Tearaway Unfolded

Sep 29

This Week in Home: Castlevania: Lord of Shadows, Contra, Scion Event & More!

Locust_Star's Avatar Posted by Locust_Star on Sep 29, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

This week brings yet another exciting event to PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza. Scion’s “Take on the Machine” activity pits man against steel in a race (or shall we say “chase”) across plaza where players pursue a fleet of 2011 Scion tCs. The fastest and most agile players will unlock exclusive rewards and earn their place amongst the PlayStation Home elite. Log in to PlayStation Home this Thursday, September 30th to join the challenge and then head to TakeOnTheMachine.com for additional information on the all new Scion tC and to find a dealer near you.

PlayStation Home: Scion Homebillboard

Konami dives into PlayStation Home this week with both Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Contra gear for your avatar. Dress up as Lance Bean and Bill Rizer of Contra fame as well as Gabriel Belmont from the upcoming Castlevania: Lords of Shadow PS3 game. Be sure to check out these new items, available from the PlayStation Home Mall this Thursday, September 30th.

PlayStation Home: Contra Costume

PlayStation Home: Castlevania Costume

The Sodium store receives an update this week specifically for the ladies of PlayStation Home. Check out some the hot items that will be on the shelves come Thursday morning.

PlayStation Home: Crop Tops Large SCEE

Attn: LocoRoco fanatics. We have Yokke hats (pictured below) and other furniture items, available from the Threads and Furniture stores in the PlayStation Home Mall!

PlayStation Home: yokke

Also available this week from the Furniture store in the PlayStation Home Mall is Shandor, the all-knowing, the all-seeing. This fortune telling-mini game is the newest addition to our line of personal games. Toss coins into the mouth of Shandor and, if you are successful, he will peer into his crystal ball (or maybe it’s just a magic 8-ball?) and tell you the future.

The mega-popular PlayStation Home Community Theater receives yet another update this week, with a new episode of the legendary GamerIndepth videocast. Narde15 – Executive Editor of GamerIndepth – had this to say about their newest addition to the PlayStation Home Community Theater.

“Hey everybody – be sure to log into PlayStation Home this Thursday to check out our second episode of GamerIndepth’s ‘ShoutOuts.’ The week we have a short, informative conversation on Mass Media (and all of the hot items and spaces they are responsible for) as well as an interview with Director_On_Duty from PSTalent, who tells us about how he got started and what his future plans are as far as PlayStation Home is concerned. Plus everyone that catches this week’s episode will be rewarded with an awesome GamerIndepth t-shirt!”

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2

+ SpyDudeFX on September 29th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

Gabriel looks awesome, are we getting The Last Airbender costumes too? Locust can you repeat the Star Trek movie rental offer but do it for Last Airbender and offer renters the shirt and the 4 flags from EU? 7 weeks to go ;)

+ zekececil14 on September 29th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

Heres an idea: LittleBigPlanet Comic! : D

+ Rene_Led on September 29th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Eh..I’ll see what’s up next week.

+ Hooligantuan on September 29th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

They’ll make classic Contra dudes but not classic Castlevania dudes? I mean, there’s even a lady Belmont – there could have been a female costume in there.

+ lanis01 on September 29th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Meh. Wake me up when we get a item increase for our personal spaces. This is a good content update but it’s not important to someone like me who already has plenty of home content.

+ gdogg666 on September 29th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

what about the guys who buy castlevania like the limited edition could we get some type of code or something to get the belmont suit for free? :D

+ monster_boss on September 29th, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

ahh cool! looking forward to some new gear to wear and chase a car in cp? did i read that right? lol wtg locust star

+ Kinetic808 on September 29th, 2010 at 5:43 pm said:

Are they going to make a new installment of Contra for the PS3?!

+ Kama-sama on September 29th, 2010 at 5:45 pm said:

The title says “Lord of Shadows” when it should be “Lords of Shadow”. Either way, I’m looking forward to the game.

+ Bigmouthkid on September 29th, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

Thanks for the awesome costumes. I’m definitely diggin the contra costumes.:D

+ dsatkins59 on September 29th, 2010 at 5:58 pm said:

AAHH!! I have been missing so much on PSHome! I havent been on it in a while cuz games like uncharted 2 are to addicting. but im sure you guys have done a great job with Home. :)

+ FE_RR on September 29th, 2010 at 6:05 pm said:

i’m still gettin error code 8071053D, cannot do anything on PSN, i left this on various post and cannot get an answer, please do something or tell me what to do,

+ footballrule on September 29th, 2010 at 6:30 pm said:

Update looks pretty good. Any chance we can get in that one LBP Playground space part that is undercontruction?

Also, it would be cool if PS Plus could get a few PS Plus shirts and hats. :)

+ Lord_Rinja on September 29th, 2010 at 7:03 pm said:

Locust, definitely echo off my thanks to Hideo Kojima, the Developers at Mercury Steam and the folks at Konami as well as anyone else who was involved. I’ve been playing Castlevania across various platforms since 1988 (I was 8 years old back then) and I am a huge fan of the series overall. Any kind of swag and fanfare I can get for this series, I appreciate greatly. Its good to see that Konami is finally on board with Playstation Home. And seeing that they decided to give us Contra costumes as well, maybe this will lead to other franchises in Home as well (Metal Gear and Gradius anyone?) Once again, thanks for making an old longtime fan happy.

+ Feral_Dragon on September 29th, 2010 at 7:58 pm said:

I am getting FED UP with all the Male Only stuff!

After weeks of absolutely nothing for girls, and a lot of us started to complain, what do they give us? A handbag…that costs 5 dollars! Gee thanks. Meanwhile, guys are getting five or six cool creature and game costumes every week. Seriously, there`s been several female characters in the Castlevania series, and they couldn`t give us ONE? Sodium and Lockwood are the only ones who seem to care, its not even worth checking out the other stores anymore, unless you like the pain of being left out.

PLEASE stop ignoring us, and give girls cool Halloween costumes this year. I`m talking a cool werewolf costume, with a long muzzle. I`ve been asking for weeks!

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on September 29th, 2010 at 8:23 pm said:

yeah HOME DEVs you gotta look out for the HOME GIRLS…its reall not fare to them..and the less girls there are on HOME the less males and the less males and girls then there will be less money and i know thats not going to look good when your boss sees the chart :/

+ Kitty_Pyra on September 29th, 2010 at 8:38 pm said:

Better yet maybe see if activision updates their guitar hero area for warriors of rock with some of the female characters XD

+ Lord_Rinja on September 29th, 2010 at 8:52 pm said:

With all due respect to both the developers, community specialists and publishers, there are several characters in the Castlevania universe that are female like Feral_Dragon said. In the post on the message board that I made, September 1st, I included some pics to inspire some costume ideas. Two were girls: Shanoa from Order of Ecclesia and Maria Renard from Symphony of the Night. Also, costumes could be made for Sonia Belemont from Castlevania Legends, Sypha Belnades from Castlevania III: Dracula’s Curse and Yoko Belnades from Aria and Dawn of Sorrow. Please do not take this comment as sign of disrespect because as I stated before, I am extremely happy with the decision to bring this stuff over. I know it must have been difficult enough trying to get Konami onboard to agree with giving us content. However, Home does have a lot of female Castlevania fans as well and I think it would be in Konami’s best interest to give the ladies some content. After all, girls like to kick some butt too :-).

+ Conrad_Max on September 29th, 2010 at 9:48 pm said:

We were told a while ago, and also recently, that third party Developers are told about the issue of the lack of female costumes based on games where the main character is a male. We were also told that even then, some of those Developers choose to not make female costumes. Whether is is about money or time, who knows? However, I would suggest contacting those Developers whose game costumes you would like for your/our female avatars. Perhaps the number of posts on their respective sites/forums and the number of emails will change their minds?

People keep thinking that SCEA is responsible for all the things in Home. Not true. Third party Developers are responsible for their own Home content. SCEA lets them know what people want. But wouldn’t it be better to hear it from you/us?

+ HFarnsworth on September 29th, 2010 at 9:55 pm said:

Whaaaaaaaa? I pressed press Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start and my Scion suddenly accelerated into the Lockwood store front. Please send help and $5 handbags.

+ Epiclees on September 29th, 2010 at 9:58 pm said:

Race ya!

+ Lord_Rinja on September 29th, 2010 at 10:06 pm said:

Yeah Conrad, I know and understand that, hence the reason why I stated “with all due respect to the developers, community specialists and publishers”. However, I’m glad you clarified that because not everyone posting here understands the separation between SCEA and Third Party Publishers. What I can tell you is that these companies usually listen when they are called on the phone as long as you are respectful and not too demanding. When I have time tomorrow, I’ll try to get on the phone with Konami and see what I can do about this. Maybe I’ll get the marketing manager or brand champion on the phone and let them know about the situation. Hopefully, we can meet up at a logical middle ground and get some costumes for the ladies on Home. Of course, I make no promises on this as I am only one person and ultimately its their decision but we could at least try.

+ Thrasher20 on September 29th, 2010 at 11:34 pm said:

I love the Castlevania LoS

+ houdrummer on September 30th, 2010 at 1:43 am said:

SCION?????? pfffft, shoulda got a contract with Honda, to appeal to the masses. IMO Scions are girls cars.

+ Skrapshak on September 30th, 2010 at 3:59 am said:

If you are having trouble connecting to the PSN you should post in the Playstation.com forums. There are a lot of helpful people there.

There is also a knowledge base article about the error code you are getting. Check it out.

For tech support, in the future, the forums are the way to go. You’re not going to catch much help in the blog.

+ loadstone007 on September 30th, 2010 at 4:22 am said:

@Locust_Start – are there any plans to integrate Home with the XMB, similar to Xbox 360? Avatars and all…?

Please comment if possible.

+ S-E-G on September 30th, 2010 at 6:33 am said:

home is going nowhere
thanks to 3rd party developers we have a crap load of 3d chat rooms and clothing while Sony just lays back and cashes in

is there anything interesting coming to home besides 3d chat rooms and clothing?

+ Fly-boi_2009 on September 30th, 2010 at 7:08 am said:

thats all they put out every week is a bunch of clothes..Home isn’t going no where, there isnt a future, the future is Home going Die.

+ S-E-G on September 30th, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

microsoft bought second life
home still going nowhere

+ FormerPSfan on September 30th, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

The previous posters who stated women are often ignored are right to say so. it isn’t fair and should be fixed. The many bugs in home should be fixed as well. grief reporting, abstergo labs, gamer lounge and other things are well known as very buggy and need attention badly. If there were mods present more than 5 minutes every 6 months the grief reporting would be less of a problem. As it stands now home is the literal equivalent of the “society game” from that movie Gamer. This is not a good thing for SCE and even worse for those of us who make use of home. Remember legit users buy items in home on a regular basis where perverts & stalkers rarely if every do so. Do the math.

+ artform-fazeone on September 29th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

+ WaveLightning777 on September 29th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

Nooo…. an event while I’ve got YLoD…. Care to tell us how long the event will last?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on September 29th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

This event will be available over multiple weeks, though at one week increments (we will have it live for one week, then take it down for some time, and then reintroduce it later).

+ yazter on September 29th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

Nice! Any news on the trophy room?

+ Vex_Doppel on September 29th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

When do we get to stream music and video from our HDD into our personal space? Where’s that update?

+ TrueFFVIIFan on September 29th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

So, no Belmont costumes for female avatars? Only male?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on September 29th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

The Belmont costumes are male only.

+ TrueFFVIIFan on September 29th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

Oh, also, what’s up with Heavy Rain rewards/event…??? Still working on that? Or was it already fixed?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on September 29th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

We will launch the Heavy Rain event tomorrow. Our sincerest apologies for the delay.

+ ANGEL-OF-DOOM22 on September 29th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

cool update . will the scoin thing be similar to the thanks giving event? and what type of prizes can we expect? and the last thing, can you allow us to put items in the salt shooter game personal space? I have loads of sodium items including the telepads but cant place the in the proper themed personal space.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on September 29th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

The Scion event is similar to last year’s Thanksgiving event. For rewards, you’ll get multiple clothing items.

+ F-minus on September 29th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

Hmmm…. Ill be right back, im off to buy me a Scion… WAIT, WHAT!?!?! My credit score is to low, [DELETED].

+ kNoWlEdGe22 on September 29th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

Contra huh? Does that mean that Hard Corps is coming soon?

+ rejurg on September 29th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

How about a section in Home store for free items. A section just called “Free”.

+ SonsOfMonroe on September 29th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

I Fixed My YLOD Tues & I’m Ready For The Update !!!! Damn I’m Good.

+ Dedlock420 on September 29th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

I have a big question. Will we ever be able to put more than 2 “active” items in our personal spaces? I really want to be able to have my poker table, pool table, playground boom box & sneak attack together in 1 space. I love the new items that come out, but this limitation is getting quite annoying. Also, will we ever be able to stream movies in the clubhouses like Sony has said we will be able to?

+ ItoKimmons on September 29th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

How about the Heavy Rain video and reward you said was coming last week.

+ gman_harmon on September 29th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Oh, what a pleasant update. A wild-goose chase in the Central Plaza and all these funky new clothing items, while succintly sidestepping the issue of the promised Heavy Rain item and trailer in the Home Theatre. Won’t see another red cent from me tomorrow, that’s for sure.

+ MisterAV on September 29th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

ehm, the girl with the top seems a bit strange…

+ ChainedSkull1129 on September 29th, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

Awesome update guys, but no mention of Halloween stuff to kick off October. Was really looking forward to it.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on September 29th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

Stay tuned ;)

+ darkan12-nl on September 29th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

Omg Omg nice nice nice! looking forward for the second gamerindepht shoutouts! lockwood tops…..awesome a bellybutton piercing! yes!
wisphers.. heavy rain hhm? people keep on asking me to about it.;)
but anyway;
thank you Locust_star for again another great update!
Greetings eve

+ KarateChampChad on September 29th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

Not a bad update, will be looking forward to the Scion event in Central Plaza.

Might I ask, what’s the current situation with the Heavy Rain trailer from last week? Will that finally be added this week?

+ stardeth on September 29th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

@gman Well, what about a blue cent, or a yellow cent? Or maybe a cent from one of the non-primary colors? lol But yeah, let’s get serious here. Where’s the Heavy Rain content, Loc??? And for a blast from the past, whatever happened to the whole “we’re gonna keep lines of communication open with our users” rigamarole??? We give you TONS of ideas, through comments to your blog posts, the blog share, not to mention the forums, and the most we as a community get in return is, “oh, by the way, this is what y’all won’t be getting tomorrow, sorry bout that, yeah…”, or “hunh, doesn’t work? well, we’ll look into that…” Many of us spend our money on HOME (which we DO have to earn, it’s not just handed out like government cheese), and if we can’t get the interaction with the HOME crew about things we’d REALLY like to see, you’re making us wonder why we should even bother. Okay, maybe that’s my own opinion, but I’m willing to bet there are others who feel the same…

+ jason_rb on September 29th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

I hope one of the rewards is going to be a SCION to drive around in. My legs will be tired from all of that running around the CP.

More FREE ITEMS in the mall would be a nice new addition.

PAGE 1 2