PlayStation Music

Sep 28

ModNation Racers: Over 300,000 Race Tracks Now for $39.99!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar Posted by Chuck Lacson on Sep 28, 2010 // Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Today we are happy to announce we are offering ModNation Racers PS3 and PSP to the masses at new lower price points!

With over 1.5 million track, kart and mod creations available to everyone, ModNation Racers already offers one of the best values on ANY platform. ModNation Racers PS3 will now be available at $39.99 (MSRP), and ModNation Racers PSP will be available for $19.99 (MSRP) at both retail and on the PlayStation Network!

For the low cost of $39.99, there are over 300,000 tracks to race against friends via split-screen, online against players around the globe, or with AI in single-player. You never have to worry about players memorizing tracks–you can make each race a unique experience that levels the playing field. And if you want to race on the go, you have over 15,000 tracks to choose from on your PSP for $19.99!

ModNation Racers has changed the racing genre forever by allowing the users to quickly and easily make as many new and unique tracks as they want. Players can create a track in just three minutes by simply driving your track to life. The track is paved behind your kart and PRESTO–instant race track. Have your PS3Auto Populate” your track if you are feeling lazy, or make your dream track with the incredibly easy and deep Track Studio.

For those who just want to race and not create, no worries!

Just download any of the ever-growing number of tracks available for free from ModNation community. This is a Play, Create, SHARE game after all.

In five months, over 600,000 players have logged in, RACED, and have created over 1.5 Million Creations. That’s a testament to just how easy it is to create in ModNation Racers. Don’t believe me? Just ask folks like Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi (Twisted Metal and God of War creator Dave Jaffe, or our friend Kevin Butler (the man) and they’ll tell you. Just check out the trailer below and see for yourself, it’s so easy!

With basically unlimited content to download and play, along with the addictive kart racing action of offline four-player split-screen and online multiplayer modes, there is no better time to join the Nation than this holiday season!

ModNation Racers for PS3 and PSP

ModNation Avatars Available Today!
In addition to this announcement we are also releasing the official ModNation Racers avatars on the PSN today!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ iTzSushi on October 1st, 2010 at 7:25 pm said:

I bought this game last week before the price drop is it possible to go back to GameStop and get back the difference between the price drop and the price i bought it for.

+ R-O-Ofaliss on October 2nd, 2010 at 10:26 pm said:

DO NOT BUY THIS FOR THE PSP!! They don’t even release DLC for the PSP version, and the you are VERY limited in what you can create. I fell for the hype and purchased it when it was first released, biggest mistake of my life, and to be honest it’s not even worth $19.99. Purchase Wipeout Pulse it you want a good PSP racer, sure the online community is dead, but the single player is really fun and you can listen to your own music in game. Party all day my foot.

+ GGod0 on September 28th, 2010 at 3:45 pm said:

The most prevalent thing I want in a patch/DLC is being able to put accessories like Dynamite, Grass, etc on parts of my mod other than the head. Or at least get a good reason why this is.

+ coolasia on September 28th, 2010 at 3:48 pm said:

Hi Chuck! Its me coolasia! Long time no see! This game has made great accomplishments. I guess we won’t have to worry about that time machine right!?

+ Vex_Doppel on September 28th, 2010 at 3:52 pm said:

I got an idea.

So you got all these mascots, you should make DCL tracks based around them. So when you play these tracks, the computer ai racers will be just mascots. Drake, sackboy, kratos, and SweetTooth. You still need some KZ DLC among others to make this course work.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on September 28th, 2010 at 5:29 pm said:

That is something to look into!

+ phinnv8 on September 28th, 2010 at 4:08 pm said:

Guess it wasn’t doing that well. Honestly it is a really good game regardless of the long load times (that the patch didn’t fix much). I recommend this game to everyone at $40. The track editor is just amazing… I always wish it had an online mode sorta like Mario Kart has with vs. modes for just blowing each other up in arenas too.

+ RockToonz on September 28th, 2010 at 4:11 pm said:

the patch is good for me… 8-12 secs for loading is not much time though…

+ EdgarFriendly on September 28th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

Will there be a patch for the PSP version? The track editor keeps suggesting that I cross tracks (the auto-complete feature) but never lets me do it. Also, when playing online I can only use a few of my own mods. Most just give an error if I try to use them.

+ remanutd5 on September 28th, 2010 at 4:53 pm said:

released a patch for the psp version that let us talk and join our friends on the same room please , love the game on both systems , PS3 and PSP GO

+ sirjafar on September 28th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

Are you guys going to fix the load time issues? The game still takes a long time to load, and then gets slow or laggy from time to time.

+ KILLZONE79 on September 28th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

i was still on the fence on buying this game as well, i loved the exclusive beta :)

+ moriarty1975 on September 28th, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

Sorry Chuck but your reply to comment #81 doesnt make any sense as the Mod/Kart DLC was completed BEFORE the game was released.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

+ Chuck Lacson on September 28th, 2010 at 6:04 pm said:

When pre-release DLC is sold on the store, it’s usually months after launch so pre-order consumers can enjoy a healthy window of exclusivity. Once they do go out, we space out releases so we can avoid huge gaps (3-4 weeks without dlc) in our schedule.

+ ROLO_ONFIRE on September 28th, 2010 at 5:46 pm said:

I love this game but you need to make an update that REALLY improves loading times, I can’t notice any difference, the initial load is pretty long and I don’t understand why since modspot isn’t loaded anymore. On IGN comparisons there where some times even longer, I don’t really know but to me they just feel the same.

Also, I got dropped A LOT yesterday when trying to download mods and tracks. Please improve this awesome game

+ cmandb on September 28th, 2010 at 5:19 pm said:

Air Raid is there now, very slow to update the playstation store.

PAGE 1 2 3