Ratchet & Clank PS4

Oct 27

Introducing PlayStation Rewards – A New Way to Earn Exclusive Status and Recognition

Susan Panico's Avatar Posted by Susan Panico on Oct 27, 2010 // Sr. Director, PlayStation Network

Today, we’re excited to share news of the launch of PlayStation Rewards, a new program that recognizes and rewards our users for simply doing what they love – playing games and interacting with the entertainment content that PlayStation has to offer. We really wanted to create something that says, “thank you” for being a loyal PlayStation fan.

PlayStation Rewards - Stacked

In its initial launch tomorrow (Oct. 28th), PlayStation Rewards will be an invitation-only beta to all eligible PlayStation Plus and Gamer Advisory Panel (GAP) members. We’re kicking things off as a beta so that we can get feedback from our most loyal fans in order to make it the best possible rewards program it can be. It’s also worth noting that during the beta phase, the program will be focused on PlayStation 3 owners, but we hope to include PSP users as well not too far down the road. Oh, and one more thing: PlayStation Rewards will be free – there is no fee to join!

Now, to give you a bit more details on the new loyalty program… PlayStation Rewards is designed to give you the opportunity to gain exclusive status, recognition, and rewards as a thank you for your continued interest in PlayStation. And, the best part is that you don’t have to do anything different. Keep playing new games, buying content purchased from PlayStation Network in the PlayStation Store and PlayStation Home, download movies and TV shows, or just communicate with us by taking one of our surveys, for example, and you’ll now be recognized for it.

The more you play and participate, the more progress you’ll make through our three reward tiers — “Select,” “Pro,” and “Legendary.” As your status increases, so do the rewards. And if you want to check out your current status level, simply go to your private profile page and look at the reward progress meter.

So what do you get? Right now, rewards include things like…

• Exclusive PSN avatars that display member status in the program
  • Exclusive dynamic themes and PlayStation Home content
  • Opportunities throughout the program year to participate in members-only sweepstakes and giveaways for experiences and merchandise you won’t find elsewhere (The first of which is an all expenses paid trip to the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, as PlayStation’s guest)

PlayStation Rewards Homepage

That’s just the start and our plan is to continually grow and improve the reward offering as the program itself evolves. Your feedback in this beta period will help make the program even better!!

If you’re a GAP member or PlayStation Plus subscriber in the U.S., who is opted-in to marketing as of October 24th, be sure to look for your invitation and sign-up for PlayStation Rewards.

To learn more about our new loyalty program, check back tomorrow when the site will be live and the beta forum will be available for all eligible participants.

We look forward to showing you our appreciation along the way!

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 10

+ JeneralG on October 27th, 2010 at 8:36 am said:

Ya Sony, you’re THE BOMB!

+ Mariye1982 on October 27th, 2010 at 8:36 am said:

Not impressed. With Club Nintendo and Square Enix Members, I get real rewards. (50 points away from one of the DS games and I got postcards from Square Enix Members during the last redemption period.)

+ dh4645 on October 27th, 2010 at 8:37 am said:

will this get me into the kz3 beta? hah

+ Mirauder on October 27th, 2010 at 8:37 am said:

why wouldn’t trophies be opted to this? Trophy level should determine these status’s in my opinion.

+ maver1ck89 on October 27th, 2010 at 8:37 am said:

Dude what

+ Chuckbait on October 27th, 2010 at 8:37 am said:

I don’t expect a response, since i never get them when i point out facts…. How can you say that this is a free program, when you have to be in playstation plus (which costs $50/year)?

Just another silly way for sony to try to get more money for offering nothing… or as Sony calls it, “saying thank you.”

+ SpyDudeFX on October 27th, 2010 at 8:38 am said:

So only Plus or GAP get in now? What about the myriad very loyal and highly engaged players that aren’t Plus or GAP?

+ Mirauder on October 27th, 2010 at 8:38 am said:

Oh yeah..quit leaving the Canadians out of stuff like this.. Proud to be Canadian.

+ LukasTrips on October 27th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

i may not be the first to ask this, but will this also count for content previously purchased on the PS store?

+ TripG on October 27th, 2010 at 8:41 am said:

Is there any indication that this program will be handled better then the PS+?

+ MaxxAmmo on October 27th, 2010 at 8:42 am said:

Rewarding loyalty to the PlayStation Universe with perks is a very nice idea!

+ mikedo2007 on October 27th, 2010 at 8:42 am said:

Can they make trophies part of the Playstaton Rewards like for example if I reach a certain levels or have a certain number of platium trophies, I get a good rewards.

I like the idea, but please involved the PSN trophies because I believe trophies can have some significant.

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Chris Hagedorn on October 27th, 2010 at 8:55 am said:

Cool idea. Send more when you have them.

+ Snookster231 on October 27th, 2010 at 8:42 am said:

Why must someone be a playstation plus member? I already buy and download stuff from the store. Non-members should not be excluded if purchases are being made outside the playstation plus membership. That really sucks!

+ whitetigergrowl on October 27th, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

Will it be retro-active?

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Chris Hagedorn on October 27th, 2010 at 8:56 am said:

Sorry, it’s not retro-active.

+ Mobius_124 on October 27th, 2010 at 8:43 am said:

i like the idea, but why not apply it to the amount of trophies someone has as well?

+ LightAce on October 27th, 2010 at 8:44 am said:

How long will the beta last for?

+ MarinoBrea on October 27th, 2010 at 8:44 am said:

@4 (fernandolins) I heard it’s also only available to literate people (those of us who can read).

+ Heavens_Blue on October 27th, 2010 at 8:45 am said:

so, is this the “p.s. thanks” aka PlayStation thanks program you guys announced a long time ago? I hope it’s still called p.s. thanks, that was pretty clever.

+ DA_SHREDDER on October 27th, 2010 at 8:45 am said:

I love you Sony.

+ KazeEternal on October 27th, 2010 at 8:45 am said:

What is considered eligibility? I’m in GAP and a PS+ subscriber lol.

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Chris Hagedorn on October 27th, 2010 at 8:58 am said:

Be on the lookout for your invite.

+ Miketheking75 on October 27th, 2010 at 11:34 am said:

Sony I hope you send me an invite I’ve been a GAP member for 6 years and I never got invited to anything, & I’ve been loyal PS3 fanboy.

+ ANUBUSNYC on October 27th, 2010 at 12:12 pm said:

Woohoo this is great I have been a G.A.P member for exactly 5 years and 15 weeks and a Plus member since the start, looks like I get an invite…..let me rephrase that, I better get an invite, J/K, keep up the good work PS!!!!;)

+ Sponge-worthy on October 27th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

So, this is PS++?

+ TheGuardianFID on October 27th, 2010 at 12:21 pm said:

Sweet stuff, thank you!!! 8)

+ Huuuze on October 27th, 2010 at 12:25 pm said:

Chris, can you please clarify the “opt-in” marketing portion of the requirement? I am a PSN Plus subscriber and I receive emails from Sony which specifically advertise the PlayStation Network (no other emails other than those). However, when I checked my PSN account’s marketing settings, I did not have the opt-in marketing checkbox checked.

If I’m receiving those emails would that indicate I’m eligible?

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Chris Hagedorn on October 27th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

Check my responses to comments 62 and 154. If you subscribed to PlayStation Plus before October 24 and are recieveing emails from PlayStation then you should be in good shape to get your invite to this beta.

+ Telekill on October 27th, 2010 at 12:32 pm said:

Sounds cool.

+ Elvick_ on October 27th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

Initial Reaction: Awesome. I love being rewarded for supporting companies.

Final Reaction: US only. Of course it is.

Nintendo Club is in Canada and that’s far better than this thing sounds. Take a note from Nintendo.

+ Senton1000 on October 27th, 2010 at 12:36 pm said:

Just wondering but is this ever going to come to europe? Its sounds like an awesome idea but i live in europe and want to do it aswell :P

Also does ur past transactions on PSN etc get counted?

+ dude2341 on October 27th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

OK for people who think that this is only for PS Plus and gap members. The beta is being put out to the Plus and GAP members so that it can be tested and tweaked. Everyone will be getting the PlayStation Rewards program as soon as the beta is over. Calm down and read the article again they say that as plain as day.

+ DeadlyGamer on October 27th, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

AWESOME!,.. ive been a G.A.P. member for a couple years now and ps+ since launch

i love being rewarded for my actions!

+ Zarxce on October 27th, 2010 at 12:57 pm said:

Will this go backwards and track what you’ve already did? I mean, I’ve already bought and played around 40 PS3 games, which I probably won’t get around to playing again….and the 1000+ trophies I’ve already earned…will I start off with a bit of a “head start”? Or everyone starts with a clean slate when the program officially launches? There’s only so many PS3 games to go around…

Or perhaps only newer games will support the program?

More details would be great. Though I’m guessing I’ll just have to wait for future posts…

Then again…not like this matters, as I live in Canada…..but still…..

+ Farmer-Brown on October 27th, 2010 at 1:03 pm said:

As a loyal diehard Sony fanboy I doubt I get invited to this, just like the Killzone 3 beta, I downloaded the theme and rated it and I was 30ish in rating it, called sony and got the run around, was told it was chosen randomly among 5k people then called back and got told another story. I’m Losing faith in you Sony after supporting you for 15+ years since I was a kid, even buying other sony products such as my big screen Sony Bravia, feels like the more I support you the more you slap me in the face.

Susan Panico's Avatar

+ Chris Hagedorn on October 27th, 2010 at 1:51 pm said:

Sorry to hear about that. The first 5,000 PlayStation Plus members that downloaded the theme were sent an email on Monday, October 25th with a voucher code for the beta. The email was sent to the email address associated with the PSN account.

+ Seahawk313 on October 27th, 2010 at 1:05 pm said:

lets see some trophy tie in’s, it would be awesome to see my trophies count for something!!

+ Mobstylez on October 27th, 2010 at 1:10 pm said:

Just checked my GAP profile. I’ve been a member for 7 years and 22 weeks. I have yet to receive an invitation.

+ EnigmaNemesis on October 27th, 2010 at 1:11 pm said:

Hey, I cant argue to with things.

Good job Sony, been a GAP member since 2001-2002. Even beta tested hardware (PS2 Network adapter, etc) from you guys.

Free is always good, especially for being rewarded for just loving to play games.

+ Spinout209 on October 27th, 2010 at 1:13 pm said:

I like this idea, and I have some ideas to go along with it. Hopefully I’m one of the few selected to Beta test this program.

+ GibbShift on October 27th, 2010 at 1:21 pm said:

Free stuff! WOO! WOO! WOOOOO!

+ Spinout209 on October 27th, 2010 at 1:26 pm said:

If we have already invested money into Playstation Store and games, will these be automatically added into our rewards or do we gotta start over?

+ berzerker-fin on October 27th, 2010 at 1:35 pm said:

Awesome, this is pretty much what i had dreamed of when i heard of xbox’s achievements (before that i hoped that playstation would get something similiar).
Anyway, a nice way to reward players is with material rewards, like controller-skins, posters, keyring and stuff like that.
Thank you for this. Only thing i’m now hoping for is a small magazine that’d come to the ps3/psp-owners.

+ alexbhp on October 27th, 2010 at 1:39 pm said:

Well I am a PS+ user and did not receive any email Why? WHY ME? with over 2000+ trophies and 100+ games, why am I excluded? WHY?

+ Sky-Rocketed77 on October 27th, 2010 at 1:41 pm said:

i’m G.A.P and PLUS..i’m pretty sure i’ll get in :)

+ brianR on October 27th, 2010 at 1:43 pm said:

hope i get in i think its a great idea

+ Vengeance88 on October 27th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

This is ridiculous that Canada isn’t included from the beginning.

+ KillerStefan15 on October 27th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

Is this coming to Europe as well?
I would love to take part in it.

+ Kirkpad on October 27th, 2010 at 1:44 pm said:

I eagerly await for this to show up in Canada. If this was retroactive with all the PSN games I’ve bought, I’d go legendary instantly.

+ Arcadian_Rebel on October 27th, 2010 at 1:50 pm said:

Sounds great! Thanks for the continued support, Sony!

+ SuperBob115 on October 27th, 2010 at 2:03 pm said:

So, I, who have been a loyal Sony fan since the beginning of my gaming career, actually bought the $600 PS3, bought every great PS3 game ever, and conviced 5 of my friends to purchase PS3s of their own, am not eligible to get rewards because I didn’t buy the useless Paystation Plus service. Wow.

+ Farmer-Brown on October 27th, 2010 at 2:05 pm said:

@232 I was one of the first 5000 to download it, I did it the exact second it became available while a friend of mine downloaded it about 20 minutes later and got in from it, no use saying anything because nothing will be fixed.

+ Goshawk88 on October 27th, 2010 at 2:08 pm said:

Yeah SuperBob i know what you mean by that.

+ Jeigh_Mate on October 27th, 2010 at 2:09 pm said:

I see we still have Europeans stalking this .blog, despite the opening of a EU blog. I thought we were done with all that. Whine and whine and whine that nothing pertains to you, then when you get your own, whining simply becomes a side thing. Where’s the line? Sociopolitical boundaries aren’t something that can just be ignored on the grounds of the “PlayStation Nation.” Go play with your TV Apps.

PAGE 1 3 4 5 6 7 10