Minecraft PS4

No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise Announced Exclusively for PS3 and PlayStation Move

Jeff Rubenstein's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Rubenstein on Oct 26, 2010 // Sr. Social Media Manager

No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise

Our friends at KONAMI wanted PlayStation fans to be the first to know – Travis Touchdown is making the leap into high definition exclusively for the PS3 with No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise.

In 2011, North American PS3 owners will get their first taste of the No More Heroes universe, and KONAMI’s making use of the power of the platform to add new features, additional bosses, and PlayStation Move support. That means you’ll be swinging your Beam Katana through Santa Destroy’s top assassins with the power and precision of PlayStation Move, all in HD.

No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise

Please be sure to read the press release below for more details, take a look at the first screenshots, and know that we’ll have more on No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise here on the PlayStation.Blog as we approach the game’s release. If you’ve got questions, drop them in the comments and KONAMI will address them in a future post.

No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise

KONAMI ANNOUNCES NO MORE HEROES: HEROES’ PARADISE FOR PLAYSTATION MOVE

Players Help Travis Touchdown Hack and Slash Through the Ranks of the United Assassins Association With new Playstation Move Controls

El Segundo, Calif. – Oct 26, 2010 – KONAMI Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced today that No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise is coming to PlayStation 3 and will be compatible with Sony’s new PlayStation Move controls. Developed by AQ Interactive Inc., No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise will be available exclusively for PlayStation 3 in North America as Travis Touchdown returns to become the world’s number one assassin.

In No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise, players journey through the sunny city of Santa Destroy as Travis Touchdown, battling to eliminate some of the world’s deadliest assassins. Equipped with a razor sharp Beam Katana sword, players start off as the 11th ranked assassin and try to move up the ranks to position themselves as the ultimate killer. During the course of the game, players encounter Sylvia, a mysterious woman from the United Assassins Association, who arranges fights with other higher ranked assassins to help Travis become the number one in the world. Players will either ride through the town on Travis’ trusty motor bike or travel on foot to arrive at Travis’ next assignment.

Using either a DUALSHOCK 3 wireless controller or the PlayStation Move motion controller players have access to a wide range of physical assaults and katana attacks, with each bout tracked by a dynamic camera that showcases the game’s stunning visuals and cinematic fight sequences. By varying the grip and control of the Beam Katana and the timing of their attacks, players have a wide range of moves at their disposal to help Travis battle and defeat his enemies. Defeated foes can also be dispatched with stunning finishing moves, allowing Travis to cement his rising reputation with a series of breathtaking kills.

Travis’ progression is enhanced via a series of sub-missions as well as the ability to hone his skills and upgrade his weapon within the lab. Santa Destroy is a living, breathing place, and the anti-hero can enter shops, visit a gym to train, and collect special icons that will enhance his attack options. As players progress through the game, they will have the opportunity to complete deadly missions and side jobs as they make their way up the ladder of the United Assassins Association.

Aside from the side missions, players will also be able to enjoy newly added game modes like “Rebout Mode” where former foes can be challenged again. Also, players will have the opportunity to encounter additional boss characters that were not available in the original episode but will be on the PlayStation®3 version of the game. Additionally, “Viewer Mode” is also available allowing players to re-watch infamous cut scenes in crystal clear HD graphics. With its stunning visuals, additional levels of action, improved AI and an incredible level of control, No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise represents a welcome return for one of gaming’s most daring creators.

No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise is slated to release in 2011 exclusively for the PlayStation 3. For assets and information on the game, please visit: www.konami.com.

About Konami
KONAMI is a leading developer, publisher and manufacturer of electronic entertainment properties and traditional trading card games. KONAMI’s software titles include the popular franchises Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, DanceDanceRevolution and Castlevania, among other top sellers. KONAMI is also the manufacturer of the wildly popular Yu-Gi-Oh! TRADING CARD GAME, which has sold more than 22 billion cards worldwide. The latest information about KONAMI can be found on the Web at www.konami.com. KONAMI CORPORATION is a publicly traded company based in Tokyo, Japan with subsidiary offices, Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. In Tokyo, Japan, Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. in the United States and Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH in Frankfurt, Germany. KONAMI CORPORATION is traded in the United States on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol KNM. Details of the products published by KONAMI can be found at www.konami.com.

94 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ samoon on October 26th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

0.o

+ Cobra1 on October 26th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

I think Sony would be better served to release the games in the pipeline rather than continually announce stuff too far out. Its killing the hype. It would also be nice if Sony actually releases a PS3 exclusive in time for Christmas this year. As of right now, I don’t see any. Everything is multiplatform.

+ xxnike629xx on October 26th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

OH?!

I was thinking about getting a Nintendo Wii, and the No More Heroes was a game I was going to get.

=D

Looks like I’ll be waiting. NICCEEE!

+ IceSamurai on October 26th, 2010 at 1:07 pm said:

For North American thats cool.

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on October 26th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

All right lets put the Move controller through iys paces. Been waiting for a game like this to really enjoy my Move controller

+ reson8er on October 26th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

Looking forward to this, I’ve heard some good things about this game. Glad to see it make it way to a platform more suited to its content.

+ TomHoang on October 26th, 2010 at 1:08 pm said:

Is the game censored? One of my all time favorite Wii games!

+ x9248 on October 26th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Interesting 2nd screenshot LOL

+ FadeToOne on October 26th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

So from the sound of it, it’s just a remake of the original? Meh.

+ HJayZ91 on October 26th, 2010 at 1:14 pm said:

Is this a upgrade of the first game or the second game on the Wii or is it both together like GoW Collection?

+ depward on October 26th, 2010 at 1:15 pm said:

I love my imported copy of the game. Will be double-dipping for sure!

Will the game be censored like its Japanese release? That’s my only disappointment from my import copy.

+ jonathanM21 on October 26th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Oh man. This is awesome.

I hope the Move gets more gamers games like this. Sports Champions is cool and all but bring on No More Heroes!

Day 1.

+ GabeP on October 26th, 2010 at 1:16 pm said:

Never played the others but saw video. Definitely considering buying this with PS3 tasty exclusiveness with Move support. Most excellent..

+ SteeliestGuzman on October 26th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

no more heroes welcome to the ps3 exclusive lol and anyone like me has no more heroes one tis time to exchage or trade it for the ps3 game and yes 2011 is a year of broke cause i gonna be broke lol

+ megafan999 on October 26th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

Now I’m finally going to play this, kind of glad I never got around buying it for the Wii (rented it and now I’m going to give it another chance :P)

+ Nintendo451 on October 26th, 2010 at 1:19 pm said:

No way! I never thought that a publisher would bring this game over outside of Japan! Any word on price? Will it be a full $60 game? Or will it be maybe…$50, as it’ll be a three year-old game by the time it’s released.

+ Berae on October 26th, 2010 at 1:28 pm said:

Never looked for this game really but i’ll be sure to check it out when we get more infos

+ judalation on October 26th, 2010 at 1:30 pm said:

THIS IS THE GAME YOUVE BEEN WAITING FOR… no more excuses guys this game is definatly the one game that was made for the MOVE and will unlock its true potential… This series was awesome on the WII and 10/10 !

+ dragonmagician on October 26th, 2010 at 1:31 pm said:

Wii ports incoming.

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on October 26th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

How about Okami HD remake with Move support????
That is a beautiful game, and is an obvious match for the Move. One can only hope

+ MetalGearCrysis on October 26th, 2010 at 1:34 pm said:

Nice. Now I don’t have to import.

+ Dragun619 on October 26th, 2010 at 1:36 pm said:

Awesome news! Jeff, Do you know if this will be more improved than the Japanese version? I hear it lacked any significant differences between the HD ports n the Wii version.

+ Gitaroo on October 26th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

better not be censored like the JP version, and hope they fix up all the load time and performance problems from the JP version.

+ Kirkpad on October 26th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

OH SNAP. Move controls are NEEDED in this game. And now it’s an exclusive? Weird.

The only thing I noticed is that it certainly sounds like a port of the Wii game, by the product description. I’d like to see more on this.

+ THE_MR_PENGUIN on October 26th, 2010 at 1:47 pm said:

sick. great news!
hope the graphics are upgraded from the previous wii versions

+ Zezzler on October 26th, 2010 at 1:49 pm said:

DANM! Its about time! I’ve been waiting for this forever! Thank you konami. hopefully they will pixelize the move controller like the wii counterpart. day one buy for sure.

+ Vu_Prime on October 26th, 2010 at 1:53 pm said:

Wow. I’m actually excited for this one. Always piqued my interest on the Wii but honestly the Wii isn’t the most accurate motion gaming experience. Seeing this game in Hi Def would be amazing!

+ Monkey521 on October 26th, 2010 at 1:55 pm said:

@ Cobra

“KONAMI Digital Entertainment, Inc. announced today” <—- Not Sony, so please save your complaining for another day.

+ hanzox7 on October 26th, 2010 at 1:56 pm said:

Excellent! I remember this game making it into the IGN’s 2008 game of the year list.

So far, I only have Sports Champions, cuz it came bundled – but i’m looking forward The Fight Lights Out. Looks like 2011 is shaping up to be a great Move-exclusives year. Little Big Planet 2, Killzone 3, Sorcery, No More Heroes. MLB The Show 11 with Move would be interesting (although you can’t really hold the Move like a real baseball bat)

I’m hoping they make Metal Gear Solid 4 Move-compatible and add trophies. Heavy Rain and RE5 were good with Move.

+ jimmy903 on October 26th, 2010 at 1:58 pm said:

Very excited about this.

+ plaztiksyke on October 26th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

Awesome! But, what’s with the 800×450 screenshots?

This game is going to render in 1080p natively, or at least with MSAA upscaling to 1080p, like most games these days, right?

Can we also look forward to losslessly compressed audio for the music? The Wii version sounded absolutely awful, so I’m looking forward to this PS3-exclusive game taking advantage of the PS3′s HD audio capabilities.

Does this include the original version of No More Heroes as well?

I’d love to see Contra: Rebirth on PSN with trophies as well.

+ HazeBlaze on October 26th, 2010 at 1:59 pm said:

This is an awesome announcement. I am personally waiting for Sorcery & Socom before I spend the money on Move… This looks like another addition worthy of the purchase.

I’ve played and enjoyed Sports Champions, I just need more core games before I can justify the expense though.

+ Vabor on October 26th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

That looks great. Big improvement over the Wii versions. Can’t wait to see how it plays.

+ Rinaldus91 on October 26th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

And there’s the game that’s gonna push me into buying a Move. Are you happy Sony!?

Just take all my money, I don’t care anymore.

+ craiglaurence on October 26th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

I was gonna import this, thanks for bringing it here. Can we get any idea of an expected release date? Also, any chance for NMH2 to be ported as well?

+ Mobius_124 on October 26th, 2010 at 2:16 pm said:

Please DONT CENSOR IT!!!!

+ Remiel89 on October 26th, 2010 at 2:19 pm said:

Very strange! Wasn’ it announced at GamesCom as a “European only” release? Why does this text talk about only a US release?

+ hardy_83 on October 26th, 2010 at 2:21 pm said:

I own both NMH and NMH2 for the Wii. BUY THIS! That is all.

+ zod18 on October 26th, 2010 at 2:23 pm said:

GIVE US GT5 damnit …don’t talk about games coming out next year while keeping quiet about games that are supposed to come out this year :(

+ TraceableX on October 26th, 2010 at 2:27 pm said:

+++++++++++++++++++++PLEASE DON’T CENSOR IT+++++++++++++++++++++

+ NissanFlyboy on October 26th, 2010 at 2:29 pm said:

I hope it’s 1:1, please don’t to a Wii kind of thing and have it where it “kinda” know where your swinging it.

+ Trieloth on October 26th, 2010 at 2:31 pm said:

Cool now i dont have to get a freakn Wii.

+ Leninade on October 26th, 2010 at 2:33 pm said:

OH MY GOD……BAAAADDASSSSS

+ Geos59 on October 26th, 2010 at 2:35 pm said:

Freaking awesome, now I need to change my pants. XD

+ MadMeat001 on October 26th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

In america, i remember that game seemed funny but i didn’t really felt like playing the original version on the wii

+ lobotomies4free on October 26th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

this is such an awesome game and I’m glad ps3 only owners are now getting a chance to play it (seriously go buy it)

but its far enough along that we should get both games for the price of one or something. They’re not long games either

+ Gunblader_ on October 26th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

Great news, I love No More Heroes. Any word if the North America version will fix the horrendous load times?

+ TheInfectedBy590 on October 26th, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

AND
MORE YES!!!

+ JumpMan33 on October 26th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

Sweet! I enjoyed the original version, but it didn’t look so great on my HDTV. Can’t wait to pick this up. =)

PAGE 1 2