PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! for PSP Coming January, 2011!

Nao Zook's Avatar + Posted by Nao Zook on Oct 08, 2010 // PR/Marketing Coordinator, NIS America, Inc

Happy Friday, dood! Oh my gosh, yeah, dood! We are releasing Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! for PSP on *UMD* and PSN this coming January!

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! for PSP

Prinny 2 is a side scrolling hack-and-slash action game, and you can play as Prinny. Your mission this time is to find the precious panties of Demon Lord Etna! Yes, you have to search for Etna’s panties… or Etna swears that she will skin all Prinnies and make them into panties! Well, now that I think of it, Prinny panties would be kind of cool… but not for the Prinnies! You must find her panties by the following morning in the game, so you don’t have any time to dilly-dally! Let’s get to it, dood!

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! for PSP

So, what’s new with Prinny 2 besides Etna’s panties? There are new skills, new stages, new story, and a bonus story with a new main character! We only have some screenshots to share this time, but I will be back here again in the near future to share more stuff with you guys. So please look forward to it!

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! for PSP

We are launching the official Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! website today, so please check it out at www.NISAmerica.com! Also, we are cooking up some crazy fun campaigns for Prinny 2! All I can say about that right now is… it involves Etna’s panties… heh heh heh.

Prinny 2: Dawn of Operation Panties, Dood! for PSP

Before I let you go, I would like to introduce Ryan from NIS America. He joined our PR team recently, and he will be back here and talk to you guys more about Prinny 2!

Thank you for reading my post again. And I have to say… I am really sorry that I couldn’t reply to any of your comments on my post about Atelier Rorona. Today, I will reply to your comments though! Thank you, everyone! Have a great Friday and weekend, dood!

PAGE 1 2

+ Moonglare on October 8th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

Awesome. That’s about it.

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 2:34 pm said:

Awesome!

+ UNCyrus on October 8th, 2010 at 2:02 pm said:

Dood! I love Prinny!

+ Shinji_Elric on October 8th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

Loved the first game. Can’t wait for this one!

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

Hi Shinji_Elric,

Oh, so glad that you liked the first one!
    You’ll love Prinny 2 even more! Well, I hope so!

Thanks,

+ Anubis80 on October 8th, 2010 at 2:04 pm said:

lol that is epic! hahaha

+ Neil on October 8th, 2010 at 2:07 pm said:

I wish this was playable on the PS3.

+ Zookey on October 8th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

Will this have some more difficulty settings/balancing than Prinny 1? I couldn’t beat the end boss of the first one, which was frustrating since the rest of the game is pure gold!

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 2:43 pm said:

Hi Zookey,

There are three difficulty settings in Prinny 2.

Thanks,

+ Enigma777 on October 8th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

I really hope that this game is easier than the last one. No other game has infuriated me that much, and frankly the last boss was just evil. It’s like you wanted me to break my PSP out of anger.

Still, I enjoyed it a lot, so I’m looking forward to this one.

+ JethXVI on October 8th, 2010 at 2:09 pm said:

WOOOOOOO, I CAN’T WAIT!!! >:D

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 3:07 pm said:

Me either! ;)

+ LightAce on October 8th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Dammit why can’t PSP games be playable on the PS3

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 3:12 pm said:

Hi LightAce,

Mmmmm :(
    Maybe time to get a PSP? :p

have a great weekend!

+ Jerel on October 8th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

YES! I loved “Prinny: Can I Really Be the Hero?” I still can’t believe I beat it.

I want to pre-order it as soon as possible, so is there going to be some sort of Special Edition? I need to know if I should pre-order it from GameStop or wait for NISA. :)

…Also I have to ask about Avatars. Are they still coming? :(

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Hi Jarel,

So glad you loved the first one!

There won’t be any Special Edition for Prinny 2, but you know NISA online store always tries to give some kind of “special”:)

We should start the pre-order for Prinny 2 in November!

Avatars… I know I know… I’ve been talking about it forever… Sorry! Let me check the status of the project, and get back to you!

Thanks!

+ rbanke on October 8th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

‘im there dood!

+ Smogger1 on October 8th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

So will this be PSN only ow will it be on UMD as well? Also, if it is on UMD are there any plans for a limited edition like there was for the first Prinny game?

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 3:27 pm said:

Hi Smogger1,

UMD will be also available! At this moment, we don’t have any plans for the special edition like the first Prinny, but check back on NISA Online Store next month or so. We will have something special for pre-order!

+ Shizuka5 on October 8th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

What about Neptune and Record of Agarest War Zero?

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Hi Shizuka5,

Neptune looks definitely an interesting game. Maybe you’ll hear good news soon? Maybe? Maybe not?… :)

Have a great Friday and weekend!

best,

+ SnoopYTimes on October 8th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

Gotta have hustle dood!

ooo and prinny avatars sound good. please?

+ bendeboy on October 8th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

Please tell me Disgaea 4 is coming to the US before sept. 2011! D3 is the reason I have a PS3. Oh my goodness I can’t wait that long… well, I mean, I can but. D:

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

Hi bendeboy,

We are planning to release Disgaea 4 in summer 2011, so hopefully before Sep:)

Thanks!

+ Guillemots on October 8th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Can’t wait till January dooood!

+ Smogger1 on October 8th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

Also, any plans to release Mana Khemia Portable 2?

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

Hi Smogger1,

Hmmm, no plans for it at this moment:(
    sorry…

best,

+ Judqment8 on October 8th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

Only DD? I’m really happy to see this released but only DD is just… *sigh*

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

Hi Judqment8,

I think my wording was totally confusing… sorry… but Prinny 2 will be coming out on UMD and PSP:)

best,

+ clan_nutsy on October 8th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

doooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

doooooooooooooooooood, dood, dooooooo doooooooooooooood!!!!

+ TooTall19 on October 8th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

Looks tight dood 5/5

+ VincentVendetta on October 8th, 2010 at 2:24 pm said:

Doooooood!

+ Maguss on October 8th, 2010 at 2:28 pm said:

Doood!!! So awesome! I loved the first game even though I haven’t been able to beat it yet : ( Still Day 1 for sure!!

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 8th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

Hahaha, that title gave me a good laugh! Thanks for the heads up, will def keep an eye out for this game. You guys at NIS are the best!! :D

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:25 pm said:

Hi jimmyfoxhound,

Thanks!
    Yeah, NIS makes really funny titles!

We’ll have some fun contest/campaign for Prinny 2, so please keep eye out for it too!

best,

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 8th, 2010 at 2:50 pm said:

Oops, forgot. I did want to ask, is there any possibility NIS could release some PSN avatars? I don’t mean to push that issue but I’d sure love to have one from you all. Think of the free advertising you’d be getting! ;)

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

Hi again!

Yes, Avatars… I will check the status of the project. Get back to you soon!

best,

+ I3rand0 on October 8th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

Nao: Have you guys locked down a release date for Ar Tonelico 3 yet? What about Atelier Totori?

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

Hi l3rand0,

Ar tonelico Qoga will be this spring. And, we don’t have a specific release date just yet. As soon as we have more detailed info on the release date, I will let you all know!

Totori looks fantastic!
    We hope that we can bring it over to the US!
    best,

+ Ska-Boom on October 8th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

Sweet! I loved the first one.

+ i_like_toast on October 8th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

well this title will make for that mildly awkward moment when purchasing…it’s almost like you guys planned it that way…

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

Hi i_like_toast,

Hahaha, good point! Well, I hope you love Prinny enough to say the entire title when you ask for it at a store. “Do you still have a copy of Prinny 2: Dawn of Panties, Dood! ?”

ha ha ha

and GameSugar also made the same comment!

have a great night and weekend, dood!

+ derth44 on October 8th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

WTF…. what is the premise of this game…. you know what i’ll just keep ignoring things that get too Japanish…. but seriously why…..

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

Hi derth44,

You should give this game a try! If you don’t like any action, side scrolling, hash and slash game I guess you can just ignore it. But please don’t ignore Prinny for its title or “Japanish”! :)

Have a great Friday and weekend!

best,

+ PullusPardusUS on October 8th, 2010 at 2:57 pm said:

i was wondering when this is going to release dood!
Nao , you are awesome dood!

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

Hi PullesPardusUS,

Hey, it is not me that’s awesome. PRINNY is awesome:) he he
    I am just a messenger bird from NIS America:-)

We’ll have more announcements to do, so please look forward them it!

best,

+ Shizuka5 on October 8th, 2010 at 3:04 pm said:

Nepu-Nepu-Neptune! I want that badly! \o/

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:41 pm said:

Hi Shizuka5,

Me too! he he

best,

+ Talesof84 on October 8th, 2010 at 3:10 pm said:

YAY!!

+ Sria on October 8th, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

Is this DD only or will there be a UMD version?
Awesome though, I still need to beat the first one xD

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:42 pm said:

Hi Sria,

Sorry for not making it clear first, but it will be available on UMD and PSN!

+ Rinaldus91 on October 8th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

Gotta agree with #9, I would be more than willing to shell out some money for NIS PSN avatars.

There’s few things I’d love more than to have this in thumbnail format representing me on the Playstation Network:
Also Prinnies, loads and loads of Prinnies.

But anyways, count me down as an early adopter of Prinny 2. The first one was too incredible for me to even -begin- thinking about passing up a sequel.

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 5:08 pm said:

Hi Rinaldus91,

Ha ha, yeah, the Mao image would be awesome. It’s like you are owning the PSN world. ha ha ha

I’ll look into when we will be able to release the Avatars. sorry it’s been forever since I said we would release them.

Thank you for your support!
    Good night:)

+ Rinaldus91 on October 8th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

Also…
One thing I am bummed about is the amount of sweat that’s going to build up on my PSP again; ’cause goddamn did I get nervous fighting bosses in Can I Really Be the Hero. In the end, I suppose disgusting physiological reactions are just a small price to pay for a game as awesome as this.

+ Judqment8 on October 8th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

THANKS NISA! <3 I love getting this on UMD! Seriously you are the best game localizing company EVER! Love you <3

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

<3 <3 <3 <3!!

/ ̄ ̄ ̄ヽ
    ▲ 、 ´ `ヽ
    ■ |     ●
    ▼ノヽ____ノ
       / ̄"|
      /  |
      / | ||_
     (_L_)_)  nao

+ WanderingMind11 on October 8th, 2010 at 3:37 pm said:

I’m so glad this is going to be on UMD. So looking forward to this game. :D

+ Leivra on October 8th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

Thanks NIS America, I’ve been waiting for this.
I loved the first one, and I’m so getting this, too.
You never got me disappointed NISA, you always localize the good Japanese games. Unlike some other companies. *cough*Namco*cough*

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:58 pm said:

Hi Leivra,

Thank you!
    I am sure you’ll love Prinny 2 as much as you love the first one! …big chance that you’ll love this one even more! :)

Enjoy your weekend!

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 8th, 2010 at 4:19 pm said:

Cool, both UMD & DD? Sweet, two copies for me! XD

+ MXZBladEon on October 8th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

Never played the previous game but i think i will play this sequal.

shame their isnot a HD PS3 version, because i would enjoy that even more

(perhaps that should be your next game, eh)

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 5:00 pm said:

Hi MXZBladEon,

Never played the first one? Nooooo problem! You can just jump into the second one. If you like it, you can get the first one as well:)

Yeah, Prinny on PS3 would be very nice, huh? I hope we can do that one day!

best,

+ SpecDotSign on October 8th, 2010 at 4:33 pm said:

I think a lot of people overlook the awesome localization job that NISA does. And that’s very rare for a localized game. The only game I’ve enjoyed the English localization over the Japanese is Valkyria Chronicles. The first Prinny was an example of awesome localization as opposed to umm….Final Fantasy XIII (bleehh).

+ Nao Zook on October 8th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

Hi SpecDotSign,

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for your comment about our localization team! I will definitely let our team know about what you said here. :)

NIS America is a Publisher and localization company. I know how hard our team work on our video game and anime titles, so when people recognize their work I get really happy and … HAPPY!

Thank you for your kind comment!

best,

+ Robbie_G_lrish on October 8th, 2010 at 4:49 pm said:

Hey, I really need this question answered so I can know whether to buy this or not. The first Prinny was great but I had to press the square button so fast I thought I was going to break the screen off of my PspGo. I was wondering if there will be an option to maybe just hold the square button to get off super fast attacks. Thanks.

+ ElektroDragon on October 8th, 2010 at 4:50 pm said:

It’s great that you are continuing this series, but wow, this is way too early! I’ve barely scratched the surface of the first game. I think a PSN version, or Disgaea 4 with high resolution HD graphics this time would have been a much better idea.

+ n4nobust3r on October 8th, 2010 at 5:24 pm said:

Dood! awesome NISA more prinny is always a good thing!

unlike certain Big publisher that still has noplannocomment to localize their PS3 JRPG,I consider you guys awesome publisher this gen and savior for us JRPG fans, keep bring more JRPG for PS3 (with dual voice option), and you didn’t even forget to localize psp title!(next time if you minimize or change thecover art please give us double cover with beautiful art in it please)

some day i hope maybe you guys can bring some PS3 Visual novel to the west (since aksys conducting survey for otome games so i think maybe nisa could localize some bishoujo games instead :p ), FORTUNE ARTERIAL PS3 AND UMINEKO NO NAKU KORONI HD PS3 will be a nice start (SCEJ has strict policy for quality of visual novel in PS3 so the quality will not be a concern glorius native 1080p with full voice)(both of game still in development so maybe you guys can have talk with the dev)

+ Monetep on October 8th, 2010 at 5:49 pm said:

Dooooooooooood! No way, i didn’t know there was a secuel, Priny was one of the funniest (frustrating too hehe) games i’ve played on the PSP.

One busy january, between, this, Mass Effect 2 and LBP2!
Meanwhile, can we have some info about Disgaea 4?

+ rpgki on October 8th, 2010 at 5:52 pm said:

Damn, i think that will have to get a PSP, Thanks NISA for this games, i wish you good luck in all your projects.

Long live to NISA!!!!

+ iamKelly on October 8th, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

Dood! The tyranny of Etna has gone TOO far this time! Skinning Prinnies to turn into panties? Absolutely despicable!

We, the Prinny Rights Movement, will see to it that NO Prinnies are harmed during this game! You sick, sick people!

(Look up the Prinny Rights Movement on facebook, doods! We’re at EXP Con in St. Augustine right now spreading the message of Prinny freedom!)

- Prinny Rights Movement

+ Zezzler on October 8th, 2010 at 6:04 pm said:

YES! another Prinny game, dood!
I hope this one is exponentially better than the first.

Can’t wait to get my grubby hands on it dood!

+ RDespair on October 8th, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

Any news on price? After picking the first one for $10 during the PSP Go launch sale, I’m far too spoiled to want to spend $40 on a sequel.

+ RurouniSaiya-jin on October 8th, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

Sweet. I must deserved sequel to an awesome game. I’ll be keeping an eye on the NISA store for any special bundles ^,^

+ EddyC__ on October 8th, 2010 at 7:09 pm said: