The Last Guardian

Sep 30

Sep 30

Patch Alert: MAG 2.0 with PlayStation Move

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Manager, Zipper Interactive

The big day is here! The MAG 2.0 patch is now available with PlayStation Move support!

There is so much new content in MAG 2.0 that telling you how important or huge this is for the game, its fans, and for us seems unnecessary. Take one look at the changes listed here and you’ll understand why we’re calling this MAG 2.0.

Play the MAG Beta with Zipper!

PlayStation Move support, an increased level cap, our revamped skill tree, the new economy system, and our highly-demanded clan deploy feature are just the tip of the iceberg. There are so many fantastic new or improved items in MAG 2.0 it’s almost like a whole new game! Check out the patch notes on the MAG Blog to find the full list of updates.

A big thanks to all of you who have helped us get to this point with your support, your suggestions, and your mad Beta testing skills. We hope you have as much fun playing MAG 2.0 as we did making it.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Street_Killaz said:

September 30th, 10:09 am

Gotta love playstation move support!! Bad thing i stopped playing this game, but will give it a try with move!!

DANO69 said:

September 30th, 10:11 am

I’ll never own mag. And 95% likely socom 4 either.

Street_Killaz said:

September 30th, 10:13 am

ya right for sure getting socom 4!! i love zippers work!!

IGOTBUD said:

September 30th, 10:15 am

just got done downloading it sweeeettt

G-Force08 said:

September 30th, 10:24 am

Awesome, heading right on over to the PS3 and downloading the update now. I bet I’ll be using the Move more than the regular controller when playing MAG from now on.

lenandude said:

September 30th, 10:25 am

I think I’ll buy it. I really hope Move works well, since thats a huge selling point for me.

OliCad79 said:

September 30th, 10:26 am

Awesome, I wonder how it will perform with the Move. I’m rubbish enough with the controller!

RenegadeDevil said:

September 30th, 10:31 am

Dose this mean we can delete the Beta content?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

September 30th, 1:40 pm

We’ll be using the beta again one day, so I’d say hang onto the MAG Beta if you want to help us with future tests.

If you need the extra space on your HDD, though, the beta is still on the PS Store, so you could always get it again that way.

fwagglechop said:

September 30th, 10:31 am

@DANO69 – So why bother commenting? You don’t even mention why you wouldn’t own either of these games, all you have is a snarky post.

I stopped playing MAG because the controller sensitivity’s too low… I wind up being terrible at other games after playing MAG for any length of time. I’ll fire it up and see if there’s anything I can’t live without trying, but if the controller sensitivity maximum isn’t raised I probably won’t play it too long. :(

adolson said:

September 30th, 10:34 am

Nice, I’ll go start the update now.

I hope we get more FPS (and TPS) games supporting Move…

And that Auditorium game looks perfect for Move support.

mikedo2007 said:

September 30th, 10:34 am

FInally, the new update is here!!!

SinceByDarren said:

September 30th, 10:36 am

I stopped playing after I hit 60, but with the new skill tree and move support, plus new modes to try out, it is going to be fun to play through again.

Forever_Blake said:

September 30th, 10:39 am

Awesome, I’ve been anticipating this patch for a while now between playing MAG and listening to Zipline. Hopefully this doesn’t bring back the crowd that thought this was Call of Duty though. Brings down the experience astronomically. I’ll be sure to jump on MAG tonight after my Move controller has finished charging and I’ve completed some errands.

Zezzler said:

September 30th, 10:40 am

I probably will pick this up now. Move controls really interest me, and the price drop is just the incentive i need. Can’t wait to get it!

jvasq said:

September 30th, 10:44 am

NAKED MAG PARTY!! WHOS IN????

veddermatic said:

September 30th, 10:50 am

Can’t wait to hear if the changes move MAG out of it’s “Why bother with guns, KNIFE KNIFE KNIFE” phase… I sure hope so. I miss playing.

unstablefears said:

September 30th, 10:50 am

Nice :) Can’t wait to give it a try after work. Been wanting to try it with the PS Move.

stlcardinal9 said:

September 30th, 10:54 am

infinity ward take note this is how you support a game..

Sarno1605 said:

September 30th, 11:08 am

EVERY Game company needs to take not that THIS IS HOW TO SUPPORT YOUR GAMES

aVeRsioN_X said:

September 30th, 11:13 am

This has officially made me put MAG back into my PS3 and get back into an online shooter on console.

MAG will hold me off until SOCOM 4!

Sarno1605 said:

September 30th, 11:18 am

*not supposed to be Note….typo

Crypt-Raider said:

September 30th, 11:22 am

Awesome! will there be new trophies? like for hitting lvl 70?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

September 30th, 1:49 pm

We’re going to have new trophies in our next DLC pack, but not with this update

oWolfpacko said:

September 30th, 11:23 am

How many new maps?

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

September 30th, 1:50 pm

This update doesn’t have new maps, but we’ve made adjustments to almost all of the existing ones with 2.0

tenkbr said:

September 30th, 11:40 am

When launch the patch for non PS+ users to turn High Velocity Bowling compatible with Playstation Move?

Dardantuan said:

September 30th, 11:44 am

Wow, nice update. I have yet to try MAG out, so after reading this news I just hopped on ebay and bought myself a copy for only $15. I am really curious to see how Move will work with a FPS.

jcreaper666 said:

September 30th, 11:51 am

Man I haven’t played MAG in ages, not sure why,senseless booting that happens when playing, that and an auto boot for team killers, last time I played it tho, it wasn’t as fun as when I had originally bought the game and played it. Maybe when the game release gets slow again I’ll pick it up and start playing it again.

poodude said:

September 30th, 11:54 am

Well, I know what I’ll be playing this weekend.

letherclad said:

September 30th, 12:01 pm

This is awesome, I’m glad you’re supporting MAG like this, it really deserves it. I can’t wait to get back in with the Move!

Sarno1605 said:

September 30th, 12:05 pm

Is the patch working? It doesn’t work for me right now….must be more sever issues.

remanutd5 said:

September 30th, 12:05 pm

im having a hard time trying to mastering the game with MOVE but im loving the challenge lol

letherclad said:

September 30th, 12:07 pm

I really hope there is a sensitivity setting for the move controller…

Airwalkinman17 said:

September 30th, 12:19 pm

I wanna buy this game now, but I wanna know how the game handles with MOVE support.
I didn’t see anything other than it saying something along the lines of, “MAG now has fully functioning MOVE support”

I want to know if the bounding box can be tightened and if the turning speeds can be sped up. The MOVE is all about precision, so I’d like that to be demonstrated. That or any other information, a video maybe, would be great. Thanks

This might be what I need to convince me to buy a MOVE controller. And MAG.

pitythefool852 said:

September 30th, 12:19 pm

I might just pick this one up. I’m torn between this one and RE5 Gold.

I’m sitting at home now looking at my shiny Move controller, and I think I’ve finally figured out why Sony are so confident in this accessory…

It works for so many game genres, and it can potentially replace a whole load of other accessories. One controller can be a light gun, a sword, and, as I just found out from the Beat Sketchers demo, an amazingly accurate paint brush.

Has anyone tried Move in MAG yet? How is the pointer speed and accuracy? The brush in Beat Sketcher so accurate that I have better handwriting in this game than in real life :D I hope MAG is as good.

TheGuardianFID said:

September 30th, 12:21 pm

Sweet, I was in the beta, I’m glad the day is finally here, thanks Zipper!!! 8)

emiru69 said:

September 30th, 12:37 pm

Did anyone tried this new update yet? How are the Move controls working? thanks!

HJayZ91 said:

September 30th, 12:44 pm

So does the Greatest Hits version already have the 2.0 patch on it? I don’t want to get it they download several big ass patches before I can even play.
please clear this up, thanks.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

September 30th, 1:51 pm

No — Greatest Hits version isn’t a remaster; same disc as original box

TheXoy said:

September 30th, 12:51 pm

Move controls work great! They’re a little awkward at first, but the accuracy is amazing and once you get it down it really breathes new life into the game. Almost feels like I’m playing with a mouse and keyboard which is a win in my book!

thombo1066 said:

September 30th, 12:55 pm

I’ve been playing with the Move and it’s fun. The one thing I notice (and there may be a way to change this setting) is that you have to point toward the sides of the screen to look. In other words, the cross-hairs are not always in the center of the screen as they are with the analogue stick.

But it’s fun. Has anyone played RUSE yet with the move? I hope Civ 5 comes out on PS3.

sagejonathan said:

September 30th, 12:55 pm

YES! Ive been waiting for you! This update has massive improvements. Cant wait to check it out.

Romm1963 said:

September 30th, 12:57 pm

Slow slow download. Might be my connection though. Lost connection to PS network twice already. One hour 30%. Should be worth it.

S-E-G said:

September 30th, 2:09 pm

give up on it already

Lord_Von_Punx said:

September 30th, 2:09 pm

WoW all that stuff and you guys could not add the ablity to turn off the H.U.D?
Or at least make it transparant. MAJOR FAIL! I didn’t buy this game because you can’t
Turn off the h.u.d. and when I heard about move support and a new big patch I thought
Hey I’ll pick this up .. If you added the abilty to turn off the H.U.D. thanks for saving me cash!

thewindowsguy said:

September 30th, 2:14 pm

This is a question to Jeremy, is there an estimated release date for this update?

Arcadian_Rebel said:

September 30th, 2:19 pm

I love you, Zipper and MAG! :D MAG all the way, baby!

warezIbanez said:

September 30th, 2:19 pm

@43, you can turn a portion of it off by holding down on the Select button…

Lord_Von_Punx said:

September 30th, 2:47 pm

No good I want it all off is it really that hard zipper to patch that in?

ruleterren said:

September 30th, 2:53 pm

Nice! Donwloading it now, my purchase playstation move and i will definetly toy around with the new features!

EggySong85 said:

September 30th, 3:05 pm

So glad you guys have continued to support MAG even though it isn’t subscription or anything.
Are there any plans to patch in the ability to shoot through certain walls? Is there a hardcore mode that will let you fall an opponent with 1-2 shots instead of 5-6? I don’t understand how you can be killed instantly with a dagger when everyone can endure so many gunshots… but I am barely level 6 so maybe that changes.

Jeremy Dunham's Avatar

Jeremy Dunham said:

September 30th, 3:17 pm

MAG 2.0 has changed the damage values for a lot of things, including the knife — there are also other factors, like armor, health, and what skills you have equipped that modify how quickly someone is taken out (particularly with the 2.0 update

So if you’re talking about pre-2.0, see above.
    If you mean post-2.0, you have a lot to unlock, mess around with

CapinChronic said:

September 30th, 3:17 pm

Thank you so much Zipper guys/gals for your continued support of MAG this is my GOTY by far. I’ve logged 500+ hrs so far and it never gets old and with every update the game just keeps getting better and better. I hope you guys offer Interdiction to Plus members at a discount or something because nobody plays it any more and I really enjoy that game type… Again THANK YOU SOO MUCH ZIPPER KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! :)

CapinChronic said: