Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Oct 29

Dead Nation: Weapon Upgrades Trailer, Armor Upgrades and a PS3 Theme

David Bull's Avatar Posted by David Bull on Oct 29, 2010 // Brand Manager, SCEA

Zombies, zombies everywhere. They’re coming from above you and below, they’re coming from all sides. So how are you supposed to fend off the increasing hordes as you progress through Dead Nation? Upgrades!

In Dead Nation’s action-packed levels, it’s crucial to collect as much cash as possible from the undead hordes and trunks of vehicles. Once you find a Weapon Shop, you’ll be able to cash in your loot and purchase more ammo and, most importantly, weapon upgrades. Increasing the power and firing rate for your default Rifle can be the difference between life and (un)death, especially since it’s your designated fallback weapon and the only gun with unlimited ammo. The SMG and Shotgun also benefit enormously from power and firing rate, helping you annihilate dozens of ghouls at a time. You can also upgrade ammo carrying capacity and clip size for most weapons, while power weapons such as the Blade Cannon feature special weapon-specific upgrades.

What’s more, you can also upgrade deployable items. Grenades can have a greater blast radius, flares can burn longer to make for an even more useful diversion, and mines can be infused with multi-stage explosive charges to keep the pain coming. You can also increase your carrying capacity for these items – if you’ve got the cash!

You’ll also come across armor pieces hidden throughout the environments of Dead Nation, so keep your eyes peeled for golden crates. Armor pieces can be mixed and matched, enabling you to customize your character’s attributes at Weapon Stores in between levels. Want to be a melee master? Select armor with a high Strength rating. Want to shrug off enemy zombie attacks? Max out your Endurance rating. Prefer to rely on evasive maneuvers? Choose armor with high Agility. You can mix and match to specialize in one attribute or become a Jack of all trades, so the choice is yours!

This week on the PlayStation Store, we released the City of the Dead theme for free. Hope you all enjoyed it! Keep your eyes on the Store next week as the Dead Man’s Hand dynamic theme is coming out on Nov. 2nd for North America. You can pick it up for $2.99 but we’re giving it away for FREE for PlayStation Plus subscribers. Enjoy!

Dead Nation Dynamic theme

PAGE 1 2

+ ivetusmcsat8202 on October 29th, 2010 at 11:56 am said:

This game looks nice but reminds me a lot of Zombie Apocalypse. It’s hard to say if I’ll be picking it up at this time but the trailers for it look awesome.

David Bull's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 29th, 2010 at 2:20 pm said:

It is radically different, despite the zombie theme.

+ xBURROx on October 29th, 2010 at 12:02 pm said:

There’s gonna be unlockable Home content from this game?? I mean a cool zombie suit or clothes from the main characters???

+ Dragun619 on October 29th, 2010 at 12:05 pm said:

I hear Dead Nation will have a Platinum Trophy. Is that true?

If it is, then day one! I mean, It must be quite the big game if it has a platinum trophy right? like Wipeout, Warhawk, etc. How big will the game be when I Download it?

+ kNoWlEdGe22 on October 29th, 2010 at 12:26 pm said:

This game is looking too good…

+ ViRaL- on October 29th, 2010 at 12:33 pm said:

Day One for sure!!!
It would be cool if we could pre-order PSN games and get incentives like retail games

+ LBartley on October 29th, 2010 at 12:37 pm said:

Wait, so you’re saying the graphics/physics effects have been ramped up even MORE? I played a beta build from a while back, and it was already extremely impressive.

Hyped for the release date/price announcement. (Hint, $15 would be awesome. I know $10 is impossible with a platinum, $20 is too much)

+ THE_MR_PENGUIN on October 29th, 2010 at 12:39 pm said:

will the game support 3d like superstardust HD?
at launch or patch?

+ CH1N1T0- on October 29th, 2010 at 12:42 pm said:

I’m expecting a blast from this one. I’ve been waiting for this baby for a looooooooooong time already!!

Oh… a free dynamic theme. I hope it’s worth it. Anything in store for your PS Rewards Beta?

+ tulaib on October 29th, 2010 at 12:53 pm said:

david bulll i love you

+ Unknown_Gunner on October 29th, 2010 at 1:02 pm said:

Every time I see a Dead Nation headline, i get so excited! I cannot wait for this game… I showed my friends and they are all getting it to… I don’t want to ask for to much, but maybe after release have 3-4 player co-op? I have 3 good friends, who i play everything with… and were always looking for new games we can all play together.. but like I said, I just want the game !!

+ k1ngsnak3 on October 29th, 2010 at 1:17 pm said:

b-r-i-n-g i-t!!! Can’t wait for this to come out…

+ Enkei-Xpress on October 29th, 2010 at 1:32 pm said:

Release it already!! :D

+ DeadCell34 on October 29th, 2010 at 2:10 pm said:

Dead Nation = Gran Turismo 5

Enough of these trailers, I just want a release date. I know, we’ll know “soon”. That’s all I’ve heard for 3 months.

Truth be told, this won’t be released til sometime in January or February.

PAGE 1 2