PS4-Watch_Dogs

ModNation Racers Free DLC and Double XP Week!

Ramone Russell's Avatar + Posted by Ramone Russell on Oct 21, 2010 // Community Manager, SCEA San Diego Studios

Greetings and Happy MNR, um, Thursday everyone!

ModNation Racers: ModNation Monday

First off, as you may have already seen, the long-awaited Gopher hit the PlayStation Store yesterday. If you’re ready to hit the track with the flavor of the links, check him out. The Gopher Mod comes with a Golf Hat, Gopher Nose, and a Sweater Vest, and his Kart includes the Golf Kart Body and Golf Kart Seat.

Free MNR Stunt Parts Pack for two weeks!

As we mentioned last week, there are lots more good things coming to ModNation Racers. On October 26th, we’re going to be giving you the first taste of some track-enhancing goodness with a FREE parts pack. The Stunt Pack is the first of more Packs to come, and each one features a group of new parts to make the already amazing tracks out there even better. If you’ve ever wondered how we can add to and improve upon the hundreds of thousands of amazing tracks that are already out there, these Packs are the answer, and the first one is free for TWO WEEKS!

Included in the Stunt Pack are 14 parts listed below.

Stunt Pack

• Tire Stack
  • Glass Plate
  • Flaming Fence

DoubleDecker

New bus prop.

StuntRamp

A long ramp for all the creators out there who like catching some serious air.

TiltingPlatform

This platform can be used in a variety of ways to help enhance your track creations.

Modzilla

A new dynamic prop for all you devastator lovers out there. Beware!!!!

We can’t wait to see what you can do with these new parts. Everyone at UFG and SCEA San Diego would like to thank you all for supporting MNR since its launch in May. Thanks again for sticking with us through the long haul.

MNR Double XP Week

Finally, while we’re taking care of our dedicated community, let’s keep piling it on. We’re going to be having another Double XP week! That’s right – From Tuesday, October 26th through Monday, November 1st, put the pedal to the metal and double your rewards. See you on the track!

MNR Halloween themed creations contest

Submit your original Halloween themed Karts, Mods, and Tracks here for a chance to win a free Mod and Kart. The winner’s creations will be showcased in November’s first ModNation Monday blog.

MNR Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handy work on the PlayStation.Blog.

Mod of the Week

Mod Name: Badimo
Creator: Stitchless

Badimo

If there is life on other planets and they are cage fighters, this guy is one of them. The lifeless black eyes and spiraling of razor wire make it pretty clear that he’s not to be messed with. If you download him, I suggest that you don’t lose. I don’t think he’ll like it….

Kart of the Week

Kart Name: Meltdown
Creator: Icandy55

Meltdown

Apparently demons can be gangsta rappers. One look at this Kart, and you’ll understand why. From the anguished airbrushed face on the hood front to the beating heart engine in the back, this ride is all freaky. Throw in that wood grain finish for a touch of class, and you’ve got a whip that’s fit for even the most discerning demonic taste.

Track of the Week

If you have a video(s) of your track submit them to MNR’s YouTube channel by emailing ModNation@Playstation.Sony.com and we will include them in the blog if your track is showcased.

Track Name: Alphorma
Created by: Adie23

Alphorma

Alphorma 2 Alphorma 3

Adie23 says “This once peaceful coastal city is now home to jumps, traps, tight turns and barrels of doom”

This track isn’t hyper-populated with props all over the place and it isn’t super long, and I think those are the reasons it shines. There are turns that have to be carefully negotiated, there are boost pads that may or may not be worth going for (Adie23 was sneaky about that in a couple of spots), and there’s enough air, drift opportunities, and pods to keep you boosting and competitive in some quick and dirty races.

Hot Lap Roster for this week

Continuing with the trend we started weeks ago this weeks Hot Lap roster features all new community created tracks.

Monday: Gobi Desert, by C_Smith
Tuesday: Spring Water Falls, by Yika
Wednesday: Twin Mountain Rally v2, by blizzardmx-5
Thursday: Kingdom Of The 4th Dragon, by Generic_Oval
Friday: Marketcrash, by Flamestalker-NL
Saturday: Mystery Track
Sunday: Mystery Track

More news next week, until then… see you in the ModSpot!

PAGE 1 2

+ EdgarFriendly on October 21st, 2010 at 12:11 pm said:

Is this coming to Modnation PSP as well?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on October 21st, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

No DLC for the PSP

+ Arayku on October 21st, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

This stuff looks great, hopefully theirs something down the line for a battle mode. Thx guys!

+ rera121989 on October 21st, 2010 at 12:18 pm said:

Awesome! Double Xp and Dlc keep it up guys

+ SirTrigalot on October 21st, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

cool need to get back into Modnation. That difficulty was still a pain though

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on October 21st, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

We patched a casual difficulty into the game a while back.

+ tigerfodder on October 21st, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

Nice. But I’m still hoping for additional game modes DLC.

+ FeistFan on October 21st, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

K-Wrecks — what an awful pun!! I love it!!

Thanks for finally having some more free add-ons! Looking forward to it!!

+ MylesG on October 21st, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

This is awesome! Can’t wait to put these new pieces to use. Still plan on adding additional track themes as well? Also I hear there is a patch being pushed out today – any details on what’s in it? I’m still hoping for a bug fix/enhancements patch for the track editor as well at some point.

Thanks for giving track designers new stuff to work with!

MG

+ Kirkpad on October 21st, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

Looks like I should go and buy my own copy for the Double XP week. You guys are really keeping this game going, and I need to get back into it with a copy of my own.

+ Lloyd2k4 on October 21st, 2010 at 12:54 pm said:

The tilting platform and T-Wrecks are going to be great to add some new, unique flavor to all the track creations out there… I can’t wait to get my hands on them myself. It’s good to know that this is only the ‘first’ pack of many, as well. So glad they listened to us on the Track DLC. This stuff makes it worth the wait.

+ Kluzot on October 21st, 2010 at 12:59 pm said:

Hi !

With this new pack, can we expect new official MNR track too ?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on October 21st, 2010 at 2:11 pm said:

Stay tuned in the future

+ whitefroDK4 on October 21st, 2010 at 1:01 pm said:

Is the Double XP for winning races like in Race Series and single races, or is it just for Create XP like last time?

+ kenny-1995 on October 21st, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

So is this the reason for the 1.05 update?

+ Spinout209 on October 21st, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Double XP for the win!

+ playnation on October 21st, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Can you guys please add loops? Or maybe a hot wheels style pack with crazy loops and obstacles. also can u guys make it so we can make indoor tracks that aren’t tunnels? like a factory or something? i know its a lot to ask for but i know you guys can do it! it also helps that im willing to whip out the for it :D

P.S. please reply :D

+ Lloyd2k4 on October 21st, 2010 at 1:23 pm said:

Russel, why do you guys keep running Kingdom of the 4th Dragon in Hotlap? Not only is the track beyond atrocious, but this is like the third time it’s been run during a week’s line up. Can we get some new tracks in there, please?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on October 21st, 2010 at 2:15 pm said:

Must be a mistake no track should run that much I’ll check it out.

+ RichieAppel on October 21st, 2010 at 1:24 pm said:

@whitefroDK4

There was double XP for racing last time. All I did the whole double xp week last time was racing, and believe me I was getting double xp from the races.

+ SPOOKULA209 on October 21st, 2010 at 1:48 pm said:

I go on vacation next week so I’ll be back on this game again

+ FE_RR on October 21st, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

My PS3 got the YLOD, after all this years battling, it died with pride, i will see if i can fix it before november 7 or get slim in it’s place…i love this ps3

+ SlySkyrat73 on October 21st, 2010 at 2:18 pm said:

Is there going to be a MNR 2 or are you going to support this game for a while.

+ maverick–07– on October 21st, 2010 at 2:36 pm said:

Track DLC/Double XP sounds awesome!

Btw Russell when are Boardwalk, Flaming Jumps, and Drift Paradise coming back to the XP Series? Some of us posted new playlists with UFG tracks a while back on the forums (You posted the thread asking for some) and they still haven’t been put into the series yet. A lot of the XP racers would really appreciate it. And perhaps some user-made tracks could be put in the series in the future also.

+ Elnath10 on October 21st, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

Looks like last week of October is gonna be awesome for MnR. Please keep us giving more stuff for the game ’cause the game needs more and more as we do.

One question Ramone, I guess we are still having stuff for mods and karts in the future weeks, after Gopher DLC, what’s next in the store? are you going to add some new guys for the game? like vampy, princess, and those guys with new stuff for mods and kart bodies??

Thankx

+ grey_jeep on October 21st, 2010 at 2:58 pm said:

UFG!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much!! ;) These are just the props I need to make my two new tracks!! They have been in the works just not completed. One might have to wait for more dlc to be completed though.

+ grey_jeep on October 21st, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

OOOh and does the dinosaur pick the racers up in its mouth and eat them?!!!

Ramone Russell's Avatar

+ Ramone Russell on October 22nd, 2010 at 11:09 am said:

Yes much in the same way the Devastator works

+ NEJI64 on October 21st, 2010 at 3:08 pm said:

How about adding 15 of the top created tracks to XP Sires.

+ JAk_HAk on October 21st, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

Strange…I thought I was looking at Joe Danger artwork for a moment there. I hope it matches better in-game.

+ Elnath10 on October 21st, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

@23 grey_jeep

I guess that dinosaur think will spit fire

@24 NEJI64

mm… not necessary the top 15 tracks, ’cause I don’t want to race a series in that endless circle 100,000 drift points track that is the most downloaded onw, so boring… and some other tracks that are simple comparing them to other ones we have saw in hot laps, but that have more downloads…

the selection has to be very accurate to add a users track in XP series, I will suggest instead a pack of 10 new tracks for UFG

+ VintageOctopus on October 21st, 2010 at 3:23 pm said:

How much will the expansion cost after the two weeks, do you know? I might buy it if it’s under $5.

+ playnation on October 21st, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

Come on UF answer my questions!

+ TapDatApp on October 21st, 2010 at 3:39 pm said:

Good, good. This is what the game REALLY needs. Currently, there isn’t enough variation between track levels. More tools and items are desperately needed…would be cool if we could create our own, kinda like in LBP.

^^ All this comes from an original MIDNIGHT Launch Supporter for ModNation Racers. Keep up the good work, United Front Games! :D

+ bowling_ninja on October 21st, 2010 at 4:03 pm said:

if and when i get a ps3 i won’t be buying this game because you guys just confirmed “no dlc for psp”

+ BossVersion1 on October 21st, 2010 at 4:36 pm said:

Thanks for the free DLC, fellas! Always appreciated.

+ WhiteF8ng on October 21st, 2010 at 5:02 pm said:

Uh-huh. That’s the good stuff. Now if a theme comes next week I do believe a new “life” will be breathed into the MNR community…

+ RockToonz on October 21st, 2010 at 5:03 pm said:

thanks alot UFG… looking forward for more good dlc….

+ Xoombie503 on October 21st, 2010 at 6:18 pm said:

and i thought mnr was dead…i hate it that we cant build up boost while drifting,you have to stop and let it raise and by then bam you are dead

+ EdReedFan20 on October 21st, 2010 at 6:31 pm said:

Are we ever going to get a “Time Savers” pack allowing us to buy an unlock code for the items typically earned in career mode. I’d pay for it if you did!

+ maverick34jjv on October 21st, 2010 at 6:33 pm said:

Glad to hear new track parts are coming!! We just need inversions for our tracks. And possible a free Spooky Track theme, please!!

+ SUPERGAMER247 on October 21st, 2010 at 8:29 pm said:

@ vintageoctopus just buy it when its free and re download it when you finally get the game

+ OveReAction on October 21st, 2010 at 9:38 pm said:

Booyah! I definitely going to download this! You rock, UFG!

+ Tecnoboy1 on October 22nd, 2010 at 12:34 am said:

@15

Yes, that’s the third time, and gobi desert was run already too.

+ ammarassam on October 22nd, 2010 at 1:37 am said:

add me iam da best in mw2 and …………

+ AWESOMEgamer875 on October 22nd, 2010 at 3:24 am said:

This game is only forty dollars now! Im buying next time i get some extra cash. Maybe its getting to sound like a replay on nintendo, but couldnt they make a Move Wheel and make it compatible with Modnation Racers.

+ TidleyWinker on October 22nd, 2010 at 4:30 am said:

Hi, can you tell me how I can be selected for hotlap please. I have posted some tracks on the hotlap submission and Modnation online but to no avail. Can you help me with where I should post my tracks. Thx.

+ TidleyWinker on October 22nd, 2010 at 4:31 am said:

P.S the account I use for modnation is MightyDeuce, thx.

+ DABUNKER on October 22nd, 2010 at 5:28 am said:

@Ramone Russel
I know there was a patch released to balance out the difficulty, but could you guys try it again. I’ve been trapped in the same race for weeks now even since the patch. It doesn’t seem to matter how far ahead I get. By the end of the race I’m always out of place.

+ Frejim on October 22nd, 2010 at 7:20 am said:

THX!!!!

Now where did I leave my MNR disc? It has to be around here somewhere!

Back to MNR!!!!! Double XP FTW!!!!

+ Bender-678 on October 22nd, 2010 at 8:07 am said:

UFG, Ramone, whoever, look. I love the heck out of this game. I’ve always loved karting games, and I’ve always loved games with extreme customization. You guys are like…my heroes for making this fantastic game, and I appreciate all the hard work you put into this… But could you please, PLEASE, for the love of mankind and all that is holy, fix the text search option? That 1.05 patch hardly did squat. It’s gone from never working to only working for a few seconds every few minutes. I want to download the tracks of the week you show so bad, but I can’t, because the text search will not work properly, which is becoming increasingly frustrating. I am not a good track-creator, so I’d really like for the text search to actually work when looking for good tracks making use of these new track props. =\

+ Nunchuckles on October 22nd, 2010 at 8:58 am said:

Pretty annoying to see the icon on the bottom right of the TV showing the Move controller not being seen by the Eye. All they had to do was sit back a little bit so the Eye could get a good view of the Move controller. Also, the Move controller would blink red sometimes because it wasn’t being detected by the Eye. But about the game, I saw a Quick Look of it at Giant Bomb, and it’s still not the game that I’ve been waiting for. I bought 4 Move controllers and one navigation controller hoping for a good hardcore game like Sorcery. But it seems that’s the only game out there that’s going to satisfy the actual game category with motion controls. Man, I really do regret buying that many controllers. $230 for poppy casual games.

+ BalramRules on October 22nd, 2010 at 9:47 am said:

MNR iz certainly just like LBP

+ Elnath10 on October 22nd, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

I don’t think that the IA in this game is hard at all, before the patch with the new “casual” level for the IA, i’ve already passed and unlocked everything back then… some races are hard but not for complaining about it, can’t even imagine how easy is now with the “casual” level for the IA. I really don’t get it why they are still guys complaining about it. I know not everybody is a good racer and each one has their own skills but I really thing this game is not hard at all in single campaign.

+ SpankyMcGivens on October 22nd, 2010 at 3:30 pm said:

I am going to buy this game this week. Is it available as a download from the PSN or is it only available as BlueRay Disc?

PAGE 1 2