Spider-Man PS4

Oct 20

Oct 20

Red Faction: Battlegrounds Beta Extension for PlayStation Plus

J Goldberg's Avatar Posted by Community Manager, Volition

I’ve been invited here today to let everyone know about the Red Faction: Battlegrounds Beta currently in progress, exclusively on PSN. For the past two weeks, PlayStation Plus members have been battling it out and having a blast in THQ Digital UK’s new twin-stick vehicular combat game. Within the beta, there are a handful of addicting single-player challenges, which are great training opportunities for multiplayer, featuring four-player combat both online and on your couch.

The past two weeks have been great, but we want to get even more feedback. We’re not only extending the beta for Red Faction: Battlegrounds an extra week until October 26th, but Sony Computer Entertainment is giving out 1,000 more keys to PlayStation Plus members! Make sure to check your e-mail / PSN mailbox to find out if you’ve been accepted and download the client.

Red Faction: Battlegrounds BetaRed Faction: Battlegrounds Beta

We have two small requests for everyone participating in the beta. First, we’re trying to pack the servers to their limit, so please try to connect to the “Online” mode during the following times each day. While you’re at it, bring your friends!

6-8 PM Pacific Time / 7-9 PM Mountain Time / 8-10 PM Central Time / 9-11 PM Eastern Time

Red Faction: Battlegrounds Beta

Second, please spend a few minutes between sessions and give us your feedback on Red Faction: Battlegrounds. We want to know what you liked, any bugs you ran into, and even what you were not happy with. You can leave feedback on the official PlayStation forums, or on the official Red Faction Community Site, and each comment will result in a greater overall experience.

Thanks again to everyone participating and stay tuned for the full release of Red Faction: Battlegrounds next year!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

King4Ransom said:

October 20th, 3:21 pm

haven’t received any betas yet and I’m a Plus member.

EmAn14_91 said:

October 20th, 3:24 pm

Sounds good, Hope i get the beta =)

WFMMK said:

October 20th, 3:24 pm

If I get in I’ll be sure to jump in at those hours. Now all you have to do is send me the invite ;)

PS_3blog_net said:

October 20th, 3:25 pm

me neither

King4Ransom said:

October 20th, 3:25 pm

also I was wondering, I have a few PSN ID account but currently this ID is my primary one that I only use now. all my other accounts/ ID’s I don’t use anymore.

so how do you guys know to send the beta invitations to my active account and not to my other ID’s that I don’t use anymore?

Kchow23 said:

October 20th, 3:27 pm

Just because you have PS + doesn’t mean you get in same with the KZ3 beta…

Dragonzblaze said:

October 20th, 3:28 pm

hope i get in game looks fun

KidCommando said:

October 20th, 3:29 pm

@ King4Ransom

Whatever e-mail account is attached to the PSN account that you purchased Plus with will be where they send it.

King4Ransom said:

October 20th, 3:36 pm

@8, rite on, thanks.
In the forums I noticed some people saying they received various beta invites and they’re not even a Plus member. that seems a little unfair to the Plus members but oh well. would be cool if I get at least one beta invite this year tho.

BlooodyCow said:

October 20th, 3:37 pm

count me….oh wait, I didn’t get into this beta.

koma1tose said:

October 20th, 3:43 pm

Ive been a plus member since day2 and i didn’t get this beta. @6 STFU I guess you didn’t see E3 marketing on ps plus and getting betas . i supported plus from the beginning and have not seen any love shown back. the selling point of plus was the betas and when it was first promotioned they never said select plus members only. i don’t think it’s fair that i was one of the first to subscribe to plus and people that joined AFTER me got more betas than me.

NEJI64 said:

October 20th, 3:49 pm

Do you still get 3 extra months free when you subscribe to PS+.

FredNation said:

October 20th, 3:49 pm

“If” I get invited I will definitely go on and put those servers to the test.

King4Ransom said:

October 20th, 3:52 pm

I’m a mature gamer so i could definitely give some practical feedback about the game.

J Goldberg's Avatar

J Goldberg said:

October 20th, 4:35 pm

We’re looking for as much feedback as possible from those in the beta. Every comment posted will help us to make Red Faction: Battlegrounds better in time for it to be officially released next year!

Make sure to use those handy links in the full post above.

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

October 20th, 3:57 pm

haha! ;)

mrpaulryan said:

October 20th, 3:58 pm

Um, if you want to “pack the servers”, then release it to everyone on PS Plus.

NURADEEN said:

October 20th, 4:00 pm

ive been a plus member since day2 and even got some of my friends to also subscribe to plus ,yet i haven’t got any beta invites. i don’t think it’s fair that i joined plus before alot of other plus members and they got betas and i didn’t . @6 BE QUIET and go check the marketing of plus from E3 2010.

footballrule said:

October 20th, 4:01 pm

Sounds good to me! I am a PS Plus member and I hope I get invited soon! :)

Cat_Corye said:

October 20th, 4:10 pm

@NURADEEN

Quit your crying, PS+ is in beta form and until they get everything fully running. We aren’t going to see every Plus user get in a beta.

Only beta I been in is Dead Space 2.

NURADEEN said:

October 20th, 4:36 pm

@6Cat_Corye lol you clown. i want to know where you heard plus was in beta form ,you pillow biter. i would punch u in the face if u were in person and said that to me coward .you must be the BIGGEST idiot on this blog. what a pathetic person you are, im expressing my concerns over MY plus subscription and here you are worrying about me . get a life and stop crying to me cuz ur life is worthless and u get none dooshbag.

Cat_Corye said:

October 20th, 4:40 pm

@NURADEEN

Calm down little kid, no need to get your panties in a twist.

Epiclees said:

October 20th, 4:40 pm

looks perfect for my psp just don’t come crashin on my ps3 yo XD

NURADEEN said:

October 20th, 4:45 pm

@6Cat_Corye lol clown . i was a little kid when i did 5yrs for manslaughter , i think im past that stage. you just another coward hiding behind a screen .

Cat_Corye said:

October 20th, 4:49 pm

@NURADEEN

lol well, little kid thinks he is a big boy. If you were a so called big boy, then why are you on here crying like a little baby over something that isn’t that big of a deal?

Seems to me you are nothing more then a drop out that didn’t have the smarts.

NURADEEN said:

October 20th, 4:55 pm

what city you in? little man. you must be a crack baby because you can’t grasp the notion of false advertisement and the concept of bait and switch . im done talking to you bend over Cat_Corye.

KILLZONE79 said:

October 20th, 4:57 pm

there better be more players vause when i log on to online theres no rooms

times i log online are 7am centeral

Kirkpad said:

October 20th, 4:59 pm

I am a BETA tester and have only played a little bit. Now that you’ve posted this, I’ll try playing in the designated hours as much as possible.

Link01 said:

October 20th, 5:18 pm

I’ll give feedback if I get in :D

Cat_Corye said:

October 20th, 5:20 pm

@NURADEEN

How is anything fasle? You might want to read up on things better, like PS+ users will be apart of beta’s but some maybe limit.

Plus even if it isn’t said that way, they did say PS+ users we be apart of the beta’s, they just didn’t say everyone one of them will.

Sorry but your just a little baby, go teeth on your mother now.

crusher915 said:

October 20th, 5:37 pm

when i first heard about a red faction arcade game i thought play create and share + Destroy!!!!!! common that kind of game should not be hard to make

Kagenish said:

October 20th, 6:25 pm

i got the beta the other day and yes i’m a PS+ user. i didn’t really get it but i’m going to try play it some more that way i’m able to give feedback.

@NURADEEN
the only beta that was open to everybody was AC:B beta which in other words you had access to if your a PS+ member.

Knight__one said:

October 20th, 6:41 pm

yeah I have been a plus member from the start and I never got the beta for this.

Knight__one said:

October 20th, 6:44 pm

to be honest I havn’t heard anything about this beta till now so either way I am not bothered.

If you get in you get in if not there will be more betas.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

October 20th, 7:14 pm

NURADEEN is child raging and acting tough this is classic gold…someone save this page.

ps day one buddy

gor1llap1mp said:

October 20th, 7:43 pm

With the continued success of the Red Faction franchise, any plans or desire to do a HD remake of the first 2 for PS3?

J Goldberg's Avatar

J Goldberg said:

October 20th, 8:17 pm

There are no current plans for an HD version of the first 2 Red Faction titles at this time, but if everyone likes Red Faction: Battlegrounds and Red Faction: Armageddon, who knows what could come later on down the line.

ubetter said:

October 20th, 7:55 pm

I’m waiting, send me a beta key already. I was invited to dead space 2 beta, which was a surpise

Jetup said:

October 20th, 7:56 pm

Whenever you guys fix those controls, I’ll start playing more.

J Goldberg's Avatar

J Goldberg said:

October 20th, 8:15 pm

You’re going to have to let us know what you want fixed! Head over to one of the links posted in the blog and let us know specifically what you think should change and why.

Thanks!

SuperTiso said:

October 20th, 9:00 pm

I’ve only played a small bit of the training. Couldn’t find anyone online oddly the night I got into the extension. I’ll try again tomorrow. I haven’t played much to give an opinion since I still got ACB and DS2 betas.

Edd said:

October 20th, 9:11 pm

I’m a PS+ member, yet I do not have this beta, why?

Dosx001 said:

October 20th, 9:15 pm

where the hell do i post my comments on Assassin Creed Brotherhood beta n Dead Space 2 beta

AgentAnderson said:

October 20th, 9:56 pm

UK this, UK that…. Why not post this on the uk.co PS blog ???

Lame

judalation said:

October 20th, 10:42 pm

Red faction was my first fps on the PS3… Safen to say this game really has a special spot in my heart… I would love to get into this beta and play the heck out of battlegrounds!

blankko7 said:

October 20th, 11:29 pm

Now here’s an idea if you want to pack the server to their limits, why don’t you give away the Beta code to ALL OF US plus members like EA did with Dead Space 2 instead of having us beg for one?

dr_sasquatch said:

October 21st, 5:27 am

“5 years for manslaughter” – is that what they call tearing the arms off your spiderman action figure these days?

IrishHater said:

October 21st, 6:11 am

I have an idea. How about opening the beta to all PS+ members and not just another 1000. You want a real life server test and quality feedback, flood it with a large number of users that are interested in the game, and can give good feedback. Are you guys only expecting small sales with increases in batches of a 1000. Are you guys expecting your target audience to be a random selection from a list of names….

This whole random PS+ beta garbage makes no sense. Of the 1000 more you are adding you could get 800 that have never played or heard of red fraction, and they will try it once or twice, and then be done with it and i bet they will not give you any feedback.

…. whatever just my 2 cents and nothing more I will stop now.

Grand_D said:

October 21st, 6:20 am

@ 43 HAHA nice, and I have been debating on whether or not to get PS+ and it looks like I have a really good reason or 2 to do so now!

RRstrong said:

October 21st, 7:06 am

WHAT A SHAME, I FEEL BAD FOR “RED FACTION” it use to be a good game, Innovative, and creative, and very interesting. THEY LOST THAT

ANUBUSNYC said:

October 21st, 8:15 am

@42 really I have been a plus member since day 1 and while I did receive a red faction beta code, I do not remember EA giving everyone a beta code for Dead Space 2, I did not get one, maybe you mean Ubisoft and Assassin’s Creed.

Spoelstra3 said:

October 21st, 8:49 am

I got the invite to the dead space 2 beta, and I loved it! When does that one end?

Sarno1605 said:

October 21st, 9:04 am

Um yea you have received a beta from PS+! AC Brotherhood was/is a beta in the PS+ section of the store. That beta is available to all PS+ subscribers. Why are so many PS+ members huge complainers? Did anyone force you to get PS+? No!

PAGE 1 2