PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Gran Turismo 5 Release Update

Taku Imasaki's Avatar + Posted by Taku Imasaki on Oct 13, 2010 // Producer, SCEA

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

We’ll have more information for you in the near future.

911 Comments

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 19

+ Calmador on October 13th, 2010 at 8:38 am said:

Delay Station 3…

+ vladspartan on October 13th, 2010 at 8:39 am said:

DELAYED??AGAIN??
ONLY BECAUSE THAT SHI… OF MOVE AND 3D!!

I DONT WANT PLAY GAMES OF RACING WITH THIS BULLS…
3D OR MOVE IN GRAN TURISMO 5??ARGHHHH I DONT GIVE A S…

I WANNA PLAY THE RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

SORRY FOR THAT WORDS BUT I HAVE A REASON.
GT 5 IS THE PERFECT FOR HIMSELF

DONT NEED 3D OR MOVE.

PEACE

AND PLEASE GIVE US GT 5 IN 11.2.2010

PSN ID:VLADSPARTAN

+ Uustolli on October 13th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

I will boycott this and buy this game from secondhand market!

+ oldwarpig69 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:40 am said:

Ach ich kann warten.

+ celtkoby on October 13th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

I bet it’ll be delayed again, then Sony will cancel it claiming it costs too much

Or, it’ll be quietly forgotten about

+ The7thLevel on October 13th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

Okay, that’s it. I’m done with it. Gran Turismo 5 is officially becoming the next Duke Nukem Forever. So you know what? If… IF… it comes out before December 31st, it’ll be my turn to let them wait… because I won’t be buying it until it’s 19.99 used at the Gamestop.

+ Sw1tch on October 13th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

You gotta be [DELETED] kidding me….

+ JnF_Gho5t on October 13th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

Release the demo atleast!

+ system_fa1-ure on October 13th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

release the game now, or i’ll kill myself. and you afterwards. [just joking].

+ Gamefreakazoid on October 13th, 2010 at 8:42 am said:

When this game is finally released, let us see and prove it if there is still any bug or patch needed to fix error on it then it means that PG team was not honest when they said about delaying in order to making it more perfect….

+ Sele1981 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:42 am said:

You (Sony) think you will make more money on christmas with GT5 but nearly all pre-orders get cancelled and as I know GT5 was on the #1 spot for preordered games…

+ celtkoby on October 13th, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

Oh, addition to my last comment

GT5 = 5yrs in the making, just as long in the delays

+ nozeca_ca on October 13th, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

Gran Turismo 5 the real ‘delaying’ simulator

+ RedGiant17 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:45 am said:

Can we just call it Gran Turismo 6 yet?

+ tylerdurden1999 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

This is beyond ridiculous at this point. You can’t support your customers like this. People want to give you their $60. Get the game out already. How can anyone at this point defend Sony over their competitors for the holiday release schedule. Sony does not have 1 AAA title. Microsoft puts out Halo and Fable and Sony can’t even release one of their 3 previously announced holiday titles. This is pathetic, no game should be delayed this many times. Don’t lie to your fans. Sony, I realize it’s hard but stop trying to be a laughing stock for at least a little while.

+ bbonds_007 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:47 am said:

Are you [DELETED] kidding me? This is pathetic, ship the damn game already!!!!!!

+ Elwood74 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:48 am said:

So tired of this. The “Perfect” game better include wind in my hair, and the smell of rubber and brake pads.

I’ll still be buying this, because I honestly bought the PS3 for this game….years ago. What it will do is make me regret NOT getting the xbox. The next gen console decision has been made.

+ ruffrider03gt on October 13th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

This is upsetting. I thought I would be playing the game in a few more weeks. I think at this point with all the delays and let downs I am just not going to buy the game at all.

+ esko on October 13th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

That’s it I give up on this game ever coming out
Big Big let down…………..

+ system_fa1-ure on October 13th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

I’ll wait patiently for this, because ive just realized that all those big-hit games [Halo Reach, Forza 3] are bad. I’m also not keen about Black Ops because as far as i’m concerned the graphics and physics are going to be the same as MW2. So PD better make this game flawless, otherways it’ll lose a bunch of customers and fans. After 4 years’ worth of delays, we expect this game to have no bugs/glitches/flaws in it.

+ SKOT_FREE on October 13th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

WTF?! Why the delay again? Polyphony/Sony you do realize people have other options for gaming right? I was looking forward to Thanksgiving week to play GT5 and now you are killing your own hype! Also Real classy how you disabled Responses to this delay issue on Facebook! If this is about Adding 3D support I’ll never buy 3D anything ever. It’s bad enough that this 3D/Motion controller crap has taken over gaming, even worse when it gets games delayed! Good day gentlemen! Damn it!

+ Kane22_ on October 13th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

i love how there’s so many people complaining when i bet half of u weren’t getting it anyway. plus this is the very first time Sony has delayed GT5 here in America. and for all the people calling PlayStation 3 delaystation 3. ill say this at least we have games to look forward to real soon that r exclusive can u say the same. idiots.

+ EspadaKiller on October 13th, 2010 at 8:50 am said:

Seriously this is really screwed up, really.

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 13th, 2010 at 8:51 am said:

CoD Black Ops took out LBP2 and GT5 in one well aimed headshot! Duke Nukem Forever 2 will be out before GT5!! XD

+ Deviation on October 13th, 2010 at 8:53 am said:

This is some kind of bad joke, right?

+ Korbei83 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

You’ve delayed your entire holiday release schedule for what?

What do you plan on selling for Christmas? Just PlayStation Move? Forget it.

+ Jimmy_Cosmos on October 13th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

“We’ll have more information for you in the near future.”

like all of the detailed info & full car/track/feature lists we’ve been given up to this point on GT5??? GT5 is the best kept secret in the industry! Just scrap the whole project and make Omega Boost 2.

+ milksterZ24 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

I had a feeling this was going to happen. I attended the Sony Playstation Holiday Preview event last week in Toronto and while standing in line to play GT5 I was watching the other people playing the game when it crashed really bad. A guy hit a wall and then his car was spinning in mid air with nothing around him and the track about 100 feet below him. Then when I was playing, i’m coming up to the first left turn on Nurburgring all i saw was my car and everything else turned to green. After driving for a bit it fixed itself.

No wonder they are delaying the release.

+ JL84wolf on October 13th, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

OMG ! after, Socom 4, LBP 2 and NOW GT 5 as delayed sometimes in holiday season -_- I’m lost my words …

+ rAdIOhEad73 on October 13th, 2010 at 8:57 am said:

In other news, Christmas has been officially delayed!!!!
it will be around July next year to accommodate the new GT5 release date.

+ MastrGT on October 13th, 2010 at 8:59 am said:

While waiting a bit longer for GT5, why not come to your GT forum here and meet the drivers who are still active with Prologue?

+ Zioni on October 13th, 2010 at 9:00 am said:

Again?! As much as I hate playing Forza, but you guys are really giving me no choice but to jump ship to the other side. If this were any other game I would go cancel my preorder, this s*** is ridiculous.

+ KryptonianCK on October 13th, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

It’s beyond ridiculous ! I’m cancelling my pre-order ! Sony, you’re stupid and making fools of us ! Like no one knows you only do that for your stupid money ! YAAAY RIGHT BEFORE XMAS SO THAT YOU GET PLENTY !
Okay now, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit all the way even if it’s a different kinda racing game !

+ W-R-N-33 on October 13th, 2010 at 9:01 am said:

muito triste isso , eu ja tava contando os dias

+ MUGEN02 on October 13th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

4 years waiting for this game while my PS3 collects dust between playing poor first party titles and half assed 3rd party titles and now it gets delayed with only 3 weeks left to the release! I’ll be waiting again while playing black ops on my 360.

+ Bandit-BR on October 13th, 2010 at 9:03 am said:

The only real problem with this delay is that, well, can ANYBODY trust the game will actually be released this Holiday?

I really don’t know what to say besides gutural sounds filled with anger and hate.

At this point, the game is arleady complete! I mean, its release date was 3 weeks from today, it should probably be shipping to the stores in a few days, wich means it should be pressed and printed by… yesterday?

Well, whatever. This game is either complete and ready to go or it never existed. And I would like to believe it exists.

The ‘perfect racing experience’ and ‘exceed expectations’ crap was nice two years ago, but NOW there’s no expectations left. The guy-who-likes-racing gamer will be fine with NFS and so, but there’s actually some GT fans out there and we want to play some damn GT.

Please. Stop delaying it. Stop givin us dates and hopes and release it in a surprise date. Don’t tell anyone. At this point, only GT fans will bother to buy the game anyway, so you should stop caring about gettin all those millions back, ’cause you won’t.

+ Licantrox on October 13th, 2010 at 9:04 am said:

This is NOT FAIR!

+ RSQSlither on October 13th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

+ BigBoss712 on October 13th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

wow you guys suck at release days.

+ w_a_i_n on October 13th, 2010 at 9:05 am said:

A sad day…

BUT, I’ve played GT5 at UK BETA ROOMS. It’s awesome! You can’t begin to appreciate the detail from online vids!

I’VE 1 WISH. Pls Kaz, inc a livery editor now. Why?

In a well know console game, I recreate paint for famous cars. Alitalia Stratos/Fiat 131, Nissan 240, 2000GT-R, Integrale, etc…

There’s an audience who don’t drive but paint for others! They’ll buy GT5 to show off their work!

My cars can take over a week. I sell cars to create in-game credits. I then buy, modify and tune my cars and gift them free to friends. I’m in a mature-age clan. I run time trials for members around the globe, to do offline – when they have the time… we’re a small clan…

Via an editor, designers will buy into the franchise, despite the fact they won’t drive!

Be excited all of you! Eat, sleep, and work now. At launch you’ll have little time for any of it!

:D

I’ve just booked some days off work! I’ll cancel em, though I’m unlikely to get time off in Dec…

+ ProjectInfiniti on October 13th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

LMFAO at the rating on this post. You guys got big ones posting the update.

Seriously, just scrap this game. Gran Vaporware…..

+ gumi42 on October 13th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

not a good move, in any way shape or form. You had the week before COD and you would have made huge sales before xmas this year but for some reason you want to throw it down the drain.
This will definitely cause some to switch sides while waiting for the perfect racing game that obviously isn’t ever going to be released. Way to fold on a perfectly good hand.

+ i_like_toast on October 13th, 2010 at 9:06 am said:

*insert sad face here*

+ mclaren777 on October 13th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

@NeoGAF: I totally called it! :p

+ ProjectInfiniti on October 13th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Give us a demo or something!!! >:(

+ braddahBECK on October 13th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Come on son!! Quit bull shettin and give me my dope. If sony headquarters was anywhere near me i would go in there and scream at somebody. Release the game then patch it!!

+ Gilly2821 on October 13th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

I can see it all now. GT5 finally comes out and a week later the Playstation4 is released. This is very disappointing.

+ chrishjericho on October 13th, 2010 at 9:09 am said:

unbelievable,how much time do they want? I defend sony alot, but this is beyond Ridiculous.

+ ProjectInfiniti on October 13th, 2010 at 9:10 am said:

Reading the post seems like the guy quickly typed this up and ran away from the angry mob headed his way as soon as he clicked “submit” XD

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 19