nd, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

I’ve managed to get the demo to work using the following method:

While the Ghost of Sparta demo was loading I repeatedly pressed the START and X button’s and it went to the main menu screen without freezing or shutting the PSP off.

Additionally, I had the wireless connectivity switch turned off. But I’m not certain if this had any bearing.

Good luck to those who have also had problems.

PAGE 1 2