PS4 - Transistor

Slam Bolt Scrappers – Not What It Looks Like

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Oct 15, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

At first glance, Slam Bolt Scrappers appears to be a puzzle game, but that’s only partially correct. It’s also part brawler, part strategy, and really, really frenetic in multiplayer. And despite the familiar appearance of the pieces you’re, um, scrapping over – this ain’t no Tetris. Recently we met with Eitan Glinert of Fire Hose Games, so he could better explain how this upcoming PSN exclusive plays.

Hopefully you now have a better idea of why this genre-mashing game is racking up the accolades. Look for it in early 2011.

36 Comments   1 Reply

+ LightAce on October 15th, 2010 at 11:07 am said:

It’s like the most insane game I could never think of. Sounds good to me :)

+ Tyrsis on October 15th, 2010 at 11:08 am said:

This game will be awesome.

+ LeoDaLyon on October 15th, 2010 at 11:11 am said:

Looks like a lot of fun! Will there be a demo?

+ drumfreek31 on October 15th, 2010 at 11:15 am said:

that looks sweet. I love tetris so this is a must buy for me. and I love that their are some great Indi games on the ps3. let’s show the ps3 some love.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Eitan Glinert on October 15th, 2010 at 11:25 am said:

Rock on, thanks for the love peoples! And yes this game will be as awesome as you have hoped and dreamed.

PS. Live in the northeast? Come visit us in Boston and play the game before it comes out! E-mail test firehosegames [dot] com and we’ll hook you up.

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Eitan Glinert on October 15th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

deeerrrr – test [at] firehosegames [dot] com. My bad, this is my first day on teh intarwebs.

+ MaxxAmmo on October 15th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Schweeeeet!

+ syk1288 on October 15th, 2010 at 11:30 am said:

Ahhh man I wished I could go try it out.

+ WindedHero on October 15th, 2010 at 11:31 am said:

Nice hat.

+ DaMann22 on October 15th, 2010 at 12:03 pm said:

Looks really nice guys. As i get older im starting to enjoy games that have more unique experiences. Im definitely interested in this and will definitely give it a try.

+ PuppetShoJustice on October 15th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

Wow. An actually unique looking game.

Are you guys hiring? >.>;;;

In all seriousness though, if I have the money when this is released I’ll support you guys for the originality alone.

+ KidCommando on October 15th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Looks pretty cool, hopefully the price will be reasonable.

+ zKAPOWz on October 15th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

this looks really lame.

+ ShinjiBaka on October 15th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

I demoed this at PAX this year, and it’s definitely the most pleasant surprise I had. The mix between puzzling, creep wave blasting, and out-and-out brawling is clever, and both the competitive and co-op modes felt fresh and unique. I will definitely be buying this when it comes out.

+ jwr718 on October 15th, 2010 at 12:41 pm said:

Definitely looks fun and like something I’m going to be playing early 2011

+ mcbuttz78 on October 15th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

jeff with a rasta cap lol..

+ letherclad on October 15th, 2010 at 12:45 pm said:

…what?

Looks pretty insane, I’ll have to keep an eye out for it

+ gus_xl on October 15th, 2010 at 12:49 pm said:

That actually looks really good. I’m glad that they’re people out there that are coming up with great, new ideas.

+ pitythefool852 on October 15th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

That looks really good, I’ll definitely check it out

@Jeff, Sid and the team

Is it just me, or is it impossible to log in to the Blog through Google Chrome now? I’m not sure if something has changed in Chrome, in the Blog, or just in my computer, but I can’t log in now unless I use IE9. All other websites seem to be working.

Is anyone else having this problem?

+ Pariah_Dark on October 15th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

ok THIS game I like. And I wish you guys the best on your new studio. Your first game is looking must buy as far as my eyes can see and I wish you many more must buy games.

+ epiphaniesarefun on October 15th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

Looks really awesome :) I’ve been looking forward to this. Day one for me: been waiting for a deep co-op game to sink my teeth into with my buddies.

Thanks for your hard work ^_^

+ Airwalkinman17 on October 15th, 2010 at 2:41 pm said:

Looks fun.
The wife likes puzzle games (Critter Crunch ftw!)
adding brawler elements and the like make it sound very unique
Got my eye on this one.

+ Bluenoodle on October 15th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

y did u steal marios hat?

+ plaztiksyke on October 15th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

frenetic is definitely the word I would use, and it looks really fun!

does the game render in 1080p natively and/or use MSAA?

anyone noteworthy doing the music?

will the music and explosion assets be 24-bit and/or losslessly compressed to take advantage of the PS3′s unique HD audio capabilities?

It’s so great to see all these awesome local co-op games on PSN lately! (Lara Croft, Shank, Critter Crunch, Scott Pilgrim, Alien Breed, Castle Crashers, Piyotama, …)

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar

+ Eitan Glinert on October 15th, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

You guys are the best fans ever. WE WILL NOT DISAPPOINT. Though our grammar might.

Oh man gotta get back to the grindstone and keep making the game more awesomer. FRIDAY NIGHT DEV PARTY!!!!

+ nino1911 on October 15th, 2010 at 2:51 pm said:

yea umm want it!

+ karmatron03 on October 15th, 2010 at 3:56 pm said:

OFF TOPIC!!!why cant this page no longer supports the ps3 web browser??? come on guys fixed !!!

+ Go_Buddie_Go on October 15th, 2010 at 4:24 pm said:

This is exactly what PSN needs, more great downloadable titles. I’ve been following this game since it was announced and to me it looks like Firehose Games are crafting a sweet gaming experience for us PS3 gamers. You guys got my support, day one purchase for me.

+ cobrafang on October 15th, 2010 at 4:35 pm said:

Looks fun! I like that you say PSN ONLY, keep it up Playstation.

+ Sakimori_X on October 15th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

Looks like a madman’s mashup of Tetris, Puzzle Fighter, a tower-defense setup, and a fighting game where you fly around the screen (I’m looking at you, Chou Aniki). Sounds crazy, but looks fun.

+ Axecution on October 15th, 2010 at 5:53 pm said:

Whoa. xD

This looks awesome. :D

+ judalation on October 15th, 2010 at 6:02 pm said:

This game is awesome I saw a longer vid where you build weapons and attack other your opponents… its like starcraft in a way lol…

+ LordRaoh on October 15th, 2010 at 6:32 pm said:

I got to say, i was just skimming through the blog page not really thinking i would spend much time on it and bam.. i see this video..

thought nothing of it at first but now.. i’m hyped.. that sounds .. insane..

i’m looking forward to hearing more from this title.

thanks for the preview.

+ bigsnart on October 16th, 2010 at 7:23 am said:

Looks like a great game…I plan to buy this one on release!!! It looks like a lot of fun to play with friends!! I wish it was coming out before Christmas!

+ bigsnart on October 16th, 2010 at 7:24 am said:

Looks like a ton of fun…I plan to buy this one on release!!! It looks like a lot of fun to play with friends!! I wish it was coming out before Christmas!

+ ben2862000 on October 16th, 2010 at 9:34 am said:

hi people

+ littleb2862000 on October 16th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

hi i pre orderded little big planet lookes good