PS4 - Transistor

Reason #4 to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta – Legionnaire Kratos

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Oct 08, 2010 // Product Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! For those that may have missed yesterday’s post, the announcement and release of the Origins trailer with Deimos Skin has been overwhelming, and we can’t wait for our Spartan Army members to relive the God of War III experience with the exclusive voucher pack-in of God of War: Ghost of Sparta.

If the Deimos Skin announcement wasn’t exciting enough for you, here’s reason #4 to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta – Legionnaire Kratos. Here’s a little sneak peek at the Legionnaire Skin in action!

God of War: Ghost of Sparta for PSP -- Legionnaire Kratos

After all, if Kratos will reveal the origins of lost worlds and discover his dark past within Ghost of Sparta, what better way to complete the God of War experience than with the exclusive Legionnaire Skin included in the pre-order bundle?

Every End Must First Begin

PAGE 1 2

+ Monetep on October 8th, 2010 at 5:53 pm said:

Oooooh can’t wait to destroy the square button, on my psp again!!!
I love the stress reliever gameplay of GoW!
I’ll buy this digitally, so i can get the pre order bonuses too.

+ Trixzter7 on October 8th, 2010 at 5:54 pm said:

kratos.
that is all.

+ Netweb on October 8th, 2010 at 5:59 pm said:

Ken in Portugal what we spartans… will gonna have about Ghost Of Sparta? I don’t see any stores with pre order…

+ Tyrsis on October 8th, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

Really? Skins?

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 8th, 2010 at 6:03 pm said:

hahahaha.. if the Skins isn’t enough, remember the pre-order includes the original soundtrack, PSN avatar, PSP theme, PS3 dynamic theme, and God of War Live video.

+ Ibn_Elmeedan on October 8th, 2010 at 6:02 pm said:

Well, my Dualshock 3 Controller isnt as responsive because of playing GOW twice, plus gow 2 and three back to back. lol

+ NEJI64 on October 8th, 2010 at 6:03 pm said:

Can you hook your PSP up to you PS3 and play the PSP through your PS3. I would like to play this on my TV with the dualshock 3.

+ dlhdav7 on October 8th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

it’s @#$% up when you can’t log on to playstation network on your playstation to leave a comment!! some one needs to look into this!!!come on guys!!! the net sucks!!!i have to log off then turn on my pc !!!when i should be able to do it from my ps3!!it’s your site that i’m trying to log on to !!!!!!ok is god of war ghost of spata on ps3 to?

+ DZORMAGEN on October 8th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

I don’t need any reason to pre-order this (I already have in full), this game is going to be the best, with or without these incentives.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 8th, 2010 at 6:26 pm said:

Well said! :)

+ BloodiedWraith on October 8th, 2010 at 6:16 pm said:

@NEJI64 The only way to play it on your TV with a DualShock 3 is with a PSPgo.

+ InstantPuddin on October 8th, 2010 at 6:21 pm said:

beating kratos to death eh sony?

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on October 8th, 2010 at 6:23 pm said:

This game is so pretty…

Im very happy that i sold my PSP Go and got the GoW bundle pre ordered. “tears”

+ Skater_Ricky on October 8th, 2010 at 6:51 pm said:

I’ll be buying this on day 1 on the PlayStation Store to get everything Digitally on my PSP-2000 with my 16GB Memory Stick Duo/ Mini Adapter :D Will have it all on my Memory Stick ready to be played at anytime on my PSP and Watching the Videos off my PS3 :D

+ ExcelKnight on October 8th, 2010 at 6:54 pm said:

Can we please get confirmation on which Canadian retailers will carry the preorder pack? Gamestop.ca (not .com) doesn’t even have an image for the game, amazon.ca (not .com) only has the default press release info, bestbuy.ca (not .com) also barely has any info.

I’ve been denied quite a few preorder bonuses from many Canadian retailers/websites these days. When questioned, they didn’t even know there was preorder content.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 8th, 2010 at 8:49 pm said:

We’ll do some digging and do an official PS blog post for our Canadian consumers soon

+ neostardust on October 8th, 2010 at 6:56 pm said:

Awesome… looks pretty sweet

+ justaccording on October 8th, 2010 at 7:02 pm said:

Will these pre-order skins or the Game Directors Documentary be available on PSN for those who currently own God of War III? I currently own the Ultimate Edition and have no current plans on owning a PSP. These additions would be nice additions to us PS3 owners

+ remanutd5 on October 8th, 2010 at 7:17 pm said:

its without a doubt my most anticipated PSP title EVER , hey Ken when are we gonna get God of War comic episode # 4 ? they already have it on magazines why is not on PSN yet? oh btw , i hope Ready at Dawn is secretly working on a PSP 2 launch title

+ OnesOwnGrief on October 8th, 2010 at 8:25 pm said:

Alright, I got it. You have my money the day the Digital Copy drops so I can just have all the DLC download at once. Do you want anything more from me? My first born maybe? My family? Name it.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 8th, 2010 at 8:52 pm said:

Now that you mention it…. :)

+ xxnike629xx on October 8th, 2010 at 8:30 pm said:

I’m not going to pre-order the game just for skins. I will eventually of course get the game, but these “exclusive” things are timed.

It gets released to the public later on for a small price.

+ CONTRABAND on October 8th, 2010 at 9:03 pm said:

ill get it if you let me play it on my PS3 where a game like this should be…

+ jazzyrider on October 8th, 2010 at 9:48 pm said:

Are all these skins new additions to the preorder GoW:GoS? Deimos skin was the only thing I didn’t see as part of the “6 reasons” awhile back. Not that I don’t mind, but if you guys keep on making it more enticing, I might have to preorder a 2nd copy?!

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 8th, 2010 at 10:25 pm said:

hahahaha… let’s spend a sec to clarify. There’s a total of 6 items for the pre-order, including the Original Soundtrack, PSN avatar, PSP Theme, PS3 Dynamic Theme, God of War Live Video, and the Legionnaire Skin (for Ghost of Sparta). The Deimos skin is outside of the pre-order and packed-in with Specially Marked Boxes of Ghost of Sparta and the Limited Edition Entertainment Pack. Feel free to pre-order the 2nd copy!

+ Solid-Snake-Eyes on October 8th, 2010 at 10:43 pm said:

Come on please do that digging for the Canadian fans, Ken Chan. We’ve been asking for weeks with no answer. I want the 6 item pre-order bundle and the Deimos skin, where do I have to buy it?

+ maddymad on October 9th, 2010 at 1:35 am said:

Great news!!
What about Europe? Please anwswer me for once…. ^^
Are we getting all of these benuses?

+ Dubl-M on October 9th, 2010 at 4:00 am said:

Ken, the Canadian Spartans wish to thank you for your digging. You’ve been digging for a couple weeks now. We’re worried. We’d lend you Hermes boots but they’ve got god guts all over them. So please hurry the info at a human pace!

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 9th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

lol. Point taken. Will aim to have an update very quick

+ Anddo on October 9th, 2010 at 4:46 am said:

One of the best pre-order campaigns ever! Getting this day one on PSN.

+ bmart008 on October 9th, 2010 at 5:03 am said:

I’ll be buying this off the network for sure, I love this series, can’t wait to see what’s instore for us this time around, I’ve yet to be dissapointed with this series, and it’s always thrilling.

+ BalramRules on October 9th, 2010 at 5:29 am said:

i nvr saw kartos where a helmet before, but thank zeus, coz his bold hed is just distracting!

+ DEATH_KROW on October 9th, 2010 at 8:35 am said:

As it was said before, “Every end must first Begin”. But I wonder, will Krato’s little brother be in this game? I know it sounds like a spoiler but in GoW III towards the ending of the game after Gaia comes back, Zues mentions that her pawn has failed and she should have chosen the other one. I was curious to know what it was so I watched some videos from GoW and there was a video that showed that krato’s ltttle brother was killed and he became like a demon of some sort and swore revenge on Kratos. Was it him? Or was it someone else that was never mentioned in the game?

+ GlowOfDarkness on October 9th, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

great! i wil pre-order it right now!

+ MadMeat001 on October 9th, 2010 at 10:18 am said:

can’t we get them on dlc please??

+ mafia28 on October 9th, 2010 at 11:04 am said:

can i use this skin in GOW3 as well or only in ghost of sparta, i would really like to use this skin in gow3!

+ MadmanV10 on October 9th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Its amazing that the pre-order bonuses for a PSP game, are somehow better and more fulfilling than anything Playstation Plus has offered yet to date. Amazing and sad.

But why are these PSP games not being remastered as PSN releases? Both PSP games are awesome in their own right, but a PSN release would ensure people who played GoW3 will set this in their sights. The PSP just doesn’t cast the same net the Ps3 does.

+ GhostAce22 on October 9th, 2010 at 1:22 pm said:

do we people who have psp go’s get any love for this

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 9th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

Yup. Simply purchase Ghost of Sparta from the PS Store from 11/2 to 11/9

+ dbzgengsta on October 9th, 2010 at 1:29 pm said:

What about europe (or U.K at least) for this bundle? Leavin us out from this awesome bundle. I wont complain you did give us the GOW3 ultimate ED but you might aswell give us this one too.

Ken Chan's Avatar

+ Ken Chan on October 9th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

hahahaha… keep your eyes glued to the UK version of the PS Blog

+ digitalman123 on October 9th, 2010 at 3:51 pm said:

+ iTofuMan on October 9th, 2010 at 4:00 pm said:

something that has always been on mind that i hope someone can answer.

Aside from these pre-order/early buyers DLC will we be seeing more dlc in the future? i mean those two skins we get for this new GoW game seems cool, but will there be more?

+ ExcelKnight on October 9th, 2010 at 4:02 pm said:

Thanks for putting in the time, since I’m definitely pre-ordering this the instant I know where to get the pack!

+ hepcatmatty on October 9th, 2010 at 4:34 pm said:

wait a minute. We’re dealing with Greek mythology right? Why the hell is he legionnaire? That would make him Roman. So who fell asleep in history class? :P

+ giga-lo-maniacs on October 9th, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

does those DLC download have a IP limits
cuz,im not in US soil.

+ fuzzyclutter on October 9th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

@ # 7 dlhdav7 In order to log in to the blog from your ps3 do the following .

1 . click login

you will see the login screen but the form disappears . now get to your browser menu by pressing triangle then TOOLS> JAVASCRIPT > OFF then go back to the main browser menu and REFRESH

the login form should appear .

2. enter ALL your login info DO NOT PRESS SIGN IN YET !!! do the next step first .

3 TOOLS >JAVASCRIPT > ON then press sign in . it works , as i am typing this from my ps3 .

+ ExcelKnight on October 9th, 2010 at 7:20 pm said:

@hepcatmatty: One would think that Hercules being in the franchise instead of Heracles would be a hint that GoW isn’t 100% based in Greek mythology.

+ Dubl-M on October 9th, 2010 at 8:41 pm said:

@ExcelKnight: you seem the sort of fellow Canadian Spartan one might choose to stand next to in a phalanx. We seem to have gotten thru to Ken. Feel free to add this Spartan to your psn friend list. Never let your back touch the ground!

+ angelspawn77 on October 9th, 2010 at 9:48 pm said:

Skin looks pretty sweet, also is that the desert of lost souls I saw!? Will we be revisiting old places from GOW1?

+ Razgoull on October 10th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

It,s WAY!!! Better than Castlevania new game !

+ dlhdav7 on October 10th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

@ 39 thanks

+ TNTbkNY on October 10th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

im going to to gamestop right now to preorder this…

+ ShadowOfEden on October 10th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

This makes me want a PSP badly, but I just bought a bigger HDTV (32 720p to 50 1080p) and changed my 20gb PS3 for a 250gb, so if I spend anymore, my girlfriend will be pretty mad. When’s the next price drop on the PSP, Sony? :)

+ ZariV on October 10th, 2010 at 6:44 pm said:

You know I still haven’t received an e-mail about one of the GoW 3 skins that came with the preorder a while back.

+ wingeDPwn on October 11th, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

@ExcelKnight:
” Hi Ken, thanks for the reply! I was hoping to just get a regular blog comment reply, but to have an entire blog post to clear up the Canadian content far exceeds my expectations.”

Could you link me to the blog post that clears up the Canadian cotent? I too am wondering if we can get the pre-order bonuses in Canada.

+ terrydeng on October 11th, 2010 at 9:47 pm said:

oh my ladygaga,that’s amazing!~~!~!~!!~!~!~!~!~!~!i love sparta!~~!!~~!~!~!go go!~!

+ Prothean on October 12th, 2010 at 6:06 am said:

I understand that PSPgo owners will get the pre-order exclusives if they purchase between 11/2 and 11/9 on PSN, but what about regular PSP owners who don’t want the game on UMD but wish to purchase on PSN between 11/2 and 11/9… will we get the pre-order exclusives as well? I really don’t want the game on UMD, but really want the pre-order exclusives.

Anyone know for sure on this?

PAGE 1 2