PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Move: It Only Does Family Showdowns

Peter Dille's Avatar + Posted by Peter Dille on Oct 11, 2010 // Senior Vice President, Marketing & PlayStation Network

PlayStation Nation,

It has been more than two weeks since the launch of PlayStation Move here in North America and we’re blown away by the fantastic reception we’ve received from avid gamers, new gamers, the press and retailers. Positive reviews continue to pour in for PlayStation Move, with one critic labeling it “the pinnacle of motion-sensing technology” and and another crediting it with going “further than any other system to date in bridging the physical and virtual worlds.”

By now you’ve hopefully gotten your hands on PlayStation Move and have seen Kevin Butler’s big “move-in” with the Maguire family. With a few weeks under their belts, the family raises the stakes with a little friendly competition on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11. EA Sports has done a fantastic job highlighting the incredible precision of PlayStation Move with a game that the Wall Street Journal recently pointed to as being one of the best justifications for getting your hands on a PlayStation Move.

Part of the inspiration for this next commercial came directly from Tiger as a young boy. Tiger’s father Earl would rattle the change in his pocket to teach him not to be distracted. Well, the Maguires have kicked this up a notch or two.

We have many more PlayStation Move games coming for the holiday including The Fight: Light Out and SingStar Dance which will hit stores later this fall. These two games couldn’t be more different: one is a gritty bare-knuckle brawler that lets you throw punches with 1:1 precision and the other offers an engaging and entertaining experience for the whole family. We’re confident that both will deliver hours of fun for the entire family.

In the meantime, grab a copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 and see if the PlayStation Move’s precision helps your game!

57 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ JeepnDave on October 11th, 2010 at 5:13 am said:

KB for President!

+ TrueFFVIIFan on October 11th, 2010 at 5:30 am said:

What the hell? No closed-caption for these clips that you’ve been showing since the day Kevin Butler launched his campaign for Playstation themes? Come on, that is not fair! I wanted to understand why it was so popular. You bast… Oh well. Nice going!

+ DION3TO on October 11th, 2010 at 5:41 am said:

Nice add.

+ Enzo_man on October 11th, 2010 at 5:45 am said:

Argh! No more vuvus!!

+ BigRon3400 on October 11th, 2010 at 5:46 am said:

I could watch KB all day. Love this stuff!

+ Nintendo451 on October 11th, 2010 at 5:57 am said:

I saw this on TV just yesterday and it said something like “Day 14″ (sorry, video isn’t loading at work). I thought it was one I just missed. Glad that I was one of the first!

+ Josh6714 on October 11th, 2010 at 5:58 am said:

Are we going to get a demo?

+ bayo30 on October 11th, 2010 at 5:59 am said:

Very funny !

+ Rayziel on October 11th, 2010 at 6:00 am said:

“You’re adopted”
Epic!

+ witam on October 11th, 2010 at 6:00 am said:

It must be Polish family.

+ Jdot-Mattinson on October 11th, 2010 at 6:02 am said:

Don’t care much for the Coca-Cola ad placement at the beginning.

It’s like three commercials rolled into one.

+ DEATH555666 on October 11th, 2010 at 6:04 am said:

Kevin Butler should be Connan O’brians side kick…. Scrap that Connan O’brian should be Kevin Butlers side kick… Scrap that When can we expect a Kevin Butler Killzone 3 trailer?

….
I Want Answers PlayStation Blog, and I’ll melee one random person an hour till i get my answer.

Scrap that… Please just do a Kevin Butler Killzone 3 commercial.

+ THE_FORCE on October 11th, 2010 at 6:08 am said:

When are you going to kick Sony UK’s advertising & marketing team into touch and get these commercials aired over here ?!

+ Darkpen on October 11th, 2010 at 6:09 am said:

“you were adopted” and the vuvuzelas were the best parts XD XD XD

+ backbreaker65 on October 11th, 2010 at 6:09 am said:

Peter Dille, Tiger Woods 11 is the most tacked on control system ever. The Best Golf Game to get is John Dayl’s ProStroke. It plays like real golf and not that Wii port. John Dayl’s actually usese the sphere as a club head, for true 1:1 golfing and the physics is unparalled.

+ jazzyrider on October 11th, 2010 at 6:18 am said:

Hilarious, just hilarious!! She’s a bad mama-jamma!

+ jimmy903 on October 11th, 2010 at 6:20 am said:

Just wanted to pop in and let ya’ll know that we are loving PlayStation Move in my house. There has been something for everyone to play right out the gate.

Tell Kevin Butler he can come stay with us for a while, I need someone new to own at Gladiator Duels anyway.

+ WoshJills on October 11th, 2010 at 6:24 am said:

@backbreaker65: I’m sure Peter Dille is aware, but EA and Sony are business partners, and Tiger Woods is published by EA Sports.

Sure John Daly’s ProStroke is pretty, but Sony likes to follow the rule, “Bros befoe Hoes.”

+ Zinacef on October 11th, 2010 at 6:53 am said:

I actually am so anxious to see when a new one of these ads are released. I actually crave to see them! Hilarious!

+ Ashend on October 11th, 2010 at 7:11 am said:

Someone’s going to get upset over that “You’re adopted” line…

+ SirTrigalot on October 11th, 2010 at 7:22 am said:

Best line “You’re adopted”

+ dkbatman06 on October 11th, 2010 at 7:24 am said:

Just wanna say I am not a fan of the box art for PS Move games. having that huge blue blob on the front is pretty ugly. Just have a blue strip extend where it would say Only On Playstation!!

+ Vandaliser on October 11th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

We saw a move ad on TV here in the uk and the whole family wanted to get it. Now the playstation 3 is shared with 5 other people instead of just me using it.

Thanks alot sony!

+ djpaetkau on October 11th, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

This commercial makes me feel like a kid again… it’s exactly how my brother and I used to try to mess each other up when we played games head-to-head. Also, the vuvuzelas were a great touch!

+ CrusherX on October 11th, 2010 at 8:03 am said:

Amazing advertisement o.o How the heck did this actually get made? It’s almost too good to be true. xD

+ bbonds_007 on October 11th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

@11 lol I did not even notice it after 3 watches. Its not that bad, who doesn’t have coke in the fridge + plus Coke is sponsoring Move I think.

Which reminds me, Sony said at E3 there would be a HUGE Move campaign on millions of Coke products, were you could win Sony prizes and such. What happened to that?

+ SINTAX on October 11th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

Kevin, your face after the “you’re adopted” line is absolutely priceless! That is some stellar editing right there, folks. Keep up the great work.

+ MadmanV10 on October 11th, 2010 at 8:29 am said:

Any post with a new KB promo is a 5-star post in my world.

I am really interested in Move, and I realize its an expensive technology to develop, but its just too damn expensive. I can’t justify over a hundred bucks for one controller for only one or two games.

+ king_of_kings on October 11th, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

Lol you are adopted….-and she’s a bad mama Jamma lol epic

+ AceBeeDee on October 11th, 2010 at 8:37 am said:

i didnt know that the Wall Street Journal was a game review publication.

+ VincentVendetta on October 11th, 2010 at 9:39 am said:

Wow. I can’t believe you listened to me on the “needs more games/color in the background” but you did. Congratulations!

+ Train1999 on October 11th, 2010 at 10:23 am said:

I love this ad. The Golfing on Move with the World Cup Horns is beautiful. Playstation Rulez.

+ Jeigh on October 11th, 2010 at 10:42 am said:

The punchline could’ve used some work, but the stuff in-between was priceless. “You’re adopted”! XD

+ loadstone007 on October 11th, 2010 at 10:45 am said:

Great ad campaign, I love it so much I really wanna buy another PS3!

+ jimfear on October 11th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

KB and Vuvuzella = win

+ BalramRules on October 11th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

LOL
soo jwkez!

+ sonicjosh on October 11th, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

Love the vuvuzelas!

+ FoolKiller79 on October 11th, 2010 at 12:50 pm said:

Another great ad featuring Kevin Butler.

I am really excited to see what Kevin Butler has in store for Gran Turismo 5, or is that Man Furismo Jive?

+ NeoMahi on October 11th, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

You know, because I’m not a hardcore golfer, I don’t really care about Tiger Woods. However, what are the possibilities of a Hot Shots Golf with Move Support? I’d go for that one. But do customizable characters with depth. A lot of reviews for older move games had all said there wasn’t much personality to them. Well, make things customizable. Unlockable equipment. Maybe starting out with some uneducated and annoying caddy and then you earn money to buy a smarter one as the game goes on.

Alright, I went too far. Just give us Hot Shots golf with customizable characters. DEEP customizable characters.

+ nino1911 on October 11th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

i can see that family working in a sitcom

+ pitythefool852 on October 11th, 2010 at 1:38 pm said:

Did someone actually carefully angle that cola bottle so that it was facing just the right way as the refrigerator closes?

Still, great commercial. For me it was better than the Viking one. KB is back on form

+ TheGuardianFID on October 11th, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

You’re Adopted, o_O BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! KB FTW!!! 8)

+ dc_fusion on October 11th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

@Sony – just a suggestion – please specify if future ps3 games (front or back case cover) allows for navigation controller. I thought NBA 2k11 would; got the Nav; and found out NO! Thanks.

PS – it is too weird to play games with Move controller in one hand and Dualshock 3 in another.

+ GreyLynx on October 11th, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

“You’re adopted”

I would have taken the swing and looked at the old man like “WTF!”

+ biral123 on October 11th, 2010 at 3:32 pm said:

You’re adopted!

+ biral123 on October 11th, 2010 at 3:33 pm said:

Did anyone noticed the games were repeating at :25? :/

+ GAM3R_16 on October 11th, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

vuvuzela fail adoption win!

+ ForgiveMyAim on October 11th, 2010 at 3:35 pm said:

These commercials are always funny

+ TriangleOffense on October 11th, 2010 at 4:31 pm said:

online multiplayer patch for sports champions ASAP

+ Thrasher20 on October 11th, 2010 at 7:34 pm said:

That dude Kevin Butler is in a movie called 44 Minutes: North Hollywood Shootout.

PAGE 1 2