Minecraft PS4

DC Universe Online: New York Comic Con panel, trailer

Wes Yanagi's Avatar + Posted by Wes Yanagi on Oct 08, 2010 // Senior Producer, Sony Online Entertainment Austin

I know that a lot of you are bummed that we have to delay DC Universe Online to 2011, but we think it’s really gonna pay off. With the delay and expanding beta, it will give us a chance to test and scale our servers and take feedback from the players so we can deliver a killer experience when the servers go live.

In the meantime, just in time for the New York Comic Con, here’s a new sizzle trailer for DC Universe Online! This one’s got it all: Heroes, Villains, Icons, combat, the whole shebang!

Also, the official DC Universe Online Facebook page will be showcasing a live stream of the DCUO panel discussion at 6:30 pm Eastern Time on *Saturday, October 9th* featuring legendary artist Jim Lee, DC Universe Online Game Director Chris Cao and DCUO Art Director Mark Anderson. Don’t miss it! *You can listen here.

22 Comments

+ Zezzler on October 8th, 2010 at 10:03 am said:

Will there be a PS3 Beta? and if so, how do we get in?

+ Richlando on October 8th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

I applied for that beta a while back. Any chance you will be adding more testers soon?

+ Ar4chNova89 on October 8th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

I really hope this game gets pushed in terms of marketing. Lately it seems most MMOs that come out just get crushed by the giant elephant in the room known as World of Warcraft.

And do you know why?
Because they all try to be like World of Warcraft.

+ Demonic_Clown on October 8th, 2010 at 10:09 am said:

Looks awesome but my Joker fix is coming in Arkham City.

+ BlooodyCow on October 8th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

So the live panel is today and not tomorrow? :( Dammit, I thought it was tomorrow because I purchase tickets for tomorrow instead of today because I wanted a beta key :(
Will you guys be giving beta keys on the blog?

+ Richlando on October 8th, 2010 at 10:36 am said:

Here ya go Wes..some inspiration to post comments.And no don’t worry you don’t have to post THAT much..but it couldn’t hurt..

+ Anti-Steven on October 8th, 2010 at 10:59 am said:

Console MMOs are the only way I’m getting into the genre. The reason I buy consoles is to not have to worry as much about upgrading so i can spend more money on games. I’m glad to see Sony opening up this area of gaming to millions of people who otherwise wouldn’t have seriously looked into it. With Microsoft avoiding them, this is a real chance for Sony to lock down the market. Here’s hoping this turns out for the best.

+ Richlando on October 8th, 2010 at 11:19 am said:

My comment is fine..unmoderate it lol. It’s #6 Maybe mod this one instead.

+ Xclusion on October 8th, 2010 at 11:28 am said:

Hopefully I get into the beta sooner rather then later, the sooner I have access to the beta forums the better this game will be.

+ Viglin on October 8th, 2010 at 11:35 am said:

How to get some Beta action;

-VIP pass from a convention
-Pre Order the game Before Nov 15th
[They did have a sign in for Beta for like the last few months, but that has finished now]

Then get your Betakey from here[Preorders only];

Stay informed.

+ Josh_MoL on October 8th, 2010 at 11:43 am said:

Man i can´t be more sad…………. pleases at least let me test the beta!!!!

+ Dragun619 on October 8th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Hmm, Well since DC Universe has been delayed, Can we expect some features to be included in the game, maybe like Cross platform?
Playing with both PC and PS3 players?

And any updates on The Agency and Free Realms for PS3?

+ AaronF on October 8th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

Why no PS3 Collector’s Edition? The Batman statue would look awesome on my desk.

+ Viglin on October 8th, 2010 at 12:58 pm said:

@12-Free Realms is coming to Mac before the Ps3, sometime in Fall..so lm guessing Winter.
The Agency is a ghost.

@13…;
Lastly, due to overwhelming demand from the community, SOE is pleased to announce that a Collector’s Edition for the PlayStation 3 will also be released (North America only), which includes the same items contained in the PC version announced earlier this year – the DCUO Batman statue, the limited edition Art of DC Universe Online art book, the DCUO Legends Issue #0 comic book with a Jim Lee variant cover, the DCUO Prestige comic presentation of the DCUO back-story and the limited edition Jim Lee-drawn poster Version of the Legends Issue #0 comic book variant cover.

Stay Informed.

+ Thrasher20 on October 8th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Sweet stuff

+ NightHawk17 on October 8th, 2010 at 1:09 pm said:

Im gonna be there:D Will the game be playable?

+ spunnups on October 8th, 2010 at 1:46 pm said:

Game looks great but the monthly fee is going to kill it for me.

+ Anubis80 on October 8th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Serious question though. I know that its $15 a month to play this game. Im fine with that. But do you need a credit card or PSN cards to pay?

Cuz if its a CC then I will NOT get this game since I dont have a CC.

+ Korghano on October 8th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

Hey Wes, PlayStation Move support at launch would make all the anger from the delay go away!

+ HazeBlaze on October 9th, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

PLEASE hurry up and get this game out!!! Or at least hurry and get me into the beta :-). This was my most anticipated release of the holiday… Planned to play it straight thru the release of KZ3, and then pick it back up until the release of inFamous 2… With a little GT5 sprinkled throughout for good measure!

+ HazeBlaze on October 9th, 2010 at 12:23 pm said:

@14 I don’t the The Agency is a ghost… It was just shown at E3 a few months ago… although I did not like the new art design & will probably pass on it now.

+ LordRaoh on October 9th, 2010 at 8:36 pm said:

I’m in the beta, i’m downloading it now..

i am so happy…

if this is successful and companies can come togther.. a good launch title for the next playstation console (PS4??) would be Marvel vs DC..