Bloodborne

Gran Turismo 5 Release Update

Taku Imasaki's Avatar + Posted by Taku Imasaki on Oct 13, 2010 // Producer, SCEA

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

We’ll have more information for you in the near future.

911 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3 4 19

+ Andrefpvs on October 13th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

That’s it, I’m off to practice seppuku now. Bye world!

+ DMPrince on October 13th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

Stop complaining. This delay is great. I SUPPORT this.

+ Keyop on October 13th, 2010 at 7:48 am said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

+ PirateThom on October 13th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

@41 Exactly, Sony’s already weak holiday line up is just further weakened by unspecfied dates for GT5.

We’re, once again, at “rough date” even though the date was set. The game should be gold, should be on its way to stores, not going backwards.

It’s ridiculous, what is the real reason for the delay? CoD?

+ Dark_Vincent on October 13th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

@48 that’s if they don’t delay it again.

+ JoyedCurse on October 13th, 2010 at 7:49 am said:

i’m worried about the game. seriously.

+ FIREKNIGHT2029 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:50 am said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I thought I would be playing it in less than a month! This is terrible news. You guys should hurry up and tell us the new release date!

+ Superstrokey1123 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:50 am said:

@48

The people who are really dense are those that have any faith that Sony wont delay it again…

+ Frulond on October 13th, 2010 at 7:50 am said:

GDI!

I guess from now on we should not trust in any release dates given by Sony at E3, cause this is the 2nd time i’ve been looking forward for a title for years and gets freaking delayed.

I’m sorry but it sux so bad. >_<

+ JnF_Gho5t on October 13th, 2010 at 7:50 am said:

Sigh*, I was really expecting this game November 2nd. I really hope it does release in December.

+ hardvibes on October 13th, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

Sony, you know you’re committing suicide. Right?

+ Griffisu on October 13th, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

Why can’t the game be released and patched as time goes by?

This is being developed by Sony, so I doubt there would be costs for doing so (releasing patches).

Valve does this incredibly well with their own products. I don’t understand what’s stopping them from doing the same.

+ Korbei83 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

Never saw this coming….

+ dragonmagician on October 13th, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

Wow…disaster holiday for PS3, almost all exclusives are delayed. I guess it is time for Sony to reduce those hardware shipment estimates.

+ Francision69 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:51 am said:

Why am I not surprised? I was expecting a delay. Expect another delay all the way up to 2012. lol

+ McSaTeN on October 13th, 2010 at 7:52 am said:

Thats it, i’m convinced this game is never going to release. I knew it was too good to be true. Remember how many times GT4 was delayed?

+ Superstrokey1123 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:52 am said:

Ok im a bit calmer now, how long of a delay are we looking at here? Like 1 week? 2 weeks? Launching on Decemeber 24th? Clarity is the issue here guys…

+ Imphobia on October 13th, 2010 at 7:52 am said:

I’m really disappointed, I hope the reasons behind this other delay are worth it.

+ captain_archer on October 13th, 2010 at 7:52 am said:

Come on Sony / Polyphony! Now I know no matter how much I moan, the game will not come out any quicker. However this is just absolutely disgraceful, to have a delay within 3 weeks of release!?!?!?!? This game has been delayed so many times now, I mean come on one delay, maybe two, but why keep putting out release dates if you are not 100% sure it will be ready. I have always loved GT, GT4 took so much of my time and gave me so much enjoyment, it was a platform to showcase Playstation and I understand it must do the same for PS3 but this is no reason to keep doing this to the supportive and paying fans. All you are doing is making us resentful and bitter against Sony and Polyphony. I’m sorry but this has really annoyed me, it is not good enough.

+ zKAPOWz on October 13th, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

this game is pretty much the laughing stock of the game world now.

+ Dark_Vincent on October 13th, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

They are adding Toy Cars, or something.

+ albert-poodinger on October 13th, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

This game has taken way too long as it is, and this delay just kills whatever interest I had left in it.

+ GoDs_RaMbO on October 13th, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

anyone think it’s possible they are just messing with us?

+ EDWINDOWS-NL on October 13th, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

Come on, you can’t be serious!?!? If you announce a releasedate, than make sure you make it. After the LBP2 delay there’s nothing left for me this holiday season.

Sure, respect to you guys for moving these games out of the holiday season, losing a lot of sales, just to make sure you deliver us the best possible experience, but this sucks big time. Especially since the 5 year wait was ALMOST over.

+ ZarraN on October 13th, 2010 at 7:53 am said:

Sorry but I need to write this

PS3 has NO GAMEZ

What games do the PS3 have this fall?? Open the Killzone 3 beta for everyone this fall and have a Socom 4 beta over the holidays.

+ MLZ911 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:54 am said:

what the heck is left to buy for PS3 now?

+ Ocean-Ripple on October 13th, 2010 at 7:54 am said:

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

:P

+ yzfmike on October 13th, 2010 at 7:54 am said:

This the First delay of the release of GT5 for USA. There was only ONE release date in the world and that was back in March for Japan ONLY. So this is just a small bump in the road for us.

+ GusRocket on October 13th, 2010 at 7:54 am said:

Why????

Sony this is not cool!! We dont want something so perfect that will never be aviable to us!! This is very sad for all costumers…

Shame on you.

+ McSaTeN on October 13th, 2010 at 7:55 am said:

@60

I totally agree, I could so care less about 3D support!!!

+ twooh on October 13th, 2010 at 7:55 am said:

Wowzers.

Another delay for a delayed game? Never even seen it coming. Maybe the devs are trying to make the crashes even more fake than they already are? May be hard to top the trashy wreckage quality though.

Sony, sony, sony. You givith, takith away, delay and still want us to give you our pay. Not gonna happen with me anymore.

+ EatDeath on October 13th, 2010 at 7:55 am said:

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Sponge-worthy on October 13th, 2010 at 7:55 am said:

Which will release first? GT5 or Duke Nukem Forever? Place your bets!

+ Einhander138 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:56 am said:

What about all the great games for Move to tide us over?

*snicker*

+ WeedStatE on October 13th, 2010 at 7:57 am said:

LOL …this just look like the Wolf tale xD

+ BadSephiroth on October 13th, 2010 at 7:57 am said:

Ridiculous…

+ ddb216 on October 13th, 2010 at 7:57 am said:

Really at this point No one is surprised. Just confirm that this game never existed, and its been a whole hoax to see just how far along we would wait for the game until we finally gave up hope and we’ll actually be satisfied.

Seriously tho there should be a bet, what gets released first, Dr. Dre’s Detox or Gran Turismo 5

+ stiffshifter on October 13th, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

Hopefully GT5 won’t have the release cycle of GT Mobile. It’s not like they delayed that game for years at a clip or anything like that…

+ avapug on October 13th, 2010 at 7:58 am said:

Great another delay! I love delays.

+ Ramage on October 13th, 2010 at 7:59 am said:

Didn’t realize this was DNF meets FF

+ DonnyG on October 13th, 2010 at 7:59 am said:

pathetic…

+ FlyingDutchee on October 13th, 2010 at 8:00 am said:

With all the hype and all the delays surrounding this game the expectations are so high by now that I’m sure they are almost too afraid to actually release the product ;P What a joke! I think it’s more likely I’ll be playing Duke Nuke’em Forever before GT5 hahaha

+ Robotdevil28 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:01 am said:

Big surprise! This game is so overdue, how can it live up to the expectations? This game has to be so great now, unless it gives you a handy when you open the case I think we are going to be disappointed.

+ zod18 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:01 am said:

Then give us at least a PSN demo -.-
Noone would complain about delays anymore if a proper demo is being released before launch.

+ Mastodon_Slayer on October 13th, 2010 at 8:03 am said:

IIIIDDDIIIOOOTTTSSSSS

+ mew_frenger on October 13th, 2010 at 8:04 am said:

so gt5 is the new duke nukem

+ Stoffinator on October 13th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

So its true, this game is never coming out.

+ simbatool on October 13th, 2010 at 8:05 am said:

you can’t be serious about this? first you raised the price for the Signature Edition from 179€ to 230€ and now you push it into the holiday season? what would KB say? OH COME ON!

+ TheShape108 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

This sucks, how hard is it to set a goal 5+ years from your last game and not meet that goal? I already traded my Thanksgiving Holiday at work to get the 2nd and 3rd off, thanks guys you’re a real class act.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 19