PS4 - Transistor

Get a Sneak Peek at ‘The Tester’ Season 2 Trailer!

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar + Posted by Kevin Furuichi on Oct 19, 2010 // Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

The countdown to the debut of “The Tester” Season 2 is now underway with just two weeks to go until the Season Premiere on Tuesday, November 2nd. The new season promises to be bigger and bolder with more behind-the-scenes with the cast, bigger challenges, and, as many of you requested, longer episodes. For a taste of what’s to come, here’s the first-ever glimpse at the new season!

This trailer, in all its HD glory, is also available from PlayStation Store later today along with “The Tester” theme featuring the cast and panelists. You’ll find both in the “Media” section under “The Tester” icon.

And, next Tuesday, we’ll be releasing a Preview Show featuring hilarious casting submission outtakes and more about each cast member. Finally, you’ll also be able to follow “The Tester” on Facebook with the show’s new tab on the PlayStation Facebook page. The new tab will allow you to “Like” your favorite cast members and watch previews of each week’s new episode during the season.

The Tester Season 2 Facebook App

We’re very excited about the upcoming Season 2 and hope you’ll join us on the PlayStation Network on Tuesday, November 2 when Meredith Molinari, Adrianne Curry, Brent Gocke and Guest Panelist, Stig Asmussen make the first decisions on who stays in the PlayStation loft…and who goes home first.

PAGE 1 2

+ fijski8 on October 19th, 2010 at 9:46 am said:

WOW! Looks awesome! Even my girlfriend might wanna watch this season with me. XD. More drama then BigBrother.

+ The_Claw on October 19th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

awesome! when can we expect the store to update?

+ mywhitenoise on October 19th, 2010 at 9:49 am said:

I’m so NOT going to watch this!

+ Jimmy_Cosmos on October 19th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

Nov 2nd eh? The old release date for Gran Turismo 5. Instead of a massive exclusive for the PS3 we get a reality show. Thanks Sony!

+ Geta-Ve on October 19th, 2010 at 9:53 am said:

Great news. Even though I really despise this kind of reality TV mellow drama, I actually really enjoyed season 1 of The Tester. Me and my cousin would chat about it every week.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on October 19th, 2010 at 10:28 am said:

You’ll have 8 weeks to chat with your cousin as new episodes will be released every week starting on 11/2. Or, you guys can also meet up in PlayStation Home as The Tester will also be running in it’s own theater, like last season.

+ RAVEN81 on October 19th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

i think all the tester are in it for the money and not just to be a tester and for the love of games. sony you need me RAVEN81 and finbars75

+ FriedConsole on October 19th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

I reluctantly admit I will be watching this. Glad to see that they are actually being tested on gaming this time instead of random reality challenge like last time. Although hearing someone say “I am not here to make friends” touches the part of my brain that says I should stop watching “reality” TV.

+ subbed on October 19th, 2010 at 10:06 am said:

The show I love to hate.

+ orangealucard on October 19th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

it almost looks like they are hosting this show for ratings… i think maybe 2 or 3 of those guys ACTUALLY want/deserve the chance to be a tester… and already from wat i saw on the trailer, i would be no joke on that show, maybe they jus didn’t want another guy in there winning EVERY challenge again like cyrus lol… either way, i truly believe they’re missing out on not chosing me

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on October 19th, 2010 at 10:32 am said:

Remember, Cyrus almost got sent home when he failed to complete the Memorization challenge in Episode 7? He was also on the losing side of Episode 3′s Teamwork challenge when Fame Girl got sent home. Just saying…

+ Rikith on October 19th, 2010 at 10:11 am said:

would rather see a live gaming tournament. Just doesnt make much since watching people argue over the stupid reality show contest when a real gamer would be zombified in front of the tv.

+ SolidSnakeSSx on October 19th, 2010 at 10:16 am said:

All those shots of the GT5 pod in that trailer followed by a November 2nd date is just cruel. :/

+ BalramRules on October 19th, 2010 at 10:17 am said:

woop woop!
SEASON 2!!!

+ I3rand0 on October 19th, 2010 at 10:21 am said:

Hopefully this is the last season of this trash…

+ CF3esBestia on October 19th, 2010 at 10:30 am said:

It I was on that show, I would rape in any physical challenge that dealt with speed, my 4.3 speed would do the job lol

+ KidCommando on October 19th, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

Will definitely be watching. The first season was pretty entertaining. One of those guilty pleasures that I would never admit to enjoying…..but I did.

+ GooniesAndy on October 19th, 2010 at 10:52 am said:

Is that a Fat Princess-themed challenge I spy, with the sumo suits?

+ Rene_Led on October 19th, 2010 at 10:54 am said:

@12 If you don’t like it, don’t watch, it’s as easy as that.

Wonder what funny challanges they’ll do this time!
Or an epic Fail like Doc with the paintball challenge and he said he was in Marines :)

+ krae_man on October 19th, 2010 at 10:58 am said:

This is seriously a complete waste. What makes a good cast member for a reality show, does not make a good game tester. Yet from your interview with the season 1 winner it sounds like you promoted him already. You know with the “I can’t talk about what he’s doing now” and his “Foot in the door comment”.

This whole thing is nuts.

+ NURADEEN on October 19th, 2010 at 11:12 am said:

Why is it everybody on the tester looks like a kid ? Any REAL hardcore gamer is older than them bunch of twirps lol . won’t catch me watching that krap. didn’t watch the 1st one definitely not watching this one.

+ Mosh_Pit on October 19th, 2010 at 11:16 am said:

+ NURADEEN on October 19th, 2010 at 11:17 am said:

I think sony should focus more on developing more features for the ps3 like better web browser than be wasting money on these bunch of clowns.

+ perrandy on October 19th, 2010 at 12:09 pm said:

so,are you guys also running a contest for those that download the show?if so,then thats awesome, count me in as an avid viewer then !:0)

+ tbond22 on October 19th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

I assume it will be free like season 1 was.

+ Monkey521 on October 19th, 2010 at 12:29 pm said:

@21 right… I hope you know that this actually gains Sony profit, which they can allocate to such areas that improve the features on the PS3

+ perrandy on October 19th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

@24 i wonder where that profit that you speak of comes from since the show is free :0

no, the profit that sony makes is when you buy something from them be it a game,accessory,qore,a movie or spend money for home stuff…..

+ Jasko45 on October 19th, 2010 at 12:46 pm said:

Oh god, 8bit-Jackass made the cut…

+ KazeEternal on October 19th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

Why do I feel like the quality of the games I’m buying just went down because one of these wingnuts is testing my games -.-

+ polo155 on October 19th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

This looks pretty good, i watched last seasons show and will this one too. i cant wait to see a wheelchair user such as my self in a season. what kind of challenged would be bought fourth lol (wheelchair in bubble?”)lol

+ nightspd on October 19th, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

Is the show still a 30-minute format or has it been increased to an hour? I found that season 1 just wasn’t long enough to get into the nitty gritty and personal relationships like you can w/say Big Brother or Survivor…

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

+ Kevin Furuichi on October 19th, 2010 at 4:16 pm said:

Last season’s episodes were about 20-24 minutes. This year many will be around a full :30 minutes.

+ StargamerX on October 19th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

Wow, they seem a lot more hostile that the contestants last year. From watching that preview I’m less interested in the new season. :/

+ Vandaliser on October 19th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

my guilty show. i watch it but kinda hid it from friends. cant wait

+ Spinout209 on October 19th, 2010 at 2:13 pm said:

I’m on TeamCheska and TeamMoChocolate this season, those are the two I’m rooting for.

+ starBlinky01 on October 19th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

NOOOOOO why did you guys resort to drama.. PLEASE cut it down to a minimum. I loved the first one because there wasn’t a lot of drama in it..

+ Boots555 on October 19th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

8Bit Mickey, hope you take this all the way!

+ ManaKnight on October 19th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

I’m excited for the show. :D

+ D-Squad3 on October 19th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

WTF…

Anyway I hope to see David Jaffe again.

+ Nunchuckles on October 19th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

I really hope my Plus money is not going towards this ridiculous Playstation exclusive feature.

+ SpeedRacer1955 on October 19th, 2010 at 3:31 pm said:

Will Sony Consider returning some of the Tester contenders that did not make it into other seasons similar to Survivor?

+ FormerPSfan on October 19th, 2010 at 4:28 pm said:

More idiocy, just what we all pay you for. FAIL. Take the hint you’d be better off doing lot & lobby pickup at mcdonalds or the parkinglot cartboy or cartgirl at malwart, at least there you’d get a puny discount on your ps3 games.

+ Zoomguy53 on October 19th, 2010 at 4:37 pm said:

This season will be so much better.

+ Shagmiester on October 19th, 2010 at 9:23 pm said:

Really dumb… like these guys can actually play a video game decently …… why didn’t they do a show like be a professional gamer sponsored by Sony…

+ maverick34jjv on October 19th, 2010 at 10:18 pm said:

This Season will be WAYY better!! PS Move is out, 3D TV’s and a lot of good games, LBP2, inFamous 2, and whole bunch of others!!

+ quasar338 on October 20th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

wow and i mean wow!! , i really hope my friend wins the tester ( not saying who) yeap my friends in it to win go for it buddy go for it loves ya guy and we miss you on here. we’ll keep watching and cheering everyone on.

+ Incredinoob on October 20th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

Two reasons to watch this show: Adrianne Curry and that host…Beautiful! No other reason really, unless they actually show these guys compete in games? I guess it’d be better if they created a show called “The Gamer”

+ NURADEEN on October 20th, 2010 at 9:22 am said:

@Incredinoob 2 reasons to not watch this show 1. because you recommend it 2. show is krap waste of money.
end of truth

+ Incredinoob on October 20th, 2010 at 10:44 am said:

@NURADEEN if you weren’t interested, why did you click on the article, watch the trailer and make a comment? I guess you like wasting your time? Move along

+ solace357 on October 20th, 2010 at 11:36 am said:

how is it a waste of money? loool.

+ f1_stig on October 20th, 2010 at 1:04 pm said:

better have a racing episode on 11/2 instead of gt5

+ BigRaymond on October 20th, 2010 at 6:13 pm said:

what a bunch of nerds..

+ mandyboy23 on October 21st, 2010 at 4:55 pm said:

hello everyone MO CHOCOLATE here and wanted to say thanks for all the comments! good and bad : D i am geeking out haha

PAGE 1 2