No Man's Sky

Halloween Festivities Continue in PlayStation Home with Silent Hill 2 Items + The Force Unleashed II, Hudson Gate Updates & More!!!

Locust_Star's Avatar + Posted by Locust_Star on Oct 27, 2010 // PlayStation Home Community Manager

He’s one of the most iconic villains in the history of video games, and this week he appears in PlayStation Home courtesy of our friends over at Konami. That’s right – Red Pyramid (a.k.a. “Pyramid Head”) virtual items are coming to you just in time for Halloween. And that’s not all – girls can pick up the grotesque Bubble Head Nurse costume (from Silent Hill 2) as well as a female version of the Saw franchise mascot, Billy the Puppet, from the PlayStation Home Mall come this Thursday, October 28th.

Konami_SilentHill-Saw2_102810_1012x1012

Continuing our Halloween celebration in Central Plaza, an updated version of the Lord Pumpkinhead game is being released this week. Be sure to log in to PlayStation Home on Thursday to play the Lord Pumpkinhead game and unlock tons of exclusive rewards.

After you are done playing the Lord Pumpkinhead game, head on over to the Central Plaza kiosk to pick up two special gifts that we are making available to you, the PlayStation Home community, as a sign of thanks for your ongoing support. Guys will be able to pick up the “Moonslayer Sword” while girls will be able to add the “Shadowpiercer Weapon” to their inventories free-of-charge through Halloween night. Take advantage of this special Halloween offer by logging into PlayStation Home and visiting the Central Plaza kiosk before Monday, November 1st.

In other Halloween-related news, Codeglue releases some super spooky clothing items this week (a fantastic Mummy costume and the gruesome “Bone shirt”) along with some truly horrific furniture items for your personal space (like the Skull Throne and Guillotine – pictured below).

scary_chair skeletal_arm_male

The LucasArts store receives a massive update this week with four new costumes from the recently-released Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II – including the dual-lightsaber wielding Starkiller, Rahm Kota, Imperial Jump Trooper, and the all-new Terror Trooper (dual lightsabers are also available separately). Visit the PlayStation Home Mall this Thursday to pick up these items along with the veritable ton of other Star Wars items currently available from LucasArts.

TFUII_684x384

Also releasing this week are the newest addition to the long line of PlayStation Home original costumes (such as the female “Red Dragon” outfit and the male “Mechanical Abomination” suit) along with three amazing new active items – “Johnny the Mysterious Doll”, the “Magic Cauldron” and the “Miniature Dragon” companion for your personal space. Check ‘em out!

You asked for it, so we’re bringing it to you: The mega-popular Hudson Gate and Dolphy Room are being updated this week with more items as well as some changes and optimizations to the Dolphy game!

Speaking of popular games, Lockwood Publishing are excited to announce that over a million gamers have played through Sodium! As a token of appreciation they’re offering a selection of fine gifts and offers to the whole PlayStation Home community. Whether you’re a battle-hardened tank pilot or expert bartender there’s something for you this week. Head to the Sodium Hub this week for a golden “Thank You” reward, additional earnings for Sodium bartenders, extended free-access to the Sodium Salt Shooter, and even discounted Pilots Jackets!

See you in Home!

PAGE 1 2

+ MISSMORPHINEx on October 27th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

are they gonna add the vampire outfit from last halloween? ive been waiting for it for a long time… i love the hair.. n im not the only one.. a lot of girls out there love that vampire hair.. so please…. RE ADD THE VAMPIRE OUTFIT… thank you :)

+ VincentVendetta on October 27th, 2010 at 2:37 pm said:

Can we have a PS2 Anniversairy Event?

+ Curtisio on October 27th, 2010 at 2:39 pm said:

Cool beans! I mean cool JELLY beans

+ SupaFanboy on October 27th, 2010 at 2:40 pm said:

whoa!

i thought you cant make the haloween events better but you guys suprised me again

good job pshome staff!

+ TheUndertaker85 on October 27th, 2010 at 2:40 pm said:

Will there be upgrades to CP for Halloween or just the minigame? I ask because on the forum, there’s 60% of people that have voted that are very dissatisfied with the current Halloween setup. Part of this appears to be being fixed with the improvement of the Lord Pumpkinhead game. But another part of it also spans into the look and feel of CP. Anything to fix this major dissatisfaction rate?

On another note, it’s good to see Lockwood keeping tabs on Sodium One. Can we expect to see the hinted at Sodium Two soon or new unlockable apartments?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 27th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

Hi TheUndertaker85,

The updates to the game will address the issues reported to the HCM staff regarding users being unable to enter/play the game. No changes will be made to the weather/time of day in CP.

Best,

L_S

+ DCS-Tekken on October 27th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

I didn’t see the New NDreams Costume for tomarrow? Are we going to get that one?

Thanks!

By: DCS

+ Enigmatech on October 27th, 2010 at 2:42 pm said:

Yes! Dolphy races every 20 minutes instead of twice an hour plus all the new dolphy colors and effects(?).

I’m gonna get back into racing all 3 dolphies that I have.

How about that Netflix streaming in Home rumor/suggestion I read about?

+ DCS-Tekken on October 27th, 2010 at 2:45 pm said:

Are we Getting The Dolphy Cushions tomarrow for Hudson like EU Home is getting… Or are We getting the Frames like Japan did?

I Hope it’s the Cushions… I Like those Better.

Let us know?

By: DCS

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 27th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

Yes! You are getting both.

+ Joanna_Dark_ on October 27th, 2010 at 2:46 pm said:

Are the Lucas Arts costumes for females as well? Any of them?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 27th, 2010 at 2:48 pm said:

Yes – girls will be able to choose from Jump Trooper armor, Terror Trooper armor, and dual lightsabers.

+ DCS-Tekken on October 27th, 2010 at 2:47 pm said:

Was Hoping for A Haunted House Person Space this year.. Is there any chance were getting one as a Surprise tomarrow?

LOL!

Be Nice if they did add one…

Aww!

By: DCS

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 27th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

No new personal spaces tomorrow. However, the Zombie Deadquarters is available from the Estates store, and is about as creepy of a personal space as I can imagine (it even grants you and your friends free zombie costumes upon entry).

+ Joanna_Dark_ on October 27th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

Also Locust you may have noticed that there is a lot of discussion on the PlayStation Home forums about the EA Sports Complex. Can you please reveal any information as to when we might be able to expect the complex spaces to return back to the Navigator.

There are a ton of poker players especially who are very distraught about the loss of their favorite game.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 27th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

There are no updates to share at this time. We recognize that people are eager for this space to return and I can assure you that we are doing what we can to make that so.

+ Blkant on October 27th, 2010 at 2:49 pm said:

SILENT HILL 2! ^_^ But why no James Sunderland… Oh well, its still SH2 :) I’ll definitely have to check this one out :P

+ TrueFFVIIFan on October 27th, 2010 at 2:50 pm said:

Tried to play the game at Central Plaza, but I was often timed out because the service was unavailable (I MEAN F**KING! OFTEN!!!)… Can you please fix it or to have it available for one more week after this week? I am quite frustrated that the service is not available… PLEASE FIX IT!

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 27th, 2010 at 2:54 pm said:

This will be fixed tomorrow.

+ Blkant on October 27th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

Still would like the CP to be decorated a bit more for the holidays… Night time with glowing pumpkins etc… Atmosphere should be a real selling point on Home.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 27th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

We hear you loud and clear on this. However, it is not possible for us to make a change to CP for this particular event at this time.

+ Kamiboy on October 27th, 2010 at 2:53 pm said:

Horror is a great fit for home with all of uncanny valley looking glass eyed character models you already feel like everyone you meet is either possessed or is about a nudge from cracking open your skull.

+ DCS-Tekken on October 27th, 2010 at 2:55 pm said:

Can we get an Active Item increase?

Now with all these Active Item’s coming to Home…

2 Active Item’s is not enough… Can we up it to at least 5?

Thanks.

By: DCS

PS. I got the Zombie Deadquarters last year and it is really nice. And Nice Zombie Costume as well. So if anyone hasn’t gotten that yet do so it’s a great personal space!

+ StephieRawks on October 27th, 2010 at 2:56 pm said:

Home team,
Thanks for fixing the pumpkin game before it was too late, Home team! (Really, that was sincerity, not sarcasm!)

I’m so glad we’re finally getting the Hudson update too. I’ve been looking forward to it ever since I heard about the star track, animated skins and new unlockables from Japan’s update. Any word on when North America will be getting more of the awesome Irem updates Japan has?

And congrats to all 1 million+ of the Sodium players! Next round of vetoxade is on me!

<3,
Stephie

PS: Please keep Johnny the Mysterious Doll out of all of my personal spaces. He totally creeps me out already! :O

+ silverthehedgeh on October 27th, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

any chance on getting this costume http://uploads.alphazone4.com:81/2010/10/lvup.jpg the black rob costume

+ Deak1124 on October 27th, 2010 at 3:00 pm said:

I’m so happy for a Pumpkinhead game update. I managed to get in once by sheer luck and loved it. I was trying to help my sister get prizes for her avatar but couldn’t and was worried the even was one week only.

I don’t know what the issue with the game was, but I really hope you guys were able to take care of the glitch that many inconsiderate Home users were exploiting this past week: Walking on the Central Plaza Fountain.

Obviously that shouldn’t be done, but I read multiple articles/forums online last week that said that only made the issues with the Lord Pumpkinhead game worse, preventing it from playing at all. I tried reasoning with these people, and they just refused to leave the fountain, and made the situation worse by showing other users how to exploit the glitch and just camp out on the fountain.

I’m really digging the events & rewards Home has been dishing out in the past months, they’ve pulled me back in to utilizing this part of my PS3.

I eagerly await the updated Lord Pumpkinhead tomorrow, and hopefully won’t have such a Home-related headache this week.

Hope you guys have a just as awesome Halloween as you have been providing us with.

+ footballrule on October 27th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

Are we getting any new nDreams costumes on Thursday, Locust_Star?

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 27th, 2010 at 3:18 pm said:

No – there is no nDreams content coming to SCEA Home this week.

+ Feral_Dragon on October 27th, 2010 at 3:09 pm said:

Guys get Pyramid Head, I`m so jealous. Oh well, I hope this “Red Dragon” outfit for girls looks as cool as it sounds. Is there a pic? I`m hoping it`s actually a dragon costume, with dragon head/mask. Skimpy clothes just asks for more harrassment from guys, and we already get enough of that, thank you. The doll looks creepy, I might actually get that one, and that`s awesome of you guys to give us free swords(they ARE free, right?).

And I`m also glad you`re looking into fixing the Pumpkin game in CP as it`s really unfair that 95% of the Home population can`t get in. After a full week just trying to play ONCE, I`d finally given up, but if it does get fixed this time, I might try again.

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 27th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

The swords are free (from the Central Plaza kiosk) until Monday, the 1st. After that time, they will be placed on the shelves for purchase.

+ Spinout209 on October 27th, 2010 at 3:11 pm said:

I loved the Rapist Video reference you guys put into the Demon Gourd video it made me laugh. If you haven’t seen the Youtube video then you wouldn’t have gotten it.

+ sassyGODDESS on October 27th, 2010 at 3:13 pm said:

We are in need of a serious IREM update. Sea Side of Memories & IREM Square should both be updated to the way Japan currently has they’re spaces and we should also get the other 4 spaces IREM has in Japan. We also need new IREM clothing they have so much to offer. As far as they’re games go we should get those in our PS Store like Spelunker and they’re older PS1 titles. None of the games have to be dubbed just put em under our Japanese imports in the PS Store.

+ Dedlock420 on October 27th, 2010 at 3:16 pm said:

Nice update Locust_Star! Are there any plans on increasing the “active” items limit for our personal spaces? I really want to be able to put all these “active” Halloween items in one space.

Thanks!

+ DIGGY305 on October 27th, 2010 at 3:17 pm said:

will the Zombie Halloween Event that was held in 2009 be going on this year as well?

+ XxadrammelechXx on October 27th, 2010 at 3:19 pm said:

wicked update LS and staff. cant wait for the new spooky stuff :) 1 Question i seen someone wiht a new still corupse bride costume and an emo looking dude. any word on theses items? i have pics if u wanna see them. TY LS :)
~Buzz

+ darkan12-nl on October 27th, 2010 at 3:20 pm said:

Johnny the Mysterious Doll”!!!
This is awesome again.
*sends invites for Halloween party*
Locust can i count you in?
Greetings eve

+ al2009man on October 27th, 2010 at 3:21 pm said:

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is da epic update in U.S.A!

+ Busca-Cabezas on October 27th, 2010 at 3:22 pm said:

When will all this updates be available?? Today, 27th? or Later, late 28th??

Locust_Star's Avatar

+ Locust_Star on October 27th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

This content will be available on Thursday, the 28th.

+ Contrito on October 27th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

@Spinout209: Same. I had a huge laugh at the “hide your husband” part. Heck I’ll probably log in and play it just for the laugh it gave me already. :)

+ WaveLightning777 on October 27th, 2010 at 3:25 pm said:

I’m still YLoD’d, and I’ve been supporting Sodium since the start, so I need to ask…. how long will that thank you reward be available?

+ zekececil14 on October 27th, 2010 at 3:38 pm said:

Why didn’t anyone post something about the LittleBigPlanet servers being down for maintenance? I was freaking out until I checked the LittleBigPlanet website. It is information of great importance that deserves a post!

+ irs5761 on October 27th, 2010 at 3:41 pm said:

Locust can u fix my ps3 it won’t read Any disc including DVD wats the problem

+ zekececil14 on October 27th, 2010 at 3:42 pm said:

For anyone who was wondering:

10/26/2010LittleBigPlanet Server Maintenance
Hi Sackfolk, at around 08:00am BSTon the 27th of October we will be taking the LittleBigPlanet servers offline for approximately 24 hours.In this time we will be fixing the servers up with lots of new technology to make them ready for both LittleBigPlanet 2, and the features that will be available on LBP.me.During this time, you will be unable to access any of the Community levels, or play online.When the servers come online again, you may notice one or two small differences, but most things should remain largely the same and the fun shall resume!Sorry about that, hopefully it won’t be too inconvenient for you all.Mm

+ Y2David on October 27th, 2010 at 3:51 pm said:

nice.. and thanks fer the two free gifts at the cp..looks like three new active items this week.. btw that bone shirt looks like The Punisher shirt..which looks kewl..

+ pretty-KlTTY on October 27th, 2010 at 3:54 pm said:

We WANT the vampiress outfit from last year!!!!! I’ve seen a reply on it not returning but I don’t understand why..???? YOU HAVE ALL THE GIRLS BEGGING FOR IT and you want to make money $$$ then why not bring it back?????? Doesn’t make any sense.. Bring back all other costumes but leave the most demanded one out.. I’m beginning to think this whole Suggestion Sticky is a waste of time… we tell you, you ignore.

+ DCS-Tekken on October 27th, 2010 at 3:57 pm said:

All I want is the Female Vampiric Hands back. I got the rest of the costume from last year. But they removed my Female Vampiric Hands when they took the costumes away from the Mall. So all i need is those Hands Back Please….

Thanks.

By: DCS

+ pretty-KlTTY on October 27th, 2010 at 4:12 pm said:

And I would also love to request an item.. Japan has a beautiful halloween dress and pitchfork. I would rather be dressed in spirit than buy star wars no offense but i mean JAPAN has really outdone US.. and they just started celebrating halloween not to long ago.. PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE!!!! Thank you in advance!!!!!!

+ trash80child on October 27th, 2010 at 4:29 pm said:

I haven’t been able get into home. It says I need an update, and try to get it, but system just restarts (never downloading/installing the update.)

<<sad panda

+ Epiclees on October 27th, 2010 at 4:39 pm said:

The creepy doll looks awesome XD

+ Edd on October 27th, 2010 at 5:06 pm said:

Hide your kids, hide your wives, hide your kids, hide your wives

Lol nice reference.

+ Marsz85 on October 27th, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

Haha, love the youtube reference, hide your kids, hide your, hide your husbands too cus they raping erbody out here!

+ BigRon3400 on October 27th, 2010 at 5:16 pm said:

Cool content. Glad to hear the pumpkin game is getting fixed. Wasted an hour trying to get that stuff last week. Also Sodium One Salt Shooter is the best game in Home. Just wish the credits weren’t such a chore to earn.

+ Evil_Torque on October 27th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

Hi, sorry for the off-Topic but… where is the Gran Turismo 5 release date?. Come on guys, i need this game now XD

+ residentface on October 27th, 2010 at 6:10 pm said:

how much will the pyramid head costume be?

+ zekececil14 on October 27th, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

The narrator in “Demon Gourd” sounds like Kevin Butler. But I have no idea if theres even a chance it is.

+ letherclad on October 27th, 2010 at 6:11 pm said:

Does this mean the lord pumpkinhead thing will work now? I tried last week and it just didn’t seem to work, I’ll also che k out the free stuff!

+ Neo_Phoenix78 on October 27th, 2010 at 6:15 pm said:

So, I haven’t really done much in Home and it’s been while since I’ve even remembered it was there. Am I missing out? Is it worth it? Because these videos were pretty interesting, I must admit.

+ QUICKSILV3R_com on October 27th, 2010 at 6:36 pm said:

lol ANTOINE DODSON reference..

+ christian3167474 on October 27th, 2010 at 7:15 pm said:

Ah! Sweet I’m looking forward to all these updates! Thanks for this update for Playstation(R)Home L_S!

PAGE 1 2