Uncharted 4

Oct 13

Oct 13

Surround Sound System for PS3 Available Next Week

Anand Agarwal's Avatar Posted by Sr. Manager, Platforms Marketing

Hi all! Back at E3, we had announced that we will be releasing an all-in-one Surround Sound System for the PS3 system with built-in subwoofer. A device made for the ultimate gamer, the Surround Sound System will be available next week in the U.S. and Canada. It’s perfect for use with games and Blu-ray movies and more importantly, is easy to use. You’ll be able to enjoy immersive audio by simply placing the Surround Sound System in front of the television and connecting it to the PS3 system with the optical digital cable. The sleek design of the Sound Bar compliments the design of your PS3.

Surround Sound System for PS3

Surround Sound System for PS3 Surround Sound System for PS3

So, why pick up the Surround Sound System? The Surround Sound System utilizes cutting-edge technologies, including Sony’s S-Force PRO Front Surround Sound that creates the equivalent of a home theater system, bringing to life in-game sounds not normally audible with conventional acoustic systems. Bringing in SCE’s expertise in both entertainment and technology acquired from developing games, four sound fields and two sound modes have been designed with the help of our expert game sound designers. Check out this video that has excerpts from our conversations with the game sound design team:

To learn more about the features and specifications of this Sound Bar, visit our web site. Many retailers across the country have it on display as well. Visit one of the online retailers listed on our website for more info. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

ukmyodaman said:

October 16th, 10:56 am

Question? I’m going to use the optical cable to connect the sound bar but i noticed that my HDTV has an optical out slot. Was wandering if it would be better to connect the sound bar to the TV or to the PS3?

DarkOne_PR said:

October 16th, 11:48 am

180$!! too much :( will it be sold at gamestop so i can buy it with discount? :)

Nante75 said:

October 18th, 8:03 am

Can someone please tell me when this is coming out? I know it’s this week. But when? today? tomorrow? Friday? when?

st_trueblue said:

October 21st, 8:42 am

I was just wondering if this will be a good buy for listening to music via your PS3. The only game i play is Fifa and most of my ps3 use goes in Netflix and music. Or should i opt for sony soundbars.

Please advice. Thanks!

kNoWlEdGe22 said:

October 21st, 12:26 pm

I’m with Nante75… when is this dropping? I saw on the gamestop website that it was today, but it doesn’t seem to be in any shops…

zergterror said:

October 21st, 8:28 pm

Hi can you tell me what’s inside the box beside the remote and the system please. Wonder if it comes with the optical cable and the stand for the ps3.

cbran138 said:

October 23rd, 5:14 pm

@kNoWIEdGe22 and Nante75: I’ve also been curious as to when this is going to be released. Earlier in the week I read that it was going to be released on October 22nd, which was yesterday. I went to my local Best Buy and didn’t see it there. However, I ended up reading today that it is going to be released on October 26th, which is this upcoming Tuesday. I hope that is indeed when this thing is finally released.

@zergterror: I believe there is an optical cable that comes with the soundbar that is in the box, but I don’t think there is any stand for the PS3. You can go to YouTube and search “playstation 3 soundbar” and it will come up with some videos of people unpackaging or testing out the sound system. Obviously it will not sound exactly the same as it would in a store where you can hear it in person, but judging from those videos I saw it sounds pretty solid, especially for the price and what you get.

James_Deacon_UK said:

October 24th, 8:29 am

I currently have these: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logic3-Soundstation-Speaker-System-PS3/dp/B000WOG8LO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287934036&sr=8-1

Is this sound bar better than the Logic3 Soundstation 3 Speaker System?

I like to play music alot at full volume and love my bass!

Is this sound bar worth the investment?

parablax said:

November 1st, 2:44 am

I can’t believe I just bought an Aego M 2.1 surrond system this weekend for my PS3. Wish I’d waited for this instead.

A couple of question –
What is the width of the sound bar?
Will it be available on sale in UK/Europe?

PAGE 1 2 3 4