Horizon Zero Dawn

Oct 20

Exclusive Halloween Event Comes to PlayStation Home + Saw, Bleach, Heavy Strike

Locust_Star's Avatar Posted by Locust_Star on Oct 20, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

On Thursday, October 21st, Lord Pumpkinhead (aka “the Demon Gourd from Hell”) will appear In the middle of PlayStation Home’s Central Plaza, his gigantic glowing face sneering like an intolerant king at his unworthy subjects, rotating so that all can bear witness to his glorious image.

As an offering to your pumpkin overlord, you and your friends must toss coins into his mouth as it rotates past. Make a proper offering, and the exalted one will reward you as one of his followers. Fail in your tithing efforts, and you will anger the ever-powerful Lord Pumpkinhead, hindering your chances of entering the Demon Gourd’s fold.

Legend has it that Lord Pumpkinhead has additional rewards for his most loyal subjects. Can you ascend to the ranks of his chosen few?

Speaking of Halloween festivities, this week our friends over at Heavy Water release their first pieces in the “Heavy Pets” line of items for your personal space. Celebrate Halloween properly by visiting the Furniture store (or the Central Plaza kiosk) in the PlayStation Home Mall, where you can purchase a ghostly tombstone, an eerie bell tower, or a flaming brazier. Place one in your personal space of choice and watch as a trio of Halloween creatures comes out to play – ghosts will rise from the tombstone, vampire bats will fly from the belfry, and flaming skulls will stream out of the brazier. These spooky new items are available for single purchase and are also offered together as a bundle at a special low price.

Heavy Pets in PlayStation Home

Also available this week from Heavy Water is the new Heavy Strike game. Place the Heavy Strike cannon in the personal space of your choice and then strap on your helmet, grab your walkie talkie, and order in an artillery strike. Simply place your sights over your intended target and tap X to fire away. You can even drop two cannons across from one another and exchange fire with a friend! Pick yours up from the Furniture store (or the Central Plaza kiosk) this Thursday.

Heavy Strike Cannon in PlayStation Home

“Want to play a game?” Join Konami this Halloween by sporting the infamous mascot Billy the Puppet’s costume from the horrifying hit film and game franchise Saw, available from the Costumes store in the PlayStation Home Mall. Konami also passes along the friendly reminder to make sure you check out the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow demo. After you’ve completed the demo, check your PlayStation Home wardrobe and you’ll find a special Castlevania: Lords of Shadow t-shirt!

The newest additions to our long line of Costumes are being released this week in the PlayStation Home Mall. Choose from a new Ninja costume (male), Midnight Rogue costume (female), or the Aqua Suit costume (female). Check out the picture below for a sneak peek at these brand new costumes.

PlayStation Home costumes: ninja, Midnight Rogue, Aqua Suit

Finally, Lockwood has updated the Sodium store with a literal ton of creepy contact lenses, perfect additions to your Halloween costumes. And our friends over at VIZ Media have given us a full episode of Bleach to put up in the Theater for a week starting this Thursday. Watch episode 168, where a new captain joins Squad Three, taking the place of the rebel Gin Ichimaru.

Bleach in PlayStation Home

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2

+ KarateChampChad on October 20th, 2010 at 4:05 pm said:

Great update :)

I’m probably a bit to catch you Locust but, that last bit about the few additional rewards for Lord Pumpkinhead’s most loyal subjects, will those come from being up a leaderboard of some sort, or from achieving a certain score in the minigame?

+ KarateChampChad on October 20th, 2010 at 4:08 pm said:

A bit late*

+ footballrule on October 20th, 2010 at 4:09 pm said:

Locust_Star, will the Halloween Central Plaza have a night sky?

+ FormerPSfan on October 20th, 2010 at 4:38 pm said:

How bout instead of more useless overpriced virtual garbage we’re not using more than once we get some useful things on home such as:

-Abstergo labs getting fixed, its never worked
-Fix the report function which rarely if ever works
-enforcement of the rules on home as stated (ie. start banning the pedophile stalkers not those who report them)
-Update the paid items for both quality & pricing, as it is know we’re paying for gold but getting male bovine excrement.

+ Demonicslapchop on October 20th, 2010 at 4:43 pm said:

So, you’re putting my head in Central Plaza… Thanks guys.. xD LOL

+ Epiclees on October 20th, 2010 at 4:54 pm said:

Can’t wait to toss a gaint coin into the rotating head like in the European crab toss which was histerical and also is it free??

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 20th, 2010 at 5:28 pm said:

It’s free.

+ Zombieman007 on October 20th, 2010 at 5:01 pm said:

Regarding the Midnight Rogue costume, I am glad to see some bdsm items making it into Home. I figured Home was too family friendly for that type of thing. Hopefully this is the first of many such outfits / items. Looking forward to seeing all the ladies with their whips tomorrow.

+ ForgiveMyAim on October 20th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Cool i love saw, btw there should be a way to show display all your costumes in your personal home because i bought alot of cool stuff but i can’t wear it all at once :/

+ blakseed on October 20th, 2010 at 5:31 pm said:

Nice update.

+ TheUndertaker85 on October 20th, 2010 at 5:39 pm said:

Will it at least be dark in CP this year? Cause I remember last year along with other events where night time should’ve been in the scenario but wasn’t… Making these “events” extremely lame and really destroying the holiday spirit of many of those in Home.

+ mzladmae1 on October 20th, 2010 at 5:51 pm said:

I dont think I will be entertain’d long with these new items. Would love to have seen more personal spaces. The cat suit will be in the wardrobe though.. I am ROOT’N For a Winter Wonder Land… something where if you have a coat items you wont look out of place. I have lots of hats I can’t wait to start wear’n.

+ therob21 on October 20th, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

Cool halloween update! This will be great, especially the

+ King0fHearts2007 on October 20th, 2010 at 7:21 pm said:

clool, bleach just wish it was a new show and not one of the old one’s.

+ Rinaldus91 on October 20th, 2010 at 8:10 pm said:

Whenever I attempt to jump on Home I’m prompted to download a patch. I accept and my PS3 then proceeds to attempt to download the patch but fails, it then resets itself to the XMB.

What do?

+ Jeigh on October 20th, 2010 at 9:33 pm said:

Halloween costumes, interesting, interesting. I’m just going to throw this out there:

Bleach > Naruto.

+ monster_boss on October 20th, 2010 at 9:33 pm said:

oh wow!! great update locust star….hey man check this out. how about getting those guys to make us full body tattoos also with legs and feet and forearms.

+ Street_Killaz on October 20th, 2010 at 9:47 pm said:

Oh its a party then! Ill grab some beers for this lol

+ ElektroDragon on October 20th, 2010 at 10:20 pm said:

“Heavy Pets” sounds so… wrong!! :)

+ judalation on October 20th, 2010 at 10:45 pm said:

Did you say bleach… in the theature… I have seen every show… every anime shory…every anime… BLEACH ROCKSSSSSS BLEACH ROCKKKKKS YES YES YES ! thank you so much (*_*)

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on October 21st, 2010 at 4:47 am said:

This new Holloween content is awesome..BUTT i wouldve liked to see a diffent costume besides a NINJA..we already have that costume available..i think a HOCKEY MASK and a MACHETTE or even GHOSTS SHEETS wouldve bin a good idea..but thats just MY OPINION..hopefully these two idea would be putinto some consideration and put into the game next year ;P anywho..KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK HOME DEVs..”LIVE” AINT GOT NOTHING ON US!

+ phatso64 on October 21st, 2010 at 8:54 am said:

greetings all ,the heavy water stuff is kinda meh… imo .they are also active items . really not worth the outrageous $4.99 price tag,again … imo .the pumpkin outfit you win in cp is the best part of this update , hope y’all get it working again soon . HOMELINGS ROCK!!!!!

+ Dedlock420 on October 21st, 2010 at 9:54 am said:

@Locust_Star – Thanks for answering my question about these items being active items. I have one more question though. All 3 of the Halloween items are “active” items you said, so that means we can buy all 3 but we can only put 2 in each apartment still? When will we be able to put more than 2 “active” items in our apartments? This is a waste of money if I buy all 3 but can only put 2 at a time. I’m throwing a Halloween poker party and wanted Halloween decorations but now if I buy these I can’t have them and my poker table in my apartment. Why are all the cool items “active” items? This limitation is destroying the fun we should be able to have in our apartments! What’s the point of giving us all these “active” items when we’re limited to only 2 per apartment? Please answer me back? I asked you about this a week or 2 ago and you answered everyone else except me. Some info on the reason for doing this would be much appreciated.

+ II_MURPHY_II on October 21st, 2010 at 10:43 am said:

So where is this big Pumpkin, i cant find him ?

+ Dedlock420 on October 21st, 2010 at 10:46 am said:

the pumpkin game is in the central plaza

+ Dedlock420 on October 21st, 2010 at 1:57 pm said:

you home devs need to fix the pumpkin game. its been broken ever since you did maintenance this morning. why do maintenance for something that was already working? all you did was mess it up for everyone that didnt get to play it before maintenance. good job…NOT!

+ patpat321 on October 22nd, 2010 at 5:07 am said:

hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide ur husband cus they rapen erebody yall here me

+ letherclad on October 22nd, 2010 at 9:19 am said:

Looks fun, I’m signing in now to check out some of the new content and to get my free Castlevania shirt (I just downloaded and played the demo even though I own the game to get the shirt).

+ Northstar77 on October 22nd, 2010 at 10:22 am said:

Would be Awesome if that game actually worked in Central plaza? Odd how when the Loot mistake was made it was fixed in an hour or so. This game has been broken for over 24 hours. Home is a Complete Money grab this proves it. If the problem involves Sony loosing money Its fixed if the problem involves User issues it takes days or months….. Hot Shots Golf Questionnaire or issues don’t get resolved at all…Home will completely freeze up my PS3 especially in wardrobe I have 2 PS3 60gb and 160gb phat with a few friends that have slim models It happens to all of us. I have easily spent $300 on Home so I’m not complaining about something just to complain things like this need to change or I’m going to have to chalk it up to a loss and just leave Home it sure is NOT what was promised a few years ago.

+ Dedlock420 on October 22nd, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

all of us that use home need to start a petition to fight against these issues. we all need to stop giving them our money since we are not getting the satisfactory user quality we were promised on home. as long as we keep giving them money, they will continue to ignore the issues at hand. we need to stand up and have our voices heard! who’s with me?

+ jason_rb on October 22nd, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

What is the estimated time to fix the issue with the occupied message.. I really want a chance to get the Chair and the costume.

(A Loyal Playstation Home Fan)

+ Caitylynn on October 22nd, 2010 at 9:25 pm said:

I keep trying to do the Lord Pumpkinhead game but it keeps saying that the game is occupied. How many people can play that game at a time?

+ letherclad on October 22nd, 2010 at 9:57 pm said:

I couldn’t get the pumpkinhead thing to work…

+ letherclad on October 22nd, 2010 at 10:10 pm said:

Also, I played the Castlevania demo and didn’t get the shirt…

+ Fly-boi_2009 on October 23rd, 2010 at 1:57 am said:

2011, this service will SHUT DOWN, if it don’t change into something great like what was promised in 2007. enough said. all these weekly content, is all yall throwing out.poorly events,STEP YOU ALL GAME UP !!!. UK AND JAPAN GOT YALL FADED. Am tired of yall using Beta as a excuse, just to make money of us, stop abusing your customers and give us what was promised a few years ago. HOLLA…

+ erickafollie on October 23rd, 2010 at 7:40 am said:

Hello, this comment is about the Pumpkin Lord Game in Central Plaza, i spent 3 hours and i mean 3 Hours waiting for it and it was all about EXIT THE GAME , EXIT THE GAME, EXIT THE GAME , i mean whats going on with this, i hear a lot of people complaining, firstable to wait for 4 people to stay put for 3 hours or more to get LUCKY enough and play is absurd. Somebody has to change the server or make it faster to no more than 5 minutes wait, or make it INDIVIDUALLY, so that i do not have to wait for HOURS for 4 people to get together and wait until it gets us into the game, without the EXIT THE GAME, EXIT THE GAME , EXIT THE GAME, EXIT THE GAME , Please fix this , i will appreciate it , thank you so much .

+ Dedlock420 on October 23rd, 2010 at 8:33 am said:

home is turning into a money making pyramid scheme. all they want is our money. as long as we keep giving them our money, these problems will never be fixed. STOP BUYING THINGS ON HOME AND EVENTUALLY THEY WILL REALIZE THEY ARE LOSING THEIR CUSTOMERS AND MAYBE FINALLY PULL THEIR HEADS OUTTA THE CLOUDS AND MAKE SOME CHANGES!

+ SuperStone28 on October 23rd, 2010 at 9:27 pm said:

I only have a few questions, and I hope they can be answered.
The first is, why are none of the cooler costumes free? I totally want that ninja costume!
The second is, why is it that the Demon Gourd from Hell mini-game in the Plaza is always occupied? I have only managed to get in one time, and half-way through the game, I was kicked out because the game had been occupied.

+ Dedlock420 on October 24th, 2010 at 8:49 am said:

+ GenerealBison on October 24th, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Guys, this might be old news, but the Lord Pumpkinhead game is broken. It worked very briefly on Friday morning PST. Now, you activate it, a groovy music plays, then it kicks you out stating that the game is occupied. Any plans on fixing this before Halloween? Time is slipping.

+ Dedlock420 on October 24th, 2010 at 12:47 pm said:

Please fix this game? So everyone can have a chance to enjoy Halloween. I have quite alot of friends on my account that want to enjoy this but can’t. When I first played Thursday morning, the game worked perfectly fine for me. Then about 10 minutes after i won the pumpkin game, everyone got booted off home for “maintenance”. As soon as Home was back up, the pumpkin game has been broken since. What was the reason for the maintenance?

+ HFarnsworth on October 24th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

Huzzah! I poured lots of Weed-b-Gone and Slurm into the central plaza pond to get rid of that hideous overgrowth. Hope this hasn’t inconvenienced anyone.

+ Feral_Dragon on October 25th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

How about releasing that cool Gargoyle costume from one of the other servers? You know, actual monsters for Halloween, not generic stuff you release every other day of the year(we already have ninjas and Bioshock stuff). The werewolves and vampires from the new Castlevania game would be awesome. Zombie dobermans like from Resident Evil, Bats, New vampire costumes for this year as you won`t release last years cos of it being broken(we know about the vampire hands). Devils and demon costumes, you know? Were-opossums, lol(I heard of them in a werewolf documentary).

And next time you have an event, please make it actually playable. I`ve been trying to play the pumpkin game since Thursday morning and haven`t been able to get in ONCE, yet other people can get in at least 3 times a day. And please don`t have it so you need to play it with other people cos I always wind up with trolls who ruin the game on purpose. The Move event was horrible, it took me hours to beat cos someone on my team always messed it up right on the last round.

+ Tommy012345 on October 27th, 2010 at 4:32 pm said:

Oh yes… There will be blood.

+ FredNation on October 20th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

So… whats your costume Locust?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 20th, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

I’m kicking it old school this year with the Werewolf costume!

+ Jetup on October 20th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

Almost thought of a bleach costume…
But a episode is ok!

Awesome costumes for the Halloween event

+ chaoszero14 on October 20th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

man it would be so cool if there would be bleach stuff in the mall like costumes or a kon doll.

+ COOL__JOSH on October 20th, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

cool update

+ Rene_Led on October 20th, 2010 at 2:12 pm said:

Bootleg Scorpion costume hahahahahaha XD

+ Xulap on October 20th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said:

Hahah, loved the “Bed Intruder” reference in the video.

Looking forward to spend some time this month celebrating Halloween at Home.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 20th, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

This event is going to be awesome. Glad you are looking forward to it!

+ artform-fazeone on October 20th, 2010 at 2:14 pm said: