PS4-The Order

Dead Nation Online Co-op Confirmed, Special Zombies Revealed

Ilari Kuittinen's Avatar + Posted by Ilari Kuittinen on Oct 07, 2010 // CEO Housemarque

Ladies and gentlemen! Today I would like to confirm that Dead Nation does indeed feature online co-op play! You will be able to team up with your friends either sharing the same couch or via the PlayStation Network against the undead invasion and start blasting thousands of zombies into pieces and piling up the bodies. All of this and much more is included in Dead Nation, check out the Know Your Enemy trailer.

Originally, online co-op wasn’t going to be included as a launch feature, as the schedule and resources didn’t allow it. However, after many late night play testing sessions and long talks with Sony Computer Entertainment, we decided that this was a must-have feature and it would be unfair to you if we launched without it! At this point, our coders went from working 12 hour days to working 16 hour days as well as weekends! Fortunately I think what we came up works really well. Check out these new co-op screenshots and see for yourself!

Dead Nation for PS3: Online co-op

The online co-op fully matches the offline experience. Enjoy the full co-op experience with hundreds of on-screen zombies, huge explosions, blowing up zombies into a plethora of pieces and bloody entrails scattered around.

Dead Nation for PS3: Online co-op

In addition to the coders working non-stop, the designers and artists felt it was only fair to throw themselves into the mix and created big gameplay levels with tons of replay value, adding weapon upgrade system and cool weapons to bring a new tactical dimension to the gameplay.

Dead Nation for PS3: Online co-op

Dead Nation will be released exclusively on PSN. Watch this space for further info!

PAGE 1 2

+ Victoryismine52 on October 7th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

Loved the Beta this is a day one purchase for me!

+ dehumanizer_666 on October 7th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

I’m so excited to play this game, Hopefully we’ll see it next week or a week before Halloween!

+ BigBoss712 on October 7th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

Just what i wanted to hear. :)

+ spideyal on October 7th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

Loved the little Beta you guys sent out a while back, and after that I’ll definitely be picking this up. Plus, co-op ftw!

+ Link01 on October 7th, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

I can’t wait for a date :)

+ Frazz on October 7th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

Why not hire more coders. Wouldn’t it be more effective to have 2 people work 8 hour days than 1 work 16. Im sure they love there job but man that would suck. BEYOND!!!

+ Frazz on October 7th, 2010 at 11:57 am said:

O and I will reward you efforts with a day one purchase

+ gumi42 on October 7th, 2010 at 12:01 pm said:

The beta was awesome and now a confirmation on online co-op, day one purchase for me. All we need now is a release date.

Soon Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ KwietStorm on October 7th, 2010 at 12:05 pm said:

Tears of joy .. And why are people still asking about trophies? Its 2010

+ Gitaroo on October 7th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

this game need to be release by Halloween!!!!

+ Street_Killaz on October 7th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

im for sure getting this cant wait!!

+ hush404 on October 7th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

I’ve been waiting quite a white for Dead Nation :) I skipped stuff like ZA cuz I knew DA would kick it’s butt :P Can’t wait!

+ Mosh_Pit on October 7th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

BOOMER!!!!

+ kNoWlEdGe22 on October 7th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

I’ve been looking forward to this one since it was announced… after Super Star Dust HD, I’m paying attention to anything Housemarque is working on… Very happy to have online (and local) co-op… the game looks like it’s shaping up nicely and I can’t wait to get my hands on it!!! Hopefully we’ll see it this year! Thanks to everyone at Housemarque for all the extra hours and hard work!

+ KwietStorm on October 7th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Prayers have been answered. Thanks for all the [extra] hard work.

+ iamKelly on October 7th, 2010 at 1:27 pm said:

Looking forward to this game. I love Super Stardust HD, but I wasn’t terribly impressed with the Zombie Apocalypse demo.

After watching this trailer, though, I can’t help but think of Left 4 Dead… Inspiration is one thing, but then the Bombie?

Not that I am going to complain. I don’t do well with FPS’s and much prefer these kinds of arcade shooters. Definitely keeping an eye out on this.

+ xaos on October 7th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

You know, launching around Halloween, when The Walking Dead is starting on AMC, seems like a pretty natural bit of synergy to me

+ Rayziel on October 7th, 2010 at 1:52 pm said:

I loved Super Stardust HD and obviously this is gonna be a 1st day buy.
Housemarque is a great developer,thanks guys!

PS
Any word on a Super Stardust HD sequel?? :P

+ CanuckTDR on October 7th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

Usually I abstain from buying zombie games, but this one actually looks amazing! Can’t wait til it hits the PSN.

How many maps are there with it?

+ xNemesiSx on October 7th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

looking forward to this game, i really hope they announce a release date soon. The game looks fun!

+ zlihunger on October 7th, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

it looks really similar to Left 4 Dead…

+ smokey_vols on October 7th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

Round of applause for the coders who are working those hours to get us this feature. You better be keeping them supplied with Monster drinks and all the Tylenol they want working those hours.

+ supvic on October 7th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

Will we ever get a 4 player mode?

+ wolfzero1 on October 7th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

game looks fun, can’t wait

+ SarshelYam on October 7th, 2010 at 4:06 pm said:

Man I was sad when the BETA ended…it’s soooooooooooooo good! Without a doubt, DAY ONE!

+ Kxpuc on October 7th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

Huzzay

+ snaggdadon on October 7th, 2010 at 4:15 pm said:

online co op !!!sold!!!!!! day one

+ cfountain on October 7th, 2010 at 4:45 pm said:

online co-op! i usually avoid 15 dollar games on drop day but for this i’ll make an exception due to my love of Housemarque and Supe Stardust HD. now we just need a release date…

+ Pelt_Hunter on October 7th, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

You couldn’t stoke me more for this. Been waiting a year +. Right around the time I was crazy for Left 4 Dead. I’m seriously dying for this. A good release date would be before Halloween… *cough*

+ Thrill_Kill on October 7th, 2010 at 6:45 pm said:

It looks like it should be a good game. I just hope you keep the live FMV in the game that was shown in the trailer. I really like it when real FMV is added to horror games. :)

+ KILLZONE79 on October 7th, 2010 at 7:05 pm said:

@ 31 correction sid shuman

not all PS3 games have trophies im talking about launch titles from 2006, 2007, 2008

+ EVERYTHING26 on October 7th, 2010 at 7:34 pm said:

So I’m curious, sure you don’t know release date/ window of release but is there any talk or consideration of giving us PSN+ people a % off the starting price?

+ SHINSPIKES on October 7th, 2010 at 7:54 pm said:

Just 2 players?

+ DrBingogh on October 7th, 2010 at 7:57 pm said:

Day 1 purchase for sure. Played it at E3 and loved it.

+ Street_Killaz on October 7th, 2010 at 8:48 pm said:

This looks like Left4dead but even better! Left4dead so boring after awhile!! Im sure this game will be alote more fun!!

+ killit649 on October 8th, 2010 at 12:46 am said:

didnt like super stardust, but this looks good, dont know about 14.99 for the price. i hope pluse members get a discount.

+ killit649 on October 8th, 2010 at 12:47 am said:

how do u get the beta?

+ LightningBlade18 on October 8th, 2010 at 12:58 am said:

EXCELLENT! I can’t wait for the game. Thanks for all your hard work! ^_^

+ EagleEyeSamurai on October 8th, 2010 at 6:19 am said:

This. Well played.

+ StrykerIsland on October 8th, 2010 at 8:36 am said:

Online coop?

SOLD. Day one. Please have clean voice chat. Sucks that to this day we still can’t have good voice chat in every game. EA’s NHL series, I’m looking at you.

Resistance 2 and Burnout Paradise are still the champs.

Please work hard to have great voice chat!

+ Shadowsquirrel on October 8th, 2010 at 11:50 am said:

looks awesome, glad you guys added in the Multiplayer right off the bat! the price point,however, could use a slight revision.

Or was it 10$ befor u guys decided to add the multiplayer…

+ jorgemaltrain on October 9th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

Two questions. First, offline co-op too?
And second, any estimate date?
I’ll buy this for sure!!!

+ phantomballa on October 9th, 2010 at 11:58 am said:

when will the game come out,i want it:]

+ Luck-God on October 12th, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

best game out so far this year.. dlc :) cant wait

+ PoetSaskia on October 25th, 2010 at 11:32 am said:

“grab Super Stardust HD off PSN (plus the Solo expansion pack), try out the Endless mode, and you’ll get a taste of the gameplay that’s in store for Dead Nation.” Hold on there! I was just saying how what this game needed to be perfect was an endless mode. I love endless games; I would rather play a game I can’t beat than one I can. Can you elaborate on what this game has in common with endless mode? Will this game have an endless mode of its own? Please tell me I’m dying to know!

PAGE 1 2