PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

8th Annual Gran Turismo Awards at SEMA in Las Vegas on November 3rd

Alex Armour's Avatar + Posted by Alex Armour on Oct 28, 2010 // Senior Manager, Public Relations

The Gran Turismo Awards are back for an eighth year, ready to crown a new performance vehicle with the honor of getting digitally recreated in a future edition of the Gran Turismo franchise. The awards event will be held Wednesday evening, November 3rd at 9:00 pm at The Joint, located in the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. In addition to the awards ceremony, music acts Thirty Seconds to Mars along with DJ Diplo will play individual sets to help celebrate the evening in style.

Thirty Seconds to Mars

The Gran Turismo Awards at SEMA recognizes the best vehicles in five different categories: Best Hot Rod, Best Asian Import, Best European Import, Best Domestic Automobile, and Best Truck/SUV. After the five category winners are judged, one winner from each category is selected on performance and style by leading automotive media. From there, it falls to Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi to select the overall GT Awards “Best in Show” winner. Walking the show floor, Kazunori-san views each of the category winners and selects a vehicle that best represents the Gran Turismo brand; one that will be immortalized as a fully playable part of the Gran Turismo franchise for millions of fans around the world.

Morrison corvette - 06 winner in game

In addition to the music acts following the awards ceremony, guests will have a chance to check out and play Gran Turismo 5 prior to launch.

Transcammer 09 winner

For those of you in town to attend SEMA, come on by with your badge to check out the awards event and a great show. We look forward to seeing you Wed evening!

113 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ hpalvarez on October 28th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

Don’t care about the awards. GIVE US A RELEASE DATE BEFORE END OF OCTOBER AS PROMISED.

+ polo155 on October 28th, 2010 at 5:12 pm said:

i am soo sick of hearing of this game, although it is preorderd collectors ed…. tired of vids, tired of kaz’s face allover and no release. i learned from this dev to nvr get hopes up again. lifes lesson learned.

+ Surfaced on October 28th, 2010 at 5:13 pm said:

This better be carrying the new GT5 release date. Seriously.

+ ATLRoAcH on October 28th, 2010 at 5:15 pm said:

Yeah, this is nice but we really need a release date. This is my most anticipated game I need to know when it’s coming out.

+ Seeing_Red_Again on October 28th, 2010 at 5:17 pm said:

Gran Turismo 5 release date please

+ Marsz85 on October 28th, 2010 at 5:18 pm said:

Release it already…PLEASE!

I never did like an GT games until I played Prologue with a steering wheel, been looking forward to GT5 ever since.

Can we expect news about when its coming?

+ IceColdEskimo on October 28th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

GT5 Forever

+ pboarantes on October 28th, 2010 at 5:20 pm said:

RELEASE DATE!!! That’s what we want. I can’t belisca it’s almost the day it ajouje Bê relesses and not a word from you about when will it be… Seriously, give us a final date. We’re GT fans, don’t keep us lost like this… RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!!!

+ supercrap on October 28th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

RELEASE DATE!

+ pboarantes on October 28th, 2010 at 5:23 pm said:

RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!! RELEASE DATE!!!

+ TUSTIN1 on October 28th, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

All we care about is a GT5 release date. The awards might mean something if we knew when we were actually going to be able to buy/play the damn game…

Speak no more about GT5 unless it’s a freaking release date. No more Red Bull cars, no awards, no nothing until you have a freaking release date!!!!!!!

+ Killa_Aaron on October 28th, 2010 at 5:25 pm said:

We want a release date, Please i beg of thee.

+ Jimmy_Cosmos on October 28th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

LOL!! Did you mention “prior to launch” in that blog post? BWAHAHAHAAAAA *gasp* HAHAHAAAHAHAAAA yeah, GT5 getting a release date.. mmmhmmmm.. HAHAHAAA good one!!! Whew… ok. Wait, I feel it coming on again HAHAHAHAAAAA!!! Joke Blog Post.. move along!

+ Blkant on October 28th, 2010 at 5:27 pm said:

Yea… until this finally comes out, I really don’t want to hear the words Gran Turismo again… That delay was just such a let down… :(

+ eieio on October 28th, 2010 at 5:36 pm said:

A release date would me much appreciated, I want to take some time off work and need to know what days to schedule.

Can you make some calls/emails and get a date for us?

+ saiyanknight87 on October 28th, 2010 at 5:42 pm said:

c’mon sony y’all should know better that the people want to know the release date and what not announcing something like this without a release date is a fail, sometimes i think that sony gets joy out of torturing their own consumers from this to cross game chat. To good playstation plus deals, i dunno if i’m rolling with sony next gen smh.

+ fedex682 on October 28th, 2010 at 5:47 pm said:

Lol an award show. Sony sure does know what consumers want!

+ lcmnick on October 28th, 2010 at 5:50 pm said:

Wow, how did Alex become manager of PR? :D

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 28th, 2010 at 5:55 pm said:

GT5 won’t see the light of day until 2011 at the earliest. Guaranteed! Keep taking that GT5 demo to car shows and parading around like you actually have a game to release, give hardly any info on the game except in haphazard bits & pieces getting people dreaming of the ultimate driving game and drag them along with hints of a possible future release date you won’t meet. (seriously, before the delay, 3 weeks before launch there was and is no complete car list, no complete track list, no complete feature list. NOTHING!) You aren’t dragging me along on this silly ride anymore. I’m done and over it.

+ ThreeLeggedFreak on October 28th, 2010 at 6:01 pm said:

Release the game already.

+ MLZ911 on October 28th, 2010 at 6:06 pm said:

release date now!

+ Axecution on October 28th, 2010 at 6:06 pm said:

lol@the comments.

Well anyway, Happy Anniversary Gran Turismo! :D
I’m not a giant fan or anything, but im definitely getting GT5 day one, and will be playing with my Playseat and racing wheel. >.>

+ Skater_Ricky on October 28th, 2010 at 6:39 pm said:

****
Where is the Pre-Order Option on GameStop.com at for the Collector’s Edition for Gran Turismo 5 ??

Is it due to the release date change??

I already pre-ordered it. I just want to know if there no longer accepting Pre-orders for the Collector’s Edition or not throw GameStop?
*****

+ NoteSi on October 28th, 2010 at 6:42 pm said:

:::OFF Topic:::

can anyone tell me what kind of sunglasses hes wearing?

+ omega_alpha-619 on October 28th, 2010 at 6:52 pm said:

the dbag kind… lol

I for one wont be buying gt5. Like 17 said “you aren’t dragging me along on this silly ride anymore” … “I’m done, i’m over it”

+ MarinoBrea on October 28th, 2010 at 6:52 pm said:

What is this doing on the PS Blog? I thought this was a site for GAMES. What is this Gran Turismo 5 again? is it a game? IF IT WAS A GAME I’D BE PLAYING IT. Oh, it WILL be a game? really? somehow I’m skeptical…What to do with a Racing wheel for X-mas…hmmm, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit is calling my wallet. I remember Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 back in the PS2 days. I had A LOT of FUN with that game, and it came out of nowhere, really. I didn’t have to wait, and wait and wait long years and promises of perfection. It was just a happy unexpected blessing. I wonder if Santa will come visit twice this year.

+ MarinoBrea on October 28th, 2010 at 6:53 pm said:

It’s getting too late for GT5.

+ MaxxAmmo on October 28th, 2010 at 6:53 pm said:

What are the odds they deliver the award a little later than Wednesday evening, November 3rd at 9:00 pm?

+ nuclearwarlok on October 28th, 2010 at 6:55 pm said:

@Skater_Ricky…pre-orders for the collector’s edition at Gamestop are all sold out. That’s why it was taken off the website.

+ TUSTIN1 on October 28th, 2010 at 6:58 pm said:

Moderate my comment already – it’ll be number 10 – all I asked for was a release date – moderate and get over it already…

+ trev456 on October 28th, 2010 at 6:58 pm said:

Awards are pointless if there isn’t a game. People are losing interest.

+ nuclearwarlok on October 28th, 2010 at 7:03 pm said:

I wonder if they typed “in a future edition of the Gran Turismo franchise” with a straight face.

+ jazzyrider on October 28th, 2010 at 7:19 pm said:

Who cares now? This is getting old and not worth news anymore. Lets move on please.

+ N1ghtz on October 28th, 2010 at 7:31 pm said:

Celebrating the 8th annual delay of GT5?

+ Dark_Vincent on October 28th, 2010 at 7:32 pm said:

If I lived in US, I would go and egg anyone from the PD team

+ PaperCarrier on October 28th, 2010 at 7:41 pm said:

Forget Gran Turismo 5!!!! There’s Forza Motorsport III On XBOX 360!!

+ tiredminds on October 28th, 2010 at 7:44 pm said:

I think they put this up just to piss people off.. Really guys? No one! Really, no one, gives a rats @$$ about some awards. We want the game. This post makes me more mad then the delays! Get to work on the game and stop with the stupid promos!

+ PaperCarrier on October 28th, 2010 at 7:48 pm said:

What’s taking Polyphony Digital so long to make GT5? It only takes half the time for Turn 10 to make a better racing sim.
Forza 4 may be out before GT5.

+ hardvibes on October 28th, 2010 at 7:49 pm said:

Stop jerking around and 1) release the release date 2) release the damn game before mid december (of this year) !!!!!!!!

+ shawtymann on October 28th, 2010 at 7:57 pm said:

I really dont like hearing news about GT5 now. I took a week off of work for this game all for nothing.

+ PaperCarrier on October 28th, 2010 at 8:01 pm said:

Maybe there’s no such thing as GT5?

+ tiredminds on October 28th, 2010 at 8:05 pm said:

Its GT5 a racing team now? Or is it a game? I can’t remember?

+ Shadowsquirrel on October 28th, 2010 at 8:07 pm said:

Release Date Please!

+ PaperCarrier on October 28th, 2010 at 8:08 pm said:

It’s EVERYTHING BUT a game.

+ Trixzter7 on October 28th, 2010 at 8:11 pm said:

Agreed Sony.
5 years in the making and still getting delayed.
I swear there better not be one single bug/glitch in that game or else PD didn’t do their job.

+ PaperCarrier on October 28th, 2010 at 8:16 pm said:

Did anyone see the word “GAME” being mentioned anywhere in the Blog Post?

+ D-Squad3 on October 28th, 2010 at 8:24 pm said:

So GT5=2011?

+ QUICKSILV3R_com on October 28th, 2010 at 8:39 pm said:

SEMA IS THE REASON GT5 WAS DELAYED

+ JesseHaysFL on October 28th, 2010 at 8:44 pm said:

I feel bad for Alex, you had to know the comments would be like this.

+ syk1288 on October 28th, 2010 at 8:50 pm said:

Every comment is about the release date. lol

PAGE 1 2 3