PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

The Sly Collection Sneaks onto PS3 November 9th

Glen Egan's Avatar + Posted by Glen Egan on Oct 28, 2010 // President, Sanzaru Games

It seems like E3 was just yesterday and I was rolling out details on The Sly Collection to you along with some screenshots. This time I am back with not only more screenshots but a very cool new video put together by my good friends at SCEA that re-introduces the story behind Sly Cooper and his gang. But, most of all, I’m here to let you know when you can purchase The Sly Collection: the game ships just under 2 weeks from now on November 9 for the totally sweet price of $39.99!

The Sly Collection is a single Blu-ray disc that includes all 3 of the original Sly Cooper games: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves, and Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves. All three games have been completely remastered to play back in widescreen HD and 3D.

But wait; there’s more! We are also including a set of 4 custom minigames playable with the new PlayStation Move in full HD and 3D. We wanted to add a little more multiplayer fun to the Sly Collection and with the advent of the PlayStation Move motion controller we figured this was a perfect opportunity. There are 4 minigames on the disk, one each for Sly, Bentley, Murray, and Carmelita. Each minigame captures an aspect of the character and presents it in a way that’s great fun to play with the PlayStation Move, but you can also enjoy with your DualShock controller. And of course like everything else in The Sly Collection you can play it all in 3D! (cue echo effect)

The Sly Collection The Sly Collection

We at Sanzaru Games are all huge fans of the Sly Cooper franchise; it has been an honor to work with the super cool folks at Sucker Punch to bring the Sly Collection to you. Sly, Bentley and Murray are such great characters and the games have such a great sense of humor, we can’t wait to see them thrust back into the spotlight. So without further ado, check out the latest trailer and delve further in to the Sly Cooper legend!

PAGE 1 2

+ Neil on October 28th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

For some reason I thought this was coming out next year.

+ nino1911 on October 28th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

yup this 3 games define my ps2 childhood. if trophies existed on ps2 ill platinum all 3 of them :D

+ krae_man on October 28th, 2010 at 8:06 am said:

Loved the first game, never finished the second and never played the third. Can’t wait.

Call of what?

+ krae_man on October 28th, 2010 at 8:07 am said:

Oh and Ratchet collection already.

k thx by

+ SPOOKULA209 on October 28th, 2010 at 8:08 am said:

never played the Sly games but my nephew used to love them, I’ll be picking this up for my kids

+ kentacohut on October 28th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Trophies? I would assume so

+ TUSTIN1 on October 28th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Nice, a release date…now how about one for GT5?

+ chaoszero14 on October 28th, 2010 at 8:12 am said:

Man, so many good games in so little time! Ghost of Sparta, SingStar Dance, The Sly Collection,
Assassins Creed Brotherhood and maybe a couple weeks after that just maybe Gran Turismo 5!

+ VanilaGorila-x- on October 28th, 2010 at 8:14 am said:

@6 Yes, you get to Platinum all 3 games. WOOHOO!!!

Peace,
VG

+ Bulleteddy on October 28th, 2010 at 8:18 am said:

Never got a chance to play the originals, I’m looking forward to this!

+ letherclad on October 28th, 2010 at 8:18 am said:

I’m really excited for this, its a great series (worthy of the post yesterday about the best PS2 games) and its all three remastered for $40! Thats a ridiculously good deal, I can’t wait!

Is it true that each game has its own trophy set with its own platinum? That’d be awesome.

Glen Egan's Avatar

+ Glen Egan on November 1st, 2010 at 12:19 pm said:

Yes, each game will have its own platinum trophy.

Cheers,

G

+ Seeing_Red_Again on October 28th, 2010 at 8:19 am said:

Finally, been waiting for the release date. Can’t wait to get it

Glen Egan's Avatar

+ Glen Egan on November 1st, 2010 at 12:22 pm said:

Hi there,

The trailer footage is grabbed from game builds earlier in development, we have since worked on many optimisations to bring the frame rate up to 60.

Cheers,

G

+ DA_SHREDDER on October 28th, 2010 at 8:23 am said:

I will get this when I finally get a 3-D tv.

+ MadmanV10 on October 28th, 2010 at 8:24 am said:

As long as Move is NOT required to play this collection or earn trophies, then its all fine.

Glen Egan's Avatar

+ Glen Egan on November 1st, 2010 at 12:24 pm said:

Hi there,

Move controllers are not required to earn any trophies in the game, but it is a bunch of fun to play the minigames with them!

Cheers,

G

+ Berae on October 28th, 2010 at 8:26 am said:

I’m getting this, never really dig those games its a great opportunity.

+ zerolaff on October 28th, 2010 at 8:32 am said:

Bagging this. Missed it the first time round on PS2..

+ hush404 on October 28th, 2010 at 9:07 am said:

Can’t Wait! :D

+ BlooodyCow on October 28th, 2010 at 9:12 am said:

Finally a solid release date.

+ THE_MR_PENGUIN on October 28th, 2010 at 9:30 am said:

cant wait.
just got a 3Dtv and move so im ready to go.

+ jonathanM21 on October 28th, 2010 at 9:37 am said:

I’m ashamed to admit that I’ve never played any of the Sly Cooper games! I’m really excited to pick this up for my pS3 and get in on the action.

+ Neo_Phoenix78 on October 28th, 2010 at 9:48 am said:

!!!

+ FunkyTable on October 28th, 2010 at 9:52 am said:

Does anyone know if all three games are available once you start it up? I played the first two sly cooper games but never got to the third one, but now I’m interested.

Glen Egan's Avatar

+ Glen Egan on November 1st, 2010 at 12:34 pm said:

Yes, all 3 games are playable from the start and can be played in any order.

Cheers,

G

+ alok893 on October 28th, 2010 at 10:01 am said:

I’ve never played them i might buy them now and play them!

+ FeistFan on October 28th, 2010 at 10:08 am said:

I never had a PS2, so this series just slipped off my radar. But a raccoon thief protagonist with a witty repertoire…how can it not be AWESOME? I’ll be picking it up at some point soon. Looks like this might be one my kids will enjoy, too!

+ willskate4free on October 28th, 2010 at 10:38 am said:

will we able to play all the games with the move controller? the stuff that arent the mini games that is, the main games.

Glen Egan's Avatar

+ Glen Egan on November 1st, 2010 at 12:28 pm said:

Hi there,

The original games are all very awesome and we didn’t want to try and shoehorn the Move into them so we just concentrated our efforts on upgrading the experience for the latest HDTV and 3D technology.
    Cheers,

G

+ TomHoang on October 28th, 2010 at 11:18 am said:

Already preordered! I never played these on the PS2. Now just give us the Jak and Daxter Collection.

+ Street_Killaz on October 28th, 2010 at 11:44 am said:

sweet going to pre order this!! Day one buy!! Looking good!!

+ EggySong85 on October 28th, 2010 at 12:10 pm said:

Can you play through the campaigns with Move? Will it be utilized somehow?

+ crusher915 on October 28th, 2010 at 12:13 pm said:

online?

+ DJKim0701 on October 28th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

@30– No

+ Thane_of_Fife on October 28th, 2010 at 12:38 pm said:

YES can’t wait! own and got 100% on all 3 games by far my favorite series,picking this up day one.

+ OnslaughtCometh on October 28th, 2010 at 12:40 pm said:

1 and 2 are awesome, 3 was very disappointing, IMO.

+ plaztiksyke on October 28th, 2010 at 12:52 pm said:

Great news, been looking forward to this release for months!

It’s nice to see some texture re-authoring as shown in the video. Sly’s tail looked really awful in the older screenshots and videos.

Was the music and voiceover audio re-authored from the original LPCM assets to take advantage of the space and transfer rates afforded by bluray and the PS3′s hard drive, or will we just be hearing the sub-MP3 quality from the original releases?

When playing in 2D mode, does the resolution increase to 1080p? if not, why did you not at least use 2X MSAA to scale up from 720p and then down to 1080p like many games do these days?

I’m really looking forward to the ICO and Prince of Persia collections as well, I hope they also do a good job of re-authoring textures and audio from the original lossless/HD assets.

+ Chuckbait on October 28th, 2010 at 1:00 pm said:

I hope you can play the story modes with the move controller. However, I’ve never played any of the Sly games…. I think i had a demo disc for one of them back then though?

+ ajayghosal on October 28th, 2010 at 1:54 pm said:

please give me gta collection pleeeeeease

Glen Egan's Avatar

+ Glen Egan on November 1st, 2010 at 12:30 pm said:

Sorry, not my call – check with RockStar ;-)

+ PSWii2008 on October 28th, 2010 at 2:52 pm said:

I never got to play the first game, but I heard it was very good! I rented the other 2 games at least twice, but I didn’t get to beat #3 (I think I beat #2). I will absolutely get this collection! 3 Platinum trophies? I can’t pass that up!

+ D-Squad3 on October 28th, 2010 at 3:05 pm said:

That is a steal!

+ DazeOfWar on October 28th, 2010 at 3:36 pm said:

This and COD will be my last purchases of the year. I have to many games already but the Sly collection is a must. 3 great games for only $40 why would you pass this up.

+ ClassicSpyroFan on October 28th, 2010 at 4:26 pm said:

all right!! now all we need is a Jak and Daxter collection and were good to go!! Im going to get this ASAP!! I never got the chance to play Sly on the PS2 and its only $39.99 for all of them on the PS3 so I win both ways!! Thank you for the collection, and if were lucky, and this sells well, Sucker Punch might make Sly 4 after inFamous 2!! and its avalable on the 9!! I thought it would be on the 16!! This jest keeps getting better and better!!

+ eddieMX07 on October 28th, 2010 at 4:46 pm said:

Looking forward to playing Sly Cooper… Never had a chance to play it on PS2 but wanted to buy it just never got round it. Now I have no excuse to play this colorfull platformer

Also agree that a Jak & Daxter would be great… Last year I bought Precursor Legacy but haven’t finished it and would be willing to buy the collection

+ bushisprez on October 28th, 2010 at 4:52 pm said:

murray will rape you violently! lol now I can complete the original game since I never played it but sly 2 + 3 were spectacular.

+ digitalman123 on October 28th, 2010 at 5:11 pm said:

No joke: My spine is TINGLING! Gonna get platinums on ALL of them! (Eventually!) @31: Really? Don’t think so. Online please!

+ toohanrocks on October 28th, 2010 at 5:22 pm said:

Yes!Fianlly! It is actually going to come out in 1 week. I can’t wait.I have played the second game and I loved it so to be able to play it again and play the other two games is just awesome.

+ Kwe-101 on October 28th, 2010 at 5:53 pm said:

Is this going to have at least 120 trophies? Generally a game average 60…..

+ Destiny89 on October 28th, 2010 at 6:14 pm said:

looking forward to it

+ shadysaiyanz on October 28th, 2010 at 6:35 pm said:

Never played any Sly game, totally getting this :D

+ Keyeszx on October 28th, 2010 at 7:45 pm said:

WHY!!!!???!!!!

God of War Ghost of Sparta and Sly Cooper Collection soon after. I can’t decide. Wait is there any preorder bonus or some special edition? I can always get this later and get GoW first.

+ BigBangBear on October 28th, 2010 at 7:53 pm said:

ditto 47′s comment.

+ Su2lol on October 28th, 2010 at 7:53 pm said:

@27, I love Jak & Daxter (1,2,3, and maybe X). All the other/newer ones are crap no one can make them like Naughty Dog, I hope when next Uncharted or whatever comes out they remaster Jak. I’d be thrilled as hell.

PAGE 1 2