Bloodborne

Costume Quest for PSN: Tim Schafer and Tasha Harris Bring the Treats

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar + Posted by Rey Gutierrez on Oct 18, 2010 // Senior Social Media Specialist

Homemade Halloween costumes, candy corn, and giant robots — these are a few of Tim Schafer and Tasha Harris’s favorite things. The gruesome twosome from Double Fine Productions visited the PlayStation.Blog office with a final build of Costume Quest, their upcoming Halloween RPG that’s heading to PSN tomorrow.

Tim and Tasha brushed everything off my office desk and sat us down for an in-depth video tour of Costume Quest’s adorable characters, plus a look at the turn-based RPG combat and adventuring.

But wait there’s more. The Double Fine team has passed over their brand-new Costume Quest launch trailer for PlayStation.Blog eyes only. Peep it below!

Costume Quest is Double Fine Production’s first PSN title — let’s make sure we give them a warm welcome tomorrow! If you’re a big on robots, unicorns, Halloween and all things awesome-sauce, I highly recommend you download this candy-treat.

PAGE 1 2

+ SpyDudeFX on October 18th, 2010 at 11:33 am said:

Looks great, price yet?

+ reson8er on October 18th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

Can the words Epic and Unicorn co-exist in one sentence?! I guess so!

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Tasha Harris on October 18th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

the question really is, why are they 2 separate words? Epicorn!

+ df2506 on October 18th, 2010 at 11:42 am said:

I agree with SpyDude! Looks great. Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, so I’m looking forward to trying this game out tomorrow.

Spy, I think I heard its $15, but I’m not sure.

I have one question: How long is the game? From the trailer, it looks like it might be a good sized game. I hope so. The battle system, costumes, & exploration look excellent.

Can’t wait to try to it out tomorrow. :)

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on October 18th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

I’m with you on this, I hope it brings hours and hours of gameplay. This is an excellent distraction from the other titles that I’m playing. I’m digging the art direction, retro gameplay and the Halloween theme!

+ Skv007 on October 18th, 2010 at 11:45 am said:

Wow, looks awesome!
Will be picking this up day one.

Does this have any online support?

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Tasha Harris on October 18th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

nope, it’s a single player rpg.

+ PuppetShoJustice on October 18th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

I’m really looking forward to this one.

+ DIGGY305 on October 18th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

Is it too late to add PS Home rewards to this game?

+ AnonymousAndrew on October 18th, 2010 at 11:48 am said:

@SpyDudeFX

Kotaku says $15

+ dragonmagician on October 18th, 2010 at 11:51 am said:

Will probably pick it up, but I still need to finish Deathspank as well.

+ IceSamurai on October 18th, 2010 at 11:53 am said:

I can’t lie this game looks cool. Count me in.

+ RedGiant17 on October 18th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Is that a PS surround sound bar under the other TV?

+ Kirkpad on October 18th, 2010 at 11:59 am said:

Tasha seemed so… modest in that video. Tim calls it her brain child and shes like “kay”.

This game looks much more polished than Deathspank, very interested still.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Tasha Harris on October 18th, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

hah. i get sort of awkward in front of cameras :}

+ SpyDudeFX on October 18th, 2010 at 12:04 pm said:

Thx df2506 and Andrew. It does look good

+ B1GG1N on October 18th, 2010 at 12:06 pm said:

Looks devilishly fun.

+ Airwalkinman17 on October 18th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

Lookin good!
Charming and neat sounds like a good way of describing this one.
Lookin out for it tomorrow!

+ soutbear on October 18th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

Been waiting for this for sometime now! This is going to be so so so good! Thanks for such a unique TURN BASED RPG!!!

The return to the older rpg style is going to be great!

+ marlyt on October 18th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Two comments….1) I will buy tomorrow, but is there local co-op? 2) Please tell Time that while I bought and loved Brutal Legend, I can’t see myself supporting another game starring Jack Black until he stops the stupid campaign commercials. He needs to shut up and entertain us. That’s what we pay that monkey to do.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Tasha Harris on October 18th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

1) no, sorry :C it’s a fun game to watch though :)
    2) no JB in this game so you can still buy it :p

+ Tgebbs on October 18th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

Tasha, I love your shirt.

Oh, and your game :) Looking forward to tomorrow.

+ marlyt on October 18th, 2010 at 12:14 pm said:

Sorry, I messpelled Tim as in Schaffer but wrote “Time.”

+ letherclad on October 18th, 2010 at 12:20 pm said:

looks cute, I might give it a shot

+ subbed on October 18th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Seeing Tim Schafer around here makes me hopeful for a possible port of Psychonauts to the PSN. Keep on doing great stuff like this gem with Tasha. This game looks cute and fun.

Also since I am talking about past games if you have a backwards compatible PS3 or still have a PS2 get Grim Fandango.

+ TheCrazyMerc on October 18th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Any news on the update today? And also this looks great hoping for a price though.

+ PuppetShoJustice on October 18th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

@20. Why would you get my hopes up for a port of Psychonauts?

Durnit.

+ df2506 on October 18th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

Subbed, A Pyschonauts port would be awesome. I played it on the orignal X-box and liked it a lot. If it came to the PS3, I would download it right away! :)

CrazyMerc, Its $15.

I’ve looked at the trailer a few times now. I’m going to snag the demo tomorrow, but I doubt I’ll be able to get the game. :(
Hopefully I’ll be able to get it sooner or later. Even if its past Halloween, I’d still realy like to play this game! Looks fun. I love turn-based battle systems and the look of the game is very Pyschonauts Meets Earthbound Meets A Nightmare Before Christmas. It does seem to have a Tim Burton vibe to it. :)

+ PuppetShoJustice on October 18th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

Burton? Nonsense. It’s way too cute.

+ df2506 on October 18th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

lol. Night Before Christmas/Corpse Bride Burton. I see it a bit more in the trailer video than in the demo video. Just a bit there. I think its more Psychonauts/Earthbound though.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Tasha Harris on October 18th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

i love people who love Tasha Harris.

+ TallCrowe on October 18th, 2010 at 12:44 pm said:

It looks fun. Tim Schaffer is a king amongst men.

+ Globox_82 on October 18th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

looks cool

+ sam_i_jam on October 18th, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

The DLC concept seems ideal for Double Fine and probably let’s them work on far more projects at once.

I didn’t notice a price listed. Can you update the post with the info please?

+ Curtisio on October 18th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

This looks good! Surly it will put me in the halloween mood! I hope to read the reviews and get possitive news before I buy.

Thanks!

+ wanderer55 on October 18th, 2010 at 12:55 pm said:

Do want! Artstyle is good with alot of charm to it and the gameplay looks fun.

+ PuppetShoJustice on October 18th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

For like the fourth time.

*******************

The game is $15.
*******************

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Tasha Harris on October 18th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

this is correct.

+ Band2eto on October 18th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

Thanks for the great video Tasha and Tim.
Extra big thanks to Sony for bring VARIETY to the Playstation brand, and not just shooter after shooter, after shooter.

Buying this game on DAY 1 release. I hope its $15!

+ pasufarin on October 18th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

I’ve had fun with previous projects from Double Fine, and I’ll be getting this game tomorrow once the store updates. Depending on when that is, I might have to wait a bit to play until it gets dark out!

I liked the video tour and hope to see more of these. (BTW, I appreciated the distinct mixing of Tim and Tasha’s positions in the audio sound field).

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Rey Gutierrez on October 18th, 2010 at 2:00 pm said:

@pasufarin, I’m happy that you appreciate the fact I left their audio channels split. And here I thought I was being lazy not mixing the audio in stereo.

+ angelspawn77 on October 18th, 2010 at 1:33 pm said:

Game looks pretty damn cool, I will most likely be getting it tomorrow, will there be a Demo?

+ letherclad on October 18th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

Identical twins can’t be different genders…

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Tasha Harris on October 18th, 2010 at 3:29 pm said:

you must not be from san francisco.

+ DZORMAGEN on October 18th, 2010 at 2:17 pm said:

This game looks so fricken cute!!! LOL!!

+ Gogo_ZvC on October 18th, 2010 at 2:22 pm said:

The game is $14.99 + Tax (which I am to lazy to calculate) :D

It reminds me of the flash game from Cartoon Network from the TV show The Kids Next Door.

I think it was called The Kids Next Door Operation Trick or Treat, ahaha I know some of you played it, fess up.

+ Enigma777 on October 18th, 2010 at 2:26 pm said:

Bah, this game should have been delayed a week so it could come out on Halloween…

I’m totally gonna buy it though!

+ wildpens87 on October 18th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Costume Quest looks like a game i could play all day and night

+ Superstrokey1123 on October 18th, 2010 at 2:32 pm said:

This is 10 levels of awesome! Im getting this for sure!

+ smokey_vols on October 18th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

That just looks simply great. Me and my nephew are going to enjoy every bit of this game.

+ FlyingElvi on October 18th, 2010 at 3:03 pm said:

Can it be played local co-op ?

+ oneshotfinch1993 on October 18th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

What you guys haven’t yet realized is that it’s secretly an RTS.

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Tasha Harris on October 18th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

if you’re referring to the Romantic Trout Simulation portion of the game, it’s no secret!

+ Kirkpad on October 18th, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

Oh yeah, Tasha. My mom (age 50+) loved your Peggle comic. :D

Rey Gutierrez's Avatar

+ Tasha Harris on October 18th, 2010 at 3:49 pm said:

awesome :D

+ PSWii2008 on October 18th, 2010 at 3:40 pm said:

Creativity still thrives at Double Fine! Never thought I’d be interested in a Halloween game!

+ jhernandez360 on October 18th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

nice video! sold me the game:)

+ FE_RR on October 18th, 2010 at 3:53 pm said:

BRÜTAL LEGEND II …please

+ Zezzler on October 18th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

This looks really fun. i hope it is a lengthy meaty game though. rpgs should at least be 20 hours imo.

+ DJKim0701 on October 18th, 2010 at 4:14 pm said: