Far Cry 4

PlayStation Move: It Only Does Family Showdowns

Peter Dille's Avatar + Posted by Peter Dille on Oct 11, 2010 // Senior Vice President, Marketing & PlayStation Network

PlayStation Nation,

It has been more than two weeks since the launch of PlayStation Move here in North America and we’re blown away by the fantastic reception we’ve received from avid gamers, new gamers, the press and retailers. Positive reviews continue to pour in for PlayStation Move, with one critic labeling it “the pinnacle of motion-sensing technology” and and another crediting it with going “further than any other system to date in bridging the physical and virtual worlds.”

By now you’ve hopefully gotten your hands on PlayStation Move and have seen Kevin Butler’s big “move-in” with the Maguire family. With a few weeks under their belts, the family raises the stakes with a little friendly competition on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11. EA Sports has done a fantastic job highlighting the incredible precision of PlayStation Move with a game that the Wall Street Journal recently pointed to as being one of the best justifications for getting your hands on a PlayStation Move.

Part of the inspiration for this next commercial came directly from Tiger as a young boy. Tiger’s father Earl would rattle the change in his pocket to teach him not to be distracted. Well, the Maguires have kicked this up a notch or two.

We have many more PlayStation Move games coming for the holiday including The Fight: Light Out and SingStar Dance which will hit stores later this fall. These two games couldn’t be more different: one is a gritty bare-knuckle brawler that lets you throw punches with 1:1 precision and the other offers an engaging and entertaining experience for the whole family. We’re confident that both will deliver hours of fun for the entire family.

In the meantime, grab a copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 and see if the PlayStation Move’s precision helps your game!

57 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ Neil on October 11th, 2010 at 7:53 pm said:

Nice. I actually just ordered a bunch of Move games today/.

+ MadMeat001 on October 12th, 2010 at 10:57 am said:

Keep up the good work Peter Dille!

+ Evil_Mecha on October 16th, 2010 at 4:59 pm said:

Playstation Move: It only does Lightsabers.

Please tell me this is true. Please Sony, make a Lightsaber controller for Move!

+ pm85 on October 17th, 2010 at 6:16 pm said:

i just bought tiger woods and the move because of this… thanks KB

+ ugabradbob on October 27th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

Wow, that quite frankly saddens me how many people latch on to that “You’re adopted” line. As a social worker for an adoption agency, it breaks my heart that our society keeps propagating these stereotypes, like that adopted children aren’t valid or valued members of the family. Did the grandfather mean that as an insult? It’s all fun and games until you have to sit down with a crying child and explain to her that having been adopted is a wonderful thing, not the reason for insults.

+ Menace02U on November 2nd, 2010 at 10:24 am said:

Is it a crime now to be adopted… is it Sony? My parents adopted me when I was just a baby. They have provided nothing but love for me. I am perturbed by this commercial thinking that some how… adopted children are less than human, or don’t belong. If this was done thinking it was going to be funny, think again Sony!

+ Nvtr008 on November 5th, 2010 at 7:42 pm said:

I completely agree with Ugabradbob and Menace02U. When I first saw the commercial I was thinking “oh that looks cool” and then the “you’re adopted line” came in. You can forget about me buying anything else from you!!!! May I ask what adopted people like myself did to be put down by Sony. And you may think I’m just oversensitive but really why should being adopted cause children to feel that they’re unloved and cause them to think of the situation they were originally born into? Hey I’ve got an idea, since bullying is such a major issue in schools, Sony why don’t you encourage people to bully adopted children? That sounds like a great idea.

I’ve never thought of buying an Xbox before but hey, I think I’ll treat myself to an Xbox Kinect. Bye Sony.

PAGE 1 2