PS4 - Transistor

Killzone 3 Beta Starts on October 25th: Here’s Your Chance to Get In!

Victor Zuylen's Avatar + Posted by Victor Zuylen on Oct 07, 2010 // Editor, Killzone Community

Yes, the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial really is coming! Just like its predecessor, the multiplayer mode for Killzone 3 will be put through rigorous testing at the hands of the toughest, most demanding critics in existence: you, the fans. The Trial starts on October 25th and access is limited to 5,000 U.S. Plus subscribers, so please read the following instructions carefully if you want to know how to secure a spot in the Public Beta:

• Be(come) a Plus subscriber
  • With the exception of a handful of key media partners and selected PAX feedback participants, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is limited to PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not enjoying the many benefits of Plus membership yet, now’s the time to sign up!
  • Download the theme
  • On October 19th, an exclusive Killzone 3 XMB Theme will appear in the Plus section of the PlayStation Store. The first 10,000 Plus subscribers to download this theme (5,000 U.S. Plus subscribers and 5,000 European Plus subscribers) will receive access to the Public Beta Trial.
  • Check your email
  • After you’ve downloaded the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on Oct. 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions through the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID. Make sure you’ve set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCE, or we won’t be able to contact you.

Those of you who make it into the Public Beta Trial are expected to provide honest gameplay feedback, report bugs and glitches, and help test our network code in real-world scenarios. In short, we’re counting on you to help us improve Killzone 3! In return you’ll get a good taste of the multiplayer mode, including its brand-new Operations game type, party system, and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles.

And if that doesn’t convince you to take a shot at the Public Beta Trial, maybe this new trailer will:

PAGE 1 2 3 18

+ freekNasty- on October 7th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

:o

+ purplestream on October 7th, 2010 at 10:04 am said:

wow you guys really ask people to be a plus member just to get in the beta? or is that the other option? please explain

+ Skater_Ricky on October 7th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

Sweet I hope I get In this Beta :D

+ BlindsideDork on October 7th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

How many PS+ members are there?

I have to work that night and PlayStation hates the East Coast and updates late at night :(

+ Demonic_Clown on October 7th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

FINALLY someone showing some respect to PS+ members. Ill be sure to be quick about downloading that theme!

+ bdavid81 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

I’ll be partaking in it. The game is quite fun from the small portion of the single player that I’ve tried. Already have a PS+ membership so I’m good to go there.

+ VJKdotCC on October 7th, 2010 at 10:05 am said:

do i need to start refreshing the store now?!??!?!? yyaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy

Victor Zuylen's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 7th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

10/19 is when the Theme goes live :)

+ DeathSoldier11 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

Wow, thanks for nothing…

+ xHaVoC83x on October 7th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

Forcing people to pay for PS+ just to be apart of the beta?! FAIL SONY!

+ Azurium on October 7th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

this will be mine so bad.

+ Devine-Comedy on October 7th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

This is great!

+ Mobius_124 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Cool, cant wait.

+ Nintendo451 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Will the theme be free or will it cost a few bucks?

Victor Zuylen's Avatar

+ Aryeh Loeb on October 7th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

The theme will be free to download, but only available for Plus members.

+ ChocoDK on October 7th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

You lost me at the point where you told me I had to be a Playstation Plus Subscriber. Sorry that is not happening Sony. You really should give a limited amount of beta keys to non-Plus members.

+ Skv007 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:07 am said:

Oh, wow first 5k people?
Well, sorry for having a life.
There goes my beta invite :(

+ VashioKun on October 7th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

Glad to see my plus working for betas now

+ BurntOrange32 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

Why does the Playstation Store always have to update during my Chem Lab? Hopefully I get out quick enough! :(

+ Shakatu on October 7th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

Need to have Plus? Well I’ll be in the beta never.

+ SiloEyes on October 7th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

$50-60 for a “chance” to get in the beta by downloading some theme. Why make everything so complicated and unnecessary? No thanks.

+ BlooodyCow on October 7th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

Wow, this is a slap in the face to everyone that cannot wait up until 10PM Eastern time to download the theme. Once again, Sony marketing and PlayStation Store team failed.

+ usalborg on October 7th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

Excellent news :) I subscribed to plus yesterday and it is already showing the benefit :) One question, will all Plus subscriber get the beta or only selective ones?

+ A__Z__T__E__C__A on October 7th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

so if i am not a plus member i cant get into the beta?

come on guerilla how about your hardcore fans who dont want to buy the plus membership??

are you just going to ignore us?

+ DeMolay88 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

What will the beta consist of?

+ ArcaneAltair on October 7th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

I expect the store will probably crash or something when this goes live, lol.

Looking forward to checking out the beta.

+ Mobius_124 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

Will the Beta be in 3d as well?

Victor Zuylen's Avatar

+ Aryeh Loeb on October 7th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

Nope, this is a gameplay test for us. we need to make it as good as it can be.

+ philjal on October 7th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

Elitism much?

+ CrazedCake on October 7th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

If i only had 50$

+ Zookey on October 7th, 2010 at 10:10 am said:

Move support in beta?

Victor Zuylen's Avatar

+ Aryeh Loeb on October 7th, 2010 at 10:14 am said:

Nope, this Beta is all about gameplay. Move and 3D are not supported here.

+ Skater_Ricky on October 7th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

I hope Im Off Work by then to Download the Theme because it’s Not Fair to the PlayStation Plus Subscribers that won’t get in After all allot of Reasons people like myself Subscribed would be to get even better chances at getting in Beta’s and Submit my Feedback to Them.

Hope my Chances are High :D

+ CrazedCake on October 7th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

also i have money i am just not spending 50$ because i am saving up for game of the year games this month plus medal of honor

+ Dragonzblaze on October 7th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

im a playstation plus subscriber and downloading theme ASAP love killzone cant wait to test it out

+ Darvan on October 7th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

Yes! Killzone Beta

+ Tony2519 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

sure show love to those who have disposable income…not your poor loyal fans

+ rgoff31 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

This was one of the major reasons I signed up for PSN+
Thank You.

Any word on how long the beta will last?
A few weeks? A few Months?

Victor Zuylen's Avatar

+ Aryeh Loeb on October 7th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

Your welcome!
    The Beta will last for as long as we need to get good feedback.

+ VJKdotCC on October 7th, 2010 at 10:12 am said:

@7 yeah i was just joking hah, will this b in 3d?

+ Skater_Ricky on October 7th, 2010 at 10:13 am said:

=======================================
@usalborg

ONLY the FIRST 5000 US and FIRST 5000 EUROPE PlayStation Plus Subscribers will get in by downloading a Theme from the PlayStation Store in the PlayStation Plus Section.

=======================================

+ LaZy_GiRL on October 7th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

ps plus member? hahahha wow
then i guess i’m just gonna wait til the game comes out. btw u guys banned me from ur facebook page for no reason…

+ King4Ransom on October 7th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

if I sign up for the 3 months PSN Plus package would I be able to receive the beta key for this game?

+ MadmanV10 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

This is yet another ploy to trick people into paying for Plus, but giving only a fraction of a percent the actual benefits outlined here.

DO NOT BUY PLUS. This is a SCAM!

5000 in NA? Thats utter ****. Sorry, but Sony, you’re really messing this up, and how on earth do you not see that, when you have scads of people coming to this blog and unanimously screaming such things at the top of their virtual lungs.

I will be cancelling my renewal of Plus. This is an atrocity, and Ps3 is doomed because you were too short sighted to see the actual potential of a service you offered. This could have easily put PSN over the XBL bar, but instead you’ve floundered and have left us wanting nothing but for you to keep to your original, menial promises.

+ arbain2203 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

will it be available for psn asia ?

+ Dumad on October 7th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

This is nuts, PSN Plus has failed to achieve the sales they want and now, they try to boost the sales by only releasing beta keys with some “requirements”…

In this case I’m actually paying 17 dollars (3 months subscription) to earn a beta key, also with the hope that the XMB theme they are going to release doesn’t cost anything, if not, this is the most expensive beta key I ever heard about.

Thanks Sony, really appreciated.

+ Richlando on October 7th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

Alienate the ppl who cant be home at that timeframe? Good idea..I’m not interested in KZ3 Beta only LBP2 beta and FFXIV betas but why not just give it to all US plus subscribers and a “select few” EU+???? Even things out and then stop picking sides on future betas..just a thought.

+ Xer0Signal on October 7th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

come on, we all knew the Killzone 3 beta would be for Plus subscribers only.

and honestly, this was the beta that i thought would bring me into Plus.

but, only the first 5,000 have a chance to get in?

amazing.

+ drdre74 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

So even if you are a plus member your chances are still slim to none. You have to be one of the first 5k people to download the theme. I guess I’ll just have to wait for it to hit shelfs.

+ ItaChu on October 7th, 2010 at 10:15 am said:

aww no fair :( only + guys again no K3Beta for me then :D

+ Tyrsis on October 7th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

Tony2519, if you didn’t have any disposable income, you wouldn’t have a PS3.

Why all the crying about being a Plus subscriber? You want cool benefits? Join the club.

+ rawstory on October 7th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

Wow.

I bought the plus thing but you want me to keep checking a store you don’t refresh at a consistent time.

This might be the biggest jerk move Sony has pulled yet.

Playstation Plus subscribers gotta waste hours to play a damn beta that should be free to everyone…like xbox betas mostly are.

+ wolverinevsx23 on October 7th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

I paid for PSN+ therefore I should be entitled to any beta Sony offers, that being Killzone 3. If not I’m calling customer support and demanding a refund for $49.99. This was one of the features that was promised to PSN+ paying subscribers already. That is nonsense that the first 5000 people that have PSN+ get it by downloading a theme. Some people do work and have other obligations when the Playstation Store updates.

+ Anddo on October 7th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

Killzone 3 beta :)

Need to have PS+ :(

Yeah, thanks anyway :|

+ urban_spyder on October 7th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

Sony, you are handling this PS+ horribly wrong. You write that PS+ will have exclusive access to the demos as a perk, while this is true, you still only select a FEW of those PS+ members.

I am sorry you limiting the DEMOS/beta on popular titles to only a few of the people who pay for a service that promises them demos is a mistake and will severely hinder how many people sign up for PS+.

This is the second game I would have loved to have tried as a PS+ member but have failed to get me to sign up because I probably wouldn’t get to play it anyways.

Rethink how you handle delivering DEMOS to PS+ members and you might get some people to sign up for it.

PAGE 1 2 3 18