PS4-The Order

New PS3 Greatest Hits Titles Available Now

Ami Sheth's Avatar + Posted by Ami Sheth on Sep 28, 2010 // Associate Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

Hi everyone! We have some exciting news for those of you looking to expand your PS3 game library. Back in April we announced new PS3 Greatest Hits titles, and today we are adding seven more PS3 titles to the ever-growing “Greatest Hits” library. These latest titles will be available at retailers in U.S. and Canada for only $29.99 (MSRP). With our ongoing expansion of the “Greatest Hits” library, now including more than 40 titles, we’re continuing to give PS3 owners more to enjoy while spending less.

MAG Greatest Hits for PS3 (PlayStation Move support) Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Greatest Hits for PS3

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Greatest Hits for PS3 Demon's Souls Greatest Hits for PS3

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Greatest Hits for PS3 Call of Duty: World at War Greatest Hits for PS3

TEKKEN 6 Greatest Hits for PS3

The newest additions to the “Greatest Hits” library include:

With this month’s launch of PlayStation Move and the recent addition of 3D Blu-ray movie support, the PS3 is the only system continues to do everything – and with more and more titles available at the low “Greatest Hits” price, there’s something for everyone looking to expand their PS3 library. In fact, the MAG PlayStation Move software update, which enables PlayStation Move compatibility, is coming soon. Enjoy!

122 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ poweredbyzen on September 28th, 2010 at 7:02 am said:

i’m so going shopping today!

+ Jeo on September 28th, 2010 at 7:04 am said:

I hadn’t gotten a chance to try out mag… but at that price it’s definitely worth picking up.

Glad to see the price drop. Otherwise I probably would have just skipped it.

+ Xer0Signal on September 28th, 2010 at 7:05 am said:

ok, people, MAG is now only $30.

NO MORE EXCUSES, BUY IT NOW

+ NHDrumline17 on September 28th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

Might finally give Demon’s Soul a try!

+ infamousXX87XX on September 28th, 2010 at 7:06 am said:

Great deals nice.

On a side not whatever happened to the “pushed” demo of Lara Croft for the PLUS members? You guys on the blog said it would come 9/28 and the ps store even advertises it as well…..but no demo was “pushed”. No beta invite either…plus is getting sad

+ VanilaGorila-x- on September 28th, 2010 at 7:09 am said:

Demon Souls will finally get a buy from me.

Peace,
VG

+ ProjectInfiniti on September 28th, 2010 at 7:10 am said:

This is kind of off-topic but…

I gave in and picked up a PlayStation Move Sports Bundle last night. All I have to say is: Sony, you BETTER support the s*** out of this thing!

When they say that it’s precise, accurate, and responsive, they weren’t bulls’ing at all, and I was skeptical about lag at first. I friggin LOVE the Move and will be picking up MAG again to get more play from this :D

+ OnesOwnGrief on September 28th, 2010 at 7:10 am said:

<.< I wont be pushed until tonight when the PS Store updates.

+ OnesOwnGrief on September 28th, 2010 at 7:11 am said:

Also, I’m not liking how the only pushed demo’s are those of Eidos/Square-Enix. I would like something better honestly. You might as well start pushing the free games and all early demos Plus get at this point.

+ NOhara24 on September 28th, 2010 at 7:12 am said:

Where’s the new Borderlands DLC?

+ ChocoDK on September 28th, 2010 at 7:13 am said:

And the PS3 only continues to remove everything (as in features).

Nice to see though Call of Duty 4 finally going Greatest Hits since its taken long enough. Surprised though to see titles such as MAG, and Demon Souls go Greatest Hits so quickly. Hopefully Heavy Rain will be added to the Greatest Hits line-up soon.

+ blazsox on September 28th, 2010 at 7:16 am said:

Man took forever for Modern Warfare to get a price cut. Definitely will re-pick it up soon.

+ SykoTech on September 28th, 2010 at 7:16 am said:

Is that big blue Move logo on MAG going to be on every Move compatible game? I really don’t want that on my LittleBigPlanet 2 boxart. :(

Nice deals though. Anyone who has not bought A Crack in Time should do so ASAP.

+ Glacier928 on September 28th, 2010 at 7:20 am said:

A great selection of greatest hits added today, on my birthday too! Too bad I have all these games already lol

+ Vu_Prime on September 28th, 2010 at 7:22 am said:

Demon’s Souls. NICE!

+ ddb216 on September 28th, 2010 at 7:22 am said:

Wow its hard to believe that Tekken 6 has been out nearly a year now

+ anotherdae on September 28th, 2010 at 7:25 am said:

Any chance Demon’s Souls got updated with save points? Freakn’ impossible. Love/Hate…

+ TheDark12 on September 28th, 2010 at 7:27 am said:

Awesome, thank you Sony!

+ Lambrick on September 28th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

now there’s no reason for anyone to not buy Demon’s Souls. get on it people!

+ BiezulbubBill69 on September 28th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

Sony always wins baby!!!!

+ subbed on September 28th, 2010 at 7:30 am said:

While I still hate the name I hope more people get Demon’s Souls. Challenging and depressing game but I felt the reward was worth it. I will say though to anyone picking it up you may hate it. I know quite a few people that just couldn’t get into the difficulty and the atmosphere of the game. (just want to give fair warning on one of my favorite games)

Might just pick up MAG or MotorStorm PR now. Both games interest me but so far not enough to buy them.

+ Kamiboy on September 28th, 2010 at 7:32 am said:

Huzzah for Demon Soul’s I say! Always glad to see that game get some more well deserved exposure. When I imported the Hong Kong English version of this game at launch and delved into its pleasurable atmospheric regiment of torture I thought this was fated to be one of those obscure games that only a handful would ever know of.

Whatever was the cause of that mysterious disturbance in the market dynamics that enabled such a game to sell enough to be greatest hits, here is the tip of my hat to it. Mysterious phenomenon, I hope to see your likes more often.

+ remanutd5 on September 28th, 2010 at 7:33 am said:

nice , very nice , good to see Motorstorm Pacific Rift on the list so more people will try it and get ready for Motorstorm Apocalypse !!!!! MAG , Ratchet and Demons Souls are all great titles !!!! i think i will pick MAG up for my bro , wheres ModNation Racers? God of War 3? come on , we know God of War 3 is the fastest selling first party game from sony this generation , should be on that list , oh and wheres Heavenly Sword ? didnt the game sold 1.5 million already ? such a shame you guys didnt push it , its an amazing title !!!!

+ memberop on September 28th, 2010 at 7:35 am said:

Nice, very nice, seriously nice. :)

+ SuperSlay on September 28th, 2010 at 7:38 am said:

one question is the greatest hits cod4 the goy edition?

+ FunkyTable on September 28th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

axiously waiting for Uncharted 2 to be greatest hits.

+ Rene_Led on September 28th, 2010 at 7:47 am said:

I didn’t like MAG much but I heard now you can play against all other teams. For 30$ must mean that getting used is even cheaper.
I think I may give it a go and CoD5 looks great too ;)

+ adolson on September 28th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

Borderlands is a new Greatest Hits title too, is it not?

+ tj5678 on September 28th, 2010 at 7:55 am said:

Any new psp greatest hits??? Also in honor of it becoming a greatest hits, how bout the Demon Souls dynamic theme being released for us on psn store- Thanks for reading.

+ CrimsonPaw on September 28th, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

Ugh, now I have to pick up MAG — AND a PS Move wand … Thanks Sony, I don’t like having money anyway.

+ mew_frenger on September 28th, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

get a crack in time if u havnt. amazing game

+ shazbot-finubus on September 28th, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

That is a great line up. I may pick up MAG, curious about the motion controls in a shooter.

For anyone who is tired of the standard “JRPG” I strongly suggest picking up Demon’s Souls. It’s difficult but almost never unfair. It’s a game that rewards patience and thinking.

+ Kchow23 on September 28th, 2010 at 8:02 am said:

Took awhile for the older CODs to become greatest hits… thought Borderlands was added too.

+ F-minus on September 28th, 2010 at 8:04 am said:

R&C-A crack in time… Come to me my pretty!!!

Still Need to try out MAG with the MOVE. Havent played MAG in a while, Playing MOD Nation Alot.

+ thewindowsguy on September 28th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

This is great news. I am probably going to buy MAG. But first, the second navigation controller.

+ cwbygmer on September 28th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

I think I might actually pick up demon souls this weekend and see what all the difficulty hype is about

+ Elvick_ on September 28th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

I’m so glad I already have the games I want from that list, because I DESPISE the greatest hits cases and red banners.

It’s horrendous. Only thing worse is the yellow Greatest Hits from the Gamecube.

+ Korbei83 on September 28th, 2010 at 8:09 am said:

I am shocked that Activision let you cut the price of their games.

+ jimmyfoxhound on September 28th, 2010 at 8:10 am said:

DEMON’S SOULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome is it to see that it made it to Greatest Hits status?? Sooo cool!

+ Frejim on September 28th, 2010 at 8:11 am said:

sweet deals

I’ll go get MAG now!!!

+ S-E-G on September 28th, 2010 at 8:13 am said:

didn’t take long for mag to make it to the greatest hits
lol
one last push for the game i guess
was it really a hit though?
how many copies did it sell?

+ Jarett on September 28th, 2010 at 8:13 am said:

Great price for Crack in Time!
I think Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds is overdue for a greatest hits release.

+ Berae on September 28th, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

Great news!, unfortunately i played them all except tekken but I never liked this franchise

+ DieUnbeliever on September 28th, 2010 at 8:50 am said:

Well what do you know, they finally decided to add CoD4 on the list after 2 and a half years. I’m guessing the selling curve for the game have reached it’s stepe end so they said “Ok, now that we know everyone bought it (or almost everyone), we can reduce the price!” LOL!

Let’s look at other titles that have done ok, good, great, or just AS GREAT as COD4

MAG = less than a year old = Listed
MGS4 = was less than a year old = listed
R&C CinT = about a year old = listed
CoD 4 = Almost THREE years old = FINALLY Listed.

MW2 should be on there. But I guess it won’t be on until 2012 by the looks of things. LOL!!

Anyhow, just thought I’d note that. These are Great games!!! A Crack in Time and MAG is worth picking up for those who don’t have it!!! NO POINT in getting any of the COD at this time, since COD:BO is releasing SOON and MW2 is been out for almost a year.

+ Disjecta on September 28th, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

Sorry Sony, not supporting (i.e. purchasing) any Greatest Hits titles till you mark down Heavy Rain to one.

+ lbpmagician on September 28th, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

Yeah, what about Heavy Rain? I just got it for $40 on Amazon, but now would be a great time for a price drop, what with Move support and all.

+ Meguer on September 28th, 2010 at 8:52 am said:

I think Greatest Hits games should be like Midnight Club Lost Angeles Complete Edition. MCLA: CE have a great price (U$29,99) AAAAAAAND 2 DLC’s. Every company should learn this from RockStar.

+ kfs13 on September 28th, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

looking forward to trying MAG with the move support I would not buy it before but 30 bucks and move gotta give it a shot

+ Zezzler on September 28th, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

I’ll be picking up a copy of MAG for sure! thats a terrific price, and an FPS with move support sounds great!

+ Richlando on September 28th, 2010 at 8:58 am said:

Good reason to pick up Demon Souls now. Played it as a Gamefly rental now I think I’ll buy it.

Soooo…any of you Sony mutes up for a question?

I would LOVE to know why EU Plus subscribers (ALL not just a select few) got the AC Brotherhood beta???? I preordered it with Gamestop so I’ll get it as soon as they remember to actually send out the codes..which should have went out already..I’m asking this because I hope all this “select” few nonsense is over and done with for US plus subscribers soon.

PAGE 1 2 3