Far Cry 4

Coming to PlayStation Plus: Free Downloads of Bloons, Burn Zombie Burn, Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee

Grace Chen's Avatar + Posted by Grace Chen on Oct 06, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi everyone,

The fall season is notoriously known as a busy time for gamers. With games like Gran Turismo 5 and God of War: Ghost of Sparta releasing in the next month, PlayStation Plus gives gamers an opportunity to revisit some other PlayStation classics. Check out the upcoming items below and happy gaming!

PlayStation Plus subscribers will receive free downloads for Bloons, the highly addictive flash game turned minis, Burn Zombie Burn and Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee. Finally, any PlayStation Home visitors looking for PlayStation Plus items? After you have downloaded Burn Zombie Burn, be sure to check out the free Burn Zombie Burn Home item.

As always, a quick friendly reminder to check out the free downloads of Echoes – minis, Zen Pinball, and Syphon Filter 3, which will be pulled off of the PlayStation Plus section on October 19.

PlayStation Plus retail card: 3 monthsPlayStation Plus retail card: 1 year

Also, look for the new PlayStation Plus membership cards in a store near you! The new PlayStation Plus cards bring all of the subscription benefits to your fingertips quickly and easily and provide access to the special discounts, automatic downloads, full game trials and exclusive content available to PlayStation Plus members. The cards will be available this month at Target, GameStop, Walmart and Best Buy. The new PlayStation Plus cards make a great gift for the holidays and are available in designations of $17.99 (3 month membership) and $49.99 (1-year membership).

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 10/19:

Free Games

Discounted Games

• Everyday Shooter (50% off)
  • Everyday Shooter (PSP Game) (50% off)
  • Shienryu (Japanese PS1 Imports) (50% off)
  • Tall Unlimited (Japanese PS1 Imports) (50% off)

Free Themes

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on October 19th:

Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers

• Echoes – minis
  • Zen Pinball
  • Syphon Filter 3 (PS one Classic)
  • Shades of Autumn Theme

Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers

134 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ KainDrake on October 6th, 2010 at 4:08 pm said:

I guess the Playstation Plus membership cards are an okay idea, but unlike Microsoft’s XBOX Live cards, I don’t see the point. Before anyone gets on my case, I do not own an XBOX 360 and I don’t prefer one over the other. I’m just asking, why would someone buy a PS+ membership card when they could do the exact same thing by getting a PSN card and use that money to subscribe to PS+? Either way, you are using the same money. XBOX doesn’t use Microsoft Points to pay for XBOX Live; it uses actual money that if a person doesn’t want to use their credit card, they could just get an XBOX Live card. That’s how PSN cards are, if you don’t want to use a credit card, get a PSN card. I do not see the same thing with a PS+ card because someone that got a PSN card to put money in their PSN account could just use that money to buy a PS+ subscription. So what does a PS+ membership card offer me that a PSN card doesn’t?

+ footballrule on October 6th, 2010 at 4:13 pm said:

Even I have admit, PS Plus is not doing to well, and most (including myself) want a refund. You will get what you paid for, but it isn’t content that i’m really interested in. I’m stuck with PS Plus till next October so hopefully it will get better.

+ footballrule on October 6th, 2010 at 4:14 pm said:

EU PS Plus members get way better content that us. They all got the Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Beta test, and only select PS Plus members here in the U.S got invites. When our PS Plus is about equal to EU, then I will think about re-subscribing next year. Maybe then less people will want refunds.

Again, sorry, but i’m being honest.

+ DA_SHREDDER on October 6th, 2010 at 4:22 pm said:

I like the idea of ps+, but everything I’ve seen so far has not justified a purchase from me. Why dont you guys at Sony just add cross game chat? That right there would be enough for me to give you $50, even $60 dollars. Every time I see more worthless update just makes me realize that ps+ would be nothing more than a waste of money.

+ El_Hoardo on October 6th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

@101

Live cards are on sale a lot. Maybe PS+ cards will be too.

+ cfountain on October 6th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

i already have BZB…i may resubscribe next month I guess.

+ NintendoTim on October 6th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

I’m not hating on PS+, but the 1-year card…it seems a bit deceptive that you don’t have the price on the front like the 3-month card does.

“Best Value” may be true – you save $22 overall if you buy the 1-year card as opposed to four, 3-year cards – but not having the price on there? A tad shady, honestly.

+ favian on October 6th, 2010 at 4:56 pm said:

Where do i go to download the assassin’s creed beta that was promised for all psn plus subscribers? Is it in the psn plus download section of the store?

+ favian on October 6th, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

psn imports is the most exciting feature of psn for me. One of those features i thought they’d never implement is officially real. I’ve grabbed 3 of games so far and very satisfied. Hoping they put “Gunner’s heaven” on the store. No english necessary to enjoy. (An amazing Sony Game)

+ death1292 on October 6th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

playstation plus is great only been a member for a week and got the batas they said you will get

+ Seiven on October 6th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

WOOHOO ODDWORLD…GREAT GAME…thanks PSN+ team

+ Lord_Ka1n on October 6th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

@ the other kain.

probably for people who dont want that extra change collecting digital dust in their digital wallets.

+ jvasq on October 6th, 2010 at 5:56 pm said:

cool. i already own bzb but still cool to see it on plus. question: does anyone know who won that contest they had for the trip to france

+ SUPERGAMER247 on October 6th, 2010 at 7:03 pm said:

assassins creed brotherhood beta complainers CHECK YOUR EMAILS

+ El_Hoardo on October 6th, 2010 at 7:07 pm said:

@110

Seriously? You’ve had Plus for one week and you’ve received the Assassin’s Creed AND the Red Faction beta?

I’ve been a Plus member since the first month and I’ve got neither. Nice Sony. Not only are some people not getting betas, but other people are gettin TWO.

Yet another reason why Plus is a joke.

+ Lou0wnZ on October 6th, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

@114
i checked. nothing there. anything more?^^

+ SUPERGAMER247 on October 6th, 2010 at 8:59 pm said:

I had alway wished that I had bought burn zombie burn when it was half of… problem solved!

+ SUPERGAMER247 on October 6th, 2010 at 9:10 pm said:

@116 sorry its just that there ranting on every psn related post’s comments ( i got my code as if it was preorder too weirdly( didn’t preorder( I already got into the assassins creed beta and the exclusive dead space 2 beta within a month of buying plus lol( that was the one request we got go on tonight and make it happen)

+ jeymz on October 7th, 2010 at 5:23 am said:

Great update, I’m glad to see how awesome the lineup for playstation plus has been getting, keep up the good work!

+ Simco876 on October 7th, 2010 at 6:08 am said:

Love Plus and I am happy with everything they Plus has had to offer.

The only problem is your “exclusive betas”. Some people get them and some don’t? Seems like a racket, buy Plus and HOPE you get into exclusive Betas.

+ Big_Evil_Donut on October 7th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

awesome, can’t wait to find those new PlayStation Plus membership cards in a store near me!

+ EvilRubberDuck on October 7th, 2010 at 7:52 pm said:

@105

El_Hoardo would know about all of the sales…

A true CAG legend.

+ b00kthree on October 7th, 2010 at 9:38 pm said:

I stay pretty quiet, but wanted to thank those involved for keeping a pretty good variety of content for Plus subscribers.

We don’t play M-rated titles at our house, so Burn Zombie Burn and certain oft-requested betas don’t score any points with us. We liked Critter Crunch, Aero Racers, Mushroom Wars and some others. It seems like the most vocal and repeated pleas tend to favor more violent games. I just wanted to chime in that there are some family-friendly game fans in the subscriber base too, and we like to see quality games of that sort regularly too.

I realize you can’t please everybody all the time, but I’m sure you’re trying. Thanks.

+ Guatemal on October 8th, 2010 at 6:19 am said:

I believe in having enough confidence in one’s product to offer a pro-rated discount to dissatisfied customers who wish to cancel. This could perhaps be the greatest feature that could be added to the service.

+ Big_Tex2 on October 8th, 2010 at 8:04 am said:

I tried to download Burn Zombie Burn yesterday (10-07-10) as a free title through Playstation Plus, but it wasn’t in the Playstation Plus category.

Anyone else have this problem?

+ ViolentPhlegm on October 8th, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

@125 Big_Tex2: BZB is in the October 19 update. This post is the Playstation Plus preview.

+ MortemCaine on October 9th, 2010 at 11:50 pm said:

Too bad I bought Burn Zombie Burn way back. Still, for anyone who doesn’t have it, it’s a really fun game.
It’s been like 10 years since I played Oddworld so I’m likin’ that.
And those minis, I’ve gotten all of the ones that were free for PS+ and only like maybe two (Age of Zombies and Blast Off are the only ones that come to mind) but hey, a free game is a free game.
But despite some of the content being stupid and/or worthless to some people, I have so far gotten over $100 of free stuff and my PS+ membership isn’t even half way up so I’d say it’s a decent deal.
All they need to do now is make it so any other players besides 1st player can log in a profile and collect their own trophies (kinda like xbox) and cross-game-chat like we’ve been asking for SINCE PS3 CAME OUT!!!

+ Gordunk on October 10th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

For all those people who keep saying “Oh…this update doesn’t have a game I want, ps+ must suck” have to realize that you knew when signing up for this service that you wouldn’t like every game that you would get(at least I hope so). You also knew that you wouldn’t get a choice as to which games you would get(I have hated all the PSOne classics and half the minis so far). If you don’t like the fact that you don’t get a choice, don’t pay for it. It’s that easy.

+ AznFighterJendou on October 10th, 2010 at 10:09 pm said:

For those who commented on M$’s new improvement for their console need to stop gripping about needing change on PS3’s XMB. Unless you have programming skill, it not that easy, considering that XMB is Sony’s first attempted at an OS.

Also, the XMB is already perfect the way it is. Also, the change needed isn’t really needed. You’re all just too lazy to appreciate what is given to you. If this keep up, the generation soon ain’t either probably figure out a puzzle.

FYI: Beta for AC: Brotherhood already out. And I just noticed the date, so don’t blame me. Also, most of those release, Sony has to negotiate with the devs before releasing it for free for the PSN+ subscriber, no?

Beside, not everyone has the PS games that been out…BTW, when is Future Cop: LAPD gonna come out for us USA?

+ kingpogo on October 12th, 2010 at 10:35 am said:

this is bull*** UK gets all the fallout 3 downloadable content for free…

+ playastann on October 12th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

Screw the rest I’m just waiting on Gran Turismo !

+ playastann on October 12th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

Gran Turismo 5 is all I want!

+ blankko7 on October 13th, 2010 at 11:01 pm said:

I´m sorry but I´m really pissed off, I just checked the PSN Store for Europe and Plus memebers are receiving 3 DLC’s for fallout 3 and Super Street Figher 2 HD not to mention they received the demo for Castlevania Lord of Shadows 2 weeks before us AND the AC Brotherhood beta 1 week before

I´m not trying to be a troll here but except for Age of Zombies and Kahoots we get the worst ranked Minis and the PsOne classics aren’t any better in fact the Europe guys received Abe’s Oddysee months ago while the best thing we have received so far are Syphon Filter 1 and 3 and they´re both pretty out of phase by now

Please people we are also paying here, throw us a bone instead of treating us like second hand customers

+ Cyb3rfr34k-iso on October 15th, 2010 at 5:30 pm said:

is this mean no add-on for us this month?

PAGE 1 2 3