PS4 - Destiny

Gran Turismo 5 Release Update

Taku Imasaki's Avatar + Posted by Taku Imasaki on Oct 13, 2010 // Producer, SCEA

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

We’ll have more information for you in the near future.

911 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 19

+ BloodiedWraith on October 13th, 2010 at 7:33 am said:

Wow… I guess the good news is I don’t have to worry about buying so many games in the course of a month. I think companies need to wait a little bit longer than they do now before revealing games; after so long people sometimes don’t want the game as much as they did when it was announced several years before.

+ humad01 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

Can’t wait :D

Perfect racing experience Coming Soon!

November 2nd.

+ zombie9 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:36 am said:

LOL Delayed again and knew it glad I didn’t pre order!!!
Delaystaion 3 :)

+ BLEACH-Fan on October 13th, 2010 at 7:37 am said:

OH COME…..wait this doesn’t affect the UK release does it??

+ gocar on October 13th, 2010 at 7:37 am said:

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hate you

+ Powie on October 13th, 2010 at 7:37 am said:

Did you guys hire all those ex-Duke Nukem programmers?

+ xuipid on October 13th, 2010 at 7:39 am said:

SHOCKER!!!!!!!! Nothing like delaying an already overly delayed game last minute.

+ shazbot-finubus on October 13th, 2010 at 7:39 am said:

really?

my heart goes out to all the GT fans out there. hopefully it will be all worth it

+ GTP_Zimmerd on October 13th, 2010 at 7:39 am said:

This really isn’t funny. A lot of us were counting down the days. With only 20 days to go now there’s a delay.
I’m sorry, and we don’t even get a proper reason for the delay.
I hope you guys give us the exact reason VERY soon Soony

+ purplestream on October 13th, 2010 at 7:40 am said:

come on. i thought it would be next month! what a dissapointment.

+ kinadian on October 13th, 2010 at 7:40 am said:

I’d like to know what they consider the “holiday season”. In terms of video game releases, I always thought November was part of the holiday.

+ Superstrokey1123 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:40 am said:

@#6

No even they would would be disappointed by this.

This is honestly becoming on joke after another with this game. I have been waiting so long for this and its just issue after issue. All the extra BS they added to this game (like kart racing? FFS are you serious?) better be good and have deserved the delay. For all the delays gamers better be awarded with something amazing…

I can only wait to see what happens on the DLC scene with this game as well…

+ Nauraph on October 13th, 2010 at 7:41 am said:

Hmm.. this is one of those titles that they shouldn’t delay, after such a long wait. (I do think this is the first official delay though)

+ ChocoDK on October 13th, 2010 at 7:41 am said:

Lol! Delayed again! Not that I care about this game but it just keeps on getting delayed like crazy. It sucks for all those waiting for this game.

+ purplestream on October 13th, 2010 at 7:41 am said:

this isn’t funny anymore

+ VectorRaven on October 13th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

Sony you guys…no words.

+ Miami_13 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

At this point all I can do is laugh. haha, wow.

+ GTP_Zimmerd on October 13th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

It’s the first after last year in December, although that was a delay for the Japanese version.. Although that doesn’t matter in my mind. A delay is a delay:s And a delay so close before release comes extra hard in the balls.

+ razor_sharp84 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

I guess I’ll definitely be picking up Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit now. I was really looking forward to getting GT5 on November 2.

+ SPARDA on October 13th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

My logitech G27 wheel is ready when you are. The delay don’t bother me as long the game is shipped as polished as it can be.

+ SGAShepp on October 13th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

LOL again? oh well.. Quality over Quantity I guess :P

+ CH1N1T0- on October 13th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

oh noes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn… you better make up for it and ensure that the experience is awesome otherwise.. nah I just love SOny, can’t do anything haha

+ TheHedon on October 13th, 2010 at 7:42 am said:

2012 maybe?

+ spatsnaz on October 13th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

I’m completely baffled at this. There better be an incredibly good reason for this.

+ The1stMJC on October 13th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

Sony’s Duke Nukem delayed again.

+ TheDarkestKitten on October 13th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

I bet that this is more a marketing scheme by Sony than anything else…

I want the dang game!

+ JeanPaulV8 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

So.. delayed again.. and this holiday season we’ll hear: ‘Sorry guys, GT5 is again delayed to december 2011!’ How can you do this?

+ trounbyfire on October 13th, 2010 at 7:43 am said:

please market the game you have even more time to make better tv as.
MARKET THE DANG GAME for once SONY please.

+ Axonn on October 13th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

This is sad. But we have no choice, must just wait.

+ Seeing_Red_Again on October 13th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

First Socom 4, then LittleBigPlanet 2, and now Gran Turismo 5? This is extremely ddisappointing

+ phatmax53 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

Geez, after several years of waiting and the putting up a pre-order, this is the thanks I get?? I am think I might go get my money back and cancel my order. Ive waited this long, I might just wait till someone gets tired of it and buy it used.

+ fernandolins on October 13th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

Wow, seriously? Isn’t this like the 9th delay or something?
Please, only announce games 2 weeks before release from now on.

And you guys so owe us some amazing free DLCs for this. All this anxiety is bad for my health.

+ Dark_Vincent on October 13th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

lmao another delay. This is turning into Gran Turismo Forever. Man, I feel for those GT fans out there. My friends were counting down the days with only what, 20 days left?

Seriously, there better be a compensation for this.

+ TheDarkestKitten on October 13th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

Also… I’ve held off buying so many games because I wanted to have a clean slate for GT5…

+ backbreaker65 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

Well this game will not meet sales expectations, that’s for sure. Time to go for Need For Speed. PS and Sony you’re Joke!!

+ I3rand0 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:44 am said:

Here we go again… lol

+ hardvibes on October 13th, 2010 at 7:45 am said:

This is a joke right?

+ PirateThom on October 13th, 2010 at 7:45 am said:

Perfect racing experience is one thing, but “holiday season” means before the end of the year… what can be done in a few weeks that can’t be done in a post-release patch?

The wait has been ridiculous and it’s just compounding and getting more ridiculous. Not to take anything away from what PD are doing, but 3 weeks before release isn’t the time to announce any sort of delay.

+ DWeezy91 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:45 am said:

My second-most anticipated game of all time and I can’t even get my hands on it…..

If it were to slip into 2011, I don’t know what I would do.

+ mrmattsly on October 13th, 2010 at 7:45 am said:

Not for nothing, we get a lot games with bugs that are just unfinished. I would rather wait another month then curse at the game because it freezes every 10 minutes.

+ agenthitman75 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:45 am said:

its beyond a joke now!!!! it better not be 50quid when its released.

+ ChibiMrBubbles on October 13th, 2010 at 7:45 am said:

SCEA literally delays SOCOM 4, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Gran Turismo 5.

In return? Playstation Move.

Not. Cool.

+ Kommitt3d on October 13th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

It’s really annoying when a game gets pushed back a couple months, but it’s really bad when games get pushed back several years…

+ mafelie71 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

Ok another good reason to go for Hot Pursuit NFS

+ backbreaker65 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

Early on people used to call Playstation 3, Delay Station because they kept telling us to wait games will come. Now this late in the console cycle and experiencing all these delays from Socom to LBP and Now GT5. DELAY STATION IT IS.

+ mrmattsly on October 13th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

But I bet it has to do with the body of the new NASCAR nose next season.

+ Superstrokey1123 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:46 am said:

Ok so are all my calendars wrong or something and its really April 1?

+ eyesofreality03 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:47 am said:

thank godi didn’t pre order, oh well,more time in the oven means a better game …right?

+ joostin on October 13th, 2010 at 7:47 am said:

Anyone complaining is just dense or too young to understand time. Delayed yes, but still releasing this holiday season. That means instead of releasing within 20 days, it will be releasing somewhere between 20 – 60 days. Really not the biggest deal.

+ VIPERGTS01 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:47 am said: