PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Search for Invizimals Begins Today Using PSP’s New Camera

Melissa Dolan's Avatar + Posted by Melissa Dolan on Oct 12, 2010 // Public Relations Manager

Hi everyone! This is my first official PlayStation.Blog entry, and I want to let you know Invizimals for the PSP system is available in stores beginning today AND it comes bundled with our new camera! This is the first camera-based PSP game for North America.

Imagine being able to search for invisible animals but you can only do it with your PSP system. Just point the camera to locate virtual creatures anywhere– behind sofas, into corners, and under bushes and they will pop up on your PSP system screen. With a magical trap (rectangular shaped card also included with the game), you interact with the monsters by grabbing, tickling and luring them into your collection. With over 120 creatures to capture, indulge in a single player game of magical discovery or enjoy multiplayer action online. You can battle by using special moves such as blowing onto the camera to create a hurricane; shaking the PSP system to start an earthquake, or casting a shadow over the battlefield to deploy a lightning strike. You can also take pictures of your monster collection and trade online with friends.

Invisimals for PSPInvisimals for PSP

Invisimals for PSPInvisimals for PSP

This is a fun one for PSP fans! We’d like to thank Novarama and Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, Liverpool Studio for all of their hard work in coming up with Invizimals and allowing fans to become virtual monster hunters! We’re really excited to bring Invizmals and the new PSP camera to you guys!

Invizimals including the camera for the PSP retails for $39.99. Also, there is an Invizimals PSP Entertainment Pack available today too at retailers nationwide for $199.99 containing a special “Vibrant Blue” PSP-3000 system, Invizimals game on UMD, a camera for the PSP system, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs movie on UMD, and a 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo storage media. One thing to note: Invizimals is not compatible with PSPgo.

60 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ TripG on October 12th, 2010 at 6:06 pm said:

I don’t get it. The bundle includes a 1 gig memory card! Why bother? I didnt even think companies made such a low sized card anymore.

And as for the camera, why on Earth would Sony release a .3 – yes folks thats “point 3″ or “decimal 3″ – megapixel camera.
Most cheap cell phones have 3.5 megapixel cameras in them. And even that is slowly encroaching on the low side.

I really like the idea of a camera for the PSP, but honestly, this is too little, too late, and way too little megapixels to be worthwhile.

But not to sound completly negative – the new coloured PSP in the bundle is very sweet. I would pick one up in a heart beat if it was available separately. Very good job on whoever came up with that colour scheme.

+ letherclad on October 12th, 2010 at 6:23 pm said:

Im pretty sure that I’m double the target age, but I picked this up today, I couldn’t resist

+ lanis01 on October 12th, 2010 at 9:01 pm said:

Sony, just admit the PSP Go was a mistake. That would make all the PSP Go owners out there know just why this game won’t be available to them. Come on, show some balls.

+ CEOIII1117 on October 12th, 2010 at 11:55 pm said:

So, is the camera available separately, or do I actually have to buy this Pokemon Snap knockoff?

+ Lucos9 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:16 am said:

I could care less about invisimals. just sell the camera separately and make it work with skype. until then, I’m not buyin it.

+ Vu_Prime on October 13th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Saweet! This game looks amzing! I can’t wait to try it out on my pspGooooOOOOOOOOO NoOOOOoOOOOO! No pspGo love…. makes me sad :'(

+ Noaxzl on October 17th, 2010 at 9:42 am said:

I already imported this game months ago It’s an interesting attempt at the Pokemon formula, but it didn’t really hold my interest. The single player campaign is cheesy, the battles aren’t really that entertaining, and if you don’t have some specific colors in your living arrangement, then you’re screwed as far as capturing some invizimals go. Then again, I am playing the PAL version of the game, so I might be missing out on some added features that the NA version has.

Oh well. I’ll just wait for the sequel to be released in the states.

+ GhostMatter on October 18th, 2010 at 11:26 am said:

The PSP Go was my first Playstation product and I’m certainly not interested in buying any more current products. PSP Go support has been incredibly poor or non-existent.

Can I get a refund for my PSP Go?

+ clumzy213 on October 18th, 2010 at 5:40 pm said:

anyone know whats the cam resolution

+ Poptropica777 on October 20th, 2010 at 4:17 pm said:

I know!! Why in the world did it take so long to get the PSP camera to North America?!

But I’ve got to admit…they really did a kick’n job!!

I don’t have one yet…but I know that it’s awesome!

I can’t wait to get it!!! I’m so excited!!!!

PAGE 1 2